Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
There are now a grand total of 90 CRTX shares available to borrow on IBKR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Agronox posted:

There are now a grand total of 90 CRTX shares available to borrow on IBKR.

I'll lend mine for a high price mister.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Can someone tell me what the hell is going on with SPY/QQQ and why the prices are skyrocketing so high over such a short period of time?

I bought a few 12/30 $323 SPY calls when SPY was $315 and these are legitimately about to start having intrinsic value instead of extrinsic and I have no idea why

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Bonds are worthless for yield and there's nowhere else for the money to go.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Numbers go up. Stock buybacks are improving market performance, and this:

Artonos posted:

Bonds are worthless for yield and there's nowhere else for the money to go.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/buybacks-are-the-dominant-source-of-stock-market-demand-and-they-are-fading-fast-goldman-sachs-2019-11-06

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
More buyers than sellers op.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Umbreon posted:

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on with SPY/QQQ and why the prices are skyrocketing so high over such a short period of time?

I bought a few 12/30 $323 SPY calls when SPY was $315 and these are legitimately about to start having intrinsic value instead of extrinsic and I have no idea why

Confluence of risk-on events (hard Brexit probably averted, Trump caving on trade war, constant liquidity injection via Fed repo operations**, regular old seasonality) causing call sellers to roll up and out, which is hedged through buying futures.

**This may not actually be risk-on, but many asset managers are treating it as such

single-mode fiber fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 21, 2019

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Good to see a new thread darling

I still miss the MadCatz dayz lmao

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

paternity suitor posted:

Good to see a new thread darling

I still miss the MadCatz dayz lmao

drat I remember that, that was one of my first forays into active trading

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
No volume underdog SOLY just got CNBC attention. Dont miss the boat boys, the pump is beginning

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/20/soliton-plans-to-make-a-fortune-off-millennials-who-regret-tattoos.html

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 22, 2019

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

No options? No thanks

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

DoubleT2172 posted:

No options? No thanks

Just use margin as leverage ya weenie. The fact that there are no options is why this is a compelling play.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Between SOLY, CRTX, and ITCI I'm doing my best not to blow all my play money on biotech stocks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ee663x/intracellular_itci_to_the_dirt_people_ignore_the

Although the tiny bit of CRTX I bought is already up like 30% so I wish I had gone all in.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
SOLY isn't a biotech lol. ITCI looks like a complete failure to me, I'd be real careful

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 22, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

greasyhands posted:

SOLY isn't a biotech lol. ITCI looks like a complete failure to me, I'd be real careful

I guess I'm clumping medical devices/cosmetic surgery stuff in with biotech. How do medical device companies typically work?

I've seen the Daily Show style reports on how ridiculously easy FDA approval is for some medical devices...

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Yes FDA approval 501(k) (it just means it's not wildly unsafe, not necessarily that it's effective) doesn't mean a whole lot for these, but it appears to be a good product and cosmetic medical devices are big business. The last company some of the board members were involved in sold for $2bil to Allergan

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have no idea what people on the device side are doing.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 23, 2019

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

greasyhands posted:

No volume underdog SOLY just got CNBC attention. Dont miss the boat boys, the pump is beginning

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/20/soliton-plans-to-make-a-fortune-off-millennials-who-regret-tattoos.html

I'm in for a little on the open. Hope I don't regret it as badly as my spongebob sleeve tattoos

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The CRTX gods giveth and they taketh

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TSLA 420 confirmed?

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
ITCI, congrats again geez

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
If anyone had any other complete failure stock tips DM me

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

greasyhands posted:

ITCI, congrats again geez
Could’ve gotten in at 25 this morning at 9:50 :argh:

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
So the reason a pharma stock pops huge on approval is usually down to the perceived chance of it's drug getting FDA approval. ITCI didn't look like it was going to get approved because it showed way less efficacy vs risperidone and in fact less efficacy than even some of the old line treatments. Kind of seems like the FDA will approve just about anything these days if a company can cajole the data to show even a tiny improvement across a small sample size. These small sample size trials were a 'redo' of trials from 2016 where the drug failed to separate from placebo. They managed to get it to barely separate after trying some more and got approved...

Like I said, congrats on ITCI but it popped like this because there was an enormous amount of risk and fairly high expectations of either a delay or an outright failure. The drug itself is kind of garbage. Play 10 ITCIs and you will lose money overall. Be careful out there!

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 23, 2019

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Man VXX is jus sitting at 15 like a flat cat.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/23/boeing-stock-halted-pending-news-company-battles-fallout-737-max-crisis.html

:rip: BA up 3%

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I'm beginning to think that it is impossible for the Boeing stock to greater. Only their planes do that. :rimshot:

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Poor bagholding CEO and his 10s of millions in severance. What a statement

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Josh Lyman posted:

Do they though?!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

It's a dip for all the people that got out to get back in!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
nice

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:nice:

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

drat

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Let's see VIX get to 8, let's have the most complacent market in history

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Got into SOLY at 11.50 and 11.41. Waiting for the fun to start.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you're selling your CRTX below $3,600 a share you're a wild man

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Bought some AMD and SOLY, interested to see how they will do. I don't see a lot of talk about ETF's in this thread. I only recently started trading but 75% of my portfolio is ETF now.

Question for the euro's here, how are you handling trading on foreign markets like NASDAQ with regards to extra taxes and whatnot, anything you're mindful about?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

John F Bennett posted:

Bought some AMD and SOLY, interested to see how they will do. I don't see a lot of talk about ETF's in this thread. I only recently started trading but 75% of my portfolio is ETF now.

Question for the euro's here, how are you handling trading on foreign markets like NASDAQ with regards to extra taxes and whatnot, anything you're mindful about?

ETFs are diluted and this is a leverage and gambling thread. The thread is generally about making big (small) bets on single equities.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Gotcha! Well then I can talk about how I bought some CLSN and MEIP today, biotech penny stocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

This is interesting