Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have no idiot, and I must scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

2001 Idiots: Field of Screams.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
disaster movie has a disaster social media

https://twitter.com/catsmovie/status/1206731270446665728

https://twitter.com/catsmovie/status/1206738994941194240

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This reminds me of that cat cafe lady who was being a disaster on social media by role playing a cat but talking about serious topics like how poo poo her business was.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yesssss

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

GrandpaPants posted:

This reminds me of that cat cafe lady who was being a disaster on social media by role playing a cat but talking about serious topics like how poo poo her business was.

Meow. Meow. PURR!

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Lol no way I’m watching all of that

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Those videos are great. These very forums show up in the videos from time to time. Time Cube and I think Final Fantasy House.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
for a while in college i was stuck as a street performer in a no-name amusement park, basically we were "street urchin themed clowns" which is basically just Newsies in juggalo facepaint. all of us lived in the same poo poo house which had a colony of feral cats in the basement the lifers would use as a side hustle, by selling off all the kittens that would accumulate. the water didn't work so we washed in a large communal rain basin which was partially dug into the earth, heated by a firepit below.

i was the only sober person there, and after reading through Final Fantasy House, i realized what the poo poo my life was going to turn into and got myself a job down at Uncle Hickory's Dick Suckery.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dumb Marketing Moves: No Meow. Meow. PURR for Boston.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Those videos are great. These very forums show up in the videos from time to time. Time Cube and I think Final Fantasy House.

He also did videos about Chris Chan and DSP. Best thing is he treats the subject matter as seriously as his videos about historical stuff, and they are all pretty comprehensive.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

for a while in college i was stuck as a street performer in a no-name amusement park, basically we were "street urchin themed clowns" which is basically just Newsies in juggalo facepaint. all of us lived in the same poo poo house which had a colony of feral cats in the basement the lifers would use as a side hustle, by selling off all the kittens that would accumulate. the water didn't work so we washed in a large communal rain basin which was partially dug into the earth, heated by a firepit below.

i was the only sober person there, and after reading through Final Fantasy House, i realized what the poo poo my life was going to turn into and got myself a job down at Uncle Hickory's Dick Suckery.

Are you sure you aren't a character in a black and white satirical art film

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

The MSJ posted:

He also did videos about Chris Chan and DSP. Best thing is he treats the subject matter as seriously as his videos about historical stuff, and they are all pretty comprehensive.

The Temple OS one is a must-see, depressing as hell though.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Here is an ad I got on Facebook and it is the worst thing I've ever read.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm not reading all that

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mike, my extremely gay friend came running down to me.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

So she states quite clearly she doesn't have a mate in the first section, but in the last paragraph the whatever a "next generation alpha" is, is her mate, even though she's never talked to him? I'm very concerned about the internal consistency of this erotic werewolf fiction.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

tight aspirations posted:

So she states quite clearly she doesn't have a mate in the first section, but in the last paragraph the whatever a "next generation alpha" is, is her mate, even though she's never talked to him? I'm very concerned about the internal consistency of this erotic werewolf fiction.

The tingle when she touches his arm CLEARLY implies they are destined soulmates.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

Oh yeah, I read on that app. It lets people publish and monetize their serial fiction without having to deal with barriers to entry like "editing" or "novelty", came out a couple of years ago. The quality of the prose is atrocious, to the extent where I'm not sure how many of the authors are actually native English speakers. Its nominal target audience is looking for women-authored romance fiction.

A little bit after it launched, some teen made like 10 grand in a couple of weeks with a lovely Twilight fan-fic. Ever since then, the site has been descending further into madness. Pretty much their entire reader base is also publishing on the platform, so there's a massive feedback loop where everyone is ripping off everybody else's work, all of which was also ripped off. A lot of it makes no sense to outsiders, because it's assumed that all of their readers are intuitively familiar with the tropes of the genre.

Basically, it's well on its way to turning into the next Omegaverse.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Kojiro posted:

The Temple OS one is a must-see, depressing as hell though.

Yeah, that one really runs the gamut from "Weird guy" to "Obsessive guy" to "rear end in a top hat" to "Chris-chan-like Victim" to "Violently unstable rear end in a top hat" to "Oh gently caress schizophrenia's taken him over hasn't it" to "Well, gently caress."

The Cat Cafe one was a little too much reading-facebook-posts, but I guess there wasn't a whole lot else to go on.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I just saw a Coke Zero ad on youtube where the only text was 'finally a sequel that doesn't disappoint', and I'm not sure if dunking on the new star wars is a good move or a bad one, but dang

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It could be aimed at any movie of the last decade though

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Tobermory posted:

A little bit after it launched, some teen made like 10 grand in a couple of weeks with a lovely Twilight fan-fic.

oh cool the next 50 Shades is ready

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Are you sure you aren't a character in a black and white satirical art film

i'm a character in the black and white portions of infomercials

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://twitter.com/WesternHemlox/status/1207503762337648640?s=19

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CDNEnergyCentre/status/1207759139906052096

lol, Lead & Anchor's website and Facebook page have been made private.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They're still using it. Amazing. This government is such a loving joke.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think I missed where the thread title about overweight werewolves is from.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think I missed where the thread title about overweight werewolves is from.

RoboRodent posted:

Halfway up the page.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

Halfway up the page.

Ah, my eyes kinda glazed over in self-defense there.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Mine still are. I physically cannot read it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Straight up BLIT/Langford Basilisk that you can't look at for more than a second without losing your sanity.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'm still laughing at "Uncle Hickory's Dick Suckery"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's....definitely a marketing move

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ahahahahaha. I don't know why, but that word is considerably underutilized for humor. A good one

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Pick posted:

Ahahahahaha. I don't know why, but that word is considerably underutilized for humor. A good one

Nebraska isn't that funny

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Captain Hygiene posted:

You know how horror movies have the 'Final Girl'? This is the comedy genre version.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

redgubbinz posted:

I'm still laughing at "Uncle Hickory's Dick Suckery"

THANK you. i'm glad SOMEone still appreciates CRAFT.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/maccookie123/st...ingawful.com%2F

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I hear more people are going to see Cats because of the disaster that it is, than actual fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's the new Wicker Man.