Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tane 3: electric tanealo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I believe in a thing called Tane

Just listen to the rhythm of my Parp

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey everyone, please remember to take some time tomorrow to call your family. Thanks

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey everyone, please remember to take some time tomorrow to call your family. Thanks

Already bought them each an Idris

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Go back to GBS oh wait....

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Told my family I wouldn't be able to make it home for the holidays because I spent all my money on their presents (Idris pledges). But instead I will be hosting THEM on my 890 jump in the 'Verse! Happy holidays!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

2018 was a pretty heinous year for selling ships they didn't make or plan on making.

Also worth noting a lot of the ships not ready to use are the big ships, which isn't surprising. Also ships which are meant to do things that don't actually exist.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Someone drew a picture of brawling, this means it is now in game.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I sold* my family for an Idris, two land clam jpegs and a Tonk.

Merry Chris-takeallmymoney-mas all.

*If you want to sell your family for Chris Roberts RSI monies please use my referral code : 1L0V3-28URN-Y0UR5-M0N3Y

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Popete posted:

Told my family I wouldn't be able to make it home for the holidays because I spent all my money on their presents (Idris pledges). But instead I will be hosting THEM on my 890 jump in the 'Verse! Happy holidays!

Good for you, the real reason for the season is to give money to Chris and Sandi so that they can play pretend Hollywood power couple for another year.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Fidelitious posted:

Can I get some examples of this because that sounds hilarious in a horrifying kind of way.

https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/weratedogs-names-problem/

I don't know if they're still doing it after getting called out but I wouldn't be surprised if they are

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd really like to, but I'm afraid I don't have time since I have to be ready to watch the Holiday Stream where all news and progress about SQ42 will be shown. Can't be distracted!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Call them about what, how good the prime rib we're having for christmas dinner is going to be?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
SHIP COMPONENTS SPAWN BELOW ME

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT

Every time I spawn some purchased ship components appear below me and even an entire usable elevator ant the game is running since then only with 2 FPS ... The whole stuff even seems to load in the menu, I have already deleted and reinstalled all game files but it is still so, now I will probably request a reset. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8PAL0ORjU&feature=youtu.be Even after

EXPECTED RESULT

This Should not Happen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
at this point I'm pretty fed up with an endless sea of railjack bugs in warframe and I'm gonna wait until they patch it (a lot) to play that mode

I have no idea how anyone can play SC for any amount of time without becoming incredibly frustrated

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TheAgent posted:

at this point I'm pretty fed up with an endless sea of railjack bugs in warframe and I'm gonna wait until they patch it (a lot) to play that mode

I have no idea how anyone can play SC for any amount of time without becoming incredibly frustrated

Have... to... own... the... haters!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheAgent posted:

Playing Star Citizen broke :pgabz: so much that his head needed deskeletonization :ohdear:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Happy stimpirical Christmas everone! May your alcohol level tripel every second until you start believing that SQ42 is real.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I believe in a thing called Tane

Just listen to the rhythm of my Parp

I’d do anything for Tane, but I won’t do that.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

I've been reading this thread for awhile, but what is Tane?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

UnknownTarget posted:

Ask for Nude Tane, you won't regret it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'd go 100% gay for paul rudd

merry xmas and happy holidays everyone

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Everyone has an "entourage" these days for their "benevolent" selves. :shrug:

Is it just me, or is the wording just a little bit funny handshakes, or do all 'marketing to whales' mails seem so slimy and weird?

Creeps me out tbh.

It's whale 101. Some of the backers will find it funny, quirky, or whatever, not a big deal. But a few ones will feel like champs because they do believe they have an entourage (leaders of an org, etc) and those are the idiots you want to retain in your monetization scheme.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ask for Nude Tane, you won't regret it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

UnknownTarget posted:

Google "celery man"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

I'd go 100% gay for paul rudd

merry xmas and happy holidays everyone

Yeah, and you too buddy. And everyone else reading this dumpster fire.

Hopefully the Stimperor gives his holiday address.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Spiderdrake posted:

Google "celery man"

Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fidelitious posted:

Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that.

Lesnick?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
so right now in fallout 76, players can hack into your inventory and steal everything

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/edsm4m/the_hackers_that_spawned_the_prydwen_sent_me_a/

stuff like this is going to be loving insanely rampant in star citizen and I can't loving wait until "persistence" or whatever is in

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hav posted:

2018 was a bad year to buy ships.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 were pretty rough too, but 2020 is looking good so far.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So I watched FTR's newest video on the ARGO Mole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8CsxsI-cuc

I'm a little confused when he talks about how the ship operates in multi-crew. I thought multi-crew wasn't functional in the game yet? Is he just theorycrafting?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

TheAgent posted:

stuff like this is going to be loving insanely rampant in star citizen and I can't loving wait until "persistence" or whatever is in

They’re already roleplaying it...

CHEATER OR HAKER? PLAYER EDZEMUNDO'S HEAD IS BULLETPROOF

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

- cross the p.u in a caterpillar
- PLayer "edzemundo' might show up on your ship
- Empty your gun in his face
-He will send you a message "just drop me at the next port"

ACTUAL RESULT

The effect of cheaters online games...? You guys know better then me

EXPECTED RESULT

My ship should lock propely and/or my gun should drop a player at point blank to the head

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So I watched FTR's newest video on the ARGO Mole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8CsxsI-cuc

I'm a little confused when he talks about how the ship operates in multi-crew. I thought multi-crew wasn't functional in the game yet? Is he just theorycrafting?
I mean, "multicrew" has been in for awhile, because if you have a person in the gunners seat technically its "multicrew"

its forced in the Mole because there's multiple mining turrets and a mining scanner

but really, "multicrew" is meant to mean every role on ship has importance

-pilot / helmsman (in)
-gunners (in)
-engineering (nope)
-tactical (nope)
-comms (nope)
-navigation (nope)
-per ship specialization ie medbay, farming, missile loading, mines, drones etc (nope)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The consensus on reddit is that the Mole is the first 'real' multicrew ship because it's the first one where three people can do something collaborative (in this case, pointing individual mining lasers at rocks) and have it mean anything.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

The consensus on reddit is that the Mole is the first 'real' multicrew ship because it's the first one where three people can do something collaborative (in this case, pointing individual mining lasers at rocks) and have it mean anything.
and really, its just three turrets that shoot rocks instead of people

I think it has a seat for the mining scanner, but that might double as the pilot / helms

someone buy me one and I can go test it out

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

…note, however, that mining is still on the whole completely meaningless.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

eXXon posted:

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 were pretty rough too, but 2020 is looking good so far.

The best any year ever looks is right before it actually starts.

This is good for Star Citizen.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Maybe you cats already discussed this and I missed it, but dayem, the natives are pretty incensed about Squadron.

I can’t imagine Chris saying nothing for months more, however cowardly he is and however much he hates breaking bad news. Their biggest news story of the last 2 years was “Chris + Billionaire investor + $46 million investment = 2020 Squadron 42 release date.”

The citizenry mostly didn’t pick up on the weird, defeated subtext of CitizenCon 2019, but it was surely the most muted they’ve had. The forward guidance was cautious, non-commital, and the game that should’ve been the centerpiece was spoken of not at all. Even so, they know something has gone quite wrong. It’s like 2015 and Star Marine all over again, only at a far grander scale. But despite yet another unspoken disaster becoming obvious to all, Chris hasn’t offered up a shiny new hope in its place for a change. That seems a dangerous thing to do at the end of this year.

Sure, the funding tracker declares it was the best year ever. But doesnt it always? But the Roadmaps suggest it was anything but, and it is far easier for Chris to lie about the former than the latter. (How can anyone challenge financials that only Chris and a few insiders have access to?)

it sure feels like the pressure is on for Chris to update the big narrative in some definitive way. CitCon would’ve been the perfect and appropriate opportunity, as it has so often been used for exactly this purpose, yet Chris declined that chance this year. This in itself suggests he wanted old narratives to hold out long enough to get them through their final big sales promotions of the year.

We are through them now, but “Chris + Billionaire investor + $46 million investment = 2020 Squadron 42 release date” has crumbled to pieces. If Chris doesn’t serve up a new big hopeful storyline to replace it in a month or so, I’d be amazed.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Now Tane I can get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

G0RF posted:

Maybe you cats already discussed this and I missed it, but dayem, the natives are pretty incensed about Squadron.

I can’t imagine Chris saying nothing for months more, however cowardly he is and however much he hates breaking bad news. Their biggest news story of the last 2 years was “Chris + Billionaire investor + $46 million investment = 2020 Squadron 42 release date.”

The citizenry mostly didn’t pick up on the weird, defeated subtext of CitizenCon 2019, but it was surely the most muted they’ve had. The forward guidance was cautious, non-commital, and the game that should’ve been the centerpiece was spoken of not at all. Even so, they know something has gone quite wrong. It’s like 2015 and Star Marine all over again, only at a far grander scale. But despite yet another unspoken disaster becoming obvious to all, Chris hasn’t offered up a shiny new hope in its place for a change. That seems a dangerous thing to do at the end of this year.

Sure, the funding tracker declares it was the best year ever. But doesnt it always? But the Roadmaps suggest it was anything but, and it is far easier for Chris to lie about the former than the latter. (How can anyone challenge financials that only Chris and a few insiders have access to?)

it sure feels like the pressure is on for Chris to update the big narrative in some definitive way. CitCon would’ve been the perfect and appropriate opportunity, as it has so often been used for exactly this purpose, yet Chris declined that chance this year. This in itself suggests he wanted old narratives to hold out long enough to get them through their final big sales promotions of the year.

We are through them now, but “Chris + Billionaire investor + $46 million investment = 2020 Squadron 42 release date” has crumbled to pieces. If Chris doesn’t serve up a new big hopeful storyline to replace it in a month or so, I’d be amazed.

Where's the holiday stream where they show off SQ42, a game that is supposed to release in months?

lmao