Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I think that Extreme Rules match was the one where Big Show sold his nuts getting crushed on the turnbuckle for like three minutes straight

I do recall that match being much better than it had any business being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

extradite THIS! posted:

I think that Extreme Rules match was the one where Big Show sold his nuts getting crushed on the turnbuckle for like three minutes straight

That's Janela level selling of a nut crush.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Show also had that spectacle where he murdered Ric Flair on ECW TV

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

Was it better than Bully Ray selling having his balls attacked by a cheese grater at Final Battle this year by repeatedly yelling "OW MY BALLS"?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Show also had that spectacle where he murdered Ric Flair on ECW TV

I remember this being very fun but don't want to chance it by going back and watching it now

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Low Desert Punk posted:

what's the best match Big Show has ever had?

One Night Stand 2008, Show/Punk/Morrison/Chavo/Dreamer. That's a lot of participants but it's absolutely a Big Show showcase match.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I liked the last Big Show match he had with Braun that ended with the ring breaker superplex. It had a nice passing of the torch feel and really should have been Big Show’s retirement match.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

It’s this https://youtu.be/RjHpnoCag-g

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
There's his last man standing match with Alberto Del Rio, that was fun.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Ganso Bomb posted:

I remember this being very fun but don't want to chance it by going back and watching it now

i just watched it and i thought it was really good. the story of the match is basically flair trying to repeatedly punch big show in the balls and get as many weapons as possible because he's an old man that could get murdered in seconds by the obese monster champion. good stuff

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

All the Big Show-Sheamus matches were fun

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

extradite THIS! posted:

Is that the one where Reigns failed hilariously at doing a rana?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Is that the one where Reigns failed hilariously at doing a rana?

Naw I believe that was a TV match. The Extreme Rules match was legit good.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Has anyone watched any Makai? Weird music / wrestling / theatre hybrid that Hikaru Shida is involved in. It's both over the top and sincere in a way that's quite appealing. This is a part of a recent show https://youtu.be/sDvqeJdtl0w
I haven't watched it before but I love it. I will be watching it now. I enjoy this,

Quid fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 23, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To follow up on my question from page 4, which of these would be my best option? I’m not familiar with any of these promotions.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Marvelous is loving great. I have no idea what Shien is and Shooto is shoot fighting. I'd go with Marvelous.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Taintrunner posted:

To follow up on my question from page 4, which of these would be my best option? I’m not familiar with any of these promotions.

Yeah, Shooto is MMA. Generally focusing on lighter weightclasses.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While it would be cool to see Shooto you should see Marvelous.

Let it ride
Mar 26, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

what's the best match Big Show has ever had?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9N8Pv3iJ7c

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

unironically, Show is in AMAZING shape there.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what does "nature boy" even mean? i've never thought about it before

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMhFPI4Us0

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

what does "nature boy" even mean? i've never thought about it before

"Nature Boy" is a song by eden ahbez, published in 1947. The song tells a fantasy of a "strange enchanted boy... who wandered very far" only to learn that "the greatest thing... was just to love and be loved in return".

Flair took that to mean traveling in jets and doing blow off hookers tits which is a more modern interpretation

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Aesop Poprock posted:

"Nature Boy" is a song by eden ahbez, published in 1947. The song tells a fantasy of a "strange enchanted boy... who wandered very far" only to learn that "the greatest thing... was just to love and be loved in return".

Flair took that to mean traveling in jets and doing blow off hookers tits which is a more modern interpretation

What did Buddy Rodgers take it to mean?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Where do you think the term "a good rogering" came from?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nystral posted:

What did Buddy Rodgers take it to mean?

It evolved from the term “natural boy”, which means Rogers never had a boob job

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
How meticulously booked are Royal Rumble matches? Obviously the ending and key spots are, but is it fully planned out who gets eliminated by whom, and in what order, for the whole thing?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Answers Me posted:

How meticulously booked are Royal Rumble matches? Obviously the ending and key spots are, but is it fully planned out who gets eliminated by whom, and in what order, for the whole thing?

My guess would be yes. At a minimum you'd need to know when you're coming in, who you're eliminating and roughly when, and who's eliminating you and roughly when.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, everyone knows who's eliminating them/they're eliminating and roughly when (that's partly why there's like 8 refs out there, to communicate time cues).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some years, you can hear the wrestlers coordinating in ring for big spots, particularly Big Show. I'm sure it's partially the always quiet crowds but I feel like they mic the ring differently.

It's also funny when someone gets eliminated by accident and you can see the wrestler's genuine reaction on the hard cam. There was one with, I think, Miz and Riley, eliminating someone like Cena way early.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

isn't the story that Patterson would basically get everyone in a room and meticulously craft every entry and exit and spot?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There was one with, I think, Miz and Riley, eliminating someone like Cena way early.

It was actually Riley slipping on the apron and falling to the floor while Miz was on commentary, which iirc led to them having to call a new spot for Cena's later elimination.

"Alex Riley is playing this so smart right now."

"...where is he?"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Max Coveri posted:

It was actually Riley slipping on the apron and falling to the floor while Miz was on commentary, which iirc led to them having to call a new spot for Cena's later elimination.

"Alex Riley is playing this so smart right now."

"...where is he?"

Yeah, that was it!

Also that one with.. Cena/Orton? Or maybe Cena/Batista, the one where Vince ruined both his quads like a nerd.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah, that was it!

Also that one with.. Cena/Orton? Or maybe Cena/Batista, the one where Vince ruined both his quads like a nerd.

It was Cena/Batista, the one where they somehow accidentally recreated the Rumble '94 ending, which they SUPER weren't supposed to. It was honestly some genuinely brilliant quick thinking for the Raw ref to come in and raise Batista's hand, the Smackdown ref to come in and raise Cena's, and then they both throw each other out while Vince is out there figuring out what to do with a pair of busted quads.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Does anyone have that Big Daddy V meme where Big Daddy I to IV are previous gimmicks?q

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Web Jew.0 posted:

Does anyone have that Big Daddy V meme where Big Daddy I to IV are previous gimmicks?q

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's a fake.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/761678995024928768?s=19

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

TriffTshngo posted:

It was Cena/Batista, the one where they somehow accidentally recreated the Rumble '94 ending, which they SUPER weren't supposed to. It was honestly some genuinely brilliant quick thinking for the Raw ref to come in and raise Batista's hand, the Smackdown ref to come in and raise Cena's, and then they both throw each other out while Vince is out there figuring out what to do with a pair of busted quads.

I remember that night the quick-thinking by the refs, Cena/Batista and all was honestly argued constantly that it was a work. I mean, you look at it and it really does seem that way. Cena/Batista fall at EXACTLY the same time and hit the floor at the same time (even slo-mo can't show you who hit first) and the refs look like they are following a script based on how they react.

Then Vince comes out and we all know about the busted quads but for days people didn't believe he was injured based on what was going on (because it was a total clusterfuck). Plus that Vince wasn't a twisted, screaming wreck on the ring mat given how horrendous just a single quad injury is to have.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They didn’t want to recreate the ‘94 Rumble spot because they tried that in 2000 and the Rock hit the floor long before Big Show did, to the point they had to turn it into a storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Hahahaha thanks man