Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

OK Boomer posted:

Even more than that. There's no way his staffers are directly vetting and recruiting signature gatherers. The candidate's team finds one of several (incredibly shady) contractors who maintain signature gatherers on a gig basis or they rapidly vet and hire whatever their gig pool cannot handle. These outfits are hired guns, they will work for republicans, democrats, real estate developers (most often). They charge the campaign per signature, and give a portion of that to their gatherers. The fees are also dependent on the time constraints of the campaign. If the signature gathering contractor is paying $15 per signature, then you can be guaranteed that the campaign is paying $20-$30 per signature to its contractor.

The business of signature gathering is INCREDIBLY shady as there's a great incentive for those gatherers to commit fraud and fabricate signatures. Thus a "fraud rate" is calculated, so if you need 1500 signatures, you collect 1750 or 2500 if you really don't want to be bounced by thesecretary of state. The signatures are investigated by statistical analysis from a randomly chosen set of submitted signatures, where they actually DO check signatures against voter regs.

This whole system exists for billionaires to sidestep the democratic process of sig gathering that non billionaires must do.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

when i was gathering signatures for bernie to be on the ballot in va there was this incredibly dire text at the bottom that threatened anyone caught falsifying signatures with 10 years in prison. so i guess the companies just leave anyone who gets caught falsifying signatures out to dry, despite having received 50% of the payment for the fraud?

also, it feels good to know that the signatures i gathered for bernie had a market price of $900.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I've been gone a few days on here anything I miss?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

I found the direct book quote lol

"Sgt. Roy Bumgarner of the Army’s 1st Cavalry Division and later the 173rd Airborne Brigade “reportedly amassed an astonishing personal body count of more than 1,500 enemy KIAs, sometimes logging more kills with his six-man ‘wildcat’ team than the rest of his 500-man battalion combined."

a guy involved in his court martial mailed the nyt when he saw the article outraged telling them of his view of bumgarner, they said they'd pass it to the foreign affair dep, they passed it to the military who said to the extent that "we need the troops, he was already punished" this book owns

Which book was this?

Dec 26, 2012

Chuka Umana posted:

mike bloomberg used prison labor for campaign phone calls

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chuka Umana posted:

trcgtyimop

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

The issue is that D&D only punishes a certain tone and doesn't seem to realize it has this obvious cultural bias. It's the reason why I almost never get probated despite constantly making extremely condescending and insulting posts at people, and it's also the reason why the centrist/liberal posters are rarely punished - their hostility usually takes the form of condescension and concern trolling, which tends to go unpunished because it doesn't "feel as bad" by the cultural sensibilities of the mods.

Functionally there is no difference between directly calling someone a piece of poo poo and condescendingly insinuating that they're a piece of poo poo. In a reasonable world neither would get punished unless it was causing an escalation that's detrimental to the thread (or was connected to noxious political views).

(btw congratulations on getting unprobated)

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

i came here to post the same thing

i have over a billion dollars!....but now i really need one from you!!!

:( i was hoping it was a message from a friend saying hey. and it totally wasn't. talk about succ.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Only a coward puts someone else on ignore

THS
Sep 15, 2017

are twitter embeds hosed up for anyone else

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

THS posted:

on awful app and yes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Judakel posted:

imagine a world without trump i say as i furiously check twitter for trump news

Whenever Trump's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Trump?"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

THS posted:

On and off but it's nice, it means my app experience matches my desktop one with platform.twitter.com blocked

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

wish I was making 15/hour :smith:

the market decides :colbert:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

readingatwork posted:

Have a spectacularly bad take on Night in the Woods from Movie Robert.

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1209309327846236160?s=21

Same. I’m only half paying attention but I’m pretty sure I just heard some rear end in a top hat talking about how all this purity testing over M4A will die down soon.

NITW is a great game, and I just realized it'd be a good gift for my friend.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Which book was this?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GoluboiOgon posted:

when i was gathering signatures for bernie to be on the ballot in va there was this incredibly dire text at the bottom that threatened anyone caught falsifying signatures with 10 years in prison. so i guess the companies just leave anyone who gets caught falsifying signatures out to dry, despite having received 50% of the payment for the fraud?

also, it feels good to know that the signatures i gathered for bernie had a market price of $900.

every phone call you make for jess has a market value of $69.69 btw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The issue is that D&D only punishes a certain tone and doesn't seem to realize it has this obvious cultural bias. It's the reason why I almost never get probated despite constantly making extremely condescending and insulting posts at people, and it's also the reason why the centrist/liberal posters are rarely punished - their hostility usually takes the form of condescension and concern trolling, which tends to go unpunished because it doesn't "feel as bad" by the cultural sensibilities of the mods.

Functionally there is no difference between directly calling someone a piece of poo poo and condescendingly insinuating that they're a piece of poo poo. In a reasonable world neither would get punished unless it was causing an escalation that's detrimental to the thread (or was connected to noxious political views).

this is why its so funny to see cspammers struggle in D&D, its really easy to never get probed lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I just finished No Good Men Among the Living and it made me Real Mad as predicted

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

This is an underrated post. It's so enlightening.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Just a torrent of succ:

quote:

Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg sells his health-care plan as a moderate alternative to Medicare-for-all — offering a government-sponsored plan to those who want it while letting others keep their private and employer-sponsored insurance.

But the South Bend, Ind., mayor’s plan has a catch: If you choose not to enroll in any coverage, you could still be on the hook for thousands of dollars. Under Buttigieg’s proposal, Americans who lack coverage would be automatically enrolled in the government plan, potentially saddling them with a big bill at the end of the year for “retroactive” coverage.

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1209635176919261185

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1209637441751191555

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Ten? oh man it'd be so good if he died

the current president of Brazil Jair Bolsonaro, should die. if this is unlikely to occur from natural causes, his death should be effecreted by any method of murder or assassination proven workable

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Even then, one of the really telling moments for me was when PPJ probated you for even lightly casting doubt on Uglycat's bizarre "Mayor Pete is my personal best friend!!!" rants (and me for comparing him to Caro, which, to be fair, was slightly more justified, but still). This was, of course, a week before Uglycat got too insane even for PPJ.

the current president of Brazil Jair Bolsonaro, should die. if this is unlikely to occur from natural causes, his death should be effecreted by any method of murder or assassination proven workable

He's literally one of the greatest threats to human survival, given his clearly-stated desire to burn down the Amazon.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

what actually happened

did someone try to kill him and if so why didn't they try harder

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I get texts from from trump/gop chuds all the time and I dunno why. I block the numbers but it's always from s different number. So I've resorted to just texting back "eat my rear end."

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if elected bernie will personally strangle Jair Bolsonaro to death

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bolsonaro got stabbed during the presidential campaign, but a few days ago gravity tried to take him out while he was in a bathroom

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Majorian posted:

Even then, one of the really telling moments for me was when PPJ probated you for even lightly casting doubt on Uglycat's bizarre "Mayor Pete is my personal best friend!!!" rants (and me for comparing him to Caro, which, to be fair, was slightly more justified, but still). This was, of course, a week before Uglycat got too insane even for PPJ.

I'm 50% sure I met Uglicat IRL at a dive bar in South Bend back in 2014 or 2015. The way that dude writes and his life that he revealed matches up with the guy I have in mind.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

smarxist posted:

there's a twitter left kerfluffle brewing about Sady Doyle and her "retraumatization" spiel and it's' gonna be a real poo poo fest

postiing this from the past, but if you didn't already post these whinefests by god please do

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

does D&D even like Biden

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Majorian posted:

He's literally one of the greatest threats to human survival, given his clearly-stated desire to burn down the Amazon.

His murder is literally self defense by any living being on earth. He should be exposed to a run of irrate boars

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Truniht posted:

does D&D even like Biden

They love Warren because it allows them to pretend to be left but I think even the most die hard Warrenites among them realize that she doesn't have a realistic shot anymore.

Overall they have accepted the inevitability of Biden because they believe Better Things Aren't Possible, though there are a few good Bernie posters amongst the rabble.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Unfortunately death was unable to flush his soul down the toilet because they had just installed lo flow ones and medics arrived before flush number 15

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

parasite owns, as do dark waters and knives out

knives out was schweet. not perfect, but for this time, extremely good still

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whoever stabbed him should be made the next president

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Truniht posted:

does D&D even like Biden

here's a more important question

should I dare venture into D&D to solicit donations for jess? seems untapped but also... they are them.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nichael posted:

here's a more important question

should I dare venture into D&D to solicit donations for jess? seems untapped but also... they are them.

the worst that could happen is you get 0 donations, go for it

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

parasite is an actual masterpiece about class struggle. mandatory cspam viewing

dark waters is effective anti-corporate propaganda that works on libs

knives out is liberal but just an incredibly fun movie

:hai:

gently caress, didn't we have a turbohai for extreme concordance?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what excuses has d&d made up to hate bernie this time around? I don't ever go there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tetracube posted:

what excuses has d&d made up to hate bernie this time around? I don't ever go there

They said they oppose him because they suck out loud and are huge losers who hate good things and winners