Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I knew a few TP reporters who long moved to the Advocate years prior when TP cut their staff and output.

So that in the final moments they only hired a few understates how much expansion they've made into New Orleans and how many people moved over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the Advocate

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJBuddy posted:

I knew a few TP reporters who long moved to the Advocate years prior when TP cut their staff and output.

So that in the final moments they only hired a few understates how much expansion they've made into New Orleans and how many people moved over the years.

The feeling amongst long time advocate staff was that the TP hires were getting preferential treatment. Better pay and better assignments. I don't know how much of that is true and my friend that worked there quit a few years ago so I'm no longer privacy to gossip.

I do know that the advocate is, like most papers, 99% trash.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/wbuik/status/1208469475181416448

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Derrick Henry isn't expected to play today

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28350845/source-titans-star-rb-derrick-henry-not-expected-play-vs-saints

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Panthers meltdown continues.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1208836497782296576?s=20

Edit: lol

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1208838520447668224?s=20

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 22, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Good drafts by Gettleman

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jared Cook finally developing chemistry with Brees this late in the season is a huge relief.

Also, Taysom learning how to run routes.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Vernon Butler is a really bad football player, too.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Grier looks like a waste of a 3rd rounder :smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The saints are an extremely dirty team and I look forward to the meltdown in the playoffs the one time the refs dont help yall out

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Metapod posted:

The saints are an extremely dirty team and I look forward to the meltdown in the playoffs the one time the refs dont help yall out

yes anyone who's watched the 2019 season know that the refs have given us break after break after break

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Metapod posted:

Stay hydrated. It's not healthy to be so salty.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

Grier looks like a waste of a 3rd rounder :smith:

Classic Hurney

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Metapod posted:

Sorry we ruined your *checks notes* 8-8 playoff season?

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
gently caress actually watching that game, but I have to ask: on a scale of 1 to Pickles, how bad is Grier?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

PantherWill posted:

gently caress actually watching that game, but I have to ask: on a scale of 1 to Pickles, how bad is Grier?

This is the first that I'd seen of him, but he looked like complete poo poo. Tons of dump offs to CMC (which, of course), but he missed open guys all over the place and held onto the ball too long.

Seriously, his Y/A was 5.1 today and he had 3 picks with no TDs. That's loving horrendous.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
CMC has 15 catches on 15 targets so he broke his own receptions record already.

He is also at 2,294 yards. He will need 215 yards to tie the scrimmage yards record. Maybe a bit more realistic is 67 yards receiving to join the 1000-1000 club.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Metapod posted:

Hahahahahahah

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ozymandius1024 posted:

This is the first that I'd seen of him, but he looked like complete poo poo. Tons of dump offs to CMC (which, of course), but he missed open guys all over the place and held onto the ball too long.

Seriously, his Y/A was 5.1 today and he had 3 picks with no TDs. That's loving horrendous.

against a colts defense that just got dismantled 6 days ago.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

eke out posted:

yes anyone who's watched the 2019 season know that the refs have given us break after break after break

The Saints were flagged almost twice as often as the Titans today. I don't see what the grumbling is all about.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
What kills me about the Panthers is that, even in a season when we have a MVP-calibur guy having a historic season for both the team and the league, we are so god. drat. Boring. We've hardly ever been a flashy team even when we were good, but as terrible as we are now, it just makes the games ten times as miserable to watch. The game today was just torture.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shinji2015 posted:

What kills me about the Panthers is that, even in a season when we have a MVP-calibur guy having a historic season for both the team and the league, we are so god. drat. Boring. We've hardly ever been a flashy team even when we were good, but as terrible as we are now, it just makes the games ten times as miserable to watch. The game today was just torture.

sounds like you want to be a bucs fan

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

The Saints were flagged almost twice as often as the Titans today. I don't see what the grumbling is all about.

yeah lol of all the things you could make up to be mad at the saints about, that's probably the worst one

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

The fumble at the end of the game was on a very borderline hit that I've literally never seen the Saints get away with.

I missed the first quarter, but holy hell they had a lot of holding and hands to the face calls again, and I specifically saw Cam Jordan get tackled by a RT when he got an arm on Tannehil on the drive that got them back within 3. Like straight up wrapped him up by the hips and rolled backwards to pull him to the ground with no flag. And they were obviously staring right at it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Metapod posted:

“The refs help out the Saints” is such a precious take. When your wrangler gets here, we’ll be sure to all share a laugh

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

sounds like you want to be a bucs fan

Whoa whoa, let's not go that far.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Whoa whoa, let's not go that far.

Yeah, if the choice is between boring and a team QBed by Jameis Winston, I'll stick with boring.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

MJBuddy posted:

The fumble at the end of the game was on a very borderline hit that I've literally never seen the Saints get away with.

I missed the first quarter, but holy hell they had a lot of holding and hands to the face calls again, and I specifically saw Cam Jordan get tackled by a RT when he got an arm on Tannehil on the drive that got them back within 3. Like straight up wrapped him up by the hips and rolled backwards to pull him to the ground with no flag. And they were obviously staring right at it.

yeah I was watching replay on twitter and you can see the receiver lowering his head, making the hit with the shoulder almost unavoidable, but even if it is unavoidable, that almost always gets called

i don't think it was a dirty play on purpose but i'd assume they'd throw a flag every time they see that

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Regardless of the lack of flag, it isn't a play I feel good about, even if it helped the Saints to win.

oh poo poo, what is going on in with the Cardinals?!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

poo poo

https://twitter.com/scott_fowler/status/1208875348538077185?s=21

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Well, Seahawks were embarrassed so all that's left is the 2 seed.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

cpranger posted:

Well, Seahawks were embarrassed so all that's left is the 2 seed.

The 1 is still in play. Not hard to imagine the Seahawks getting embarrassed this week and winning next.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The 1 is still in play. Not hard to imagine the Seahawks getting embarrassed this week and winning next.

e: okay i looked it up, here's the times pic

quote:

To earn a No. 2 seed...

With Seattle losing, New Orleans' path to at least a No. 2 seed gets easier. If the Saints win at Carolina in Week 17, and the Seahawks (11-4) defeat San Francisco (12-3) in Seattle in Week 17, New Orleans will earn at least a No. 2 seed.

In that scenario the Saints and Green Bay (11-3) would each finish 13-3 (the Packers would win the tiebreaker because they have a better record against NFC teams). And Seattle and San Fransisco would each finish 12-4.

To earn a No. 1 seed...

New Orleans can still earn the No. 1 seed if the following happens...

-- Saints win at Carolina in Week 17
-- Seattle defeats San Francisco in Week 17 (the game is in Seattle)
-- Packers lose to either the Vikings on Monday Night Football or Lions in Week 17

eke out fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 23, 2019

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

To expand on this:

https://youtu.be/w0pfn4pnB2M

Greg just sounds utterly defeated.

edit: fixed phone posting

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 23, 2019

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

eke out posted:

e: okay i looked it up, here's the times pic

Ah I thought Seattle had to win out. Carry on

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Watch the Falcons end up 7-9 and Blank gives Dan another shot.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pershing posted:

Watch the Falcons end up 7-9 and Blank gives Dan another shot.

You don't want too much churn at the coaching position, and it's not like the Falcons haven't shown some bewildering dominance against good teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

You don't want too much churn at the coaching position, and it's not like the Falcons haven't shown some bewildering dominance against good teams.

So did the Jeff Fisher Rams, but he was still a bad coach. This is Quinn's 5th year, it's not like they'd be firing him after 2. In addition, the defense has been anywhere in between underwhelming and awful and that's his strength, their short run of success was almost wholly dependent on Kyle Shanahan, and their cap is a disaster that's going to necessitate blowing up a lot of the team anyway, so might as well start fresh with a head coach who isn't the definition of mediocrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

The big change that fixed their horrible season was that Dan Quinn stopped calling plays.