Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

or you could LIVE IN IT

If I keep buying cars I am going to have to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

everdave posted:

If I keep buying cars I am going to have to

You'll be like a traveling carnival show, rocking up with the HiAce followed by a long line of JDM imports

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

French Canadian posted:

The cursed camper has arrived! I hope it's smooth sailing from now on!

The woodwork you showed under that vinyl(?) looks nice!

Bamboo-work?

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Following up for other interested goons about my MegaZip order.

A++ would buy again.

I was waiting to by a radiator fan shroud because shipping was killer everywhere. Ordered that and a few other items I knew would be in stock and everything arrived from the Middle East in perfect condition.

Thanks all for the feedback and saving me poor!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

This is the best kei anything I've ever driven and certainly the best kei we've ever imported. It's amazing. Pretty clean too for just getting off the boat, hasn't been washed or cleaned at all yet. Doesn't need much of anything besides new tires (of course) and a deep clean.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
That interior is loving wild. I love it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:swoon:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
That's a beauty. Shame about the IC.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

sharkytm posted:

That's a beauty. Shame about the IC.

Nothing a dental pick, a jeweler's loupe, a comfy chair, and 10 man-hours can't fix.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How hard can it be to find a replacement and/or have it rebuilt?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dagen H posted:

Nothing a dental pick, a jeweler's loupe, a comfy chair, and 10 man-hours can't fix.

Laughed at this. Only way to fix it, pick a day to do nothing else and knock it out.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wonder if those radiator fin combs actually work for this.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I wonder if those radiator fin combs actually work for this.

Maybe? It's just the intercooler and it isn't like they are easy to bend, I was just going to take a pick and spend some time opening the passages back up

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That interior is loving wild. I love it!

I want E.T. headrests in every car now

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You should rally cross it, would make a great little rally car although if you start breaking drivetrain poo poo it could be a bitch getting parts.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Maybe wrong thread, but anyone tall here that has sat in an MK2 Supra? Holy poo poo they look cool, but as someone who didn't fit in a 89 Honda legend without rubbing my head on the ceiling, need I even bother? I'm 192cm (~6' 4"). I've got long legs.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

MrOnBicycle posted:

Maybe wrong thread, but anyone tall here that has sat in an MK2 Supra? Holy poo poo they look cool, but as someone who didn't fit in a 89 Honda legend without rubbing my head on the ceiling, need I even bother? I'm 192cm (~6' 4"). I've got long legs.

I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably in them (I'm mostly leg, with crazy long tibias). Edmunds says 43.6" which is quite roomy.

e: jesus, this minty '95 Civic SiR I was watching went for 1,200,000 yen today...

snugglz fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 23, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, diesel, undercarriage surface rust and paint, rear trim modification holes, small chips in windshield, studless tires, seats torn, steering wheel grip worn, dashboard glue remains, other dents scratches paint peeling

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker at 83,000 km, slight sludge only, coolant ok, center diff/rear diff slightly oily but not dripping, tires at 50% ok, spare ok, no leaks mold or rust in trunk, undercarriage slight surface rust only, boots ok, hood color slightly off, windshield chips small, drivers seat 5cm tear, other seats ok, dashboard glue remains, glove box does not stay closed, ceiling liner dirty, cargo area both side panels holes (speaker holes?), no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, 4wd ok, lights ok, windows ok, wipers ok

GOD I LOVE RUGGERS so loving much. 1994 Daihatsu Rugger F78, our fourth Rugger, second F78. Maybe not as nice as the last one but who cares, got this one for pretty inexpensive compared to our F78. It's turbo diesel, it's 4WD, it's 90s as hell and has a big rear end set of Bosch fog lights on the front of its bullbar. Ruggers have been very good to us both in just being excellent vehicles and also for resale. I will probably always buy every one I can.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, aftermarket 14" wheels, front cross member/core support slightly bent, interior slightly dirty, screen cloudy, trunk screw holes, other aftermarket parts, small chips in windshield, other dents scratches

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts one shot, idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, oil slight sludge, coolant dirty but ok, valve cover area slightly oily but no drips, tires at 70% ok, spare old and slight cracks but ok, no leaks mold or rust under hood, slightly surface rust on undercarriage only, boots ok, roof faded, windshield area frame paint cracks but no rust, windshield chips small, seats slightly worn, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, lights ok, windows ok, wipers ok, front end core support and member slightly bent (fender bender).

Inspector said it was in very good condition good condition

1993 Honda Beat, late to the Beat game but I always like to wait for good ones. This one is extremely good as it has three things I was after: Stock condition, low miles, and not torn driver's seat bolster. This has all three, with being totally stock (with the exception of the wheels BUT WHEELS DON'T COUNT), having 30,000 km, and not having a torn seat bolster. That it is yellow too is a bonus since that's my favorite factory Beat color. Not thrilled with the luggage rack on the trunk OR their choice of wheels, but everything else is A++. Will be extra happy if that extra steering wheel in the passenger footwell is a Momo.

Also our Mira continues to be a goddamned fantastic car.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That Beat had what I was looking for in one And I personally love the luggage rack but I want a white one...good find/buy I was tempted on it today!

Bucket Kei at port:

everdave fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 24, 2019

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

KakerMix posted:

1993 Honda Beat, late to the Beat game but I always like to wait for good ones. This one is extremely good as it has three things I was after: Stock condition, low miles, and not torn driver's seat bolster. This has all three, with being totally stock (with the exception of the wheels BUT WHEELS DON'T COUNT), having 30,000 km, and not having a torn seat bolster. That it is yellow too is a bonus since that's my favorite factory Beat color. Not thrilled with the luggage rack on the trunk OR their choice of wheels, but everything else is A++. Will be extra happy if that extra steering wheel in the passenger footwell is a Momo.

are those factory zebra print seats?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

are those factory zebra print seats?

This poo poo ain't zebra friend.

They are factory white tiger stripe print seats.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

snugglz posted:

I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably in them (I'm mostly leg, with crazy long tibias). Edmunds says 43.6" which is quite roomy.

Great! However I'm having a super hard time finding parts in Europe for these cars. Feels like a hot potatoe because of the lack of parts. Or are there any other common models that share most of the parts?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

everdave posted:

That Beat had what I was looking for in one And I personally love the luggage rack but I want a white one...good find/buy I was tempted on it today!

Bucket Kei at port:

LOL
The bucket... Is nearly the same size as the cab.
I love it!

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
For the life of me I can't find the rear main seal in any of these diagrams on PartSouq. Anyone want to play where's waldo and try to find it?

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/gen...NFS62DT-7103117

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Look on diagram #20 Timing Gear Case And Flywheel Housing, part #175

8970252060 Seal, oil

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Dagen H posted:

Look on diagram #20 Timing Gear Case And Flywheel Housing, part #175

8970252060 Seal, oil

Heyooo...thanks!

Question: When parts are showing low qty, like 1-10, do they ever get replenished if it's a older vehicle? Do I need to buy while I can still get said parts?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

That Beat is pretty much my dream, minus the luggage rack.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Merry Christmas! Got the pictures of the Rugger we bought in:

It's a Marine Runner! I don't know what that actually means, but Rockys could come in the same trim. It's two-tone and not the same color as the other F78 Rugger we had, this one is 'Dark Gray Mica' vs the 'Gray Metallic' of our older one. This one does have power windows which owns, and I guess someone figured out how to keep the glove box shut since the pictures now show it closed. Also includes factory-fit fog light switch and also looks like its equipped with a rear heater. I do not know if those wheel covers are stock but I don't exactly hate them, though I do hope that the steel wheels underneath are the same as the spare. Also check out that in-unite single speaker headunit. Headlights are yellow.
God I love Ruggers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's fuckin adorable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Really not a fan of those hubcaps either but the whole truck looks really nice. Good colour too!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Love the Rugger, my buddy was going to ask on it I told him not to you would probably be on it!

Edit: JCD have posted a few cars Kaker and myself have purchased on their IG and FB lately. I don’t know if that means we buy too many vehicles, the “right” vehicles or some combination of both

everdave fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 26, 2019

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Kaker and everdave, how do you approach the conversion from r12 to r134? Case by case, or usually the cheap fitting retrofits are good, or remove all the compressor oil first and refill with a new oil, etc? I see way too many opinions on the internet...

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

French Canadian posted:

Kaker and everdave, how do you approach the conversion from r12 to r134? Case by case, or usually the cheap fitting retrofits are good, or remove all the compressor oil first and refill with a new oil, etc? I see way too many opinions on the internet...

No need to convert, but if you choose to 134 is the worst choice. See my thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Dock Pics!

I'm the double center mount brake lights

And this Beat. It looks incredibly good, only the rear plastic window is cloudy but otherwise :discourse: Also it WAS a Momo steering wheel in the passenger footwell hell yeah. Going to put that on the Alto Works

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Very nice! Seeing the AWD crammed underneath into the Suzuki made me happy.

Question for ya'll: Is replacing stock radios in '90s JDM cars any harder than 90's Japanese US cars?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

French Canadian posted:

Question for ya'll: Is replacing stock radios in '90s JDM cars any harder than 90's Japanese US cars?

It’s just the same wires as USA except they will not have used an adapter and it will be a spliced mess. But it’s not bizarro world back there

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

French Canadian posted:

It's exactly the same, there is zero difference between, say, a USDM MR2 and a JDM MR2 when it comes to the wiring harness for the headunit. The headunit itself, however, is the part that's different. You can simply install whatever unit you'd like in a stock unit's location and it will be exactly the same as if you were doing it to a USDM vehicle.

For instance, HA02B, the common wiring harness you can get for any USDM Honda from 1986-1997 works perfectly with Honda Actys.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Can confirm. Just did the MR2s and they even used a harness and bullet connectors on the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

If one was to want one of those Honda Beats, how hard is it to source parts?