Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Palpatine has grandchildren. Confirmed gotta wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
why are nerds angry about thisbi thought it was just as star warsy as any other star wars. are they just mad because girl stronk and you dont see her things? yikes

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
For real though, he was at least like 50 at the start of Phantom Menace and a senator. At the very least he would've had a wife to help him get elected and at most he would've been banging the interns.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Palpy hosed that blue horned caterpillar senator guy that was always next to him.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Been thinking back over my childhood media preferences, and it's funny how much poo poo I lost interest in once I got a car. Things like Shenmue and KOTOR were great when I was 15 and the only interesting places I could walk/bike to in the Michigan exurbs were the library and mall. I've had my own car for long enough to get bored with the prospect of driving almost anywhere in this hell state, and I have even less interest in exploration when it's in a completely non-threatening video game or movie form. I get little out of movies or games that can't be bothered to have anything to say about society or the human condition. The sights and sounds of actors barely pretending to be interested in front of a blue screen are no longer acceptable stimuli for my dopamine dispensers.

tl;dr if you like Star Wars then you need to get a fuckin job, nerd

olives black fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 24, 2019

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Sourdough Sam posted:

Palpy hosed that blue horned caterpillar senator guy that was always next to him.

Gnarled driftwood cock absolutely turgid with midochlorians.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*palpatine voice* MAHHHYE WYFEEE

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dudeness posted:

For real though, he was at least like 50 at the start of Phantom Menace and a senator. At the very least he would've had a wife to help him get elected and at most he would've been banging the interns.

it was the bald cylinder woman

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Force vibrating his entire milky white old man penis like the head of a hitachi magic wand

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ewan McGregor, leaving her apartment the minute he wakes up the next morning, “Sorry baby. Jedi code. No attachments, so....”

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

*Red Leader voice as I bust my space nut*

"Negative. It didn't go in. Just impacted on the surface."

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Stimulating Watto's nose with undulating gyrating waves of tickling caress and firm grip until he releases...his slaves into my care

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

*Red Leader voice as I bust my space nut*

"Negative. It didn't go in. Just impacted on the surface."

Into the garbage chute, flyboy

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

revwinnebago posted:

Rey has the bring people back to life power. Palpatine was right.

After how much of the basis of the story was on this being horse poo poo this healing touch bullshit really marked to me that they don’t care any more.

Burns
May 10, 2008

dudeness posted:

Palpatine confirmed for a Clinton?

Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Sourdough Sam posted:

Into the garbage chute, flyboy

I don't care what you smell!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

I don't care what you smell!

You came in that thing? Eh... too easy

Aug 3, 2014

Sourdough Sam posted:

He's got too much of his father in him.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*inarticulate Wookiee screaming*

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Palp makes all his lovers call him The Senate in bed

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Still laughing at the fact that Palpatine's son is just some random nameless bum without Force affinity and Rey is arbitrarily like the strongest Force user ever :laugh:

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Still laughing at the fact that Palpatine's son is just some random nameless bum without Force affinity and Rey is arbitrarily like the strongest Force user ever :laugh:

Force sensitivity is a dominant gene. One would think Ben Solo is only ¹/2 as strong with the force. But every Skywalker child proves as strong, actually stronger than their parents. Kind of bullshit.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

The ONLY way this makes sense is that while Rey's dad was alive there were also a lot of jedi being trained at Luke's academy, so the force wasnt concentrated into one person. At the beginning of TFA most of the jedi have been killed by Kylo and his crew and Luke has abandoned the force so it latches onto Rey to counter Palpatine's or Kylo's growing power. Dumb but probably the only thing that makes some sense.

Her dad might have been force sensitive, or scared to use his powers so his dad didnt find him, who knows? I'm positive we'll get some sort of comic about what happened with him at some point.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
7th son of the 7th son is a forceror and this is why jedis don't gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

7th son of the 7th son is a forceror and this is why jedis don't gently caress

Ur a wizzard, heir Rey

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

olives black posted:

Been thinking back over my childhood media preferences, and it's funny how much poo poo I lost interest in once I got a car. Things like Shenmue and KOTOR were great when I was 15 and the only interesting places I could walk/bike to in the Michigan exurbs were the library and mall. I've had my own car for long enough to get bored with the prospect of driving almost anywhere in this hell state, and I have even less interest in exploration when it's in a completely non-threatening video game or movie form. I get little out of movies or games that can't be bothered to have anything to say about society or the human condition. The sights and sounds of actors barely pretending to be interested in front of a blue screen are no longer acceptable stimuli for my dopamine dispensers.

tl;dr if you like Star Wars then you need to get a fuckin job, nerd

I, too, am insufferable.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Sometimes these things skip a generation. Like hair color or musical talent.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Just Chamber posted:

The ONLY way this makes sense is that while Rey's dad was alive there were also a lot of jedi being trained at Luke's academy, so the force wasnt concentrated into one person. At the beginning of TFA most of the jedi have been killed by Kylo and his crew and Luke has abandoned the force so it latches onto Rey to counter Palpatine's or Kylo's growing power. Dumb but probably the only thing that makes some sense.

Her dad might have been force sensitive, or scared to use his powers so his dad didnt find him, who knows? I'm positive we'll get some sort of comic about what happened with him at some point.

It could also just be bad writing.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Resting Lich Face posted:

I, too, am insufferable.

:sympathy:

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I saw some image macro thing of all the people from ROTJ and then summing up their story up until TFA. Like “Han solo was a failure of a husband and a father and then was killed by his son” “Luke has a misunderstanding with his nephew over almost killing him. He then dies distracting the main bad guy for one hour.” Etc

Where can I find this work of art again please it may have been this thread even

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

duck trucker posted:

It could also just be bad writing.

Oh it is it's terrible. I'm just trying to think of the one thing that makes sense, like if say i was going to write the novelization of these movies or whatever. I dont think they thought it through at all. Some actual decent comic writer will probably have to fill in the gaps.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Sourdough Sam posted:

The target shaft is only two meters wide.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Luke used to bullseye that back home

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

And I thought they smelled bad on the outside.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

poisonpill posted:

Luke used to bullseye that back home

That's why they called him "Biggs".

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Lmao

Burn so hard they should call you anakin

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

At least a couple of the comic beats were actually not overcooked. I got a sensible chuckle out of Ben pulling a lightsaber out of his hat when he was getting his rear end beat by the Knights and making a "yeah now what binch" kind of gesture.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My favorite part of the movie was Lando taking a moment to hit on the hot ex-stormtrooper lady a third of his age in the middle of the celebration scene.

Aug 3, 2014

Let's blow this guy and get out of here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

I lolled at the big vat of snokes. Palps needed a taller uglier version of himself to start the new empire. They had no idea what to do with that character.