Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

My Christmas is all trad Finnish stuff whether I like it or not. And I do but I can't imagine eating like this more than for that one week a year. Christmas time always means explosive shits and a hurt butt for an entire week.

This year it's my task to help grandma with the cooking. She insists on serving a traditional Christmas meal to all her kids who can come on Xmas Day but can't do it alone. Usually it's my mom, brother and me but this year my brother is abroads and mom can't make it here until tomorrow. I've cooked more Christmas hams in the last three years than my mom in her life combined - and I don't even really eat meat.

I can't help but think this might be the last time. Grandma ain't gonna get any better anymore, she's nearly 90.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Suplex Liberace posted:

my family is having a potluck. im gonna bring some brussell sprouts and broccoli all roasted up and some glazed carrots. Im realazing im outta harissa and now will have to adjust my carrots.

Roasted veg best veg. Unfortunately shortly after I discovered how great roasted brussels sprouts can be I discovered how much havoc they play on my innards. Never again, little gas bombs.

Speaking of errors in planning I apparently need a Swiss roll pan for my yule log and I'm sure as hell not going some to the store today so I need to make some adjustments as well.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think being emotionally invested at all about toys as an adult is barbaric, including video games

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Movies, on the other hand, are benevolent and pure

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Movies, on the other hand, are benevolent and pure

Cats

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had all of last week off because of my wife’s surgery and all of this week off except for the first half of today. Just that 4 hours was enough to send my anxiety off the charts thinking about all of the poo poo piling up while I’m gone. Ugh.

I’m doing the same thing next week too, only working the first half of New Year’s Eve.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m making waffles from scratch for Christmas Eve dinner/Christmas breakfast for my wife and me, and I made apple butter quick bread for Christmas Eve dinner with the in-laws, and tomorrow I’m making honey butter wheat rolls for Christmas dinner with the in-laws.

Baking is the best y’all.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

I’m making waffles from scratch for Christmas Eve dinner/Christmas breakfast for my wife and me, and I made apple butter quick bread for Christmas Eve dinner with the in-laws, and tomorrow I’m making honey butter wheat rolls for Christmas dinner with the in-laws.

Baking is the best y’all.

baking is good until you do it for money, then you want to mill yourself

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please go see Cats. If you already have, see it again.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

baking is good until you do it for money, then you want to mill yourself

Most things are good before you do it for money; capitalism is bad

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry for E/N posting

So I broke up with my ex in spring, spent a lot of time getting over her and thought I was but then last week I heard that she had started dating this guy I know who I find incredibly annoying (he's not necessarily a bad dude but he never shuts up and never has anything to say), and I got so jealous it physically hurt, so I guess I'm not over her. To make matters worse/more complicated, last Wednesday as I'm finishing up at work I get a call from my ex. She's scared and crying and is using the pet name she had for me when we were dating and she needed me to come over to her place because she thinks something bad is going to happen. I get over there a half hour later and as I drive down her street I see a cop leaving her door and as I park across the street he drives off. I get out of my car, she runs up and hugs me and then pushes me into the backseat and we start making out like nothing had ever stopped. We both pull back before it goes any further but it was a situation where we both knew if either of us had pushed even the slightest for it to go further, the other would have acquiesced. But we ended up talking for like an hour but now about a week later my head's still hosed up and I get huge flashes of jealousy/anxiety about her all the time now. I have no clue what to do now.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
fart right in her face

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

why was a cop at her house

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Her mom's a lovely drunk who tried to accost her at her house and called the cops on my ex when my she shoved her out of the house or something.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol you could at least pretend to care about her horrible situation a little more

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah reading it back, it comes off as far more flippant and callous than it actually was. I don't know how to word it better though, that was what she told me about what happened. "You know my mom's a piece of poo poo right? I shoved her out the door and then she called the cops on me for assault." We talked about poo poo but ultimately there's not a lot I feel like I can do. I don't know what to do.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:sever:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A Merry Christmas Eve and a Happy Third Night Of Chanukah to all of you my wrestle friends. Hope you all have a wonderful night!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
happy winter holidays y’all I’m going to start drinking now

It happened on 5th Avenue is a good Christmas movie

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and whatever else you celebrate this season! Hope you guys have a good time!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hope everyone here has at least a couple of days off to hang out with the people that matter the most and eat something nice. I don't know you but I'm gonna go out on a freaking limb here and say you've earned it.

It's 1:20 AM on Christmas Day here and here I am, lying in bed and thinking about how excited I was last year around this time because I was going to Tokyo for the first time in just a few days. Man, so much stuff has happened since then. Anyway, I miss that & hanging out with wrestlegoons in Japan. Hope the world doesn't explode yet next year so we can do it again.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This year I got to meet some of my closest goon friends like Oatgan and Sticky Nate and the Everything Elite boys and with any luck I hope I get to see them all again sometime soon because they're all the sweetest people I've ever met. Maybe in 2020 me and I Before E can record a live podcast where they torture me with more bad post-911 Vertigo comics in person.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

This year everything in my house broke and so everything considered I’m a lot less poor than I ought to be. I would suggest you all marry only children with well-off parents, it helps a lot.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Merry Christmas, Wrestlehouse!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Yeah reading it back, it comes off as far more flippant and callous than it actually was. I don't know how to word it better though, that was what she told me about what happened. "You know my mom's a piece of poo poo right? I shoved her out the door and then she called the cops on me for assault." We talked about poo poo but ultimately there's not a lot I feel like I can do. I don't know what to do.

My feeling is that if your previous relationship made you feel that breaking up with her was the thing to do then probably the right decision is to sever. Not enough time has passed for either of you to have made great strides in personality where you’re suddenly formatively different people, even if you’ve both been going to therapy nonstop. Getting back together is just asking to recycle the same issues you already decided you’d had enough of.

Sever; therapy; self-help books. Good therapists usually recommend good books to read also.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drinking and watching "Picnic at hanging rock" and then going out

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

For the first time in over 25 years my mom and I will be opening gifts on Christmas more rather than Christmas Eve. Basically the tradition began when I was kid and got so excited for Christmas that I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve so after a few years of that my mom went 'ok we should probably open presents Christmas Eve so you can sleep'
Buuuut I've been getting super sleepy due to not having a Dopemine enabler in my body and my mom has to work for Midnight so we were both 'ehhh, probably better to open it in the morning'
I'm not a kid any more and also I'm used to not sleeping at night.
Plan sorta backfired when I fell asleep at like 1PM and woke up when we'd normally open gifts. Oh well. At least my mom gets to sleep.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChrisBTY posted:

I've been getting super sleepy due to not having a Dopemine enabler in my body
Your story is rad, but this has me super curious. Is that a thing?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’m sure it is. Your brain can be missing/fail to produce key hormones or chemicals that cause it to release other hormones or chemicals. That’s what happened to me and my pituitary gland at least, which is why I’ll be on some sort of injectable medication for the rest of my life.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Magic posted:

My feeling is that if your previous relationship made you feel that breaking up with her was the thing to do then probably the right decision is to sever. Not enough time has passed for either of you to have made great strides in personality where you’re suddenly formatively different people, even if you’ve both been going to therapy nonstop. Getting back together is just asking to recycle the same issues you already decided you’d had enough of.

Sever; therapy; self-help books. Good therapists usually recommend good books to read also.

This, yeah. You broke up for at least one reason, and likely more than that. It’s highly unlikely those reasons have changed in less than a year, and very possibly never will. It’s reasonable to feel for whatever her situation is, but at the end of the day, it’s really best that you stay away from her for both of your sakes. :sever: isn’t just a silly emoticon

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
smokin this double dipped and snipped blunt with some randos at the pool this christmas feel blessed love life be beautiful

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Found out I am best man at my friends wedding today, very honored.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gonna go see grampy tomorrow before he dies. might happen tomorro. love you gramp

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Praying for you, Grampauro

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Merry Christmas. I sincerely love you guys even if you hate my posts or wrestling opinions. :) Don't know what I'd do without this place.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Your story is rad, but this has me super curious. Is that a thing?

I'm not sure what the technical term is, I was taking Requip (Ropinerole). It has something to do with Dopamine.

A quick read indicates it is a Dopamine simulator.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Please go see Cats. If you already have, see it again.

I just got back from Cats and it ruled.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TTBF posted:

I just got back from Cats and it ruled.

The tap dancing train cat dying on the way back to his home planet is the best film scene of the decade

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

happy holidays you jerks i love you all (especially you, the person reading this) :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

My wife is sick so we aren't going to Christmas at her folks at all. Just the two of us alone, as usual.

2019 has been a good year for us financially so I was able to get her a nice piece of jewelry, and we've already bought me a new super-ultrawide monitor and an Ergodox keyboard so I've got my silly toys, but still... I hit 40 in March and it's really dragging me down thinking about what I have that actually matters. No kids. No friends that live close by. My parents are 500 miles away, not that there's a lot of close feelings there anyway. No siblings, either.

Drunken depression ftw... :sigh: