Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

In a similar vein to Sonic erotica, I'm passing the Christmas season by writing about Cats.

e: needless to say, this pays the cat tax.

Jose posted:

Only lost an hour on this trip to Norwich which owns as a city imo it's just a nightmare to get to/from

Lisa Nandy will not be impressed.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5r1GNwgyWA

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

I've only been properly hammering the cans since Friday. But Jose's train pain reminds me why I eventually said "gently caress this, I'm learning to drive", mainly because once I did, I could drive home after work, have some dinner, have a shower then drive up to my (then) girlfriend's in Suffolk via the living hell that is the M25 stretch between the M4 and M1 which is never not busy, and still get there at the same time I would if I had to struggle by on three trains and a tube from Staines through London

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Apraxin posted:

The president’s personal attorney, everyone.

hell it's not like the actual president is holding up any better

https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/1208818305097781249

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Mr_Considerate/status/1209132165809790977?s=19

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I wonder how much of the membership actually buys any of this

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
UK: Far left
Labour: Stalinists
Tories: Troskyites

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I claim this thread as territory for the Mensheviks

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I click the Fund Anarchist Rebels button on this province

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

The SWP and CPGB-ML are the dominant tendencies on the British left

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'm trying my hardest to revive the RCP to corner the smug contrarian shithead market though

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Maoism has proven its electability and must be adopted if the Labour party is to progress

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Azza Bamboo posted:

Maoism has proven its electability and must be adopted if the Labour party is to progress

Mao-Spontex or we burn the country

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Continuity RCP posted:

I'm trying my hardest to revive the RCP to corner the smug contrarian shithead market though
If that means more Brendan O'Neill in the news I'm joining the loving Hoxhaists instead.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Guavanaut posted:

If that means more Brendan O'Neill in the news I'm joining the loving Hoxhaists instead.

He was never RCP proper

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As a posadist the only issues I care about are the unilateral deployment of britain's nuclear weapons and talking to aliens and that's why I'm voting jo swinson.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Basically there's like 3 actual RCP people still around, the rest were occasional LM contributors or part of front groups

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wasn't the RCP 90% front groups even at its prime? Most of their contact with the outside world was LM and the Institute of Bad Ideas.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

As a posadist the only issues I care about are the unilateral deployment of britain's nuclear weapons and talking to aliens and that's why I'm voting jo swinson.

Splitter! :argh: Hoxhaism-Posadism is the way. We build the bunkers and then we nuke the capitalists.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Guavanaut posted:

Wasn't the RCP 90% front groups even at its prime? Most of their contact with the outside world was LM and the Institute of Bad Ideas.

They had a weird structure where a tiny minority were actually members and most were "supporters" and of the actual membership only Furedi, Fox and Heartfield are still really politically active

People like Brendan O'Neil and Munira Mirza got involved after the RCP proper started to wind down

The RCP itself was the last group on the old British "left" to get hundreds of actual members. They were going strong right up until they decided to commit organisational suicide

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 23, 2019

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jose posted:

Only lost an hour on this trip to Norwich which owns as a city imo it's just a nightmare to get to/from

Norwich is a cool medieval city that's probably survived because it's been off the beaten track since the early modern period. Why are you there on almost xmas eve?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
sorry thread, this is kind of my thing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Norwich is a cool medieval city that's probably survived because it's been off the beaten track since the early modern period. Why are you there on almost xmas eve?

My parents live here

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Norwich is really cool and has a pretty left culture, with lots of correct people living there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jose posted:

My parents live here

My mate's from Norwich. Do you know him?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

Hoxhaism-Posadism
CPGPO

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
My radical remainer brother is inviting me to various remain groups on FB. As the posts I've seen so far are calling for the return of D Milliband and rubbishing RLB and momentum, I am not joining them! But unless Johnson is struck down on the road to whatever the brexit version of Damascus is, we're leaving, deal or no deal. Or am I wrong?

Anyway fellow threaders - here are some numbers which might come in handy over the holidays:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Isomermaid posted:

Norwich is really cool and has a pretty left culture, with lots of correct people living there

The only person I know from Norwich is extremely right wing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guav, any chance we can get these in the OP?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Quick stop off at the linton travel tavern.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

OwlFancier posted:

Swinson is more of a fan of deporting aliens than talking to them

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Guav, any chance we can get these in the OP?
I've put them in next to Angepain's Your Health And You section in case anyone makes the mistake of reading my OPs after the first page goes by.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

StarkingBarfish posted:

Swinson is more of a fan of deporting aliens than talking to them

Swinson's worst nightmare - squirrel aliens:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The only person I know from Norwich is extremely right wing.

There's alsorts everywhere I guess, I mean I know one massive fucknut thread favourite who lives there but there's some good lefty groups and community organisations and witches and I feel a poo poo ton safer walking around there than my home town.

Partly cos you can see people coming cos Norfolk so flat. But yeah I love it it's just crossing the swamp for hours to get there

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Swinson's worst nightmare - squirrel aliens:

"Would you nuke it from orbit if-"
"Yes. It's the only way to be sure."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rarity posted:

My mate's from Norwich. Do you know him?

My parents don't actually live in Norwich they live in a village a half hour drive from it so no. If he has a boat on the broads then possibly

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jose posted:

My parents don't actually live in Norwich they live in a village a half hour drive from it so no. If he has a boat on the broads then possibly

Is it Bungay?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

storm's a-comin'

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1209248371438968835

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This woman is foul.

edit: changed to a pic

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 24, 2019