Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

Breakfast Club is also one of the big Chicago-filmed John Hughes movies that all have no Black main characters. I think the only major non-white character in any of those is a racist Asian stereotype. They were all filmed in some very rich suburbs too.

I can't fully explain my thought process but this post is really making me wonder what a John carpenter directed teen sex movie would look like

I think maybe I've had too many beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1208776137171587072

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

I can't fully explain my thought process but this post is really making me wonder what a John carpenter directed teen sex movie would look like

Halloween

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hmmm...yeah that checks out

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hauntedween imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

now that I have some money to burn I'm seriously tempted to go to a Star Wars matinee. it's the most sinful urge I've had in a decade.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

now that I have some money to burn I'm seriously tempted to go to a Star Wars matinee. it's the most sinful urge I've had in a decade.

see CATS instead.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

see CATS instead.

i saw star wars and it succeeds at its goal of being as inoffensive to everyone possible. so it's not even fun to be angry at.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mandatory lesbian posted:

I think maybe I've had too many beers

would probly be something like The Faculty but without all the Hilfiger branding, I'd watch it

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I watched the first episode of The Witcher last night. I was totally lost, but I smoked before watching so I dunno, maybe it was me. Why didn't they just make it a monster-of-week deal like the books, where he hunts down the monster and then chills with the monster for a bit before killing some corrupt villagers

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The first episode isn't exactly easy to follow. It gets a lot better by the 3rd episode after they've gotten over the hurdle of introducing all the characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUST_IQYp-o

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Dec 22, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1208825967491395584?s=21

Serf
May 5, 2011

rise of skywalker has achieved at least one thing. it made the force awakens no longer the worst star wars movie

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

just take up smoking actual cigarettes if you've got that much loose cash and a serious desire to hurt yourself

i had no interest in seeing CATS until i saw everyone reviewing how insanity-inducing wrong it was and now i want to see it even if it's a bad movie because at least it'll be a bizarre bad movie

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
apparently CATS doesn't just have hideous Cat People. it also has Cockroach and Rat people.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Serf posted:

rise of skywalker has achieved at least one thing. it made the force awakens no longer the worst star wars movie

it accomplished reintroducing incest to the franchise

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

episode 6 of the mandalorian was p tight, ya the series isn't groundbreaking except for the cuteness level of baby yoda but it's competently made entertainment that gets the job done

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uber_stoat posted:

apparently CATS doesn't just have hideous Cat People. it also has Cockroach and Rat people.

That’s sick

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1208942473759928320?s=21

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lucas loves cheesy schlock and it is the best thing about him

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/SketchesbyBoze/status/1208486039880380418

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Cats is the movie equivalent of a youtube video where a guy takes an old dryer into a field, gets it running at max speed, and then tosses a brick inside of it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hmmm were there Wizarding schools in the Soviet Union

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

internet says maybe?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
god help us

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSwartz/status/1208581775502516224

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

idk guys I think I’m going to see knives out

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's pretty good

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Let's see, apparently the first year is in 1991 so the Soviet Union dissolved halfway through the first book. Drumstrang was the evil swarthy Easterner school so they were probably mostly soviet citizens. Nobody noticed I guess.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Skellybones posted:

Let's see, apparently the first year is in 1991 so the Soviet Union dissolved halfway through the first book. Drumstrang was the evil swarthy Easterner school so they were probably mostly soviet citizens. Nobody noticed I guess.

wrong! durmstrang is from northern scandinavia. you can blame the swedes for the evil school.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is the first 20 seconds of the captain’s log from Event Horizon

Also what Rick and Jerry saw when they looked into that cat's mind.

https://youtu.be/QBPqH6y0TQo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

wow, a rare shot of judy before she was enrfed in the day 1 patch

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I am almost caught up on all the new Star Wars crap, missing only the Solo thing and the new thing. So far Rogue One is my favorite because by the end all the characters I have grown to hate are killed on screen. Good payoff.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Rogue One is the only new star war I have a desire to see again

coathat
May 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Uncut gems

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Knives Out is the best time I've had at the theater since The Lighthouse and it was arguably a better time. Lighthouse was good, but Knives Out got the whole *jazz hands*hollywood*jazz hands* razzmatazz thing down pat.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Uncut Gems is a bit moralizing but otherwise enjoyable thriller about the dangers of commodity fetishism

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I haven't watched a star war since the bad one about Anakin Podracer getting his toggle switch set to EVIL

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
someone in my local buy nothing group is unloading a bunch of VHS tapes and one of them is a basketball movie called

SOUL IN THE HOLE

naturally I am taking that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

so I am sick as a bastard and my wife works for a university so we are both off right now and I was thinking of renting some noir movies. Would Bad Day At Black Rock be a good pairing for Double Indemnity?