Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fallom posted:

Games finally started including a rolling set of four+ different saves and I feel vindicated

The Witcher 3 does this so I’m a little confused as to how they all broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Weedle posted:

The Witcher 3 does this so I’m a little confused as to how they all broke.

I have one (1) autosave and my manual save, neither load.

I'm currently redownloading from the eshop in case it's a game thing instead of a save thing and if that doesn't work then I quit. Guess I'll find out in the morning!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Windjammers is $6 (60% off) and Into The Breach is $7.50 (50%)

If I you own Banner Saga 1+2, 3 is like permanently 60% off.

You guys, Windjammers is on sale

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What’s Windjammers like? I never played it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hero character Air Hockey

Weedle
May 31, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have one (1) autosave and my manual save, neither load.

I'm currently redownloading from the eshop in case it's a game thing instead of a save thing and if that doesn't work then I quit. Guess I'll find out in the morning!

That’s really weird. I have an autosave and three checkpoint saves. It might actually be a game thing because I’ve put almost 80 hours into it and it’s been far more stable to me than what you describe. I hope that’s the case anyway, because The Witcher 3 rules and I would hate to see some lovely bug ruin it for someone.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I finished the Return of the Obra Dinn in one shot on a super long plane ride and loved it. I did get a tad frustrated at the end because several of the seamen seemed interchangeable and I was just racially stereotyping a lot of the time.

Is there actually a way to beat the game without doing a decent amount of guess and check?

A+ for theme, I just wish there was one extra scene or maybe some character development for more of the dudes.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

RandomFerret posted:

I have one level left in King of Cards, and I don't want to play it because I just don't want to see it end. This is my switch game of the year and I can't believe it was free dlc.

Yeah it's extremely good. Now do all the feats and challenges for all four campaigns, and play all the Shovel Knight Showdown story modes!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ve only played the main Shovel Knight campaign. I’m excited to finally play the others soon.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

space uncle posted:

I finished the Return of the Obra Dinn in one shot on a super long plane ride and loved it. I did get a tad frustrated at the end because several of the seamen seemed interchangeable and I was just racially stereotyping a lot of the time.

Is there actually a way to beat the game without doing a decent amount of guess and check?

A+ for theme, I just wish there was one extra scene or maybe some character development for more of the dudes.
there is, yes

notably the scenes involving the hammocks have a ton of information in them, down to stuff like different socks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is the controls in Shovel Knight Showdown just attack, block, and item? It feels like the opponents are doing a lot more moves than that

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I got through Celeste Chapter 5 and 6 B-Sides today. 5 was strangely easy, maybe the easiest of all the B-Sides so far. And 6 was definitely the hardest. I’m a bit scared of 7 and downright terrified of 8.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Your Computer posted:

there is, yes

notably the scenes involving the hammocks have a ton of information in them, down to stuff like different socks.

Ah I didn’t notice that. I did use the hammock scenes for the numbered bunks . I also never found convincing information to identify the gunner’s mate and purser , so I just swapped the two of them back and forth until they clicked.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

space uncle posted:

Ah I didn’t notice that. I did use the hammock scenes for the numbered bunks . I also never found convincing information to identify the gunner’s mate and purser , so I just swapped the two of them back and forth until they clicked.

during the soldiers of the sea chapter you can see the gunner and gunner’s mate handing out guns while the purser has locked himself in his office.

lots of information to be gained from where a person can be seen, what they're doing and who they hang out with!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Three and-a-half years old or not, VA-11 Hall-A is straight up my GOTY for 2019.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I give up, what legal move does the game see that I can't?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

KUUKIYOMI: Consider It! is a pretty cool Warioware clone.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
You should be able to push the lickitung thing on the left down with your ninja guy, because the double arrow of the frog will count towards pushing. But also you'll lose when you do that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Argue posted:

You should be able to push the lickitung thing on the left down with your ninja guy, because the double arrow of the frog will count towards pushing. But also you'll lose when you do that.

I already accepted my defeat, I just wanted to get it over with. Thanks

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I just started Return of the Obra Dinn today and only played for a little bit. I don’t want to look anything up cuz spoilers, but can someone explain what is happening when my stopwatch thing starts shaking and a ghostly light comes out of it and flies around and I can’t do anything for a minute?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

History Comes Inside! posted:

It fell over on me a couple of times while running around doing stuff and dumped me back to the home screen, after the latest event it now just crashes again while loading the save.

You been playing any other games that're stored on the SD card lately?

The one time I had stuff like that happen to me it was because the SD card was failing.

According to the year-end stats Witcher 3 is my most played game and I think I've had it crash on me all of once.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

dantheman650 posted:

I got through Celeste Chapter 5 and 6 B-Sides today. 5 was strangely easy, maybe the easiest of all the B-Sides so far. And 6 was definitely the hardest. I’m a bit scared of 7 and downright terrified of 8.

One of the quirks of the system of per-chapter mechanics is that depending on your own skillset and play mentality certain things can just be way too hard or easy for the methods you use to go about them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kevyn posted:

I just started Return of the Obra Dinn today and only played for a little bit. I don’t want to look anything up cuz spoilers, but can someone explain what is happening when my stopwatch thing starts shaking and a ghostly light comes out of it and flies around and I can’t do anything for a minute?
it's showing you the location of a new body. A lot of scenes are connected this way - after you wrap up one scene it takes you to the next (well, chronologically previous) scene.

you don't need to jump into the new memory straight away however. I've seen a lot of people stressed out that the game is taking them from scene to scene to scene without getting the time to fully analyze the one they're currently in, but you can just let the light fly around and reveal the new corpse and go back to investigating before moving on. The new body will be there on the ship permanently once it's revealed. It's just the game's way of not overloading you with information immediately :v: That's also why it's a good idea to make sure you got as much info as you could from your current memory before moving on though, because eventually the ship will be full of bodies and it'll be harder to remember which ones you've fully explored.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 22, 2019

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

I give up, what legal move does the game see that I can't?

I wish i could help but im just curious what game that is?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Kvlt! posted:

Hearthstone

Just like every other switch port they had to completely shrink the resolution to get it to run

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone here try out VA-11 Hall-A ?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

It's Joustus, the minigame from the new Shovel Knight campaign.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone here try out VA-11 Hall-A ?

I played it a year ago and I enjoyed it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're following along the QubicGames free game chain, this should go free in about 15 minutes.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rekt-high-octane-stunts-switch/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rocket Pan posted:

Pimping my own games, Turok & Turok 2 are both on sale for 7 bux on Switch EShop.

you worked on Turoks? they are some of my all time faves. the music in them has aged very well indeed

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dehry posted:

If you're following along the QubicGames free game chain, this should go free in about 15 minutes.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rekt-high-octane-stunts-switch/

The top 7 games on the best-sellers list are these dudes' shovelware lmao

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rocket Pan posted:

Pimping my own games, Turok & Turok 2 are both on sale for 7 bux on Switch EShop.

And bought! Was waiting for the sale, thanks for the heads up

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Tayter Swift posted:

The top 7 games on the best-sellers list are these dudes' shovelware lmao

Im always amazed the times I've read about how apparently garbo in general on the eshop (or maybe other console's platforms stores too or that's how it was at a time I cant remember entirely -- basically non pc non steam outlets) gets bought and make money

despite the relatively awful discoverability of things and all that I guess enough kids plunking down dollars at a time for something they somehow found adds up :shrug:

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

alf_pogs posted:

you worked on Turoks? they are some of my all time faves. the music in them has aged very well indeed

Ye. I mostly did the boring console code and the multiplayer for Turok2. (The Nightdive ports, if that isn't clear.)

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I wonder why turok 2 isnt available in New Zealand. That's not fair

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Ugh, there needs to be an option to turn off the bezel art on NES/SNES games. It didn't bother me at first but I'm currently playing Kirby Super Star at night with all the lights off and it's really distracting.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Not a Children posted:

I'm seeing the Taiko game is on sale. Is it worth it at that price? Are there any 3rd party drums that are worthwhile, since it looks like the official one is $100?

I’m curious too, or how it is with motion/button controls. I imagine motion is okay initially but unplayable at higher difficulties and button is easier technically but less engaging...but, despite that are they still fun?
Will I have a good time if I don’t get the rich mans e-drum

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rocket Pan posted:

Ye. I mostly did the boring console code and the multiplayer for Turok2. (The Nightdive ports, if that isn't clear.)

Loved both those games. Can you tell us what you guys are porting next or are you under an NDA?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hat Thoughts posted:

I’m curious too, or how it is with motion/button controls. I imagine motion is okay initially but unplayable at higher difficulties and button is easier technically but less engaging...but, despite that are they still fun?
Will I have a good time if I don’t get the rich mans e-drum

Taiko is fun. The motion is... okay. I like it, but it doesn't usually register what I want, so it's a bit of a novelty. It's enjoyable, despite the flaws.

It also has touchscreen mode, which is probably my favorite way to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Weedle posted:

That’s really weird. I have an autosave and three checkpoint saves. It might actually be a game thing because I’ve put almost 80 hours into it and it’s been far more stable to me than what you describe. I hope that’s the case anyway, because The Witcher 3 rules and I would hate to see some lovely bug ruin it for someone.

I checked this morning and now I have a whole host of saves and they all seem to load, so crisis averted I guess.

Gonna backup everything and test the microSD before I get back into it just in case it's a dud card.