Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

e: forget it. Not worth getting into a stupid argument.

Bad opinion tax: there is no such thing as a good media player. All of them suck. Yes, even Winamp.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Dec 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Atticus_1354 posted:

What are you talking about? There are lots of roads with speed limits above 65. I was just legally driving 80mph. You have bad opinions and are objectively wrong.

Not around here there aren't.

The point is limiting top speed to 65 miles per hour is demonstrably fine, not that there aren't places where it's legal to drive faster than that at the ATM moment.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Jerry Cotton posted:

The point is limiting top speed to 65 miles per hour is demonstrably fine, not that there aren't places where it's legal to drive faster than that at the ATM moment.

So your statement that it's illegal was wrong and lowering the limit to 65mph and putting governors on vehicles wouldnt actually improve road safety.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The posted speed limit is roughly that everywhere in North America except the west with long flat stretches of highway. The posted speed limit is a totally different thing from putting speed regulators on cars which is a broken idiot solution to traffic issues. Similarly being unable to conceive of situations where you would even briefly accelerate to pass someone is brokebrained and implies you have little experience actually driving on a highway. I’m imagining gripweed cruising along in a semi’s blind spot at 65 « I’m safe! »

E: unrelatedly, I think yeah i eat rear end should be ik of this thread

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Dec 25, 2019

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

You’re objectively wrong unless you’re not the goon that lives in Finland. Also, you don’t know how traffic flow works very well. I’ve been to Finland, people definitely speed except in the .1 mile before the speed cameras.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

You’re objectively wrong unless you’re not the goon that lives in Finland. Also, you don’t know how traffic flow works very well. I’ve been to Finland, people definitely speed except in the .1 mile before the speed cameras.

...is this that findom thing I've heard about?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ban all cars and force people to live in a 200m radius imo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ban all cars and force people to live in a 200m radius imo

Finally some logic

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Radius of what?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Radius of what?

Their house

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But I don't wanna live in a 200m radius of their house... this sucks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How about all cars have speed limiters built in that change the max speed the car can go based on the population density of the area they are currently in. If you'r eon the open highway between cities, you can go as fast as you want. But the closer you get to a population center the slower you can go. By the time you're actually in the middle of a major city, you can't drive over fifteen miles an hour.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

How about all cars have speed limiters built in that change the max speed the car can go based on the population density of the area they are currently in. If you'r eon the open highway between cities, you can go as fast as you want. But the closer you get to a population center the slower you can go. By the time you're actually in the middle of a major city, you can't drive over fifteen miles an hour.

Yeah why not that'd be functionally twice as fast as we have now

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
raise the speed limit 20 miles an hour across the board and have autobahn rules for highways. :rice:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

raise the speed limit 20 miles an hour across the board and have autobahn rules for highways. :rice:

This but unironically

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rizzo the Rat is the worst Muppet and easily the worst part of A Muppet Christmas Carol. If the rest of the movie were even a little weaker, he'd break it.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

As a kid I thought all the muppets were unnerving and gross

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This but unironically

who the gently caress said I was being ironic??

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Universally available public transit is not an easy problem to solve but it is a solvable problem.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

docbeard posted:

Universally available public transit is not an easy problem to solve but it is a solvable problem.

It's pretty easy. We came up with trains like 200 years ago. Juts make more of them. Where you can't do trains, do buses. Boom, done, easy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So, basically any major city outside of LA?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I take transit for work (except for one time I drove just to see what it was like to drive here-it's bad) and social calls but I like driving the back roads for pleasure so imo we should just solve climate change. Easy peasy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When I lived in NYC it was nice being able to take the subway anywhere, but less nice when you realized it would take a completely unpredictable but typically way too long amount of time. Or sometimes your R train would turn into a D train and drop you off in chinatown.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Rizzo the Rat is the worst Muppet and easily the worst part of A Muppet Christmas Carol. If the rest of the movie were even a little weaker, he'd break it.
I’ll go ahead and say it. The muppets are all terrible, top to bottom. Now they are shilling for Facebook which just confirms what I’ve known forever.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Fozzie Bear is a CIA asset

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I take transit for work (except for one time I drove just to see what it was like to drive here-it's bad) and social calls but I like driving the back roads for pleasure so imo we should just solve climate change. Easy peasy.

I solved climate change a long time ago. Change nothing and just move everyone away from the coasts and deserts until we colonize Mars or the moon or whatever.

Bing bang boom, problem solved.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Faustian Bargain posted:

I’ll go ahead and say it. The muppets are all terrible, top to bottom. Now they are shilling for Facebook which just confirms what I’ve known forever.

The Disney Muppets are no good, sure. But the classic Muppets are a delight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSJc72OC7Dg

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Public transit in America is a joke compared to my glorious nation

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Everyone gets off at Slutstation!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

I solved climate change a long time ago. Change nothing and just move everyone away from the coasts and deserts until we colonize Mars or the moon or whatever.

Gather up all the nukes, bury them all in one place. Set them all off. Crack this rock apart, irradiated so badly the cockroaches take over. No more people alive to care. Problem solved.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't want to creep on you but I am fairly certain you live in Chicago because I remember you liking all the same teams my dad liked (he liked bad teams btw)

Assuming you are in Chicago, gently caress off with your long-term schemes to make your dumbass lake city relevant. No one wants your weird dogs or anything else. Lincoln wasn't even from there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Why don't we just pump all the extra CO2 into space? Hell, the moon doesn't even have a climate so they'd probably be pretty grateful.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's ok to put ketchup on hot dogs

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't want to creep on you but I am fairly certain you live in Chicago because I remember you liking all the same teams my dad liked (he liked bad teams btw)

Assuming you are in Chicago, gently caress off with your long-term schemes to make your dumbass lake city relevant. No one wants your weird dogs or anything else. Lincoln wasn't even from there.

Ugh, I don't want anyone else coming here. Let my city slide gracefully into the rust belt like all the rest of the great lake cities in peace and quiet.

hawowanlawow posted:

it's ok to put ketchup on hot dogs

Agreed. People should be allowed to make their own mistakes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Heaven's Divide is way better than Snake Eater

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gripweed posted:

The Disney Muppets are no good, sure. But the classic Muppets are a delight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSJc72OC7Dg
:hmmyes:

I still remember that Jason Siegel Muppet movie (remember that was a thing that happened) which spent its entire runtime insisting beyond insistence that the world needed classic Muppet Show antics again without ever once pausing to justify why our culture needed them. It was pure Gen-X masturbation. Bitch I grew up with Sesame, Fraggles, Muppet Babies, Muppet movies, and still cry like a bitch at certain songs about/by Henson and even I didn't like the loving Muppet Show reruns growing up.

The best part is when they show the Muppet Show 2.0 in the third act and the footage is intercut with shot inserts of generic happy parents and their kids gathering around a TV to watch like a loving marketing reel and literally no one bought it because the entire concept was over a 1/3rd of a century out of date.

Then some cokehead pitched "Muppets, but it's 30 Rock/The Office" and again no one bought it because literally no one wants that. No one wants anything from the core Muppet cast. Let them die. Go do more cool poo poo like Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.

This is the same world in which loving Sesame Street has sold its first-run episodes to premium networks in a terrifying gentrification maneuver though, so "gently caress this gay earth" and all that.

Gripweed posted:

Heaven's Divide is way better than Snake Eater

Yeah but Snake Eater is way more digestible and has way better hooks, so

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mind the walrus posted:

Then some cokehead pitched "Muppets, but it's 30 Rock/The Office" and again no one bought it because literally no one wants that.

I liked that show.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ketchup on hot dogs isn’t just ok- it tastes good.

Ketchup is also good on eggs, and in KD.

Ketchup chips are good.

All burgers can be dipped in ketchup, especially if you mix in hot sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ketchup is too sugary, but I'll allow it on french fries the few times a year I eat those. Would never buy it tho, Worcestershire, mustard, and various chili sauces are so much better.