Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

mariooncrack posted:

Was Shadow WX good when he was younger?
I remember him being fine in BJW deathmatches if you’re into that kind of thing but most of the time he was wrestling Abdullah Kobayashi and Ryuji Ito who could carry anyone to a good death match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

RealFoxy posted:

I remember him being fine in BJW deathmatches if you're into that kind of thing but most of the time he was wrestling Abdullah Kobayashi and Ryuji Ito who could carry anyone to a good death match

And before that, Ryuji Yamakawa and Tomoaki Honma. WX was good, but clearly the secondary talent of both eras.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/NjpwGaijinEric/status/1208872236461019139?s=20

Real Hero Archive is returning in time for Christmas, so that's nice.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Might want to be careful what you're clicking on in the archive. Real Hero Eric is...well.......

:nws: https://twitter.com/DangerousKet/status/1208888341527191553 :nws:

:nms:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
good lord

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's a huge yikes.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I’ll pretend you said RFVideo.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
What is Striggamortis?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1209055308548595712?s=19

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Adaptabullshit posted:

What is Striggamortis?

Not sure but my best guess is a portmanteau of Strigga and Mort, two puro Twitter guys associated with Eric.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not sure if the Mort part is intentional. It's a pun on strigga and rigor mortis. I know the people who use it but I'm not sure the exact meaning.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

Might want to be careful what you're clicking on in the archive. Real Hero Eric is...well.......

that might be fake? I seem to remember some chudass forum post reading the same way. "I walked out of Korakuen and all I saw were school girls" is something I read like a few years ago. Or it could all be the same dork.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's the same guy. This has been known for a while. That specific post is from like 2016. There's also a horrific YouTube video where he gives a tour of his room and introduces the viewer to his prized possession - a Hikaru Shida poster he calls his waifu in the creepiest loving voice.

The funniest thing about Eric is my friend had the misfortune to end up stuck on a table at TGIFs with him and he spent the whole time bragging about being friends with Big Michael Elgin and how Elgin follows all his advice on social media use. (this was this year)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh good to know. gently caress. guess I'll have to burn another IP block.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/spacereprobate/status/1210146810947346432?s=20

NOAH are streaming live on Youtube tomorrow the Sugiura-Gun Produce show from Korakuen. There's not a lot of massive must see matches, but the main event is Sakuraba & Sugi vs Fujita & Hideki Suzuki which should be fun. Plus El Hijo de Dr Wagner Jr vs someone called Dr Marufuji Jr. Wonder who that is. There's also a RATEL's 4-way elimination (I think?) match & AXIZ vs Kiyomiya & Shuhei Taniguchi building up to the big Kiyomiya Shiozaki match on the 4th.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/nVzK4JKJTY9zMpX/status/1210163830900133888?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Nothing noteworthy on today's Dragon Gate show except this

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1210166366851874816?s=20

:(

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

drat. Here I hoped Yoshino was in the clear. He will go down as an all time great, though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rip to a WSX legend

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yoshino, may your retirement be filled with big boobied ladies that think you're a famous baseball player

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Pinche Rudo posted:

first Stuart from the old puroresufan dot com site and now this guy

the gently caress is wrong with people

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NOAH knows who the star is here, the intro video featuring Sugiura's shiba inu prominently.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonight/tomorrow morning is a doubleheader in Korakuen

The final BASARA show under the DDT umbrella, the card for All Things In Nature:
Ryota Nakatsu vs Tetsuo Usui in Usui's debut
Russia will not appear in the Tokyo Olympics but Kamino will appear in Korakuen! Sento Minzoku vs Kamino Bros!: Sento Minzoku (Minoru Fujita and Ryuichi Sekine) vs Daichi Kazato and Masato Kamino
GRAN MILLIMETERS ONE NIGHT STAND: Daiki Shimomura and Nobuhiro Shimatani vs Banana Senga and Tsutomu Oosugi
Starring Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi ~Eat, Pray & Pour Water~: Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi and Osamu Nishimura vs Brahman Shu and Brahman Kei
FUMA and Yusube Kubo defend the IRON FIST tag titles against Fuminori Abe and Takuya Nomura
Takumi Tsukamoto, Yasu Urano and Takato Nakano defend the UWA world trios titles against Ryota Nakatsu, Naoki Tanizaki and Akiyori Takizawa
Masahiro Takanashi defends the Union MAX title against Isami Kodaka

DDT's last show of the year, the card for D-OU Grand Prix 2020 The Final:
Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuki Iino vs Keisuke Ishii and Keigo Nakamura
Makoto Oishi vs Danshoku Dieno, Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Masahiro Takanashi, Antonio Honda, Hiroshi Yamato, Mizuki Watase, Mad Paulie and Yoshihiko in a "Novice Papa" 9-Man Trial of Makoto Oishi
Sakura Hirota vs Saki Akai in Akai's second match of a seven-match Okibariyasu series
Soma Takao & Nobuhiro Shimatani vs Akito & Shunma Katsumata vs Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura in a triple threat tag
Shinya Aoki vs Super Sasadango Machine in a Toshiwasure! special singles match
Kazusada Higuchi returns to war: Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi vs Bull James and Yukio Naya
HARASHIMA vs Daisuke Sasaki vs Konosuke Takeshita vs Chris Brookes in a D-OU Grand Prix 2020 special fatal fourway
Tetsuya Endo vs Masato Tanaka in the finals of the D-OU Grand Prix 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

El Hijo De Dr Wagner Jr ripped Dr Marufuji's mask off and didn't get DQ'd. Outrageous refereeing

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

forkboy84 posted:

El Hijo De Dr Wagner Jr ripped Dr Marufuji's mask off and didn't get DQ'd. Outrageous refereeing

Yeah well Marufuji had his feet on the top loving rope so it was a show of incompetent officiating all around I'd say.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Currently wanting to see Kenou get his loving head kicked in, wrestling is rad.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I missed the dogpile earlier, but I'm glad to see Eric C. getting a bit of hate around here despite the RH Archive and Takayamania (both super incredible things, especially the latter). I'm in his super secret Facebook group and its just a whole lotta dicksucking and turbo-nerds showing off their "access" and the fact that wrestlers know them personally. And you better not mess with his "buddy" Big Mike Elgin and talk about his recent hosed up allegations, dammit, or that's a banning and a long pretentious post about being "respectful" and "not dicks". However, based on interactions with them there, it appears the access is only there from literal decades of hounding wrestlers coming out of shows until they became infamous and then realizing they weren't going away so they'd may as well deal with it. And they're still loving here. Like a bad rash.

A bunch of weird guys in that clique, even beyond the somewhat creepy, man-child vibes of posts like the one we were just roasting. It's like a group of older men, even older than us here, deciding to act like 10 year old turbo marks, but...on purpose and dead seriously. I wonder what the wrestlers they hound for pictures and "friendship" think of them? In either case, I'm constantly disappointed the guys behind the Archive seem like koo-koos because the community orbiting around them is actually super chill.

I like you guys because when someone deserves a roasting, you all are already on top of it. :unsmith:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 30, 2019

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
What's his involvement with Takayamania?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

What's his involvement with Takayamania?

After Takayama had his latest stroke he used the userbase of the RealHero Archive to raise money for him from western fans, and ended up getting the money to Minoru Suzuki. I think via Kevin Kelly.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

forkboy84 posted:

After Takayama had his latest stroke he used the userbase of the RealHero Archive to raise money for him from western fans, and ended up getting the money to Minoru Suzuki. I think via Kevin Kelly.

Ahhh okay, my brain went straight to the Takayamania Empire benefit shows

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Is DDT Universe streaming the New Years Eve show? Is any web-site

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
The BJWxDDT tag team tourney? Looks like it's not live on Universe at least. Hopefully it winds up there shortly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's an All Japan show from Korakuen just started on AJPW TV. Headlined by Zeus and Aoyagi defending the tag titles against Violent Giants, and the semi-finals of the Jr Title tournament (featuring Kagetora and Susumu from Dragon Gate).

The show in 24 hours time is the bigger one though, with the Jr Champion being crowned and Kento defending the Triple Crown against Jake Lee.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Looks like Zeus might be hurt; looked like he got knocked out at some point and they immediately stopped the match and ruled it a KO. Genuinely impressive refereeing: the finish came across as flat as you'd expect but I initially thought it was them doing a very bad KO finish until the doctor came in and it became clear it was something serious. Kyohei Wada has been around the block a few times so it shouldn't surprise but even still: lots of refs probably wouldn't have noticed that early and the earlier you can call something like that the better for the health of everyone involved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DDT's first show of the year is tomorrow

Toru Owashi defends the Iron Man Heavymetalweight title in a Time Difference battle royale that also features Kazuki Hirata, Yuki Iino, Antonio Honda, Saki Akai, Gorgeous Matsuno, Mizuki Watase, Yukio Naya and Keigo Nakamura
Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi vs Mad Paulie and Hiroshi Yamato
Sanshiro Takagi vs Danshoku Dieno vs Super Sasadango Machine in a New Year! Special triple threat
HARASHIMA and Shinya Aoki vs Masahiro Takanashi and Makoto Oishi
MAO vs Shunma Katsumata in MAO's return to DDT from excursion
Masato Tanaka vs Chris Brookes in a New Year! Special worldwide match
Konosuke Takeshita and Akito vs Tetsuya Endo and a mystery partner
Daisuke Sasaki and Soma Takao defend the KO-D tag titles against Yuki Ueno and Naomi Yoshimura

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I see we've got to wait an entire week to see NOAH's big 4th of January show as it's not being broadcast on G+ until the 13th (at 11:59pm). The show on the 5th will be live on Samurai though. 5th is a completely unknown lineup but the 4th is all the title matches with Kiyomiya vs Shiozaki as the headliner.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well, somehow Zeus is wrestling today despite his assumed concussion yesterday.

On the positive side this might be the first time I've gotten to see Ayato Yoshida since the the former K-Dojo stopped working with TAKA.

Oh good, we got a loving rad and violent clash between Yoshida and Nomura and I hope they meet in the Champion Carnival or something. I need a singles contest

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 3, 2020

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

DDT was an absolute delight to see live! highly recommend if anyone can ever do so.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dick Togo has joined Sugiura-gun

https://twitter.com/boliviacuba/status/1213686660212224000?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hold the gently caress up Mochi is GHC tag champ?