Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm just kinda amazed that right wing sites stay up for so long until they run out of cash considering the members can't keep their mouths shut about doing crimes for one second. I mean, hell, Kiwi Farms is basically a platform explicitly made for cyberstalking of generic US citizens and it somehow hasn't gotten the owner sued or subpoena'd to my knowledge save for when New Zealand requested info on stuff related to the Christchurch massacre that promptly got shot down by the site owner. I guess I'm just very naive but aren't there laws against this stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

I guess I'm just very naive but aren't there laws against this stuff?

under the prevailing standard you can advocate violence in the abstract ("the rich should be guillotined") under the first amendment. speech is not protected only when it is "directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action" ("in one minute let's leave here with that rope over there and hang your scumbag landlord john smith by his neck from the corner lamppost until he is dead").

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm just kinda amazed that right wing sites stay up for so long until they run out of cash considering the members can't keep their mouths shut about doing crimes for one second. I mean, hell, Kiwi Farms is basically a platform explicitly made for cyberstalking of generic US citizens and it somehow hasn't gotten the owner sued or subpoena'd to my knowledge save for when New Zealand requested info on stuff related to the Christchurch massacre that promptly got shot down by the site owner. I guess I'm just very naive but aren't there laws against this stuff?

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 basically absolves website owners of liability for what users say on their site, so long as they take action when they're notified of illegal content. That, plus well defined First Amendment protections, make it really hard to go after a website for the content users put on it.

It has to both get pretty directly threatening AND the website has to know about it and ignore it in a way that doesn't even leave a fig leaf of deniability before a website could even potentially be liable for what a user does.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I guess it makes sense, I was just seeing a lot of consistent support from Alex Jones to more alt-right reactionaries. I was wondering if there was something more insidious happening. But I guess it shouldn’t surprise me how much contrarians all have the same take.

well, #resistance Twitter has been certain she’s funded by russia for years now, so u can definitely find claims of nefarious poo poo. regardless of that she is definitely in the constellation of ostensibly left contrarians who buck the dem establishment by going on tucker carlson and complaining about trump derangement syndrome. no thx

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

christ... it was only a matter of time before podcast white guys led to podcast white girls... but I didn't think it would happen so fast

[picking up a phone that's labeled "ah poo poo"] we need to accelerate our timetable

*Sees two dots in New York begin to rapidly multiply*

God help us.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I guess it makes sense, I was just seeing a lot of consistent support from Alex Jones to more alt-right reactionaries. I was wondering if there was something more insidious happening. But I guess it shouldn’t surprise me how much contrarians all have the same take.

A nominal democrat breaking ranks with the party on some issues is always going to be a news item. Especially when its the one saying that forever war is bad but not because of the obvious things but because it was fought on a slightly wrong side.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sedisp posted:

*Sees two dots in New York begin to rapidly multiply*

God help us.

CDC, two dots blinking on the map of the city: "Calm down people, they're podcasters, not rabbits. We have plenty of time to cordon off the area and sterilize the infection."

CDC, two weeks later, entire map of the city lit up and blinking: "we have failed"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/IntegrityforUSA/status/1209220626629693442?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1209363099758874624
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1209366454874673152

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
We'rE gOnNa StArT a cIvIL wAr bEcAusE YoU ImPeAchEd TrUmO!
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1209571994355818503

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

staticman posted:

We'rE gOnNa StArT a cIvIL wAr bEcAusE YoU ImPeAchEd TrUmO!
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1209571994355818503

do we know if the troop or his mom are chuds?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

he really is going to be the brazilian trump

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Shame he didn't forget how to breathe

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is this fascist code for “had a stroke”?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Hope he forgets he’s president and becomes like a prince and pauper thing and like idk

gently caress him

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
What if Bolsonaro lost all his memory and has a chance to remake his life anew?

Will there be a Communist Sorry Dictator run for Bolsonaro?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Didn't Salazar get a cerebral hemorrhage from falling in his bath?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Internalized Piss Drinker

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I bet they're lying and it's related to his stab wound

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Oh yeah, I forgot that he got stabbed by some king among men.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
memory loss is very convenient when you're a corrupt politician

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

seems like he had a stroke or something and this is coverup

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If he does somehow have amnesia, I'd much rather he be brainwashes into being compassionate and productivity.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thatäs papa johns though?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This owns lol.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

extremely normal hospital procedure for healthy recovery of fully conscious patient of blowdrying the hair of the motionless nude body

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theyre finishing up his bathtime

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
please help my bolsonaro clone, hes very sick. and so are the rest of them!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He just wanted a Pepsi.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
(pictured) Italian Steve Bannon clone entering final stages of gestation.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is it normal to suffer memory loss after falling?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I don't know?

OK Boomer
Sep 2, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I fell down?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

sure if you hit your head hard enough

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

you gotta really fukkken conk your nog to lose memory and getting brain jostled hard enough to lose consciousness is like, "oh poo poo you might die" levels of skull thumping

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

what I'm saying is, santa, you know what to do to make this christmas truly magical

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Nice nips, rear end in a top hat

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
lol that picture came up on twitter and I didn't know who it was and thought it had something to do with a recent "this is what women should dress like" tradwife post.

but yeah very disrespectful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

extremely normal hospital procedure for healthy recovery of fully conscious patient of blowdrying the hair of the motionless nude body

...Is there an actual procedure that has you blowdrying hair?