Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MA-Horus posted:

I recieve a package delivery notification.

Germany! Cool! Uh, what?

Eh, I'm Dutch. We're used to getting hosed by ZE GERMANS

Welp.

:a2m: :nms:

It is spicy. It will be enjoyed. Thank you dude.
I, uh, don't know about the sex toy thing.

The sauce is a completely exaggerated batch from home-grown Carolina Reapers with barely any regard for taste in favor of kick. It's vinegar-based though, so you don't need to treat it like Mayonnaise, but I would still recommend using it for spicing up larger batches of cooking.

The sex toy is...well, you see, I got drunk while watching league of legends, and I was on Discord, and I suddenly felt that just sending a small bottle of chili sauce wouldn't quite do it.

Also, EBB immediately guessed it was going to be hot-sauce, so my pride was hurt and my only recourse was to one-up myself, and I ended up evening-express-ordering Germany's most popular fake-vagina because I figured it would be funny as packaging. Upon delivery, I experienced a number of mixed feelings, chief amongst which was elation over the interior "cage" (I guess?) of said sex toy somehow being to the exact dimensions of the glass bottles I had ordered about 80 of to supply colleagues with.

It was almost as if god willed it.

I'm fairly sure I kept celebrating my happiness over that fact on Discord, and because adult beverages were continually being administered, I not only hosed up the initial order of the shipping label (which I had to reclaim later), but started getting cocky when filling out the customs declaration.

About a day after I had turned in the package for shipping, it occurred to me that a fluid-filled glass core inside a bullet-shaped container, roughly the size of a 90mm shell could potentially raise a customs eyebrow or two, I started to question my decisions.

The package clearing outgoing customs only provided a minute amount of relief, because now I was thinking how the inbound customs folks across the Atlantic would eyeball an IED-shaped gift from loving Germany.

TL;dr:

I'm happy you got your gift in time.

Lessons-learned:

1. Do not drink and Secret-Santa
2. Do not taunt customs officials on a written declaration...

...for something that looks like a bomb

...that you packaged inside a hollow sex toy

...and then cushioned with socks and underwear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

In closing: I blame EBB

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Duzz seriously I passed the pictures around my friends here in Toronto and it's a mixture of :wtc: and "give me that sause now"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In closing: I blame EBB

I blame violent video games.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My stuff is out, should get there on Christmas Eve hopefully.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hey so uhhhh..... what’s the deadline for getting our stuff out?

Because I haven’t really started working on my gift yet

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

My dude just buy a shirt off of shirtsocash and send someone kimjongun riding on a unicorn or some poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Deathy McDeath posted:

If there's signs it just hasn't been done yet but will be followed through on there's a lot of flexibility

If by 31 december theres nothing I'll post asking for updates, and if someone chooses to ghost on the thread they eat a ban

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

For the record I’ll be mobilizing on the 30th so if mine doesn’t show up before that I’d appreciate getting notified if my wife can just place the box aside until I get back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'll be gone from the 24th to the 29th, but packages generally get accepted by neighbors, and in case of non-delivery, I think the storage period is upwards of 10 days, so I think I should be fine.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't blame anyone for feeling ambushed by Christmas, the gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas was really short this year.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

A mystery package at my door? And addressed to the name I give out for secret santas?

Better throw caution to the wind and open it in the middle of my office - thanks for not mailing a glitter bomb!

What's this?

Quite the haul! Starting with a plane mold ice cube maker. My old (boring normal) ice cube mold broke over the summer and I was way too lazy to buy a new one, so every single iced drink I have at home will now come with miniature airplanes.

My inner 9 year old (and outer 31 year old) is going to have fun throwing planes at all my coworkers tomorrow morning. This is definitely happening. They're gonna hate me, but... well... it's good to be the boss.

Keeping the theme going, I need to run out and buy a six pack to push the flight envelope of this experimental aircraft.

Oh my god. I was waiting until after the holidays to pull the trigger on buying this. My chief is going to flip his poo poo when I show up on the flightline wearing the belt. It's a Festivus miracle!

This is rad. I've been in the USAF for 11 years, and it's super rare for me to get aviation themed gifts that aren't super moto and/or patronizing, so an extra thanks for that.

Thanks a lot, Barcley!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ARC LIGHT WHAT THE gently caress

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
:jerky:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

ARC LIGHT WHAT THE gently caress

succ

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

What did you send him?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

What did you send him?

Some good stuff, but also something... awful.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dude you deserve every prize in the contest for this haul, holy loving poo poo

We have here: one package skilcraft pens
One REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT lanyard
One UV blacklight
One "Guillotine" cardgame "where you win by getting a head"
Two bags of bully sticks for Luca and Niuniu
One White Donkey Terminal Lance book
One Shop of Theseus book
One General Electric radio receiver
One set ThermoPro remote food thermometers
One excellent shirt

Oh, and this box here:

...the gently caress?

YOU SENT ME A loving DOSIMETER??????

DUDE

HOLY

gently caress

Best Christmas ever. I am in loving awe, dude.

I'm making up a batch of bbq sauce and jerky for presents, so I'm making some extra and sending it your way.

Seriously man, I am in awe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

According to the manual it goes to 500 roentgen too

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

According to the manual it goes to 500 roentgen too

The real gift was my SMDFTB acronym in my letter. Everything else was secondary.

And hell yeah I'll take some jerky and BBQ sauce.

Glad you like your stuff. You went through the hassle of putting this together, you ought to get something sick.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Dude you deserve every prize in the contest for this haul, holy loving poo poo

We have here: one package skilcraft pens
One REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT lanyard
One UV blacklight
One "Guillotine" cardgame "where you win by getting a head"
Two bags of bully sticks for Luca and Niuniu
One White Donkey Terminal Lance book
One Shop of Theseus book
One General Electric radio receiver
One set ThermoPro remote food thermometers
One excellent shirt

Oh, and this box here:

...the gently caress?

YOU SENT ME A loving DOSIMETER??????

DUDE

HOLY

gently caress

Best Christmas ever. I am in loving awe, dude.

I'm making up a batch of bbq sauce and jerky for presents, so I'm making some extra and sending it your way.

Seriously man, I am in awe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

drat that’s :krad:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light I didnt find a letter though, which box was it in?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Arc Light I didnt find a letter though, which box was it in?

I think I stuck it in the Terminal Lance book, behind the front cover

E: or the customs inspector decided it was too dangerous to enter New Zealand and yanked it out

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Found it! I was too busy playing with checking my home was safe with the dosimeter.

As I suspected, Luca is putting out a healthy dose of woofgen:

Arc Light is forever a cool dude in my books.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Found it! I was too busy playing with checking my home was safe with the dosimeter.

As I suspected, Luca is putting out a healthy dose of woofgen:

Arc Light is forever a cool dude in my books.

Strategic Munitions Division, First Tactical Brigade.

That's our new name.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's...an extremely strong candidate for "Most Thoughtful"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Holy poo poo, arc light

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
I mean...drat, that's pretty cool.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The loving t-shirt, man. :lol:

That's a pretty loving strong contender overall.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah not everything is in yet but we might have to call this one for Arc Light.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It took me a little while to get my items ready, but I will be sending mine out likely tomorrow but by the end of the week at the latest.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I think the pups like the bully sticks, Arc Light!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Also Slim Pickens I don’t know what the gently caress was in those treats you sent Lando but the other day he grabbed one and went bonkers! He ran around the house in full zoomies mode throwing the thing around like it was a trophy. Here’s a picture of the Deranged Dingus in between freakouts, giving the camera some full on crazy eyes!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey garg check your porch

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also Slim Pickens I don’t know what the gently caress was in those treats you sent Lando but the other day he grabbed one and went bonkers! He ran around the house in full zoomies mode throwing the thing around like it was a trophy. Here’s a picture of the Deranged Dingus in between freakouts, giving the camera some full on crazy eyes!

"Touch my snack, motherfucker. Do it. See what happens."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

ElMaligno posted:

Naked bear POST THE PICTURES
Sorry for the delay! Will do when I get home.

poo poo hit the fan here a couple of weeks ago, so Santee: the nice part of your gift is going out later this week. The "real" part of your gift hasn't been completed yet, but I said I'd do it and so help me, you're sure as poo poo gonna get this... thing even if I have to eat international shipping twice. It's funny.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Glad he likes them, I just bought something highly recommended on Amazon, haven't gotten any for my pup yet.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

ElMaligno posted:

Naked bear POST THE PICTURES
As promised (and yes, on my wall):

Satan also sent me some delicious homemade treats! I, uh, don't have any photos of them because they were really loving good. Thanks again!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Naked Bear posted:

As promised (and yes, on my wall):

:dudsmile:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Show us the Radio Receiver! That Geiger counter / Survey meter is cool as gently caress! I always wanted one of the ones that detected alpha and beta particles. Now you have some homework to see what your detector can find.

Looks like this Secret Satan is going great this year. Lots of fun all around.

Love you all!