Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They just say the buffet is good because it sounds better than "Yeah I always cum in my pants when I go there. I give the sex workers money and they make me cum it's great."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dienes posted:

I'm 5'9" and have dated only taller dudes. Not because of any preference on my part - just because too many men feel utterly emasculated by a taller woman. Its ridiculous.

are you single? interested in some tetris?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Soysaucebeast posted:

remind him that he's shorter than me (he forgets his height all the time and has to ask me) he gets a little miffed for a minute or two, but he gets over it pretty quickly.

lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Just once I want to hear of a strip club with the best renaissance art gallery or the best christmas decorations

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for kicking family out?

My girlfriend, Thea, has type 1 diabetes.

We keep a can of coke in the fridge at all times for her, we usually stock up on sweets but haven't replaced them yet since we moved recently.

My mother, father, niece and sister were staying at our place.

We let them know about the can of coke, it's the only fizzy drink we have at our place

My girlfriend went for a nap about 10, unusual for her.

When my girlfriend goes into hypo and when she goes into hypo she panics, she gets heart pains and gets dizzy, it's bad.

About 12 she went into hypo.

I looked for the can of coke only to find out someone had drunk it.

I got upset and rushed out to replace it, hypo is serious.

When I got home and my girlfriend had drunk the coke we tried to explain to them that hypo can kill.

My family didn't apologise or seem sympathetic at all.

I asked them to leave.

my family got upset and called me the rear end in a top hat for being so irresponsible and kicking them out just before Christmas.

AITA?

I feel like I'm obviously not the rear end but I'd like to prove it to my family

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Family are jerks for not respecting the coke, but it still seems pretty dumb to not have a backup plan (maybe a bag of skittles or something, idk) given the life threatening nature of the diabetes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not calling my kids "Elsa" and "Anna"?
Hey all,

My (F27) husband (M29) and kids (F5 & F3) are big fans of Frozen. I like it but I am not a fan the way they are.

A couple of weeks ago, our daughters told my husband that they wished to be called Elsa and Anna and my husband complied. This happened while I was at work so I didn't see it occurring. Since then, they stopped responding to their real names and only respond to Elsa and Anna. I played along for a bit, but now I am getting fed up, especially since Christmas is coming and we will be seeing family. I have began calling them by their real names but my husband is still calling them Elsa and Anna.

I asked my husband to stop but he is refusing to do so saying that it makes them happy and that they will outgrow it. And that "just cause I am a woman it does not give me veto rights on how kids are raised". I told him that he is being irresponsible, and living out his fantasy in having his daughters named Elsa and Anna. (He actually wanted to name our kids Elsa and Anna).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sounds like that lady needs to... let it go lmao!!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

1redflag posted:

Family are jerks for not respecting the coke, but it still seems pretty dumb to not have a backup plan (maybe a bag of skittles or something, idk) given the life threatening nature of the diabetes.

How dangerous is managing type 1 diabetes that you need a immediate sugar source at hand or you die?

Does she not regularly monitor her blood glucose? Take insulin? What else is going on about this situation means if they don't have the soda that she'll die?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

1redflag posted:

Especially given that most of those high sugar things don’t spoil, so you could literally just buy a bag of candy, toss it in her purse, and be set forever. Hell, you should probably do that anyways in case it happens while you’re out somewhere.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Wishing for some Christmas miracles out of r/relationships this year!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My father was much the same way with the abuse but kept most of it out of sight of my mother. And when I was going to a therapist at twelve the therapist suggested we bring my father in as I had been talking so much about him. During the session with him I was basically forced to "admit" that I was making things up, so no more therapist. And I specifically remember my mother many times saying, "You promised me you wouldn't hit him" so her protestations after poo poo came out are meaningless to me now. I've been no contact with my family for seven years and as far as I know she's practically catatonic and my father keeps having heart attacks and diabetic seizures.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for complaining about a sexual comment, then leaving a negative review when I got ignored and dismissed casually?

I (27F) went to this hair removal place for the first time to get a Brazilian wax. The girl who served me was around her early twenties. Even though she tried to initiate conversation, I made it clear to her that I am not a chatty person, and I mostly kept quiet as the girl worked on my body. Overall, it was a comfortable atmosphere, and the procedure on my upper body went quite smooth.

Then, as we proceeded to my nether regions, she told me to hold my leg and pull the skin at the area. I did as she told. To my absolute shock, she took a look at my private area, and gave this smirk before saying, "oh, don't you have a pretty labia?"

I could not believe that she made such an offhand comment on my genitals' appearance while I was in such a vulnerable position, when she was supposed to be professional about her work. I immediately stopped her, and told her that I felt sick about the sexually objectifying nature of her disgusting comment.

She seemed to be very taken aback by my words. No words were exchanged for the rest of the procedure, but I could sense that she was giving off some passive aggressive vibes. Her movements felt more forceful to me. The sick feeling still remained in my gut.

As I left, I told her I wanted to see her manager. However, as I informed her of the sexual harassment, the manager brushed me off nonchalantly, telling me that I was "overreacting over a non-issue" and that her worker was a good one. She then proceeded to usher me out of the store when I attempted to hold my ground.

I left a one-star review on their page, so that other customers could avoid such an awful and uncomfortable experience in the future. However, my friend told me that I am being a little harsh. So Reddit, AITA?

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

I [24M] had a horrible hookup experience and the girl [22F] ended up crying

quote:

I met up with Jess on Tinder at my school. I was in a master's program and she is a law student and we both figured out that we were only looking for something casual. She was cute, intelligent, and we had a nice conversation so we decided to meet to grab coffee and hook up.

Before meeting she expressed that she wanted to try some kinkier things given that she was single again and wanted to explore a bit. I thought cool, I felt the same, although I had basically no experience in this area, so I was also curious. When we met up we discussed boundaries and what we wanted to try and she said one thing she wanted was to be degraded, which she explained as in she wanted me to be a bit rough and say "mean things" to her during sex.

I wasn't sure that was my cup of tea, but like I said, I was curious to try new things. At first we started out vanilla and honestly had a really nice time, I felt like I could really connect to Jess. But when it came to the kinky stuff, things took a turn for the bad really fast. I really had no idea how to start what she said she wanted but when we switched positions and I was holding her legs I just looked her in her eyes and said "how lucky I was to find such a cheap whоre who would spread her legs for a stranger for a two dollar coffee."

It was soon clear that I hosed up because she teared up right away and started to explain that she wasn't like that. Of course I stopped immediately and tried to comfort her but it was a bit of a mess. She just started crying really hard and tried to talk. I explained that I didn't mean any of that, that it was just an act that I thought she wanted to try, etc, etc. We actually spent the night together and she calmed down by the next morning and even said she wanted to meet again.

But now I feel really awful about the whole thing and don't really know what to do. I feel like I should at least meet with her again like she suggested just for dinner or something to make sure she is ok. I just generally feel very confused because I really liked her and under circumstances would really want to keep seeing her but now I just feel too guilty even though she says she doesn't blame me and she just couldn't explain her reaction. At the very least I really don't want her to feel worse as a result of what I did, but I'm just not sure what to do. Any advice?

tl;dr: I had a bad hookup experience where the girl wanted to try something kinky and ended up crying. I'm trying to figure out how to handle the situation best.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

How dangerous is managing type 1 diabetes that you need a immediate sugar source at hand or you die?

Does she not regularly monitor her blood glucose? Take insulin? What else is going on about this situation means if they don't have the soda that she'll die?

Also, maybe keep more than one can of Coke on hand? The family are absolutely jerks for taking it, but I'd keep more than one can in the fridge if I might need one to literally save my life.

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for complaining about a sexual comment, then leaving a negative review when I got ignored and dismissed casually?

I (27F) went to this hair removal place for the first time to get a Brazilian wax. The girl who served me was around her early twenties. Even though she tried to initiate conversation, I made it clear to her that I am not a chatty person, and I mostly kept quiet as the girl worked on my body. Overall, it was a comfortable atmosphere, and the procedure on my upper body went quite smooth.

Then, as we proceeded to my nether regions, she told me to hold my leg and pull the skin at the area. I did as she told. To my absolute shock, she took a look at my private area, and gave this smirk before saying, "oh, don't you have a pretty labia?"

I could not believe that she made such an offhand comment on my genitals' appearance while I was in such a vulnerable position, when she was supposed to be professional about her work. I immediately stopped her, and told her that I felt sick about the sexually objectifying nature of her disgusting comment.

She seemed to be very taken aback by my words. No words were exchanged for the rest of the procedure, but I could sense that she was giving off some passive aggressive vibes. Her movements felt more forceful to me. The sick feeling still remained in my gut.

As I left, I told her I wanted to see her manager. However, as I informed her of the sexual harassment, the manager brushed me off nonchalantly, telling me that I was "overreacting over a non-issue" and that her worker was a good one. She then proceeded to usher me out of the store when I attempted to hold my ground.

I left a one-star review on their page, so that other customers could avoid such an awful and uncomfortable experience in the future. However, my friend told me that I am being a little harsh. So Reddit, AITA?

/r/relationships: oh, don't you have a pretty labia?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I kind of don't think it was a sexual comment. The woman was just talking shop.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

therobit posted:

I kind of don't think it was a sexual comment. The woman was just talking shop.

I don’t know, man, I think it would be a little weird if my tailor told me I had a nice dick when he was measuring my inseam.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

1redflag posted:

I don’t know, man, I think it would be a little weird if my tailor told me I had a nice dick when he was measuring my inseam.

Is the Tailor in this posh British?

"Hwhy Sir, your Gentleman's Sausage is very nice, if I do say so myself"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

chemtrail huffer posted:

LMAO

I don't have much experience with dirty talk but I assume you keep it vague at first and don't mention the literal circumstances that brought you to having sex with a stranger.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, the worst thing you can ever do in your job is become indispensable. It's career death.

Chiming in from a few pages back, but definitely this.

I see bad managers dump a lot of hard shifts and responsibilities on good employees, and I have to tell them I'm sorry, but they're being punished for their competence.

Never try to excel at a retail job. You'll just work twice as hard as the worst person there and make the same money.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Got an exciting update!!

[UPDATE] I (F25) ruined a romantic weekend and my boyfriend (M23) said he needs space. Hasn’t texted me in two days, is my relationship done?

quote:

He texted me later that day saying he’s unsure of being in a relationship even though it was a mistake. Then a couple days ago, he wanted to meet for coffee.

It was very short. I have been texting my ex since we ran into him, but that was as its getting closer to the holidays and I wanted to catch up. All platonic. Mike asked if I was still talking to Adam since we ran into him and I said yes.

He basically told me that it was the first time he said “I love you” and to hear me say someone else’s name back was unforgivable. And then he emphasized the rest as if I didn’t already know it was a mistake. He didn’t care for any apology and said that he hopes I don’t make the same mistake with my next boyfriend.

6 months gone because I mixed up a name. Happy holidays.

quote:

[original post]

Will use fake names.

Me = Jane

Boyfriend = Mike

Ex-Boyfriend = Adam

Mike and I booked a very nice hotel for last weekend (December 6-8) in the city and we were planning to enjoy it together as we’ve been dating for 6 month.

[NSFW]

We were having sex on Saturday and it just got really intense. He started dirty talking and I did too, and during sex he said “Jane I loving love you”. I don’t know why, but I said my ex’s name instead like “Oh Adam I love you too and I love when you gently caress me”

I know I made a big mistake because their names are really different, I don’t know what I was thinking...I probably wasn’t at the time. It’s worse because Mike and I actually ran into Adam a week or two ago, but Mike is much more good looking and better in bed so I know it’s not an insecurity of his.

When I said it, Mike literally got off me, started putting his clothes on and told me he needed space. He started packing his things even though we had two more nights booked at this super expensive hotel. I got a little upset and tried to hug him and bring him back but he just pushed me back onto the bed and to “leave me alone”.

Since then, I texted him a long apology but he hasn’t replied to me in two days. He didn’t even read my message (we have read receipts). What should I do? He’s been so good to me and I can’t bear to lose him now

Good Pete energy on the Ex.

It's actually pretty hilarious, a lot of people supported her on the first post, thinking it was just a really dumb mistake. They all instantly turned on her when they saw the update, pretty much everyone was calling her an rear end in a top hat or just a moron. She hasn't responded.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

chemtrail huffer posted:

lol when she said that she wanted to experiment with degrading dirty talk for the first time she surely didn't mean that you should go immediately to calling her a two dollar whore

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kitchner posted:

I'm 6'2" but I really think if I was short it wouldn't bother me.

Same height here (and wide, not a beanpole type), what tends to throw me off is scale. My apartment is built around my size. Narrow hallways/low ceilings, putting on a shirt that's too big or too small, that sort of thing causes a major dismorphia moment and the room starts spinning.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I have dated a couple of women who were 2-3" taller than me and one who was my height, and they all eventually brought it up like, "I feel like you don't even care?"
One was really confounded like the Grinch when the Whovilles are singing but she had to begrudgingly respect my security with it all.
I do actually consider it tbh like on dating apps just assuming that a lot of women are not gonna be interested, but like, he's her boyfriend. You're already in, dude. There's nothing to get over. Let her run her shoe game.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I have type 1 diabetes and yes when your blood sugar goes low you need to immediately eat or drink something, and yes it can be unexpected. That being said there’s lots of ways to bring it up - soda or juice is obvious, but maple syrup is actually good too and nobody is drinking that form your fridge.

People are dumb though and don’t realize type 1 and type 2 aren’t the same thing. I had a lot of horrible experiences in school where teachers refused to let me leave class to get a soda when I had low blood sugar even though I had a standing pass from the school.

Seven Hundred Bee fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 24, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not very up with imperial measurements but I thought 5'8" was about average? Reminded of Jon Pop where his stated height was literally the average for african-american males.

I get the feeling that with short dudes either they accept it early on and don't give a poo poo for the rest of their lives or develop a proto-incel complex that's as self-defeating as one might expect.

Yeah that's pretty much the average, but things are skewed because people are presented with a false "average of the ideal". Cameras are set at a low height to make TV personalities look taller. Sports athletes tend to be larger. We are discouraged from looking at the world around us and sold on an idea of normal taken from people who want us not to measure up so we buy their stuff. 6'-6'2" is the low end of "officially tall" and most folks who are 5'11" are going to round up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

1redflag posted:

Mom is definitely doing this on purpose cause she doesn’t like the GF for whatever reason.

Or likes her too much. I was nearly poisoned at Thanksgiving years ago by a friend's fixer mother who was sure we were dating and wanted to prove my allergies weren't real so she could have a "normal" son-in-law.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

chemtrail huffer posted:

Miserable Maid posted:

Got an exciting update!!

[UPDATE] I (F25) ruined a romantic weekend and my boyfriend (M23) said he needs space. Hasn’t texted me in two days, is my relationship done?

God these two posts are the best things I could have asked for this Christmas.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Or likes her too much. I was nearly poisoned at Thanksgiving years ago by a friend's fixer mother who was sure we were dating and wanted to prove my allergies weren't real so she could have a "normal" son-in-law.

I think we define “like” differently

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

chemtrail huffer posted:

This guy absolutely watches some hosed up porn.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

FormaldehydeSon posted:

God these two posts are the best things I could have asked for this Christmas.

Glad to help with your Christmas wish!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love how many of these stories have multiple edits to short circuit all the stupid bullshit reddit tries to misconstrue.

Lol what the gently caress.

Hold on, let's remember goons in this thread absolutely do the same poo poo or project their poo poo onto a story

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Waxer definitely shouldn't have said it out loud but if you're working at a brazilian wax place I can understand ending up totally non-sexually casual over seeing other people's junk.

EDIT: Like I can see how it'd be uncomfortable to receive that comment, but that woman sees genitalia all day long, so I can see how her internal metric for 'is this an appropriate comment' slipped.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dang Karen just accept a loving compliment, poo poo.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
my actual name is actually Karen, the internet can get hosed :colbert:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Stop laying your problems at our doorstep, Karen.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fatkraken posted:

my actual name is actually Karen, the internet can get hosed :colbert:

Have you asked to speak to the manager of the internet? Maybe that would help.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

1redflag posted:

I think we define “like” differently

Fair enough, likes the idea of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for not taking down my (nude, "perfect") drawings when I invited my obese friend over?

quote:

So I invited a group of friends to my house for the holidays, 2 guys, 2 girls (one of which has always been fat). I've known the girls since childhood, and the guys for 3+ years. We're all mature young adults (18+).

I am someone who enjoys classical style art, featuring the human body. I'll be a little proud and say that I think I have a nice body; I'm fit, with alright features. I will often use myself and other women I think have nice bodies (fit) as models when I sketch art. In NO WAY are my drawings sexual, like hentai or porn. I include butts, breasts, lingerie, and pubic hair in my drawings. In my room I have a couple of my most proud works tacked up by my desk. It's important to note that my obese friend is also an artist; she draws thin and pretty anime girls.

My female friends have always been very kind, funny, and chill about things. I left my drawings up, just casually on the wall, and the day with friends went ok, except for the one seeming quieter than usual. After she left, she texted me that she was very upset with me showcasing my "pretty, perfect bodied" drawings while she was there as I knew she was insecure about her weight. She had never shown signs of being overly upset about her weight, and she tried diets a couple times. I said I didn't think she would mind as she also draws (though clothed) fit girls. She said she didn't draw them naked, and that I was being incredibly insensitive for not thinking of her. I responded that I meant no harm, I didn't even think about the drawings on the wall. I asked my other friends if I'm in the wrong, and they all said "Well, you could have taken them down". I really didn't mean to make her feel bad.

AITA for leaving up my drawings without thinking they would upset my friend?

I should also note that I've always supported her weight loss, and reassured her she was beautiful as she is many times. I've never made negative comments to her.