Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
May this jolly season serve to lessen hate in your FUDster hearts, fellow goons.

When next you are about to submit a shitpost filled with vitriol, pause and ask yourself what Jesus would do.

(He would buy an Idris)

Merry christmas, you beautiful bastards!

EDIT: Son of an actual cat taxxe bitch, on christmas eve no less

Mangoose fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

precision posted:

Obviously it's almost literally impossible for sq42 to come out next year, but man it'd be funny if that's what they say tomorrow

I wonder if the new narrative revision has Chris selling backers on his elation at discovering that the new consoles actually have the processing power he’d long dreamed of. If he needs a new excuse to delay things, that would serve the job pretty well:

Chris Roberts posted:

“...The next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft have the power the realize my vision for Squadron 42 with no compromises to the fidelity or immersion. Alas, we will need additional time and money to port the Squadron experience to these powerhouse machines, and accordingly, we have raised an additional (xx) million and set a new target release date of Winter 2021. But do not be discouraged, what this actually means is that we will be bringing my vision to a much larger audience. Our friends who developed Kingdom Come were the trailblazers here and carved the path we will follow, in order to ensure Squadron’s market potential is realized to the fullest. With these larger markets, we will be ensuring the longevity of Star Citizen in the process, which is a win/win by any measure!”

That is, of course, assuming he’s lined up more financing. But surely that’s been a big priority this year if it’s still possible.

his nibs posted:

Merry Christmas FUDster Goons

:pgabz::same::pgabz:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh I'm sure that at some point he'll start promising PS5/XX versions of the game. It's not like they'll ever need to exist so he can say it, it's just a matter of "when".

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Merry Christmas you band of merry doubters!

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

New Legatus Pack: $35k. Only available to those who have spent at least $10k already.

https://imgur.com/a/OQyumZL

:homebrew:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

give me money i am serious business cat super trustworthy S42 coming super super soon happy loving Christmas Tane

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

iron buns posted:

New Legatus Pack: $35k. Only available to those who have spent at least $10k already.

is this a loving joke?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

iron buns posted:

:stonklol:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

iron buns posted:

Comrpised

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Fatkraken posted:

is this a loving joke?

Is the worm a joke?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fatkraken posted:

is this a loving joke?

no, its a christmas miracle
merry effin christmas to everyone still reading this dead gay thread

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
Happy Merry Festivus fellow Goons. Idri for all!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Merry Ghostmas, everyone. Stay frosty out there.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That Legatus Pack is a good deal if you think about, like reeeeaaaaaally think about it.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Experimental Skin posted:

Happy Merry Festivus fellow Goons. Idri for all!

This is the only Idris I'll ever need

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

iron buns posted:

Wasn't this thing like "only" 27K?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wasn't this thing like "only" 27K?

I'm guessing they added in all the new ships they've sold since the original 27k pack.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

iron buns posted:

This game isn't really P2W, it's P2P - pay to pay.

Edit: heh, now I noticed the title of image, oh well

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 25, 2019

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Like almost every one of CI(G)'s marketing decisions, I don't know if this is a joke. But assuming it's true, wouldn't you already own a shitload of ships if you're in for 10k? Why would you shell out another 35k for every ship? Even assuming there's a discount involved you really should already be owning at least a quarter of the available ships.

By available, I mean there's at least jpegs of the loving things

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Happy Deskeletonization Day!

Light the tree with the worst kind of electricity, and serve the civil meats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taking a wild guess that the newest update is still pretty broken?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

iron buns posted:

This is really unfair to CIG. We who already invested at least $10k+tax begged CIG to implement this and they begrudgingly added this option to take another $35k+tax from us. We're to blame. This option was only ever meant for us dedicated investors. It's not meant for public consumption and news articles that mention completionist packages never understand that we forced CIG to do this.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

G0RF posted:

Maybe you cats already discussed this and I missed it, but dayem, the natives are pretty incensed about Squadron.

I can’t imagine Chris saying nothing for months more, however cowardly he is and however much he hates breaking bad news. Their biggest news story of the last 2 years was “Chris + Billionaire investor + $46 million investment = 2020 Squadron 42 release date.”

The citizenry mostly didn’t pick up on the weird, defeated subtext of CitizenCon 2019, but it was surely the most muted they’ve had. The forward guidance was cautious, non-commital, and the game that should’ve been the centerpiece was spoken of not at all. Even so, they know something has gone quite wrong. It’s like 2015 and Star Marine all over again, only at a far grander scale. But despite yet another unspoken disaster becoming obvious to all, Chris hasn’t offered up a shiny new hope in its place for a change. That seems a dangerous thing to do at the end of this year.

Sure, the funding tracker declares it was the best year ever. But doesnt it always? But the Roadmaps suggest it was anything but, and it is far easier for Chris to lie about the former than the latter. (How can anyone challenge financials that only Chris and a few insiders have access to?)

it sure feels like the pressure is on for Chris to update the big narrative in some definitive way. CitCon would’ve been the perfect and appropriate opportunity, as it has so often been used for exactly this purpose, yet Chris declined that chance this year. This in itself suggests he wanted old narratives to hold out long enough to get them through their final big sales promotions of the year.

We are through them now, but “Chris + Billionaire investor + $46 million investment = 2020 Squadron 42 release date” has crumbled to pieces. If Chris doesn’t serve up a new big hopeful storyline to replace it in a month or so, I’d be amazed.

Citcon was a bizarre, boring and muted affair this year, with a sort of sad finality to it all. Along with SQ42. being completely MIA and their year long retreat from the public eye, it all paints a picture of some sort of change behind the scenes. But it’s hard to tell exactly what is going on, even though this is the most open development ever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When you're so completely late on delivering even the barest skeleton of a shell of what you're alleging to be developing and all you have to show this year for your Starflight sized experience is 20 minutes of knockoff Half Life, it's gotta be wearing even someone like crobbers down

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

colonelwest posted:

Citcon was a bizarre, boring and muted affair this year, with a sort of sad finality to it all. Along with SQ42. being completely MIA and their year long retreat from the public eye, it all paints a picture of some sort of change behind the scenes. But it’s hard to tell exactly what is going on, even though this is the most open development ever.

CI`g as a business is failing, they are riding on loans and cashing out shares, they still haven't repayed Coutts according to their latest filings and there is no product on shelves to recoup what they've lost so far and what they've borrowed from the 'community' and assorted lenders.

I suspect the change is all the shadowy people behind the curtain are screaming at CR to either get a move on or piss off. I wonder if the management are doing another tour around the various real game publishing houses with thier caps in hand promising to throw out the moron in exchange for their help. :)

Microsoftichu, I choose you!

Oh and, Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 25, 2019

marumaru
May 20, 2013

iron buns posted:

If you really think about it whoever buys this is straight up paying for the barista's entire 2020 salary.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
When is the Christmas non-event? This new legatus package should initiate a few more divorces and end a few more friendships; always a good look for the holidays, but I'm really curious about the supposed Christmas stream or whatever. Is it still happening? Seems a bit late.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Mangoose posted:

Like almost every one of CI(G)'s marketing decisions, I don't know if this is a joke. But assuming it's true, wouldn't you already own a shitload of ships if you're in for 10k? Why would you shell out another 35k for every ship? Even assuming there's a discount involved you really should already be owning at least a quarter of the available ships.

Because, it's for large organizations that then shares it out to its members...

LAFMAO sorry couldn't keep a straight face, it's playing on the most insidious weaknesses of those who gamble, impulse buy, etc. and is total evil.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

its amusing how poisonous these uber whales would actually be to large organizations. Some might be laid back, but you can be 100% assured that a lot of them will DEMAND RESPECT for deigning to share their precious Fleet.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

its amusing how poisonous these uber whales would actually be to large organizations. Some might be laid back, but you can be 100% assured that a lot of them will DEMAND RESPECT for deigning to share their precious Fleet.

If all of the orgs weren’t just a bunch of game dads theorycrafting and waving around their e-peens on forums, because SC has no meaningful mechanics to support orgs or any kind of large group play, then I guess it would be a problem.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Coming Soon* : Fleet Carriers. ONLY 2, 5 Million Dollars.

Tell your Org Friends, start your OWN Kickstarter.

*for preorder concept sale

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mangoose posted:

Spoken like a true wageslave plebescrub.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Merry Christmas SPERGS!!! lol

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

When is the Christmas non-event? This new legatus package should initiate a few more divorces and end a few more friendships; always a good look for the holidays, but I'm really curious about the supposed Christmas stream or whatever. Is it still happening? Seems a bit late.

I don’t think CIG has said anything at all about a stream, even if backers have. I think it’s just a theorycrafted projection from a citizenry feeling greatly shortchanged by a downsized Citcon, a dropped Gamescom, a foundering Roadmap, and the loss of weekly CHRIS TV.

They can’t see that Chris is trying to minimize his on camera time these days. It’s like he figured out about 5 years too late that he’s said waaaaaay more than he should over the years, and he doesn’t need to add any new hits to the self-own jukebox.

So I don’t think they’ll get the stream some are fantasizing about. If they’re lucky they might get a low-effort impromptu Twitch outing with Lando wearing his old Santa duds from a few years back... (or some dumb Christmas flair.)

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:
First of all, happy christmas and all that.
I took a break from SC for about 7 months, trying to understand game development and getting a child. Time flies, and as I backed this project ~5 years ago this wasn't even on the horizon.

However, I've played catch-up over Christmas and the best thing I saw was literally bagman and the fact that 2019 was their best fiscal year yet.
Also, I took a look at my favorite echo chamber, the SC-thread in the Gamestar forum and there still are the same 7-8 regular people there, theorycrafting and changing the narrative. Not too long ago, after CitCon: "CitCon is just for SC, SQ42 will be on the holiday stream you dumb gently caress, how dare you don't know this?" . Fast forward to today: Silence, but he is proud that he bought that mining tool to "earn money". So business as usual, with a few screenshots here and there and a "surprise" for the 25th. They assume it might be "THAT" vending machine (what a joke, please stop), which tells a lot about the world these guys live in.

Then I've noticed some bigger outlets like PC Gamer, BBC (and Gamestar, of course) covered SC in a rather unreflected (and positive) way, which puzzles me. CR is wasting tremendous amounts of "gamer money" since 8 years with basically nothing of substance to show for it and uses unheard of macro-transactions to support their "development as a service"-model which financed him a new 5 million dollar home (again, with no real product). This is way worse than any early access scam or scummy EA-microtransaction-move could ever be, while actively luring people into this with predatory marketing and straight lies. If the industry adopts that model everyone would be off worse, so I really can't understand why CIG isn't getting the "Daikatana/Duke Nukem Forever/Fallout76"-treatment by the gaming media? As a side note, in the worst case people blew maybe ~200 bucks for some collectors edition, but that would be it. In SC-land this doesn't buy much, though.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Chris must be disappointed SQ42 isn't panning out the way he hoped.

While he did get his dream fulfilled of interacting with and directing Hollywood talent that he's idolized for decades, the actual product he'd hoped to make is nowhere close to getting finished.

Chris hates that he still can't cut a trailer for SQ42 that gets posted on entertainment blogs, features the words "FROM VISIONARY CREATOR CHRIS ROBERTS" and validates his directorial genius and prowess.

Merry Chrismas.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

yeah I'm sure he's crying every night in his huge Pacific Palisades mansion

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Inacio posted:

just spent an hour trying to play 3.8

4 of the outpost FPS missions: 1 didn't have any enemies, 1 had turrets but no npcs, 2 had broken elevators (two elevators spawned on top of each other)
tried the 890 yacht infiltration mission: it never spawned
tried the claimjumper asteroid space mission: no enemies spawned
tried the patrol mission: the loving waypoints never spawned

i'm not making this poo poo up. it's literally unplayable

You are a loving lying fudster. ObsidianAnt, long standing Elite streamer, has just confirmed Star Citizen is absolutely stunning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQmiVyNDNPQ

Check mate.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

G0RF posted:

I don’t think CIG has said anything at all about a stream, even if backers have. I think it’s just a theorycrafted projection from a citizenry feeling greatly shortchanged by a downsized Citcon, a dropped Gamescom, a foundering Roadmap, and the loss of weekly CHRIS TV.

They can’t see that Chris is trying to minimize his on camera time these days. It’s like he figured out about 5 years too late that he’s said waaaaaay more than he should over the years, and he doesn’t need to add any new hits to the self-own jukebox.

So I don’t think they’ll get the stream some are fantasizing about. If they’re lucky they might get a low-effort impromptu Twitch outing with Lando wearing his old Santa duds from a few years back... (or some dumb Christmas flair.)

cr has shareholders now, independent shareholders that haven't already made their fortune off the back of sc and sq42. this may well have introduced an element of accountability that was previously almost non-existent. shareholder meetings are going to bring questions about the most obvious and unprofessional fuckups.

probably why sandi is missing, it's not fun any more when you have to be accountable to someone you can't sack or if your ideas have to be signed off or run past someone competent.

there isn't going to be any news on sq42 unless something leaks that impacts funding. after all the roadmap updates show what little progress is being made which will be enough for the faithful to rewrite history around when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

It's nearly ready, QA have played through every mission. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-CZrmCtqdk&t=1044s

I wonder if this is actually true in a sense but they just keep DNFing SQ42, you know Chris constantly throwing out work and restarting development.