Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

UnfurledSails posted:

That reads like a joke?

He's an alt-right Nazi. Dude is all about bringing up Mein Kampf and laughing at it because he wants to recruit unsuspecting young guys into their internet cult. That's kind of their whole thing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Its absolutely a joke, getfiscal is an excellent troll

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Kazak posted:

Its absolutely a joke, getfiscal is an excellent troll

You are literally defending a Nazi, dude. :rolleyes:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

CodfishCartographer posted:

So I kind of loved the movie, but it was insanely stupid. I was fairly critical of it early on, and found so much of the dumb poo poo comical that at some point my brain snapped and I wound up just rolling with it and loved it. gently caress yeah, there's a billion death stars now, oh hell yes Rey is a Palpatine, gently caress it, sure!! Like I cynicismed so hard that I rolled over from negative back into positive. It's definitely not how I wanted the movie to be, or how I wanted it to end, but once I accepted that it was just going batshit crazy I stopped caring and enjoyed going along for the ride.

Like, I get why everyone hates it, and I don't blame them for it at all, but for some reason my brain loves it for all those reasons. It's not quite the same as enjoying something like The Room, I can't quite explain it. I think this movie broke me.

Same. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don’t go into any Star Wars movie with expectations of some amazing plot or acting. I try to watch them through the lens of my 6 y/o self, that fell in love with the series when my pops took me to see Empire. Any adult going to a kids movie expecting The Deer Hunter or Raging Bull is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

ETA: Babu Frik is cool and good.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Man remember when getfiscal used to troll D&D and not star wars fans

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

You're talking to a nazi, looks like you're the nazi now, nazi.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

"Titanic Captain says he's done with White Star Lines"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Most accurate (to date) summation of the film and why it sucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zZFtq13c4

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

No I'm not

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
That thing where two people are slapfighting and you check their rap sheets and it don’t be like you thought it do. A reversal worthy of JJ himself.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Now that I think about it... it is a bit weird that Ben’s grandpa killed Rey’s grandpa, only for Rey’s grandpa to somehow come back to life for Rey to kill this time. Hrm...

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
they should make a Cats! movie but with porgs

porgs with human faces gyrating and loving

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Real hosed up how Mel brooks kept making jokes about Nazis since those were really all just stealth recruitment.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Kazak posted:

No I'm not
you'd better back that up with proof he liked the Last Jedi.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Seems fairly obvious he's mocking people who think engaging with Nazi ideas to "debunk" them is a mark of enlightenment rather than just dismissing those ideas out of hand because they're loving Nazis?

Like it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be lovely but that tweet does not seem like evidence of it

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

rey killed chewbacca

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Blistex posted:

"Titanic Captain says he's done with White Star Lines"

:golfclap:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
If you cheer any time a robot plane shoots lasers at chief labeef you should be put on a watch list. People have the right to know you are not a safe person to interact with.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Blistex posted:

Most accurate (to date) summation of the film and why it sucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zZFtq13c4

Pretty much yeah. I've had about three days to sit on this movie. I've come to the conclusion this trilogy was somehow worse than the prequels.

The only stuff that exist in my brain is Rogue One, Original Trilogy, and Mandalorian. The rest is too far off the rails for me to enjoy.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Saint Drogo posted:

you'd better back that up with proof he liked the Last Jedi.
gently caress, gently caress, uhhh

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/941723605985120259?s=19

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/942589620172263424?s=19

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Having never heard of that guy before, so without context, that 100% reads like someone who is just writing poo poo to be funny/troll and not an earnest... whatever.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

IIRC he's a circa LF era SA exile who is now a trolling ronin on twitter. He's good

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
He’s infected all of you with his nazi brain worms and now your fate is inevitable.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
there's a clip floating around of an interview with Oscar Isaac and he gets asked if he wants to play Poe again and he just immediately, loudly and emphatically goes "NOPE!"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Horizon Burning posted:

there's a clip floating around of an interview with Oscar Isaac and he gets asked if he wants to play Poe again and he just immediately, loudly and emphatically goes "NOPE!"

Again, Isaac owns. I remember a post about the stars’ regimen to get ready for the movies. Boyega and Ridley are working out hard and Isaac is stoned eating cheetos with chopsticks.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I want to get high and watch cats and star wars back to back. That seems the best way to enjoy this movie.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bacontotem posted:

I want to get high and watch cats and star wars back to back. That seems the best way to enjoy this movie.

Get high and watch Cats, then get really, really high and watch Cats again.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Horizon Burning posted:

Its been a long 4 years and we're all ready to move on.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I'm surprised they were all able to negotiate contacts for just one trilogy

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
looking forward to the internet cutting all of the women and poc out of ROS and it's just 45 minutes of luke and Adam driver kissing the emperor

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blistex posted:

of all the things in the movie they could complain are too coincidental, they go for 'the protagonists find the corpse of the guy they're looking for in a dangerous cave right next to where he parked his spaceship'?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

...why was there a Sith-sympathizer hood ornament on that guy's car?

Did Space Chevy make a line of hood ornaments to show off whether you belonged to space jehovah's witnesses or to the space KKK?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Movie would have been way better if the plot was about Palpatine trying to get grandparent custody rights to Rey so he could teach her how to play baseball

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

DemoneeHo posted:

Movie would have been way better if the plot was about Palpatine trying to get grandparent custody rights to Rey so he could teach her how to play baseball

bad news bears, in space

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i have faith that ian mcdiarmid could pull it off

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Horizon Burning posted:

Oscar Isaac owns and I love him in Ex
Machina. But why would he ever want to touch Star Wars again after TLJ when his character was imploded into nothingness? Don't loving blame the dude. He deserves to move as far away as possible from this lovely franchise.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Oh no, I feel myself turning nazi thanks to this middling troll

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

He typed Uber with a Ü what other proof do you need people

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

No-one's ever really go-
*sees box office numbers*