Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I really hate his face

I don't know if I've ever hated someone like this, not even Cheney or Gonzales

He's just... around, all the time, you can't ever escape him, he's an awful human being you cannot escape, you cannot escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I maintain that if trump can limp to Election Day with >40% approval then get psyched for 4 more years

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Grondoth posted:

I really hate his face

He's just... around, all the time, you can't ever escape him, he's an awful human being you cannot escape, you cannot escape

turn off your monitor

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/KimberlyforIowa/status/1208850056159354880

iowa is a state that had a MASSIVE swing from voting for obama to voting for trump. kimberly owns and it would be super cool if the Good Dems could take over that state!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

the man wagged his finger madly, as though he could not control it. he kept shouting numbers and percents while the crowd nodded, transfixed by this maniac who'd brought us here, drawing us slowly in to his insanity, the terror of our world as it is engulfed in fire.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Nonsense posted:

lol a billionaire from petes wine cave wrote a wapo article claiming it was a humble abode with very middle class intentions and he himself only paid $11 due to legal restrictions for those who have already donated the maximum so

holy poo poo lmao

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/21/about-that-wine-cave-dinner-i-was-there/

quote:

Opinion | About Pete Buttigieg’s wine cave dinner? I was there.
By Bill Wehrle

Bill Wehrle is a vice president of a health-care company and lives in San Francisco.

The location for the event was the Hall winery near St. Helena, Calif. Yes, it’s a beautiful place, and, yes, that chandelier over the table was kind of remarkable. The whole scene that evening left me and my partner slack-jawed.

Our host was the celebrated and pioneering female winemaker Kathryn Hall and her husband, Craig. She served as ambassador to Austria under Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Hall is wealthy and has a beautiful home, and she chooses to use both to advance candidates and causes she believes in.

Anyway, who else was there? Well, I mentioned my partner. He’s a professor at a community college in the Bay Area. There was also a dean from another local community college system.

We sat next to a former flight attendant and a local city councilwoman. I’m confident neither are billionaires, and before that night, I’d bet none of us had ever met one. In the Los Angeles debate Thursday night, and after, I heard Sen. Elizabeth Warren ask darkly what the “closed-door” dinner conversation among us “billionaires” was about.

Allow me to lift the veil. South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg took questions for about an hour before departing (from what I could see, without so much as a sip of the prized wine). A physician asked what the mayor would do to expand access to primary care for the uninsured. A woman across the table asked what he would do to extract us from seemingly endless military entanglements in Afghanistan and elsewhere. The college dean wanted to hear more about the mayor’s plans for higher education, including to reduce dropout rates. There was a question about the crisis of climate change.

A young college student from Georgetown attended with her father. She described the experience of seeing guards posted in response to anti-Semitic threats on campus and asked what the candidate would do to combat hate speech in America. An Asian American man spoke of experiencing prejudice in our country and asked what the mayor would do to restore civility in our politics.

Of the roughly 50 folks in attendance, plenty were people of means, and certainly all of us who were able to go to an event like that should consider ourselves lucky. (For the record, I am neither a billionaire nor a millionaire. Oh, how I wish.)

But the whole experience fell well short of proving Warren’s suggestion that “billionaires in wine caves" will “pick the next president.” Nor is it an example of “corruption” — a word some Democratic candidates use far too casually to describe political and policy opponents in either their or the other party. Let’s save that term for folks who plainly belong in a jail cell and those who’ve taken up residence in one already.

Warren’s most damaging suggestion doesn’t really stand up if you check it out. She suggested in the debate that we were drinking $900 bottles of wine. Perhaps no one will care, but out of respect for pesky facts, allow me to report: That didn’t really happen, either. The wine, a 2016 cabernet, is the host couple’s signature bottle and it was very good. But it is available online for $185 per bottle — far more than I’ve ever paid in my life for a bottle of wine, but not unusual for wine collector enthusiasts. (I know a few; I wish I knew more.) Checking the price point isn’t hard to do.

Speaking of price, my bet is that you probably want to know: How much did it cost for me to go?

To attend the dinner, donors were asked to “max out” — to contribute the maximum allowed by law to a primary candidate. I made my first contribution to Mayor Pete back in May at a San Francisco fundraiser that was attended by close to 1,000 people. I’ve made additional contributions since, including buying a bumper sticker from his campaign shop. (It’s not every day in America that a gay man has a realistic chance of becoming president, so yes, my partner and I probably qualify as enthusiastic.) All of these contributions count toward the individual limit of $2,800.

So, exactly how much more did it cost to attend that infamous wine cave dinner? In my case, the answer is $11.

Surely Democrats can find more important things to debate in the United States of America at this dark hour.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bill-wehrle-6bb273a

quote:

Bill Wehrle
Vice President, Health Insurance Exchanges at Kaiser Permanente
San Francisco, California

Experience

Kaiser Permanente
- Vice President, Health Insurance Exchanges
- Mar 2012 – Present (7 years 10 months)

Kaiser Permanente
- Senior Legislative Representative
- Mar 2011 – Mar 2012 (1 year 1 month)

California Associaton of Health Plans
- Vice President, Legislative Affairs
- 2000 – 2005 (5 years)

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Grondoth posted:

I really hate his face

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

mandatory lesbian posted:

His mouth moves but no words come out, there is no meaning in the random utterances his mouth vomits out

He has no beliefs, no values, he is little more then a parrot practicing the pretty sounds he hears others make

Buh?

Dec 26, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Grondoth posted:

I really hate his face

his smug face is one of the better things about him

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:smugdon:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Im really really drunk and I hate the buttman for making me, a guy who occasionally fucks guys, look bad

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

I really hate his face

this is the opposite lesson to take away especially with reference to any bush official lmao

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Office Pig posted:

this is the opposite lesson to take away especially with reference to any bush official lmao

I know

But he sucks so much man

Dec 26, 2012

Office Pig posted:

it makes sense on a visceral-reaction level because he's so inescapable. obviously pretty much any bush official is more objectively evil

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

The Nastier Nate posted:

I maintain that if trump can limp to Election Day with >40% approval then get psyched for 4 more years

It's Bernie or Trump, but you all know that

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

$900 wine is very normal easy to buy thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nonsense posted:

$900 wine is very normal easy to buy thing

Excuse me, it was only 126 dollars, way easier for the average man to obtain

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is this a Star Trek thing?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Navigators' Guild wants someone who will keep the spice flowing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

a.lo posted:

Is this a Star Trek thing?

Lwaxana Troi is absolutely an Agent Pete voter

Dec 26, 2012

i mean, the guy who's incapable of empathy might need them

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Grondoth posted:

I really hate his face

:smugdon::ice:                   :words:   :ohdearsass:

:choco:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why not just run as moderate Republicans
Republicans don't vote for moderates, dems do
Don't make me horny.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

It's Bernie or Trump, but you all know that

Trump is more entertaining than any of the succ dems who would inevitably continue the destruction of America so Bernie or Bust motherfuckers.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Buttigieg never played a Final Fantasy. He's one of those guys that if you ask him he'll say he played "Mario" once and he'll pronounce it "Mare-ee-oh" and he's one of those guys that would swing his arms to try to make Mario jump farther and would fall into the pit anyway and then stopped playing after 5 minutes and never touched a video game again.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I just watched the night news in the portuguese public broadcaster and the themes chosen by the resident commentators were the twin dangers of the left winnning the us democratic primary and the possible hijacking of the struggle against climate-change by anti-capitalist forces.
Love to have dipshits everywhere feeling mad and threatened by Bernie Sanders.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Elephant Ambush posted:

Buttigieg never played a Final Fantasy. He's one of those guys that if you ask him he'll say he played "Mario" once and he'll pronounce it "Mare-ee-oh" and he's one of those guys that would swing his arms to try to make Mario jump farther and would fall into the pit anyway and then stopped playing after 5 minutes and never touched a video game again.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Gringostar posted:

is it bad that i thought for a minute this was a getfiscal tweet

:same:

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Dunkey lost some weight here

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

I just watched the night news in the portuguese public broadcaster and the themes chosen by the resident commentators were the twin dangers of the left winnning the us democratic primary and the possible hijacking of the struggle against climate-change by anti-capitalist forces.

capital is gonna have a loving fit. the media's "anti-trump bias" is going to pale in comparison to what they unleash on pres bernard

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

The center and the right don't actually have a solution to climate change that is compatible with continued human civilization

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Look if you don't put a bunch of good hot sauce on your grits and then eggs upon that then you are missing out.

I'm a chili head but a good hot sauce is wasted on grits

eggs are an almost perfect delivery medium tho

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This guy is definitely going to try and shoot one of the other candidates.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I’m an eighth level empath demon on our whedonverse tabletop rpg campaign

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This guy is definitely going to try and shoot one of the other candidates.

how dare you slander the first successful clone of michael stipe like that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m an eighth level empath demon on our whedonverse tabletop rpg campaign

greetings

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

oh i didn't know ehf keeps his bad food opinions sequestered to this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit