Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I feel like an idiot every single day. It's when you stop feeling like that that you know you truly are an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Powershift posted:

You ever get the feeling you might be an idiot? :smith:

Wife left her car just slightly to the center of our 2 car garage not anticipating me coming home before her moving it again. Well, I didn't notice and backed into the garage and damaged both of our cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm just an idiot on the regular.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

meatpimp posted:

I'm having a tough time envisioning scale -- are the animals still in the area, or have they been removed? Is there going to be anything for you to go back to?

Stay safe, that's some nasty stuff.

The hills are alive with the sound of gunshots.....

This thing was moving at up to 11,000m/h across the open pastures. Any live stock that was stuck in fenced paddocks is either dead or dying now. I went out as fire cover with the animal triage teams during the Sampson flat fire and we ran out of ammunition at lunch time.

It depends on the intensity of the fire as it ran- in the heavy timber where there was heaps of fuel it’s probably just ash and nothing, but it can run across grass so fast and so lightly that it won’t melt a poly line if it’s got water in it. The fire that went across my parents place in 2006 was hot enough to turn an aluminium scaffold into slag on the neighbours place but in my parents heavily grazed paddock it didn’t even set fire to 2” sticks.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

You’ve got to love the reminders the planet gives us now and again that we’re just tenants here, and don’t own the place. Nature really is a Mother.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Darchangel posted:

You’ve got to love the reminders the planet gives us now and again that we’re just tenants here, and don’t own the place. Nature really is a Mother.
Aye. Letting fuel build up like we do, putting fires out as quick as we can, etc, just makes it worse when a fire inevitably starts to burn out of control. Pushing our way further and further into the brush just puts more at risk when it happens. Nature doesn't give a poo poo what we want, acreage will burn.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

In the immortal lyrics of the Grateful Dead:

quote:

We don't own this place, though we act as if we did
It's a loan from the children of our children's kids
The actual owners haven't even been born yet

But we never tend the garden and rarely we pay the rent
Most of it is broken and the rest of it is bent
Put it all on plastic and wonder where we'll be when the bills hit
:sigh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stay safe Aussie AI.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

In the immortal lyrics of the Grateful Dead:

:sigh:

Barlow or Hunter? Sounds more like Barlow to me. Killing me we’re losing all them dudes.

On a happier note, Santa says I’ve been good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

Aye. Letting fuel build up like we do, putting fires out as quick as we can, etc, just makes it worse when a fire inevitably starts to burn out of control.

Thats not what is happening here. It's a climate change fuelled epic drought that is leaving literal rainforest tinderbox dry and ready to explode if you look at it wrong.

And oh by the way, a lot of the areas burnt 6 years ago north of me. There's really not that much build up and yet it's turning into walls of flames. A firestorm doesnt give a poo poo if you rake leaves from the forest floor.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats not what is happening here. It's a climate change fuelled epic drought that is leaving literal rainforest tinderbox dry and ready to explode if you look at it wrong.

And oh by the way, a lot of the areas burnt 6 years ago north of me. There's really not that much build up and yet it's turning into walls of flames. A firestorm doesnt give a poo poo if you rake leaves from the forest floor.

Yep, The place where this fire has burnt was previously burnt by a massive bushfire in 2015. 4 years of growth and it was still uncontrollable- and we arent in anywhere near as bad a drought as NSW is.

There ya go for a sense of scale. This one fire is bigger than the entire urban area of Adelaide.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I am a high-functioning idiot.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

trouser chili posted:

Barlow or Hunter? Sounds more like Barlow to me. Killing me we’re losing all them dudes.

Barlow. He was really coming on in the later years. :(

quote:

On a happier note, Santa says I’ve been good.

Yesssssssss

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I beat the poo poo out of myself in the garage for 5 hours. That will show me.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Powershift posted:

I beat the poo poo out of myself in the garage for 5 hours. That will show me.

Yeah, I'm taking an SSRI as well, it usually takes about that long.

wait, what were we talking about?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

redgubbinz posted:

Yeah, I'm taking an SSRI as well, it usually takes about that long.

wait, what were we talking about?

Whatever you gotta do to clean your garage, buddy :):respek::)

In not cool news, might be a shooter at the local walmart

https://twitter.com/CityofRedDeer/status/1208210407476719616

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Space Combat review: it is indeed a Star War. Enjoyed it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Star Wars : Where the gently caress did all those Sith come from is indeed a Star War and a pretty decent one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

yup

https://twitter.com/RCMPAlberta/status/1208226697499365376

IOwnCalculus posted:

Space Combat review: it is indeed a Star War. Enjoyed it.

You mean this?

https://www.spaceforce.mil/

Don't bother trying to join, it just links you to the air force, i already tried.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

You mean this?

https://www.spaceforce.mil/

Don't bother trying to join, it just links you to the air force, i already tried.

If it's anything like the Chair Force don't bother you're not missing anything

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Power out. Currently outside watching all hell break loose to the west and north in 44C windy gently caress you heat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh.

We have machines that take two hours to set up for a job, I had one such job tonight. Got it all done, within tolerance, started it up and not even 10 minutes in the supply snagged and snapped. What a yucky night.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Anyone have any tips or advice migrating your primary email over to another email address? Obviously other than simply changing your email addresses with the people you care about?

I've been using Yahoo since the earliest days of the internet (my email is literally my last name and initial) and I think I want to start the migration process more sooner than later. It's been a long time coming.

I recently bought a domain with a respected host and a basic plan which includes email/webmail. I also use gmail but alphabets tentacles are getting more and more invasive so I'd rather not use them as my primary either.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

slidebite posted:

Anyone have any tips or advice migrating your primary email over to another email address? Obviously other than simply changing your email addresses with the people you care about?

I've been using Yahoo since the earliest days of the internet (my email is literally my last name and initial) and I think I want to start the migration process more sooner than later. It's been a long time coming.

I recently bought a domain with a respected host and a basic plan which includes email/webmail. I also use gmail but alphabets tentacles are getting more and more invasive so I'd rather not use them as my primary either.

Forward your Yahoo and respond from the new address. Yahoo charges for forwarding, but 1 year should be plenty. You can still check it afterwards.

Or be a nutjob like me and maintain 4 Gmail accounts, 1 Yahoo, 1 Hotmail, plus several domain accounts. And 2 email addresses of a deal guy whose business I bought. (Don't do this)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who can we trust to not be dicks about email? Google is dicks. So is Microsoft.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Self host.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I'm using Fastmail for my business email and it's alright.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Self host.

I don't have a computer in my gall bladder.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

You ever get the feeling you might be an idiot? :smith:

double-postin because i just put my hand on my skull to help crack my neck and i press three fingers into the side of my head and THE gently caress i managed to vulcan skull pinch myself into falling out of my chair

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm not wild about Google/Alphabet's increasing insight into our lives, but at least gmail makes using a U2F FIDO really easy. I've had my phone number removed as a backup authentication for gmail for almost two years now, and just rely on 2 FIDO keys and a printed out list of one time numbers that I keep in my wallet.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

A day and a half left before the Sheep Game deadline, and so far I've heard from 45 players, including a few first-timers. Get your answers in today! (or tomorrow!)

Come on and play!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Guys, a series Landie front axle is a sensible Ebay purchase to pick up in a Fiat Panda, yeah?

It's dismantled into its constituent components

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

Guys, a series Landie front axle is a sensible Ebay purchase to pick up in a Fiat Panda, yeah?

You're fine, it'll fit.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

You're fine, it'll fit.
Of all the people to reassure me of that...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Saw 351 on the scale this morning, not feelin too good about that.

InitialDave posted:

Of all the people to reassure me of that...

he's right, i'm sure it'll fit.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Powershift posted:

Saw 351 on the scale this morning, not feelin too good about that.

Windsor, Cleveland, Boss, or M? :v:

:smith::hf::smith:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Powershift posted:

he's right, i'm sure it'll fit.
Oh, it'll fit, I'm just worried about the yelps and tearing noises.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Get your fat buddies and a bunch of lube

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

Get your fat buddies and a bunch of lube
I'm fat on my own, and have plenty of lube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

meatpimp posted:

Self host.

This is becoming nearly impossible. I’m a Pretty Smart Tech Guy and finally gave up on it after four years of randomly not getting / being able to send email. A lot of it is Google driving truly Byzantine requirements for delivering to them, with MS close on their heels.