Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I looked at the poll and lol zero people picked steyer

Sestak, Bullock, and Castro got less than five people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Sapozhnik posted:

Man I still don't get this line of thinking at all.

It's pretty simple, usually. They believe "I'm one of the good ones" and often "if we just stop the 'bad' ones, white people will stop being racist".

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

shut up, nerd

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

is it ever possible for a debate team kid to turn out ok or are they doomed to become insufferable logic dorks

policy debate has degenerated into auctioneer training

quote:

As Policy Debate grew in popularity, the more Machiavellian debaters attempted to gain an edge by overwhelming their opponents with as many arguments and as much supporting evidence as possible. This was because if a team “dropped” an argument by its opponent—if it did not respond to the other side’s claim—that argument was conceded as “true,” no matter how inane it was. Chief among the strategies exploiting this rule was “spreading” (a combination of “speed” and “reading”), where debaters would rattle off arguments at a blistering pace. Their speeches often exceeded 300 words per minute. (A conversational pace is about 60 per minute.)

Debaters started formulating outlandish arguments. The more apocalyptic the outcome the better, with little care for the argument’s probability or real-world application. “A new retirement program will trigger a nuclear war.” “Prison overcrowding would cause the destruction of the ozone layer.” High school debate had come to this.

it is literally worthless

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

loquacius posted:

first off, lol

second off, lol that I was foolish enough to think he'd back Bernie, then go "hm he IS white though so maybe Warren?"

and lastly lol that they didn't put her name in the headline

My guess was Bloomberg.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i guessed bernie. i forgot tulsi still was running

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
sheesh I wonder how many more times I can reopen that thread before the bell tolls for me

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

Bernie praising the CIA over indigenous leaders in the global south. Not a good look.

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1209224675651465219

This is a good post and should not go unacknowledged

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Tunicate posted:

The strange thing is that pride keeps anyone from get through to participants by criticizing anything like this. The trophy is like a sacred object in a cult. If you question it, you're just jealous that you didn't obtain access to the Artifact of Wisdom.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tetracube posted:

Obama put himself in a position where he can't say anything without damaging his legacy lol

turns out when your legacy is as fragile as Obama’s, it’s difficult not to damage it while you are still alive.

I’m also not sure what his “legacy” even is. I’m pretty he is the first black president and nothing more.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

galenanorth posted:

The strange thing is that pride keeps anyone from get through to participants by criticizing anything like this. The trophy is like a sacred object in a cult. If you question it, you're just jealous that you didn't obtain access to the Artifact of Wisdom.

yea, its a mental illness and abuse imo to contort your brain into faulty unquestioning logic like this

thats meritocracy for you, gotta perform to the teacher's standards as a pet

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
what legacy, lol

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

sheesh I wonder how many more times I can reopen that thread before the bell tolls for me

Your sacrifice will be noted in the annals of C-SPAM history.

Unless we get distracted and forget.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
can anyone tell me why I shouldn't be surprised about kuchinich? The only thing I know about him is 15 years old.

OK Boomer
Sep 2, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She and I share a similar, nostalgic feeling for Oklahoma City and our achievements there.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Sure I'm a healthcare exec but if you set aside my home and 401(k), I technically have less than $1m in the bank. So basically,

I'd bet my paltry IRA that his entire fortune is under a family trust, and technically not "his." (Nor technically his family's, because a trust is a standalone entity.)

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

turns out when your legacy is as fragile as Obama’s, it’s difficult not to damage it while you are still alive.

I’m also not sure what his “legacy” even is. I’m pretty he is the first black president and nothing more.

If you're in the lib bubble, you still are being told to believe things like:

• His response to the Great Recession prevented it from being another depression.
  • The AMA may not have been ideal, but it increased the coverage numbers therefore it's a good step.
  • He got a Nobel Peace Prize for legitimate reasons and toned down the Forever War.
  • He killed Osama Bin Laden, which was an obvious victory in the War on Terror.

They will hold on to this forever. Even if you point out how much bullshit this is, they'll say you're just trying to minimize the first black President.

E: They will also fall back on "he's still widely popular, especially among black people and we can't lose them!"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 23:52 on Mar 3, 2020

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

it's trump, op

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
no one really talks about Osama.

I guess since it didn’t really do anything it kind of lost its luster.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Tunicate posted:

i had a high school class that involved a debate? it might have been debate? all i remember is i was supposed to debate about weed so i came up with pro-legalization points but then was told i had to argue the anti position and i had nothing. teach said words about the ~spirit of discourse~ and i was like, I can't take a contrary position, there are no legit contrary points, its unfair to ask me to debate from a position i neither agree with nor has a legit leg to stand on if youre unwilling to literally lie to people and he was like, tough poo poo kid

so in front of a class of my peers i put up a stellar rebuttal of shrugging and going "yeah he's right" to all my opponents points

i probably didnt do well in that class, gradewise, but it did bother me that debate was just like, something akin to a team sport where youre expected to just be fine with slapping on a different jersey

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

OK Boomer posted:

She and I share a similar, nostalgic feeling for Oklahoma City and our achievements there.

did you literally make an entire account just for this loving post :eyepop:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
when the succzones inspiration through the posters blood shall run
there can be no greater power on a dumb dead gay forum
but what force on earth is weaker
than a keyboard full of cum
but the c-spam makes us strong

chorus: tormp and crack and ping forever x3 for the cspam makes us strong

(thank you everyone who yelled and shouted about that bullshit rear end probe, i love you all, and may your child, be a masculine child)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

whoa

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:yeshaha:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they weren't kidding when they said benghazi 2 ain't going away.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

"online leftists" knocking on every door

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
CSPAM grows ever stronger

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

is posting direct action? is this an example of direct action getting the goods?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Benghazi 1 took out one mod, but Benghazi 2... might take out two.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Willa Rogers posted:

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

is c-spam the most powerful subforum

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

lmao

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

may your child, be a masculine child

actually lock her back up

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

I nearly spit out my drink.

OK Boomer
Sep 2, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chillgamesh posted:

did you literally make an entire account just for this loving post :eyepop:

I can't miss a layup opportunity like that

My account will be complete once an admin sets my reg date to 4/19/95

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

actually lock her back up

its a godfather reference you swine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

when the succzones inspiration through the posters blood shall run
there can be no greater power on a dumb dead gay forum
but what force on earth is weaker
than a keyboard full of cum
but the c-spam makes us strong

chorus: tormp and crack and ping forever x3 for the cspam makes us strong

(thank you everyone who yelled and shouted about that bullshit rear end probe, i love you all, and may your child, be a masculine child)

hell yeah welcome back