Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level

tactlessbastard posted:

I was behind a suburban from that era this morning that was leaking fuel every time he accelerated. I assume it didn't change the gas milage very much.

What a coincidence, mine's down right now because the fuel tank halves started leaking! Also what's a gallon or two lost out of a 40gallon tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's fine, it's just fine

*grabs ice-pick, paint scraper & wet-vac*

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

*grabs ice-pick, paint scraper & wet-vac*

ScraperofVette

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Beach Bum posted:

ScraperofVette

I suggested FeederofWorms several years ago

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dagen H posted:

I suggested FeederofWorms several years ago

Oh come on, he's old but not dead yet.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Dagen H posted:

FeederofWorms
The Worms theme would probably mashup quite well into Just A Day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
SCUBA tank repurposed to an LPG tank failure?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wow. That was super explodey.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lmao they use fiberglass tanks for waste water on airplanes but I'm pretty sure they aren’t pressurized

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
LPG intalls always make me twitch. Even aside from the visible I-used-copper-plumbing-pipe-for-this poo poo, just the inherent nature of them is something that's for people trying to run a car they can't really afford, which obviously always ends brilliantly.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao they use fiberglass tanks for waste water on airplanes but I'm pretty sure they aren’t pressurized

Fiberglass tanks are standard use on most SCBA tanks in the US. Those suckers are 4500psi. LPG is 320 psi at room temp, though I'd rate them for 200°F at least.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

um excuse me posted:

Fiberglass tanks are standard use on most SCBA tanks in the US. Those suckers are 4500psi. LPG is 320 psi at room temp, though I'd rate them for 200°F at least.

I think that's probably Compressed Natural Gas, not Liquified Propane Gas that gets used for car engines, CNG has MUCH higher pressures, and can't be liquified at room temperature.

They should also have a relief valve integral to the valve assembly, I'm sure that was removed/defeated though.

I don't think they're rated for extreme cold though, and that pic looks like Russia in winter so it's also possible that the tank has a flaw, and passed below its Reference Transition Temperature, which could have lowered the strength of the steel tank liner by an order of magnitude, and caused it to rapidly and catastrophically fail by a mechanism known as Brittle Fracture.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 22, 2019

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

There's a lot to unpack in that picture.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

How does the butt connector act as a fuse?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

namlosh posted:

How does the butt connector act as a fuse?

It's basically just a way-too-high rated fuse for that circuit.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's for a Cat5 circuit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
loving how?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Someone got tired of someone taking a baseball bat to their mailbox (disguised as a street light), and filled it with concrete and rebar. :colbert:

I see the audio/visual alert is working well.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

lol, I bet that was a hell of a ride to make it into that pole sideways at speed

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

So, I went back and forth on which thread this belongs in for quite some time, but the tribal flames pushed it over the edge.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrYenko posted:

So, I went back and forth on which thread this belongs in for quite some time, but the tribal flames pushed it over the edge.

d.......don't go into the awesome AI car poo poo thread :ssh:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

d.......don't go into the awesome AI car poo poo thread :ssh:

No tribal flames on those. :colbert:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Godholio posted:

It's basically just a way-too-high rated fuse for that circuit.

My bad for not being clear... I get that part. It’s just that they are insulated on the outside and it didn’t look like there was a path at all for any electricity to flow between the posts

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

namlosh posted:

My bad for not being clear... I get that part. It’s just that they are insulated on the outside and it didn’t look like there was a path at all for any electricity to flow between the posts

With enough voltage anything can be a conductor :colbert:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Another "It came from imgur"... a HMF in progress

Literally :suspense:

Like dude you could have cribbed it with wood and it would have been okay but instead he goes full-on :tif:

Edit: Reading through the comments apparently he made a form and filled it with concrete. Booooo

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 23, 2019

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Maybe it's the angle but that looks like barely enough space for two cars.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Almost every steel framed building has columns like that.

On larger bolts, with packed non shrink grout under the base.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

StormDrain posted:

Almost every steel framed building has columns like that.

On larger bolts, with packed non shrink grout under the base.

Heh, this made me look up an update on how the Millennium Tower in SF was going.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nOPvXiIWQ

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

I'm the red/white streamer.
:toot:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Beach Bum posted:

Like dude you could have cribbed it with wood and it would have been okay but instead he goes full-on :tif:

Edit: Reading through the comments apparently he made a form and filled it with concrete. Booooo
I really like how he epoxied the concrete on the sides of the garage wall. That looks pretty good. Really curious how they got the chips so evenly spread though.

are those .22 LR? How the gently caress is the casing the weak point there? I can pull that bullet out pretty easily. I'm surprised it just didn't blow the casing off.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

are those .22 LR? How the gently caress is the casing the weak point there? I can pull that bullet out pretty easily. I'm surprised it just didn't blow the casing off.

Cases are just thin brass. When in the rifle, it’s supported by the steel receiver, and can’t expand or fail. Just a little bit of pressure (the clip, in this case) on the bullet means the gas will find a new way out instead of separating the case and bullet.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

sharkytm posted:

I'm the red/white streamer.
:toot:

I'm the massive amount of dirt that is ejected from the undercarriage.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Beach Bum posted:

What type of concrete did he use? Could still fail spectacularly.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I was wondering this, too.

Pictured over-watered Sackcrete poured into a Tupperware bowl, wrapped in duct tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I really like how he epoxied the concrete on the sides of the garage wall. That looks pretty good. Really curious how they got the chips so evenly spread though.

The proportions are way off for .22 LR.

Could be .22 WMR.