Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/kaaauthor/status/1209165595771592704?s=21

animorphs confirmed as best YA 90s fiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im so used to authors being full of themselves on twitter this humility is really catching me offguard

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NotE0157H7/status/1208913533007581184

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The goddamn 1-2 punch of that image and then the Twitter name of the guy posting it.

Glad to see KA Applegate is cool, although I still don't forgive her for traumatizing 10 year old me by killing off all of my favorite characters that I had been reading about for 3 years.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

StashAugustine posted:

Rogue One is the only new star war I have a desire to see again

i'm seeing this hot take appear oover and over. Does it actually get better on rewatch?

actually the reviews weren't too bad so maybe i'm alone in not liking it, but all i remember about the film is the blind guy played by Donnie Yen and the final fight in the bahamas

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Bedshaped posted:

i'm seeing this hot take appear oover and over. Does it actually get better on rewatch?

actually the reviews weren't too bad so maybe i'm alone in not liking it, but all i remember about the film is the blind guy played by Donnie Yen and the final fight in the bahamas

it was a mediocre heist movie. it's better than the majority of the canon nine-ology films by sheer fact that it has almost nothing to do with any of the skywalker clan or their shenanigans, all of the main characters die, and ends with darth vader ominously whipping rear end

if it were completely unrelated to star wars i don't think anyone would give two shits about it, but since the majority of the star wars franchise is not very good, it appears to be better by comparison

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rogue one would have been better if they hadn't cut out all of forest whittakers scenes

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
extremely late but Bad Day at Black Rock is v good. Though as far as noirish westerns go I will always go with Johnny Guitar. If you want another all around quintessential film noir that ticks all the boxes like Double Indemnity, check out Where the Sidewalk Ends.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bedshaped posted:

I mean yeah its not great but, uh, exactly what you said- the fight scenes are good and the monk is cool. There are better action movies but its fine and I'm incredibly gay for star wars so that moves it up a bit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

And yeah its a shame they chickened out on making the protagonist part of the space Taliban

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

extremely late but Bad Day at Black Rock is v good. Though as far as noirish westerns go I will always go with Johnny Guitar. If you want another all around quintessential film noir that ticks all the boxes like Double Indemnity, check out Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Never was there a man like my Johnny

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1209306963261063169?s=21

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Stairmaster posted:

Rogue one would have been better if they hadn't cut out all of forest whittakers scenes

also if the movie slowed down for like one second to develop any of the characters at all

everyone dying would have had more weight if i gave a poo poo about any of them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

And yeah its a shame they chickened out on making the protagonist part of the space Taliban

I would watch the gently caress out of Star Taliban Wars

just episode after episode of Space Houthis blowing up Space Abrams tanks

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the main thing i remember about rogue one is how the tone really goes all in on the empire being genocidal monsters in a way thats direct uncomfortable and comes off like a call to action

but it was still a star wars movie with a goofy comic relief misanthropic robot its like someone tried to do that boondocks parody where jar jar binks has taken off the shackles of human supremacy and become a guerrilla organizer for freedom except played with complete sincerity

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I got Hitchhiker's Guide vibes from that robot.

Make HK-47 canon, cowards.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of Star Taliban Wars

just episode after episode of Space Houthis blowing up Space Abrams tanks

i dont think there's been a single film that acknowledged the existnece of regular imperial soldiers (except for solo i think but i and nobody else saw that)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sorry just realized it was kind of rude for me to reference revolutionary jar jar binks without like just showing it to you

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

waiting for Bernie to announce Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat as his VP.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It's AOC in cat ears, the horny levels destroy the planet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Franspeech/status/1208776195548028928?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

watching part 2 of Carole & Tuesday, and right out the gate Tuesday’s mom is the Trump of Mars

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Uncut Gems spends the entire time making you hate Adam Sandler, so you don't really mind when he gets shot in the head at the end.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

a box office failure sure but an overall failure would require that cats also fail to sell any copies of its soundtrack where taylor swift is the lead singer and also that the movie tanks in secondary distribution which tends to be where bizarre unmarketable movies make the most money anyway

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I want to go see Cats as part of the irony watcher demographic, the public deserves more films like this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm going to see Cats because it is apparently an insanity-inducing fever dream

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Robotnik Nudes posted:

if you didnt see cats yet, Robotnik means this dude
https://twitter.com/bemoresam/status/1209146146150658048

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Grevling posted:

I want to go see Cats as part of the irony watcher demographic, the public deserves more films like this.

Same!

Also, and this isn't getting enough attention, it's under two hours long. Usually bombastic middlebrow trash shoots for respectability by diluting 1.5 hours of fun into 2.5-3 hours of tedium. I'm not used to having my time respected by this sort of movie.

Or it means the production was so cursed that they couldn't even cobble together enough usable footage to hit the desired length. Either way, I'm looking forward to having time to see it, the Zoo Lights, and get dinner this Saturday.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

CATS will get you to some weird level of post-ironic euphoria man

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

Uncut Gems spends the entire time making you hate Adam Sandler, so you don't really mind when he gets shot in the head at the end.

movie would’ve been revolutionary (by Hollywood standards) had Adam Sandler not been shot in the head imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/complexpop/status/1209498654308020224?s=21

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Grevling posted:

:same:

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1208418880919613447

I must see this movie

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

god I can't wait to see cats

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1mKButlxxk

"These are not songs about sex & seduction. But nevertheless cats thrust their Ken doll smooth genitals at the audience, splay their legs, and end multiple musical numbers laying on the floor in a post orgasmic heap."

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Watch Lyra Belacqua Beatbox for Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Rap on Gender Equality

OK Boomer
Sep 2, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duz posted:

if you didnt see cats yet, Robotnik means this dude
https://twitter.com/bemoresam/status/1209146146150658048

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/daviesallison1a/status/1209555650314981376?s=21

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok maybe I will watch the Cats

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Bert Roberge posted:

Uncut Gems spends the entire time making you hate Adam Sandler
The average person doesn't hate him already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
2019 has had several blockbuster movies whose only actual selling point is flashy graphics, but Cats made the double mistake of being a crap movie and having crap graphics.

I guess triple because Cats has never had that wide of an appeal unlike the Lion King or Star Wars.

America Inc. has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Dec 25, 2019