Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mierenneuker posted:

This mod better have this as the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE&t=21s

Nah, it should be this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFSwIw-_-as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A literal OH MY GOD from me when it popped up

Friendship ended with Skyrim mod, now RE2make mod is my best friend

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

good animation blend glitch on the unity subreddit today

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/ed708f/task_blend_between_crawl_and_run_animation_check/

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

extremely tame by this thread's standards, but sometimes destiny 2's kill effects that send an enemy flying away and disintegrate them sort of forget to do the disintegration part, so you occasionally come across a lone body gracefully floating away forever and it's always fun to me

https://i.imgur.com/wdP0p3i.mp4

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Reddit post from that video

Lol at this capitalist snitch.
People do the whole going down with the ship bullshit on much more well established and trusted things so it is incredibly, incredibly hilarious that the myth of the rational actor keeps being proven to be a myth.

And people still give Beth money
I played the hell out of Reach when it was new and wtf is this person talking about? Sun mask? "The market"? Does the PC version have trading/new cosmetics/etc?

e. Oh never mind they're talking about Fallout, my reading comprehension sucks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

extremely tame by this thread's standards, but sometimes destiny 2's kill effects that send an enemy flying away and disintegrate them sort of forget to do the disintegration part, so you occasionally come across a lone body gracefully floating away forever and it's always fun to me

https://i.imgur.com/wdP0p3i.mp4

AKA the "I must go now, my planet needs me" glitch

https://i.imgur.com/hv6mLzb.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lmao how did I never run into those. The game's full of little entertainingly janky things, but somehow I never saw someone just quietly floating off to their eternal reward.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

haveblue posted:

I had pictured them moving way faster, it’s so much funnier this way.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

:aaaaa: is that why it happens sometimes

https://i.imgur.com/I6EhRLt.mp4

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao how did I never run into those. The game's full of little entertainingly janky things, but somehow I never saw someone just quietly floating off to their eternal reward.

It's less funny when you realize that someone who's been playing from release until now has spent roughly $200 on the game and as good as the shooting is; the rest of it's a mess. My favorite glitch is that when the new season launched, it somehow introduced an absolute ton of new glitches - so sometimes the physics just have a stroke and gravity just stops really applying to enemies, so even a small impact (like a headshot) will make them start bouncing around as if the entire world became a bouncy castle, and things as basic as the graphics menus just don't work anymore and reset every time you open the game meaning if you played on anything but full screen, maximum graphics you have to go in and tweak them every time now. After finishing a major story beat, a vendor was supposed to appear in the main hub; and his gun would show up, but he wouldn't. They fixed that last one just in time for the week to end, but the rest of the bugs are still pretty active and bungie's said nothing about fixing them. Or most, if not all, of the laundry list of bugs they were well aware of before launching the new season and warned people about on twitter.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

haveblue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crysis frog never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6AHtM8qKM

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Speaking of, Crysis physics were so good. Fondly remember maximum strength punching a turtle which rebounded at me so violently I died.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TjWfUwf1LA

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nuebot posted:

It's less funny when you realize that someone who's been playing from release until now has spent roughly $200 on the game and as good as the shooting is; the rest of it's a mess. My favorite glitch is that when the new season launched, it somehow introduced an absolute ton of new glitches - so sometimes the physics just have a stroke and gravity just stops really applying to enemies, so even a small impact (like a headshot) will make them start bouncing around as if the entire world became a bouncy castle, and things as basic as the graphics menus just don't work anymore and reset every time you open the game meaning if you played on anything but full screen, maximum graphics you have to go in and tweak them every time now. After finishing a major story beat, a vendor was supposed to appear in the main hub; and his gun would show up, but he wouldn't. They fixed that last one just in time for the week to end, but the rest of the bugs are still pretty active and bungie's said nothing about fixing them. Or most, if not all, of the laundry list of bugs they were well aware of before launching the new season and warned people about on twitter.

Fwiw, I think Saint-14 is only supposed to show up on weekends, like Xur, so it's actually the floating gun and icon that were the bug :vv:

I am more annoyed at the massive increase in cosmetic mtx that are not earnable by just playing tbh.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

zedprime posted:

Speaking of, Crysis physics were so good. Fondly remember maximum strength punching a turtle which rebounded at me so violently I died.

Are you sure you weren't playing Super Mario Brothers?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So... Fallout 76 has an exploit that allows hackers to steal directly from another players inventory. What can they steal?

loving everything. At once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xehnhq38EHk

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Joke's on them, they'll get banned soon for having too much ammo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

apparently that includes the pip boy because it's technically an inventory item

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
They don't steal from your inventory, they steal your inventory. As in, the entire thing. That's just amazing. How much worse can this game get?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Imagine being so good at stealing that you can steal the actual concept of owning things from people.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cardiovorax posted:

They don't steal from your inventory, they steal your inventory. As in, the entire thing. That's just amazing. How much worse can this game get?

Nice, it's up there VTM:B in my head now, the game where my first time playing it started with it spawning nothing in my inventory. I didn't even have the "unarmed" placeholder items, my buddy had to spawn in nothing for me to equip it, and then I could leave the tutorial area and exit first person mode.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm reminded of the Bandit King monster type in Dungeonmans (a roguelike made by goon madjackmcmad). Every monster can have champion versions that get special abilities; the Bandit King's champion ability is to disarm you and toss the weapon onto the ground nearby. But if you aren't using any weapons, he'll happily remove your fists instead (and toss them on the ground).

Fortunately you can't actually lose your fists, which lead to one fight I had where there were three copies of my fists sitting on the ground by the end.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It's not Christmas until I hear a new way Fallout 76 is broken. Makes you feel all warm inside and puts me right in the holiday mood. :3:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's also a bit like goon favourite Space Station 13. Every part of that game's UI is actually an object that is physically (well, you know what I mean) carried by your player character, due to a limitation of the game engine. As such, it is possible to drop, steal, eat or otherwise lose part of your UI and therefore also part of your own ability to interact with the world. It's entirely possible for someone to knock you out and steal your ability to stand back up, or at least it was at one point.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Fister Roboto posted:

Imagine being so good at stealing that you can steal the actual concept of owning things from people.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cardiovorax posted:

It's also a bit like goon favourite Space Station 13. Every part of that game's UI is actually an object that is physically (well, you know what I mean) carried by your player character, due to a limitation of the game engine. As such, it is possible to drop, steal, eat or otherwise lose part of your UI and therefore also part of your own ability to interact with the world. It's entirely possible for someone to knock you out and steal your ability to stand back up, or at least it was at one point.

Might've been this thread, but I think I heard a story about a guy who created something who, whenever you attempted to interact with it in any way, would make two more of itself, and eventually it like, overwrote some importan admin thing or something and rear end-hosed the server until ti got rebooted.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The funniest SS13 story I know is about that one time the admins introduced the ability for smoke to "contaminate" things with the substance it originally came from. As a side effect, it basically turned things around a burning substance into more of the substance.

So what do you think happens when someone sets a piece of cheese on fire? The Great Cheese Fire went in down in history as one of the silliest thing that ever happened to SS13. Everywhere cheese burned, more cheese popped into existence. As cheese burns hot enough to set more cheese on fire, more cheese started burning, which meant more cheese smoke.

Yeah, that particular round ended with a large portion of station turned into half-molten smoked cheese.

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

Neito posted:

Might've been this thread, but I think I heard a story about a guy who created something who, whenever you attempted to interact with it in any way, would make two more of itself, and eventually it like, overwrote some importan admin thing or something and rear end-hosed the server until ti got rebooted.

you might be thinking of the fractal sandwich, aka the crashwich, which doesn't involve the object copying itself, but does involve putting food into food many, many times over to create a sandwich with a name so long that the server breaks

even if you're not, I'm posting it

Angry Diplomat posted:

Another good example is The Crashwich.

Fractal cooking is a time-honoured tradition of SS13 Chefs. You take six food items (almost anything can be deep-fried to turn it into food), make them into a sandwich, use the sandwich to create a sandwich cake (any food can be made into a cake), slice up the cake, use six cake slices to make a sandwich, etc etc etc. This can create unholy monstrosities that lag the poo poo out of everything merely by virtue of existing, sometimes to the point of causing people to crash out as soon as the game tries to display the thing's exponential name. You will note that the Jay Wolff's buttcake I baked there cuts off after a while - its name was so drat big it overflowed the chat buffer. The buttcake is nothing. It and food like it are pitiful hors d'oeuvres compared to THE CRASHWICH.

You see, there's another life-creating mad scientist chemistry recipe in Space Station 13. It's extremely hard to discover and make, but it has the effect of imbuing any object it touches with life. This creates, for instance, a Living Crowbar that floats around and attacks people. At some point a Chef got the brilliant (terrible) idea to combine the living object recipe with fractal cooking.

Enter The Crashwich. Every time this haunted apocalypse of culinary hubris attacked someone, the game reported its name multiple times. When it charged, when it slammed into someone, and every time it hit them, the chat buffer would once again overflow with infinite recursive fractal sandwich. The entire station was brought to its knees by crippling lag, while anyone unfortunate enough to be present for The Crashwich's rampage would immediately crash out and have to reconnect their client, usually to find themselves dead and/or immediately crash out again because The Crashwich was still wreaking havoc.

The admins rushed to intervene, but were alarmed to find that The Crashwich was creating so much lag that most admins who looked at it were reliably crashing. Those with good enough connections to brute-force through all the lag were shocked to discover that the sheer latency generated by the demon sandwich was causing their admin commands to get lost somewhere in the coding nightmare that is Byond. The admins were trying to delete The Crashwich and failing. Ultimately, their efforts were in vain, and the server went down completely. The admins fought The Crashwich and The Crashwich won.

The admins were apparently so impressed that they collectively decided not to ban the responsible party, but instead to deliver a friendly ultimatum: they would not be punished for causing the server to go down in flames, as long as they never created another Crashwich. NEVER AGAIN.

:allears: what a beautiful game

(also there's a couple more stories in that post and a few more a couple of posts down the thread from there)

dreamin of semen has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Dec 23, 2019

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I was, in fact, thinking of the fractal sandwich.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Space Station 13 is one of the greatest games ever made and I say that as a person who has never played it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

Space Station 13 is one of the greatest games ever made and I say that as a person who has never played it.

It's definitely at the apex of games I like to read about but cannot imagine actually playing.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
There's also the foam grenade that would never stop burning and expanded forever, I think(?)

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
Going back to the Fallout 76 bug, I think someone in Space Station 13 did manage to take another person’s right hand inventory space. I don’t mean what was in their right hand, but the space that held what was in their right hand.

I think they even deep fried it and tried to eat it, causing the game to crash.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Coolguye posted:

I wish I could find the screencaps on the wiki of the time Pope went absolutely loving apeshit on Chemistry. He murdered all the Chemists, and deleted everything that could potentially be used to do chemistry, even in the kitchen. He sent announcements at each step in this process, getting more and more furious each time someone found some other way to do chemistry on the station. Dozens of people asked "what did the chemists do???" over and over again.

And the next CentCom announcement simply stated: 'THEY EXISTED.'

PopeCrunch posted:

I couldn't figure out how you goatfuckers STILL managed to be terrorists with potato chips and water. YOU FOUND A WAY. I had two coders on IRC combing through reactions trying to figure out exactly how you motherless fucks were managing to make potato chips and water into explosives, and they had no loving idea. It shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't have been possible. I fear for the safety of the world if the people who managed to find a way to do murders with mother loving potato chips and goddamned water ever get recruited by a real world terrorist organization. The headlines the next day will read something like WE'RE ALL hosed: SOME NERD KILLS 3/4 OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION WITH A USED BANDAID AND THE SQUEAKER FROM A DOG TOY. THIS SECURITY PHOTO SHOWS THE SUSPECT PURCHASING A STICK OF GUM. DOES HE WANT FRESH BREATH, OR IS HE FINISHING THE JOB? OUR ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE IT COMING. FILM AT 11 IF WE'RE LUCKY. OR UNLUCKY. gently caress IT. WHATEVER. -(AP)

IIRC the chips were a red herring. It was just water.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

dreamin of semen posted:

you might be thinking of the fractal sandwich, aka the crashwich, which doesn't involve the object copying itself, but does involve putting food into food many, many times over to create a sandwich with a name so long that the server breaks

even if you're not, I'm posting it

:allears: what a beautiful game

(also there's a couple more stories in that post and a few more a couple of posts down the thread from there)

I love that someone took my incomplete code, and unleashed it on the world without wondering why it hadn't been put out there yet.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Object oriented programming but you can bodily pick up the object to access it's private space.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

IIRC the chips were a red herring. It was just water.
As I remember hearing it, yes. The actual method involved repeatedly splitting water between two containers until you had an extremely small amount of water, which meant it got very hot when heat was applied since the heat was trying to heat up a few molecules of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

zedprime posted:

Object oriented programming but you can bodily pick up the object to access it's private space.

i think there are a few games like that

some of them even on purpose!