Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I still like best when the Hon. Otis Wright said “Being a lawyer is not for you. I want you to resign from the profession,” and the guy said “I will not do that,” and then the judge said “ok, then I’ll take care of it for you!”

:clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I can't imagine how I would feel if I had a federal judge say that he would do everything in his power to remove me from the profession.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 22, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't imagine how I would feel if I had a federal judge say that he would do everything in his power to remove me from the profession.

That's when you just go into real estate.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Law Megathread: tell you what, slick, this profession does not need you

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'll be a little contrarian, and say Bravo to Cpt. Hook for showing up (eventually), falling on his sword for the clients, and ultimately taking his rear end chewing like a man.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

blarzgh posted:

I'll be a little contrarian, and say Bravo to Cpt. Hook for showing up (eventually), falling on his sword for the clients, and ultimately taking his rear end chewing like a man.

i mean, he didn't fall on his sword for his clients. he tried to throw his clients under the bus by submitting a reply in their name defending his conduct, they showed up and said holy poo poo we didn't know anything about this, he is so fired, and he continued to try to argue his hilariously wrong legal arguments about how nobody could prove he didn't write the emails until he was shouted down by the judge

he wanted to argue his points but he was terrified into silence, he didn't make a decision to take the rear end chewing like a man

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

evilweasel posted:

i mean, he didn't fall on his sword for his clients. he tried to throw his clients under the bus by submitting a reply in their name defending his conduct, they showed up and said holy poo poo we didn't know anything about this, he is so fired, and he continued to try to argue his hilariously wrong legal arguments about how nobody could prove he didn't write the emails until he was shouted down by the judge

he wanted to argue his points but he was terrified into silence, he didn't make a decision to take the rear end chewing like a man

It’s this, the guy was a tool and then tried to weasel out of it with bullshit arguments, and got utterly annihilated when he actually had to make those arguments in person and not hiding behind a keyboard. Had he not brought their families into it, I’m guessing they would have rolled their eyes and then he would have been a total coward in person after telling those guys he would tattoo their faces and waterboard their clients—during the deposition he would pretend like he’d never called them cocksuckers and gay boys, and then he would go back to being the navy SEAL pipe hitting killer over email.

The fact that he didn’t announce himself until halfway through completely guts any claim that he was contrite or accepting of responsibility.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Hoshi posted:

Law Megathread: tell you what, slick, this profession does not need you

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Yeah no, he was trying to see if the judge would let it go if he was fired.

He just figured out if the court had to do another order for him to appear it would somehow be even worse.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Hann v R posted:

"[O]n the facts accepted by the prosecution and the Magistrate, the offending could only be described as minor. The use of a locked [public] toilet to masturbate is bizarre and socially unacceptable but not an offence."

Just another day for Chief Justice Kourakis: http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/sa/SASC//2019/213.html

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Picked up Witcher 3 on game pass so now I really feel like a lawgoon

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I've been playing Switch Lite Breath of the Wild instead of working.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I got to bounce from work at noon and watched some of The Witcher on Netflix.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toona the Cat posted:

Picked up Witcher 3 on game pass so now I really feel like a lawgoon

Literally the best decision you've ever made.

Splurge for the DLC. Blood and Wine might be even better than the main game, and it's drat near as long.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

I got to bounce from work at noon and watched some of The Witcher on Netflix.

Is this good? I don’t know Jack about the books.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is this good? I don’t know Jack about the books.

I’ve only played TW3, so it’s a bit hard to follow because I only know who about half the people are. Cavill’s a good Geralt though. The rest of the casting for characters you’ll know from the game is good too. There are noticeable budget constraints. It’s only 8 episodes (I’m through 5), so it’s not a huge investment.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Witcher game is hyper overrated I am currently looking for my waifu in Stardew Valley fight me.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

blarzgh posted:

Literally the best decision you've ever made.

Splurge for the DLC. Blood and Wine might be even better than the main game, and it's drat near as long.

I am playing on dad mode and still dying easily. :(

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Toona the Cat posted:

I am playing on dad mode and still dying easily. :(

Give it some time. The game is pretty unforgiving until you figure it out, both the actual sword fighting (dodging and rolling are essential) and the inventory/potions/oils and stuff. Always equip oils and potions before big fights and always match up your weapons and magic with the monsters you’re fighting. Also the quests (story and otherwise) are awesome and there are tons of them, you don’t have to just futz around unless you want to.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
The fighting isn’t very hard once you figure it out, the difficulty is more tedious that anything. Also the skellig island area has a bunch of boring rear end poo poo swimming question marks just skip that poo poo

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

I am gonna pick up TW3 at some point. I finally reached the epilogue of RDR2 and still have to finish Fallen Order though.

Keeping up with games is hard.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I already know Toona's going to wind up handcuffed to a bed.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Post of the century

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Discendo Vox posted:

:vince:

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
...again??

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

SlyFrog posted:

Witcher game is hyper overrated I am currently looking for my waifu in Stardew Valley fight me.

Penny every time.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

:holymoley:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Hahahahah

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

TheMadMilkman posted:

Penny every time.

I accidentally wound up with Elliott this time and I'm rolling with it.

Happy Christmas/Wednesday, lawgoons.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Witcher 3 is so last year

Y'all gotta disco your elysiums ASAP

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
witcher 3 is on switch tho, the only console you can play in the office with your door closed while you tell people you're on a call

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Good Yule, you miserable cretins! Remember to observe the holiday traditions, blood sacrifice a lamb to Odin and hvítakristr (whitechrist) and paint your door lest the Oskorei, the riders of the wild hunt come in the night and claim your soul this yuletide!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Witcher 3 is so last year

Y'all gotta disco your elysiums ASAP

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

TheMadMilkman posted:

Penny every time.

But Abigail plays videogames with me. :ohdear:

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
yay i get to work on christmas

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Man now I'm jonesing for some Witcher action

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Some dudes stole a woman’s frying pan and used it to make ink and I figured I had to track it down somewhere on the map. It was on her stove. :effort:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The first 15-20 hrs are a bit of a slog bc you want to be thorough and it’s a peasant misery simulator. The game hooks you about halfway through Velen.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Also there’s nothing stopping you stealing a sailboat and cruising up the coast until you get to Novigrad (just don’t stop on the coast because red skulled monsters will wreck your poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Don’t even need a boat. Just ride Roach to the river and swim across. Is there really any value to sequence breaking though? There are some low level quests in Novigrad, but you’re not going to get or be able to use better gear. Plus you miss the best quest sequence in the main game.