Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Animal-Mother posted:

You know, I don't think there's anything in the rules that says you can't use the Force to jerk yourself off.

The sacred Jedi texts are just vintage skin mags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

One of them was the Jedi Kama Sutra.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You wont like that book, says Luke grinning, its nothing but pages of Jizz Music

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The only criticisms i have for this big fun swashbuckling laser opera movie were: 1. Rey was better as a nobody. Not everyone has to be a secret descendant of space magic royalty.

This was the thing about thr movie I disliked most. The one before it went out of its way to set up a more populist take on the Jedi mythos, and their backpedaling on it in this one felt like the studio caving to chud/turbonerd backlash on the subject.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

What's this on the pages Master Skywalker?

Oh um, must have spilled some blue milk...

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The fan theory about Rey being a Kenobi was somehow even stupider than her having dark side tendencies and Emperor lightning in her blood and this is where my brain says "NOPE! That's too much thought about this let's think about those cat videos you watched earlier!"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My theory was always that she was a skywalker because Rey has a Jake Lloyd (circa Phanto Menace) face.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The fan theory about Rey being a Kenobi was somehow even stupider than her having dark side tendencies and Emperor lightning in her blood and this is where my brain says "NOPE! That's too much thought about this let's think about those cat videos you watched earlier!"

I dont know, I could see Obi Wan getting some action at some point on Tatooine. Those late nights at the Mos Eisley cantina, a guy makes mistakes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Just Chamber posted:

I dont know, I could see Obi Wan getting some action at some point on Tatooine. Those late nights at the Mos Eisley cantina, a guy makes mistakes.

Obi Wan bats for the other team.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do you think if you get drunk and try to use mental suggestion that it doesnt work or does it go wrong. Like Obi wan trying to scam free drinks and ending up with an ever growing pile of cheese nachos

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Palpatine fucks

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

sassassin posted:

Obi Wan bats for the other team.

High ground = he's a top.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Palpatine fucks

You take a date to Olive Spaceport and get her the UNLIMITED BREADSTICKS and youve already sealed the deal

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Let's not pretend he was interested in humans, there's a reason he was so good at krayt dragon calls.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Mos Eisley is where you go to pick up space-goth chicks with space weed vape pens.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Away all Goats posted:

Palpatine fucks

Was there ever a doubt?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

palpatine free balls under his stinky, dark wizard robe. his body is completely smooth and hairless

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah but ya know who fucks more than Palpatine ever could?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Tunicate posted:

Just continuing how TLJ spent half the film backpedaling its own first half, the sequel trilogy makes a complete zigzag.

You could take the scene of Luke fading into the Force from TLJ and use it to glue TFA and ROS together and you wouldn’t even notice that TLJ was missing. Luke dying is the only thing that wasn’t retconned from that movie.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Yeah but ya know who fucks more than Palpatine ever could?

Oh so close but it's clearly

I mean just look at the size of those hands :swoon:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Reybi-wan Keneybi

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Looking back at the whole trilogy, I like that Rey never fully embraces The Hero's JourneyTM and hers is more one of self-discovery (Luke's was, too, but that wasn't his initial motivation). I don't think a woman has any need for the Hero's Journey; I've always felt it addressed specifically male insecurities.

What do you mean by this? What’s specifically masculine about characters growing and changing through learning and sacrifice?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

What do you mean by this? What’s specifically masculine about characters growing and changing through learning and sacrifice?

I assume that post was trolling or an unsourced reddit/cinema discusso quote.

But if not: lol

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I choose to believe that Kylo Ren sucks at lightsabers so bad because he's whatever the space equivalent of a weeaboo is for Sith Culture, and "studying the blade" in mangas about his grandad is what lead to him being nearly owned by a stormtrooper.

Just picture Kylo unboxing that busted rear end excalibur lightsaber of his while the ginger space nazi yells "IT'S TAPE!"

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)

Hillary 2020 posted:

Who made C-3P0 fluent in over six million forms of communication or gave him his first job programming binary load lifters 'cos I don't think it was Anakin Skywalker.

Outside the movie environment the RLM guys are probably right, it's likely just Anthony Daniels demanding a heroic sacrifice moment for his character given he isn't likely to get to play C-3P0 again

It was a heroic sacrifice. I loved the humor of him continually reintroducing himself. That was good writing.

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)
Double post from phone

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The Kylo Finn fight is much better as a fight than the other ones in this trilogy. He knows he’s much better than Finn and easily beats him, but injures himself doing it because he is arrogant.

Kylo shouldn’t really be super good at fighting with laser swords anyway. He learned from Luke who was not exactly a sword fighting expert himself.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Real talk, friends: I would daily drive the poo poo out of a star destroyer.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

sassassin posted:

Anakin also says the Jedi must be on Tatooine to free slaves, and angels live on the moons of Iago. He's 7.

I love the part in TPM where Anakin is like “Are you here to free the slaves?” And Qui-Gon is like “Hahaha no.”

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I will however free one slave because that particular slave can be useful to me.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Barudak posted:

Do you think if you get drunk and try to use mental suggestion that it doesnt work or does it go wrong. Like Obi wan trying to scam free drinks and ending up with an ever growing pile of cheese nachos

Lol. Drinks on the counsel

i mean

On the house

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Saw it, it wasn't terrible or great on its own. But felt like the trilogy as a whole turned out to be a directionless mess. Maybe Carrie Fisher dying had something to do with that, maybe Disney was focus grouping the plot out of JJs control. Maybe JJ is a hack, I dunno. Also everyone was assholes to C3PO.

All I know is that the absolute peak of the new trilogy is the first 15 minutes where Finn is s faceless trooper, watches his friend get shot and die in pain and smear blood on his helmet, watches a warcrime, then has a PTSD breakdown back on the star destroyer. Everything went downhill from there.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Didn't they say that Carrie (RIP :smith:) dying upended the ideas they had for ROS and they had to scramble to rewrite it? Or was the the case with TLJ?

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 26, 2019

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Her brother came out and said the original idea was for Leia to be the last Jedi and Leia would have been full on lightsaber fighting in this movie, but AFAIK nobody at Disney or any cast members confirmed that. Sounds stupid enough to be true though.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Away all Goats posted:

Palpatine fucks

Now do you think he mainly sticks to the Sarlacc Pit? Or (being a Sith) he occasionally ventures to the dark side?

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Also with CGI Luke, Leia, and Tarkin I am convinced there is going to be a big blockbuster movie in the next decade that will have the CGI model of a dead, beloved actor in the starring role. My money is on Robin Williams. Disney already hosed him while he was alive over Aladdin. Now they can get a relative to sign a paper and they can gently caress him while he's dead, too.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Lukethomas101/status/1209950464848125952?s=20

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Mrs. Dash posted:

Also with CGI Luke, Leia, and Tarkin I am convinced there is going to be a big blockbuster movie in the next decade that will have the CGI model of a dead, beloved actor in the starring role. My money is on Robin Williams. Disney already hosed him while he was alive over Aladdin. Now they can get a relative to sign a paper and they can gently caress him while he's dead, too.

I read somewhere they'd already digitized James Dean

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
^^^ Jinx

Mrs. Dash posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1192096571401355269?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Drink-Mix Man posted:

This was the thing about thr movie I disliked most. The one before it went out of its way to set up a more populist take on the Jedi mythos, and their backpedaling on it in this one felt like the studio caving to chud/turbonerd backlash on the subject.

Honestly, it's not even specifically this retcon that bothers me. The tragic thing about Rey's parentage wasn't that they weren't anyone special, it's that they abandoned her, they were deadbeats who sold her into slavery for drinking money. Nobody had ever cared for her, she could kill herself and it would not matter to anyone in all time and space. She was truly nothing.

Well, except now it turns out they were decent people after all who died trying to hide her from her evil grandfather.

The truly weird thing is that Abrams seems to think he got away with something, like having his cake and eating it, too. I mentioned before he even sees fit to give "your parents are nobody" something of a 'second reveal' as if to emphasize how important that revelation is, only to seemingly write over it in mere minutes afterward.

The only thing I can think of is… does JJ Abrams actually think having parents who were not special or significant is something awful* and worth getting upset over?

* No pun intended