Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Look at who had to look up "Oligarch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah turns out “Meltzer Said What” was an actual cry for help

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What's this about Cosby and Murphy?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

They have a match at the next Saudi show.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Cameo posted:

It's pretty great if only because it really does prove that Eddie's bit in... Raw, I think?, about Cosby calling him up over the "filth flarn filth" doesn't have any embellishment at all. Which also means that Eddie calling up Pryor and Pryor telling him "next time he bothers you, tell him to call me and I'll tell him to go gently caress himself" is probably just as true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzFKtqEy5ZQ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Eddie Murphy hosted SNL this week and took some light shots at Bill Cosby (and really, himself) during the monologue. Basically he said if you'd asked him back when he was part of the SNL cast, which of him or Cosby would be in prison in 2019 and which would be a beloved family entertainment figure and father of 10, he'd have taken the bet on himself being behind bars.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Eddie Murphy hosted SNL this week and took some light shots at Bill Cosby (and really, himself) during the monologue. Basically he said if you'd asked him back when he was part of the SNL cast, which of him or Cosby would be in prison in 2019 and which would be a beloved family entertainment figure and father of 10, he'd have taken the bet on himself being behind bars.

And ol' Bill responded by comparing Murphy to Stepin Fetchit and also comparing him to a house slave

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

To which Cosby's rep replied with an incredibly whiny and delusional statement about how Cosby "unifed the races" while Murphy went back to the "plantation" as a "Hollywood slave".

Meanwhile, Dave Marquez is still trying to figure out whether or not he can use Cosby's statement to further defend Jim Cornette.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

this but unironically

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/FuctFaceJustin/status/1207749539446157312

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I don't see how people can see them as at all similar outside of racism

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
(READ IN JAPANESE ACCENT)

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lamuella posted:

Sorry for the weird resolution

The account that tweeted this got killed for doing an anti-Semitism, I presume?

It gets better/worse...

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1209210754571870208

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
God I hate wrestling fans

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I would like to kick Justin's rear end.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

God I hate wrestling fans

Read the comments and you'll remember why wrestling fans can actually be cool

Edit: I'm serious, for once the comments are good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

always nice to see a #DIV/0! ratio

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wrestling Twitter Excommunicado, now I collect sports cards.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I Before E posted:

I don't see how people can see them as at all similar outside of racism

Emi comes to the ring in a Freddy Mercury gimmick and Riho's tag team partner is Britt Baker. I dont see how even dumb racists can think they are ripping off the Kabuki Warriors. That tweet is legit baffling

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

Emi comes to the ring in a Freddy Mercury gimmick and Riho's tag team partner is Britt Baker. I dont see how even dumb racists can think they are ripping off the Kabuki Warriors. That tweet is legit baffling

unfortunately, it becomes easier to understand once you realize or remember that humour to these 'people' begins and ends at transgressing. it's 'funny' because it's taboo to say, regardless of any other factors.

like, either dude is genuinely ignorant or doesn't care about the distinction more than he cares about getting a hilarious tweet off, but either way i imagine he thinks he's hella clever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's like a negative percent chance any of these people have ever watched joshi, and when Kana signed with WWE she immediately became their only frame of reference for Japanese women wrestlers. That's how you get all these dumbass "durr they're ripping off Asuka" tweets (and also racism).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the best part about all of these idiots is they don't accept either of the Kabuki warriors speaking fluent english. Until they summon up the whitest possible voice to call the cops on these creeps.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

They clearly did some research into their very racist joke though with the twitter accounts they tagged in it to make sure that their oh so funny joke was seen by its targets - not too much research though since they tagged the very old English Ice Ribbon twitter that hasn't been used since 2012; the same year that both left there. Can't imagine that research involved anything more than checking wikipedia and certainly didn't involve watching either wrestle but people that make that sort of racist joke aren't well known to be big thinkers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not to mention that both Riho and Emi's socials have Gatoh Move in them, so they apparently couldn't even be bothered to look at the lower third during an entrance on AEW.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

And Excalibur mentions Gatoh Move quite a bit when Emi is there. Although any research would reveal that she debuted twenty years before Kairi Sane which make the comparison comical and it’s clearly just a racist WWE fan who refuses to believe that other wrestling exists - the same reason why people like the VCR geek are like THIS ISNT WRESTLING when they encounter clips of Gatoh Move.

What would the odds be of them calling Naito a “Nakamura wannabe” if he ever went to WWE?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Not to mention that both Riho and Emi's socials have Gatoh Move in them, so they apparently couldn't even be bothered to look at the lower third during an entrance on AEW.

Well, that's when you're making a wrong assumption.

They've never seen an episode of AEW.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Jon Moxley is a Dean Ambrose wannabe :colbert:

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
(READ IN JAPANESE ACCENT) AH WE SO GOOD

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Max Coveri posted:

(READ IN JAPANESE ACCENT) AH WE SO GOOD
tragically too long to be a username

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Looks like he deleted the tweet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

how to make friends and influence enemies vol xxx:

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1210604131037196290

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1210605280062427140

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like the cut of their jibb.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I got your back Coco. I'll hold Sapp while you stab him with a rusty homemade shank

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

From a fb group I'm in. Someone managed to find a way to make me hate the idea of New Japan and AEW working together.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lamuella posted:

From a fb group I'm in. Someone managed to find a way to make me hate the idea of New Japan and AEW working together.

I want to live in the brain that could formulate this take and then decide to post it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

colt cabana in the corner being forced to watch 41 yearold cm punk try to keep up with will ospreay even at 50% speed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Really wanna see Ospreay/Omega though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Golden Lovers v Tana & Ospreay from road to Tokyo Dome last year is still one of my favourite tag matches of all time.