Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Fatkraken posted:

my actual name is actually Karen, the internet can get hosed :colbert:

the karen energy in this post and avatar combo is off the fuckin' charts.

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for not taking down my (nude, "perfect") drawings when I invited my obese friend over?

Not the rear end in a top hat but I've never seen a well adjusted person with nude art on their walls so you're probably only not the rear end in a top hat in THIS scenario.

also whats the bet fat-friend considers themselves 'body positive'

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for not taking down my (nude, "perfect") drawings when I invited my obese friend over?
Sucks it's upsetting for the friend, I definitely know how low-self-esteem can be a huge problem and gently caress with weight loss. I deal w/ it by trying to focus on improving my health in general instead of hyperfocusing on weight.

That said, idk what the best solution for OP is. Taking them down temporarily would support her friend but also wouldn't really deal with the underlying issue, if the friend is getting that anxious about drawings she'll also be anxious if she's the only obese woman in the room. Taking the time to do life drawings of heavier models might help but, again, wouldn't really address the underlying issue. Not that it's OP's job to fix the underlying issue! She had a serious talk with her friend about it and why she didn't want to take them down.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"body positive" in that "i'm absolutely positive that i have a body"

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Hooray, I finally have a laptop. Time to catch up even more with the thread! Whats going o.... :yikes:

chemtrail huffer posted:

I [24M] had a horrible hookup experience and the girl [22F] ended up crying

And this is the tip of the iceberg for the thread. Been catching up on horrible crap. The Legend of Timothy the Mouse made me laugh my rear end off though. This thread is gonna last forever.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

covering all the mirrors in my house before I invite my reclusive eccentric count friend over lest he smash them since seeing his own reflection throws him into a tempestuous rage.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not very up with imperial measurements but I thought 5'8" was about average? Reminded of Jon Pop where his stated height was literally the average for african-american males.

I get the feeling that with short dudes either they accept it early on and don't give a poo poo for the rest of their lives or develop a proto-incel complex that's as self-defeating as one might expect.

Yeah, I'm an honest 6'1" which by internet standards would make me about average but I'm taller than something like 90-95% of the men I see. 5'8" seems pretty average, possibly on the slightly short end of the average range. Of course it's possible the guy is "5'8" " and not 5'8".

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

I [28 M] found out that my fiancee [28 F] was a fan of mine and specifically tracked me down before we met and I don't know how to deal with it.

quote:

I created a piece of media that became extremely popular online within the last five years. I wouldn't call it a household name, but it's close. I'm not insanely rich, but with a small amount of planning and care I will easily be able to pursue art for the rest of my life without concern.

I have a large online fandom, and I've gotten crazy messages from people in the past. I had multiple experiences (well, two) where immediately after becoming popular I tried hooking up with someone online who revealed they were a fan of mine once we met up (having concealed it during texts/calls). I wasn't comfortable with this and especially wouldn't have been comfortable with someone meeting me on this basis who I wanted to form a long term relationship with.

I met my current fiancee online, and she hadn't heard of me or the thing I made, which I was really happy about. After a few months together I told her about it and she started to go through what I made and loved it. A LOT of early relationship is based on her going through it and us talking about it.

I don't want to say how (I wasn't spying on her or going through her stuff) but I found out recently that she was a huge fan of mine prior to us meeting (to the extent of having written a novel-length fanfiction about it). I'm devastated and really creeped out.

I spoke to her about this and told her I needed time and I haven't called her/answered her texts in three days. She's apologizing like crazy and I'm not sure if this is something that is even worth giving her another chance. She lied to me SO MUCH.

Am I crazy to think this is worth talking about? I also love her and she had a bad family history that provides a partial explanation for why she did this but man. It's too much. Advice wanted.

TL;DR: My maybe-will-be wife founded our relationship on a big lie (that she didn't know who I was) and I found out she did and specifically seeked me out because she was a fan of mine. I feel really emotionally creeped out and don't feel like I can trust her anymore. Should I even give a second chance and try talking?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

This part made me laugh

quote:

In my room I have a couple of my most proud works tacked up by my desk. It's important to note that my obese friend is also an artist; she draws thin and pretty anime girls.

What OP needs to do is invite this friend to the gym and wear the type of yoga pants that becomes so thin that it exposes your butthole when you stretch

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
So are we allowed to make guesses or is that inappropriate?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Its the guy who invented anime titty mousepads

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
It's Pink Guy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Papa Emeritus III posted:

The Legend of Timothy the Mouse.

Which one is that?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

"I'm sorry my efforts make you negatively reflect on your lack of"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for gifting my sister pictures of my dog?

I'm a bit of a jackass I will admit, but hear me out. So today I was at my parent's house to celebrate Christmas Eve with my side of the family (as this year I will be spending Christmas with my girlfriend's this year). Anyways, we opened presents up early this morning. Something I should note about my sister is that she LOVES her children. Which is great and I do love my nephews, but every year she gets me magnets, pictures, blankets and pretty much anything she can plaster her kids on.

While it's nice, I don't have a shrine at my house dedicated to them and I know this might sound selfish, but I don't really want them as I don't know what to do with them. They end up in a drawer or something, cause one year she got me a large tapestry thing with her kids on it, and it was HUGE. Obviously I didn't want to hang it up as it quite literally covered the entire wall. I never say anything to her as I don't want to offend her and ruin Christmas.

So that's when I had the genius idea of doing the same thing but with my dog. I put him in a little tie, took his picture and put it in a frame. I love my dog as my child, so I figured I'd gift it to my sister. (I also got her a $25 Starbucks card as she's obsessed with them and I wasn't trying to be petty). Anyways, she opens it up and her face drops. Then she goes to me and says, "what the gently caress am I supposed to do with this?" Without a thought I said, "same thing I do with yours, it'll look good on your coffee table".

Long story short, she got mad, my family is pretty much on my side expect for a couple of people who thought it was funny but in the end "dogs aren't comparable to humans". Which I don't necessarily agree with and wasn't the point of the gift, but whatever, I thought it was funny, but I need unbiased opinons, AITA?

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Short guy who had a meltdown in the bagel shop finally got engaged.

SalTheBard posted:

Which one is that?

oh man, paaaaages back but this family had a paper mache mouse and would treat it like a child. Daughter in law got pregnant and was like "Now you have a real grandchild. Timothy doesn't count." and the stepfather flipped his poo poo and cussed her out in the fake Timothy voice.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Miserable Maid posted:

It's Pink Guy

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

mossyfisk posted:

The Twitter comments seem to think it's Toby Fox, although I think Toby is too savvy to post that many identifying details in a Reddit post.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I don't really feel like the description he gave matches Undertale, which is nowhere close to being a household name and really only surged in popularity in the last 2 years

I tried to track down the tweet and it's been deleted so maybe they were closer than I thought...

FormaldehydeSon fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 25, 2019

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I don't really feel like the description he gave matches Undertale, which is nowhere close to being a household name and really only surged in popularity in the last 2 years

I don't know anything about the Homestuck guy, but that poo poo was inescapable.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's a same sex relationship and the go bwaw kid now they're older.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

its something people would write novel length fanfictions about and the dude seems to type fairly reasonably and sanely so hes not a youtuber...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Undertale was huge in 2015, though. It definitely was really big at release.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Undertale was inescapably popular from the moment of release

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Undertale was inescapably popular from the moment of release

It was so huge I still haven’t played it, because I was sick of it before I even booted it up. That poo poo was EVERYWHERE.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I still don't know what undertale is and I'm a little proud of myself

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PYF had to put in special "shut the gently caress up about undertale" rule because everywhere you could wedge in undertale it got wedged in to the point of drowning out all other content.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Barudak posted:

PYF had to put in special "shut the gently caress up about undertale" rule because everywhere you could wedge in undertale it got wedged in to the point of drowning out all other content.

Yet they still can't do it for star wars

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Undertale was huge if you were extremely online, but pretty much no one else knows about it. Stop 10 people on the street and 9 of them won't know wtf you're talking about.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mossyfisk posted:

It's Rib Kid

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ranbo das posted:

Stop 10 people on the street and 9 of them won't know wtf you're talking about.

I think that's an optimistic return rate.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Clearly its Grover. Although the only person making novel length fanfiction about that dude is me so...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Maybe it's the Stardew Valley guy. Wider known than Undertale, fits the timeframe, was a one-man operation, also had a very vibrant fan community.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 25, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Comedy Answer: It's Mr. Steak, manga translation superstar.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Stardew Valley guy had a commited relationship since before the games release so I don't think it's him

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bramble posted:

While the social pressure on men to be tall is often toxic and puts them into an impossible situation, I have yet to read a post by or about a short guy that didn't involve them being a broke-brained wreck.

The toxic pressure is what breaks them, yes

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
My money is on homestuck

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Stardew Valley guy had a commited relationship since before the games release so I don't think it's him

You know I guess for some reason I just imagined that the person who spent four years on end coding a SNES-graphic remake of Harvest Moon by himself would be single.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Chomp8645 posted:

Maybe it's the Stardew Valley guy. Wider known than Undertale, fits the timeframe, was a one-man operation, also had a very vibrant fan community.

Doubtful - he had a gf who supported him while he was developing the game and I believe they are engaged or married now.

Given the number of manchildren that want a fuckmaid to take care of them while they work on an esports career, she must feel like she hit the jackpot.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Andrew Hussey seems too proud and "well adjusted" to go to Reddit for advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Chomp8645 posted:

You know I guess for some reason I just imagined that the person who spent four years on end coding a SNES-graphic remake of Harvest Moon by himself would be single.