Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PantsOptional posted:

RoS is 57 years after the start of the Clone Wars. She'd be 71 if she was still alive.

Not that we know exactly how fast Togruta age. She could be long dead of old age if they age very quickly, though adventure related death seems most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Moon Slayer posted:

TV show easter eggs in Rise of Skywalker were few and far between, basically what's already been discussed in the thread:

You catch a glimpse of the Ghost a few times in the final battle and landing afterwards, and hear Ahsoka's voice for like one line.

Movie was ... okay. I certainly enjoyed it. Some things were concluded satisfactorily, some were not. Here's my scorching hot take: it wasn't as good as The Last Jedi, but only because The Last Jedi was one of the best Star Wars movies.

Yea that's my take too. It's fine, I enjoyed it but some stuff is really cringy, and it's messy. And I don't mean "wait how did that character get there?" kind of nitpicks, just straight up pacing and scene issues.

The Palpatine stuff i'm like that's what you want to do? Okay, that's fine, i guess. I did like Snoke just being some clone thing that Palpatine used to manipulate people and create a vanguard for his own more outwardly Sith forces. THough I don't think we needed to see a vat full of Snokes. I also like Palpatine's giant Warhammer 40,000 style life support system that featured a giant arm so he could move around.

It's about middle of the pack. It's better than the prequels but its certainly the worse of the Sequel trilogy. Which TLJ is the best. I agree with anyone who thinks that Filoni should be given the Fiege position as overlord of Star Wars. Man knows his poo poo, at worse you'll see some of his OCs in stuff, and wolves, but like that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Yea I think they’ll need a Feige-like position for all of it, and Filoni is a great candidate for it.

I wonder if they’ll ever mine the comics for movie or show plots, like Marvel has done? I’d love to see an animated or live scene of the comic where he found out that Luke was his son and he shattered the viewport on a star destroyer in anger.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

It's about middle of the pack. It's better than the prequels but its certainly the worse of the Sequel trilogy. Which TLJ is the best. I agree with anyone who thinks that Filoni should be given the Fiege position as overlord of Star Wars. Man knows his poo poo, at worse you'll see some of his OCs in stuff, and wolves, but like that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Yeah. And while it's find to have new species and whatnot, I feel like FIloni would also give us more recognizable aliens too. Like I feel positive unless Favreau is an even bigger SW nerd than I thought, which is possible, it's Dave going 'no make them a Twi'lek.'

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
give me the lothcat jedi

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

site posted:

give me the lothcat jedi

I mean...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like a very good kitty

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why the gently caress did they expect me to have played Fortnite before watching the new movie?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
because tim sweeny paid them to

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Killed by the Peace Brigade."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NTRabbit was right.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Hux's appearance in the last episode does not jive with what i know of the Rise of Skywalker.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not to sure how much time there is between tlj and RoS, but it looks looks like decent amount of time has passed that could have changed Huxs mind.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not to sure how much time there is between tlj and RoS, but it looks looks like decent amount of time has passed that could have changed Huxs mind.

I don’t know when Resistance takes place now but there’s about a year between TLJ and TRoS.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Liked the Mandalorian? Liked whatever other Star Wars TV shows exist? Make your nominations for the end of year TVIV poll if you're keen. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905825

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t know when Resistance takes place now but there’s about a year between TLJ and TRoS.

the end of season 1 is about current with TFA, leading into season 2 it's mostly pretty close together i think. But iot begins about 6 months or so before TFA

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We star Starkiller base fire, and the ruins of the Resistance base on D'kar, so we're still before RoS if it is a year later.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

Why the gently caress did they expect me to have played Fortnite before watching the new movie?

They don't. Knowing the exact text of the message Palpatine sent out is neat, but ultimately unimportant. "Sheev sent out a message swearing revenge on the galaxy" is in the same category as "The rebels stole the death star plans" or "The trade federation has established a blockade". Its stuff that happened shortly before the film, and it's just background setup.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm catching up from 2x08 resistance.
Why the gently caress do they animate the space battles so goddamn slow in this show. it's like watching evberything at half speed.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

twistedmentat posted:

I also like Palpatine's giant Warhammer 40,000 style life support system that featured a giant arm so he could move around.

That was a high point of the movie for me.

And I say that while rating RoS as a solid 8 or 8.5 and a very worthy conclusion to the whole saga. It had pacing issues early on, but it picked up when they got to the festival and kept getting better. I teared up when Leia lay down to reach out to her son - I knew what it would cost her - and pretty much stayed that way for the rest of the film.

e.

Vintersorg posted:

NTRabbit was right.

Even if that's true, why would you say it ?

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 23, 2019

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
The first part of the movie was a confused, disjointed mess. Everything after Leia lied down was great, but my god if the first half of the movie had lived up, it would have been a classic for the ages.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I disagree, the first half was good, and then they very transparently hit a wall where Carrie Fischer died IRL and then you can tell the story falls apart.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Did anyone spot the Colossus in the space battle? Allegedly it's there somewhere.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's was going to be there but Kaz tripped in the control room and accidentally warped them to into the Maw

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Bust Rodd posted:

I disagree, the first half was good, and then they very transparently hit a wall where Carrie Fischer died IRL and then you can tell the story falls apart.

I would have loved to see TLJ being an expanded version of the first half of this movie; Kylo goes on a race to uncover the truth that Palps is behind the First Order, gets a visit from Grandpa's Force Ghost, and reaches out to the Resistance to battle the greater threat. Something along those lines. Of course, I also think it would have been neat for the ending of TFA to be Rey getting to Arach-To or whatever it's called, and finding Luke's grave. Then open TLJ with Luke's Force Ghost being like 'Took you long enough to get here, young lady. We have a lot of work to do.' I'd have loved to see a TLJ where Luke still espouses the idea that the Jedi/Sith dichotomy must end, but more from a position of strength and wisdom than from fear and abandonment.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they should release the final episode of mando immediately to wash the bad taste of ros away imo

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Azhais posted:

It's was going to be there but Kaz tripped in the control room and accidentally warped them to into the Maw

Classic Kaz.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you know, i tried starting the new resistance episode but having seen and being utterly disappointed by ros i actually find myself no longer being interested in seeing how this turns out at all

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've just read the last issue of Doomsday Clock and it makes RoS look like a well crafted work.

God drat Geoff Johns stop making my name bad.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Madurai posted:

Did anyone spot the Colossus in the space battle? Allegedly it's there somewhere.

I didn't notice it, but didn't know to look for it. The space battle scenes are extremely chaotic and messy. It's amazing you can pick out the Ghost in several of the scenes at all.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's definitely a blink and you miss it cameo from the Ghost, same as when it showed up in Rogue One.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Zebulon posted:

I didn't notice it, but didn't know to look for it. The space battle scenes are extremely chaotic and messy. It's amazing you can pick out the Ghost in several of the scenes at all.

Shadow Caster, Sabine's friend's ship from Rebels, is also in there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hera would only be in her 60s by this point, she's totally still piloting the Ghost through pitched battle.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/unartifex/status/1206821853869641728

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Chopper couldn’t pass up a chance to try and even the kill count between him and R2.

I mean, he won’t even come close to R2’s numbers, but there will be significantly fewer imperials roaming around either way :getin:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't think its a spoiler to say things that didn't happen, especially if they were out there hopes, but I had hoped to of seen an squad of Mandorlians in the final battle. Star Wars like Marvel, are things I want to see lots of fanservice and easter eggs.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Everything else aside, the dialogue was atrocious in RoS. Moreso than normal.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was explaining to my friends that Finn’s main job in my head movies is to look directly at the camera during explosions and say “WOOOO!” and the first time he does that they all burst out giggling because it was like maybe 10 minutes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

I don't think its a spoiler to say things that didn't happen, especially if they were out there hopes, but I had hoped to of seen an squad of Mandorlians in the final battle. Star Wars like Marvel, are things I want to see lots of fanservice and easter eggs.

i wish star wars was like marvel in that the mcu actually has a coherent plan from one movie to the next