Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FoolyCharged posted:

Hey reddit. I love having pets to an extreme and my boyfriend despises them. What do?

She got lucky. "Despises pets for taking her attention away from him" is not an uncommon first sign of an abusive and controlling person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

QuarkJets posted:

You can't even spoil a star wars movie, you already know what's going to happen in that theater

You're going to eat popcorn while you enjoy some action-filled lightsaber fights, there will be a space battle, and after 2 hours you'll be left saying "well it wasn't good but at least it was better than Attack of the Clones"

From what I gathered they manage to screw all of those up.

Also you need to play Fortnite to fully understand the plot.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

AITA-Gun control in my own home

She’s a mature 3 and we have an open dialogue about never messing with guns-even if they look like a toy.
Ah yes, 3-year olds, the age famed for keen understanding of consequences and mature participation in dialogues.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MagusofStars posted:

Ah yes, 3-year olds, the age famed for keen understanding of consequences and mature participation in dialogues.

They held bilateral negotiations across the dinner table

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

QuarkJets posted:

There's been an update to this one:
AITA for visiting my ex in jail against the wishes of my girlfriend?

[UPDATE] - AITA for visiting my ex in jail against the wishes of my girlfriend?

Spoiled brat that got caught scamming money from people finds the punishment to be unpleasant, the poor dear.

QuarkJets posted:

AITA-Gun control in my own home

Some gun nuts are coming out to say "grandpa should just buy a gun safe!!" ignoring that he's the type who would never use it, and of course others are arguing that the OP should open-carry too

"mature 3yo" - there's a plethora of research that shows that a 5-6yo, let alone a 3yo, will pick up a gun and play with it even moments after training with a parent or video to not touch a gun. Kids are great at parroting back what to do - "I don't touch it and tell my mom!" - and then doing it anyway literally seconds afterwards.

Its your kid and your house. "You only get to see my kid in my house if you don't have a gun with you" is a reasonable and enforceable rule. He'll most certainly bitch about it, but if you're firm he'll cave eventually.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

She got lucky. "Despises pets for taking her attention away from him" is not an uncommon first sign of an abusive and controlling person.

He's a world class shithead but she's a lunatic

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
[SERIOUS] Tensions Flaring Due to Farting

quote:

My husband (“Mike”) and I are both in our thirties, and have been married for over ten years. Like any marriage, we’ve had our ups and downs, but we are in a solid, committed relationship. However, for the last year or so, we’ve had ongoing “discussions” about a minor health issue that Mike has developed, and it’s starting to affect our marriage in a really negative way.

The health issue? Mike developed sudden, severe lactose intolerance, and he refuses to change his diet. Yes, he’s seen his doctor about it. He will take Lactaid when he consumes dairy, but frankly, he eats more dairy than the Lactaid can keep up with. And, he will forget to take the Lactaid if the food isn’t “obviously” dairy - think chocolate, for example. His lactose intolerance is so severe that he farts CONSTANTLY, and his farts STINK. No exaggeration, he farts 30+ times a day. And the odor clings to his body, his clothes, and any fabric he’s sitting/laying on. As an example, I’m writing this at 3:00AM on the couch, because he was farting so loudly in sleep that it woke me up. The sheets on our bed were freshly laundered, and they literally smell like poo poo less than a day later because of his farts.

Where the relationship issue comes in is that I find his lack of concern for his body, his diet, and how his constant farting affects others, troubling. I acknowledge and understand that he digested dairy just fine for 30+ years of his life with no problems, and it’s an adjustment to change his diet in such a drastic way. I try to supply him with dairy-free meal and snack options. I can’t control every morsel that he eats, though (nor do I have the desire to). However, I find it selfish that he knows he has violent side effects while eating dairy, and he continues to eat it without caring how his lactose intolerance affects others. Our cars? Smell like poo poo. Our house? Smells like poo poo. His clothes? Smell like poo poo. His body? Smells like poo poo. I’ve expressed how disgusting and completely preventable this situation is, and he has retorted, several times, how I’m exaggerating and need to get over it.

My question is, how can I be supportive without being controlling? How can we work through this change in life, without having permanent rifts due to farting?

TL;DR - Husband can’t digest dairy, doesn’t care, stinks up our house, also doesn’t care.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

welcome to hell posted:

Great name/post combo.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying no to major chores while wife enjoys holiday overseas?

... left to look after daughter in a small apartment in winter, while my wife relaxes in her old room, watching tv, making models and lego (her hobbies)...

Boris Johnson rear end wife

https://youtu.be/gLcCZjDoWTQ

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

welcome to hell posted:

Go on a weekend, lactose free vacation. Give him pseudoephedrine, then go back in the house. If it's as bad as you say he will have to admit it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

QuarkJets posted:

You can't even spoil a star wars movie, you already know what's going to happen in that theater

You're going to eat popcorn while you enjoy some action-filled lightsaber fights, there will be a space battle, and after 2 hours you'll be left saying "well it wasn't good but at least it was better than Attack of the Clones"

You tell the kids Chewie dies regardless of what happens in the movie

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Help! Sister in Law thinks she is being proposed to on Christmas

quote:

Help! I (F 29) don’t know which subreddit to post this on, since it is not about my own personal relationship, but it is about information I have about my SIL’s relationship. SIL (F 29) thinks she is getting proposed to on Christmas.

My sister in law has been in her current relationship for about 3 years and we all know that marriage is close and something SIL wants terribly.

She has been talking about how she would like to be proposed to on Christmas with a puppy and a ring at her grandfathers house for several months now.

The other day, my MIL called my husband and I to tell us that SIL’s boyfriend (M 35) took her to look at puppies, they left with out a puppy, but SIL’s boyfriend secretly paid for the puppy, and is planning on giving it to SIL on Christmas at Grandpas house. MIL explained that SIL’s boyfriend said “this is not the big moment, I do not have a ring yet, I just want to know if it is okay that I bring the puppy to Grandpas”.

So then today, SIL called me and told me she has been day dreaming more about her boyfriend proposing on Christmas with the puppy they looked at (she truly has no idea he secretly bought the puppy).

My issue is, I know when she sees that puppy on Christmas that she is going to think that she is being proposed to. I think SIL’s boyfriends heart is in the right place with the puppy, and I don’t want the surprise to be spoiled when SIL realizes she is not being proposed to. Not that she would be ungrateful, but it can be hard when you think something like a proposal is happening, then it doesn’t. I just don’t know if I should give SIL’s boyfriend a heads up as to what SIL might interpret the situation as or just leave it alone? I promise I am not wanting to be nosey/spoil the surprise, I am just concerned about both SIL and boyfriends feelings if things don’t go as they are individually thinking it will.

Edit 1 for clarification - “SIL” is my husbands sister. So my husbands sister and her boyfriend are who I am talking about (some commenters think I am talking about my brother asking his girlfriend).

Edit 2 for clarification - I am not wanting to “meddle”, I am just wondering if I should let my SIL’s boyfriend know what SIL told me about her dream proposal to avoid hurt feelings for both of them if there is not proposal planned (which I guess some people could see as meddling, I would just feel guilty knowing I could have possibly helped/given a heads up to him if there is no proposal and they both get upset).

Edit 3 for clarification - Grandpas house at Christmas is significant, my husbands family has celebrated every Christmas there and it holds nostalgic and important family memories/tradition.

Edit 4 for clarification - The puppy is not just a prop, they live together and have been talking about getting a puppy together for a while now, it is not something they will get bored of/send to a shelter.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
AITA for not acting thrilled over an age-inappropriate gift at a holiday gift exchange?

quote:

One of the gift exchanges I participated in this year was one where we made up our own rules. We liked the white elephant idea, but then people shared experiences where they literally ended up with trash or useless junk. So we modified that idea and set a budget of about $15-20. We specifically agreed that for our "white elephant" exchange, there would be no joke gifts or trash, and that everyone should bring thoughtful or useful gifts. (For reference, most of us are in our 30s, with a few over and a few under).

For the most part, the party turned out great. I bought an Echo dot to gift, and everyone but 2 people brought nice gifts (out of about 30). There were a few that were on the cheaper side, but still decent, IMO. Example: one person made a winter care package with things from the dollar store: mugs, hot cocoa, marshmallows, chocolates, etc, for no more than $5 (She had confided in me beforehand that she was worried about her gift. It was all she could afford, but IMO, it's the thought that counts and it still keeps to the spirit of our gift exchange in bringing something useful or thoughtful to gift).

I was the first person to go, and much to my surprise, I unwrapped a brand new boxed Barbie doll. In my head I was wondering if this was a joke? No one said anything. I tried hard to find something nice to say about it, but I honestly didn't know what to say. I just said "oh cool, a barbie toy!" and put it back down. I wish I could've come up with something clever or funny to say. The couple who brought it asked me to take it out of the box & show it to everyone in case anyone wants to steal it, so I did. I felt embarrassed that anyone would think this was an appropriate gift to bring. When I sat down, the couple said "we grew up poor and that's actually a really nice gift that cost us a lot of money."

We go around & everyone else got nice gifts until the 2nd bad gift. Someone brought a used drugstore beauty product that she said she used once but it was now just lying around the house. The GUY who got the product was a really good sport about it & even put some on & talked about how much he would enjoy it. The couple who brought the barbie doll said this (these are the exact words): "You're just being nice about it, unlike some people. Who are rude and ungrateful." They gave me the stink eye.

The more I think about it the more annoyed I feel. I agree that I didn't handle this the best. I'm sure I could've done something funny like the guy who put on the beauty product, but I was legit confused because we had all agreed on no joke gifts. Did they actually expect someone would take the Barbie out, play with it and brush its hair or something?

TLDR; someone brought an age-inappropriate gift to holiday gift exchange where we had agreed upon no joke gifts and a $15-20 budget for a thoughtful or usefu giftl. Couple gifted a brand new barbie doll & I apparently offended them by not acting thrilled. AITA?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love how many of these stories have multiple edits to short circuit all the stupid bullshit reddit tries to misconstrue.

Propaniac posted:

AITA for not acting thrilled over an age-inappropriate gift at a holiday gift exchange?

Lol what the gently caress.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Asking redditors for advice on how to handle interpersonal situations is like asking Ted Bundy on picking up women. And I say this as a goons

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Miss posted:

he's an idiot for not planting roses or thorny blackberry bushes

Big-rear end rocks.

Just an entire field of big-rear end rocks.

Then plant gympie gympie something with thorns.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sounds too good to be true, but here it is anyway

M[25] dating a F [25]. I think she is cheating on me.

quote:

Long story short I have been dating this girl for about four months now but we didn’t actually start calling each other BF or GF until about a month and a half ago.

She went on a vacation that was preplanned before we started dating. It was with her guy friend that she has know since high school. She was very clear to me Ahead of time that her best friend was a guy.

I had no reason to be suspicious. Until today.

My GF recently was pregnant and took the pill to abort. As far as I knew only me and her knew about it. She said she started telling her friend the day she had the abortion which was Wednesday and he was supportive. He also lives overseas so they use whatsapp to communicate. He is Italian and she is originally from Italy as well.

She let me use her phone today to order something since my phone wasn’t charging. He sent her a message and while I am not fluent in itialin and I can make out some words. Especially the endearing ones because my GF calls me those.

Anyway I clicked on the message and yeah let me List the reasons why I am concerned here.

-she told him the day she found out she was pregnant rather than the day she had the abortion like she told me.

-he was freaking out. She told him the ultrasound said 6 weeks but it really said 3. 6 weeks means it would be his fault. 3 was mine. Which makes me think he doesn’t know about me.

-he asked what the solution is. She responded with your solution is an abortion and she doesn’t want to ruin his life.

-she said I wish you were here with me holding my hand because I am all alone. She also said she hopes this doesn’t affect their relationship. - BTW this text was sent as I was holding her hand in the waiting room for the abortion.

Update. Thought my GF was cheating on me. She was cheating but I was the guy she was cheating with.

quote:

You can see my previous post here Long story short my GF lives in the States. She is originally from Italy and her “friend” is also Italian.

She got pregnant and I have been by her side the entire time and also through the abortion process. When we have been dating it’s been amazing. I never once thought that she didn’t care about me. She would feed me at restaurants, call me pet Italian names, surprise me all the time.

I saw a few messages and I thought maybe I am overthinking everything and I was wrong.

I got ahold of her phone when she was in the shower. Not only did they sleep together she was mad because “I told you not to cum inside me”.

I went back from when we started dating.

-She send nudes to him.
-Would show him everything I bought her.
-They talked about when she finished school she can’t wait to move back and get married.
-She wishes he was here helping her through this difficult time because she is all alone. I not only supported her when she found out but paid for and helped her through this entire process.
-He sent a picture of him with a “date” at a wedding and she got super jealous. Blew up his phone with a dozen calls.

So yeah. I’m dumping her. Sending all the screenshots to her extremely conservative parents and family who btw would disown her if they found out she got an abortion. They don’t even allow dating prior to marriage. That is why she was so mad at me for getting her pregnant. Even though at this point I’m pretty sure it was him cause I always used condoms and pulled out.

I’m also sending him all my chats with her and everything we have done and taking everything out of our apartment. I’m burning all the bridges.

Figured you would want an update.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Needs to plant concrete spikes making a forest, each written upon in every language "this is not a place of honor"

DemoneeHo posted:

Update. Thought my GF was cheating on me. She was cheating but I was the guy she was cheating with.

I dont believe it is true, but if it encourages even one person to dump their philandering partner at least it did some goo

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

WIBTA if I refused to share the cost from a car accident during a road trip I was on?

quote:

So this summer a longtime friend of mine and I rented a car to go on a road trip. We split the driving, but my friend pushed to be the driver more often than not. When it was time to return the car to the airport in the dead of night, I was under the impression that she was tired, so I offered to drive. However she insisted on driving and managed the (short) drive without issue.

Then, when parking the car on the almost entirely empty lot, she decided to park her car right in between two other cars. I warned her to take one of the free spots instead of this narrow one, but she ignored this and hit a parked SUV. She received a bill for ~4,500$ in the mail some days back and has made a polite remark about expecting me to share this cost. Neither me nor my friend are particularly wealthy, but the cost isn't going to hurt either of us heavily.

I would not hesitate to split the cost if the accident had been caused by something outside of her control or a light mistake that could have happened to anyone. However I feel this damage was solely due to my friend behaving recklessly and outright ignoring multiple warnings.

WIBTA if I don't offer to help with the bill? WIBTA if I refused to if my friend insists?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Big-rear end rocks.

Just an entire field of big-rear end rocks.

Then plant gympie gympie something with thorns.

My grandparents live on a farm, and local redneck teenagers will ride their 4-wheelers through the fields. They were causing damage and spooking the animals but neither cops nor parents helped much. Grandpa posted signs, which were torn down or shot with BB guns. He put up more signs, same thing. Put up some traffic cones, which were promptly run over.

He started filling random cones with concrete and left them out there. You know. So the wind wouldn't blow them away. Kids ran it over, tore up the 4-wheeler something fierce. They tried to sue for 'booby trapping the field' but didn't win. They stopped coming around after that. Little shits.

DemoneeHo posted:

Hot take: out her to her family as a cheating piece of poo poo, but its only okay to out an abortion if the person is a conservative being a hypocrite.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dienes posted:

Hot take: out her to her family as a cheating piece of poo poo, but its only okay to out an abortion if the person is a conservative being a hypocrite.

Nah, torch it all to the ground.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
I like how the guy uses condoms and pulls out every time!

Torpoodo
Feb 6, 2009

The Bramble posted:

Also Tyler Doodie

Tyler Turden

(If someone already made this joke, accept my sincere apologies from 20 pages ago)

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Torpoodo posted:

Tyler Turden

(If someone already made this joke, accept my sincere apologies from 20 pages ago)

They did, and I already acknowledged that it was a vastly superior pun over my own attempt. Thanks for the reminder of my own ineptitude. 2019 can't end fast enough...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Beachcomber posted:

Help! Sister in Law thinks she is being proposed to on Christmas

I know they said the puppy is not a prop and they won't get rid of it but from that story that puppy is 100% a prop and they will get rid of it when he doesn't propose with it. It will probably destroy the relationship too but since the SIL only sees a living thing as a prop gently caress her. I hope the BIL gets rid of her and keeps the puppy.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

WIBTA if I refused to share the cost from a car accident during a road trip I was on?
I would not hesitate to split the cost if the accident had been caused by something outside of her control or a light mistake that could have happened to anyone.
Wait, really? I always thought the accepted practice is that if you’re driving, you’re expected to be in control and pay for repairs if something goes wrong. Unless it was something where the passenger caused the accident by grabbing the wheel as a “joke” or whatever.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

lol wtf is this

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The guy who tried to give away the hamster is a monster. The person getting that attached to an animal that lives for 2 years is not a monster, but in for some serious hurting pretty soon.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Propaniac posted:

Holiday gift exchanges are the worst. My wife just went to a yankee swap (I think? It's the one where someone can steal what you get) and she absolutely loved the thing she picked out and said so out loud but someone still stole it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Hellblazer187 posted:

The guy who tried to give away the hamster is a monster. The person getting that attached to an animal that lives for 2 years is not a monster, but in for some serious hurting pretty soon.
I've heard people say they had to stop keeping pet rats because rats are smart enough to have a ton of personality but only live healthily for like 2 years so it's just a chain of getting seriously personally attached and then grieving.

Still better than getting a parrot that outlives you imo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Her father ruined my gf's Christmas and I'm fed up of his bullshit.

Throwaway because gf knows my reddit account, she doesn’t frequent r/relationships however so I should be ok?

Me: M24

Her: F25

Hey all, Ive got a bit of a conundrum so hopefully someone can give me some logical advice. Apologies for the length.

Side note: if it’s in quotation marks, it’s either a copy-paste from messenger or a quote from the phone call.

Background:
Me and my gf have been together for nearly 4 years now and all is pretty good. Bar some fights and the usual tantrums (from the both of us) we are pretty drat solid and working on bettering ourselves - losing weight, saving money all those wonderful adult things.

Little under 2 years ago we moved away from her parents (we were living with them during my last year of uni) and got a place together near my parents who live around 8 hours away. It was 'mainly' because of job opportunities were better here, but having family nearby helps.

Her parents are, IMO, a little old school. They are quite controlling over what she does and her father (a military man) pushes strength and - again IMO - has a kind of hatred towards weakness.

For example; my gf suffers from depression, gets the pills has therapy and is coping well. Her father says its all fake and she needs to just stop being sad. That always goes down a treat.

Another example: She is not a small lady, we are aware of our weight issues and are trying, semi-successfully, to deal with them. Her parents method of dealing with this (mom & dad) is to remind her at every opportunity how she is obese and that I'm going to leave her at any moment - I'm not, stop saying that, I'm not that loving shallow.

There are others, such as things that happened when I didn’t know her but I’m trying to keep it to at least within the last 4 years, and I don’t want to just list issues.

The issue:

So, for the last few years we have gone to our families for Christmas - she to hers and me to mine, then New Year’s would be a switch up. This year is no different. She left a couple days ago. Now this in itself I’m... iffy about? She doesn’t exactly get to choose to go home or not - it’s demanded. My mother has offered for her to stay one year and I go the next but it seems to have gone by the wayside.

This year, however, it all went to poo poo.

For relevance sake I should probably say I’m from the UK and we have recently had quite the controversial vote. I don’t care about the politics & I won’t name my opinions, but basically her family have some strong political beliefs and hers don’t exactly match up – it causes tension.

She got home after a long flight and we had previously agreed that she’d call me when she landed (I’m a middle aged woman at heart and I worry), but I didn’t get anything, no problem she’s probably busy. 5 hours later and still nothing, however, as you may imagine I had been blowing up her phone a little by that time, and I was wondering what had happened. Turned out this is what happened:

She’d arrived at the airport and been picked up by her brother, who bar the odd pleasantly was silent the entire ride (about an hour). When she gets home, everyone is pleasant and greets her apart from her father who merely sits there watching TV and says hi. Weird but ok. So theyre all sitting in the living room having a chat while dad watches the news about the resent results, when he turns to the rest to chat politics.

Now I wasn’t there – so all ive got is her messages, but for brevity’s sake ill round it up.

Dad, mom and bro are all talking about how much they like Boris & are glad he won, gf says she doesn’t and explains why, and dad says something weird:

“…he said he would never love me if I was with someone like JC and I was like I don't love JC and he cut me off and was like I would never love you, I would send you out my house and never want to see you again”

This throws her off a little. They talk some more, now a little heated, she won’t tell me everything that was said but it eventually degrades into him standing up and shouting:

“I'm loving angry now! You're making me loving angry! gently caress off!”

Now I ain’t gonna lie, she may have set him off, she can be drat spiteful when she wants to be, but this sets her crying. Which only pisses him off more – this… unfortunately… ive seen before – as he proceeds to tell her to stop crying and just screams at her, which just makes her cry more. Wonderful. Up to the point where she stands up to go to leave, at which point he walks right up to her and squares up to her like hes gonna hit her and says:

“DONT YOU loving LOCK HORNS WITH ME IN MY OWN HOUSE I'll SAY WHAT I loving LIKE TO YOU”

And she runs away, locks herself upstairs and calls me.

Now I dunno what the gently caress to do? Do I go there and bring her back? She says she doesn’t want to leave and they are better now (apparently he said he was snippy cus of lack of sleep – no sorry mind, the man doesn’t apologize). But I’m really starting to hate this guy. Before it was a mild dislike, the odd sexist comment and racist joke – sometimes at my expense (I’m Scottish, which in his eyes means I’m a drunk). Ive talked to my parents about it so some extent, but I just don’t know if it’s my place to out her family as complete assholes – oh should point out that during that encounter the mother was egging him on and brother just ignored the whole exchange.

She won’t leave them, and I won’t force her to, they are her family but they are loving toxic. Or maybe that's just what some families are like? Feels wrong to say that but how the gently caress would I know?

I dunno… I'm just looking for some advice. Or maybe someone with a similar situation – feel like no matter what I do atm I’m loving something up.

TLDR: Gf went home for christmas (8 hours away) and as soon as she arrived got screamed at by her dad for political poo poo - he pulls this poo poo all the time, I'm fed up. WTF do I do?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (ex)GF [24] wants me [26M] to get a tattoo.

Broke up with my GF, but we considered getting back together.

However, she would only get back together me if I got a tattoo with her name as "a sign of committment." I don't have any tattoos, and I never wanted to get any, it would really be out of character for me.

Am I right that this request is immature, possessive in an unhealthy way, and proves that it is a good decision not to get back together with her?

Some extra info on commitment: I never cheated on her (over 3 years), so her craving for a "sign of commitment" does not stem from that.

TL;DR

GF would only get back together with me if I got a tattoo. Is that an obvious red flag?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Speaking of parrots good thing the hamster didn't get stomped

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (ex)GF [24] wants me [26M] to get a tattoo.

Broke up with my GF, but we considered getting back together.

However, she would only get back together me if I got a tattoo with her name as "a sign of committment." I don't have any tattoos, and I never wanted to get any, it would really be out of character for me.

Am I right that this request is immature, possessive in an unhealthy way, and proves that it is a good decision not to get back together with her?

Some extra info on commitment: I never cheated on her (over 3 years), so her craving for a "sign of commitment" does not stem from that.

TL;DR

GF would only get back together with me if I got a tattoo. Is that an obvious red flag?

So I've been away from this thread for a while but good to see the most blatantly obvious life decisions still need to be run by reddit these days.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hellblazer187 posted:

So I've been away from this thread for a while but good to see the most blatantly obvious life decisions still need to be run by reddit these days.
I'm gonna lol when idiot gets the tat and then she laughs in his face.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Speaking of parrots good thing the hamster didn't get stomped
God yeah. Also can I say 'inferior beings' is a red flag on the scale of 'degenerate'? Like gently caress, even if you don't particularly like animals most people can appreciate the impact animals have had on humanity and the joy they give some people, I think, anyone who rants about how animals are inferior and weak are saying they think certain classes of living beings deserve to be neglected and killed because they aren't in a small, artificially inflated category.

What I'm saying is Hitler loved animals but I bet this dude loves Hitler.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I used to mock my dog by wiggling my opposable thumbs at her. She was the superior being though because she mastered making a noise so intolerable it would get her whatever she wanted.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah no one talks like that it's very intelligence as aesthetics energy. Which comes with all sorts of bad poo poo like enjoying Rick and Morty as a pillar of your identity and thinking IQ tests should decide citizenship

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah no one talks like that it's very intelligence as aesthetics energy. Which comes with all sorts of bad poo poo like enjoying Rick and Morty as a pillar of your identity and thinking IQ tests should decide citizenship
Octopi are very intelligent and also don't have capitalism, makes u wonder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for getting a woman flagged as a terrorist?

So I was in the airport late at night, catching a red-eye flight (it’s already past midnight). Despite the late hour, the airport was still surprisingly busy as it’s a main hub. As I was trying to make my way from check-in to security, there’s a Chinese girl (I’m assuming Chinese – she was Asian and I overheard her speaking Mandarin) who was in front of me. She was slowly meandering around in that maddening way, where she always seemed to be cutting me off as I went to pass by her.

The walking wasn’t the issue so much as her randomly stopping every ten seconds to take a photo or to send a Snapchat, effectively stopping the crowd of five or so people piling up behind her).

After the third time she stopped where I nearly bumped into her, I said, “Is that really necessary?” (In the sort of tone, where I said polite words, but there was a strong undercurrent of “what the f*ck are you doing? move.”)

This irked her and she then proceeded to follow me around the airport for a few minutes saying things like “Do you have any friends? Do you not know what snap chat is? Are you a loser?” Initially I tried to ignore her and keep making my way through the airport, after a minute of this, I lost my temper.

So I eventually snapped and said, “Look, either your friends are the most boring people in the world or they’re f*cking terrorists, because no one in their right g×ddamn minds wants to see photos of airport security.”

She looked like I had slapped her, but before anything else was said, a TSA agent approached her and asked her to quietly come with them. They escorted her away and now I’m paranoid I accidentally got a social-media addict in trouble with the government.

So… AITA for my outburst?