Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Party Plane Jones posted:

is that what this is now? it's weird that my views have changed in the two weeks since i threatened to quit over fyad's trashheap of a thread. or the week since i posted the announcement where transphobic poo poo will end up with you being drummed out in short order

Stop wait. no. don't go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

unwantedplatypus posted:

Then stop loving posting until you’ve caught up.

Here, let me mod for you since you don’t know how.

“Sorry I was extremely busy and missed all the issues happening here until just now. I’m catching up on everything, and will make a post later to discuss this”

Unmod PPJ
Mod UPP

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

wow these certainly are a lot of words to read

I'm coming out of lurking to say that PPJ sucks and should be demodded. And I like their tweetdumps.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Feinne posted:

So I mean what we're hearing here is that SA isn't safe for trans people to post in, and we should all consider ourselves unwelcome.

Certainly feels that way, if these are the mods we have to deal with.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Did you forget that I did a thing before? How dare you insinuate I am not good.

Jaramin posted:

I'm coming out of lurking to say that PPJ sucks and should be demodded. And I like their tweetdumps.

:same:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

this is wrong actually it has a place in tradgames and the leper's colony, I'm afraid

see what you can do to sort it out

it's weird that when posters kramer into the tg fascist thread where beer got so much poo poo, the actual trans poster who was originally aggrieved by him and called him out 6 months ago had accepted his apology and told them to drop it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

i threatened to quit

what a loss for the forums that you didn't follow through

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

is that what this is now? it's weird that my views have changed in the two weeks since i threatened to quit over fyad's trashheap of a thread. or the week since i posted the announcement where transphobic poo poo will end up with you being drummed out in short order

let me be clear: transphobia has no place on something awful, or in d&d

Then why is it explicitly being given one?

Remove the absurdly unwarranted probation, get an admin to demod and perma beer, and stop loving silencing trans posters for having the gall to be mad about extremely obvious transphobia.

Jesus loving christ, dude, this poo poo ain't hard. If you aren't up to the job then loving resign.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lifehack: rescind the probation, and you won't have to read lots of words

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Imagine being an admin and not being utterly embarrassed by this behavior from a mod.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Hey can you count? Have you seen all the trans posters in this thread. I don’t give a gently caress what one person thinks

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

ah well close the thread then, this is all a big misunderstanding

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

This is what you are doing instead of reading up on the thread and trying to understand what peoples criticisms of you are?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hurt one of us by way of transphobia, you hurt us all. Beer is hardly off the hook.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

O you’ve had time to read that already then

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Are you loving kidding me

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I mean this mod had a whole loving thread in QCS about what a shitbird he his but anyway here's a post from earlier today

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Oh Snapple! posted:

Imagine being an admin and not being utterly embarrassed by this behavior from a mod.

No, see this is all C-SPAM forums invading. Despite y'know, C-SPAM being part of the Something Awful Forums along with D&D

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
"Transphobia has no place on SA"

"Well except here because one aggrieved party forgave it"

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Uh dude, using a trans individuals actions as a shield is perhaps the biggest :yikes: conceivable in this situation. That individual is certainly entitled to their own forgiveness, but that doesn't make beers actions free of transgression, and absolutely does not preclude other people getting angry at him for those transgressions.

if you're intention is to address your criticisms in good faith this is the exact opposite of actions you should be pursuing

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Dig up, stupid.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

One trans person's contradictory opinion does not invalidate the rest of us trans people.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

sean10mm posted:

"Throw gasoline on the fire" is a uh interesting tactic here. :stare:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I cannot believe this is the opening gambit from PPJ on resolving this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hi did you know that that poster happens to also have a history of being really lovely toward other trans folks on these forums and even just got off of probation for such? Why the gently caress would you use their voice as the sole one that matters when determining what to do about a mod who has been blatantly transphobic?

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

TTerrible posted:

I cannot believe this is the opening gambit from PPJ on resolving this.

QCS is closed, what is anyone going to do?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Step down you sack of poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A bizarre hill to die on, but if I must defend my own posts, so be it.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

A big flaming stink posted:

Uh dude, using a trans individuals actions as a shield is perhaps the biggest :yikes: conceivable in this situation. That individual is certainly entitled to their own forgiveness, but that doesn't make beers actions free of transgression.

if you're intention is to address you're criticisms in good faith this is the exact opposite of actions you should be pursuing

Transposters who have dealt with PPJ in the past know that this attitude you are seeing from him here is just par for the course.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

PPJ, your response is just so incredibly bad I can't even begin to describe it, jfc.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
What a lovely little tra**y hating culture Beer has in that thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Literally the, "My trans friend said it was ok" defense

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
No you see, I have a black friend and he said it was totally OK to say that....what??

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Wow so the trans person who was specifically being abused agreed to forgive it in order to stop the abuse and we're all supposed to be okay with it now, great!

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011

it's weird that when transpeople and other alleged allies post in this thread they don't feel the need to be smug assholes about it. must be something with them

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Valleyant posted:

Literally the, "My trans friend said it was ok" defense

This poo poo is so loving embarrassing.

PPJ, just resign.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Responding to an entire community speaking up against you with The One Neat Trick To Make Them Shut Up isn't really a good look, dude

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is all very dramatic!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

This poo poo is so loving embarrassing.

PPJ, just resign.

This but angrier and louder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses