Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

`Nemesis posted:

It's pretty much this. A drug that knocks out depression in one person can just make the next person worse. It gets much harder once you start having to use multiple medications because you've run through the normal ones and now you have to stack them while still managing the side effects. It really sucks for the patient.

One of my close friends suffered an extremely traumatic childhood and currently takes 13 pills a day between all her prescriptions, and it’s still not quite enough to perfectly regulate her and very expensive without insurance. Part of the reason I’ve been working to break away from my workplace with my own company has been to employ her with insurance and a living wage that can ensure she has what she needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Screaming Idiot posted:

If I see a brony who isn't a creep and a cretin, I'll gladly accept them. Hell, I know of at least one moderator here, in this very thread, who is a brony and they're one of the coolest, kindest, most compassionate people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

It’s me, except for the brony part.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Burt Sexual posted:

It’s me, except for the brony part.

[visibly reels in disgust]

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Screaming Idiot posted:

If I see a brony who isn't a creep and a cretin, I'll gladly accept them. Hell, I know of at least one moderator here, in this very thread, who is a brony and they're one of the coolest, kindest, most compassionate people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Being a Brony doesn't mean they can't be a good person.

But it does mean that they're a person who chooses to define themselves by their singular love of a children's cartoon show. And that is plenty laughable.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I think spending a huge amount of time reading and posting in the climate change thread just breaks the poo poo out of people’s brains.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All subcultures are toxic.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Paladinus posted:

OK Boomer.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

which jrpg final boss monologue is this?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Paladinus posted:

Even the Truckfucklers from the OSHA thread, but at least we wear PPE when handling toxic substances like ourselves.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think spending a huge amount of time reading and posting in the climate change thread just breaks the poo poo out of people’s brains.

I'm pretty sure D&D remains the only subfourm to regularly drive people to the suicide helpline.

And the climate change thread is just a particularity miserable pile of people waxing about how they, and they alone are the only ones smart enough to comprehend the climate crisis.
No, we're not looking for a reason to feed our misery, it's because we're cursed with the burden of being so smart!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

Sounds like a culturally bound syndrome.

The last i read about DID, if it exists as its own thing, its basically a culturally bound way of expressing Borderline Personality Disorder. Its not "multiple personalities'", its more like "no personality", just acting however you think the person/people you're interacting with want to see.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

accelerationism is bad

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ASenileAnimal posted:

which jrpg final boss monologue is this?

It reminds me -- and this is an intense power-level-showing post, I'm aware -- of the manga adaptation of Mother 2/Earthbound, where the ending involves Giygas giving an "I'm saving the earth from the evils of humanity" speech like this, and the heroes hesitate for like ten seconds before someone is like "come on, dude's full of poo poo, it's Giygas" and the fight starts. Even a crazy-rear end Nintendo manga adaptation of an SNES game couldn't take this poo poo seriously.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Antivehicular posted:

Even a crazy-rear end Nintendo manga adaptation of an SNES game couldn't take this poo poo seriously.

i haven't read the earthbound manga but if it attempts to take anything seriously it's doing the game dirty

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

razorrozar posted:

i haven't read the earthbound manga but if it attempts to take anything seriously it's doing the game dirty

It's a standard Nintendo manga adaptation, which means it's a faithful version of about half the game (read: weird) and then diverges wildly in the second half, somehow managing to get even crazier

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

razorrozar posted:

accelerationism is bad

I wish it would accelerate. I've been hearing about how climate change is going to kill all of us in 20 years since the 80s.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wish it would accelerate. I've been hearing about how climate change is going to kill all of us in 20 years since the 80s.

Yeah, I don't think you've noticed, but it's started to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not fast enough. I like my climate change disasters to be started and over with in like a month. Tops. At this rate I'm gonna die of old age before the world ends.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

my personal fav climate change disaster culminates in a giant anime girl rising into the skies and it can only be prevented by another child dealing with his major mental illnesses and impending adult nihilism

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm pretty sure D&D remains the only subfourm to regularly drive people to the suicide helpline.
GiP has a suicide helpline thread, but that's more about service members getting PTSD and other associated problems that can lead to suicidal ideation. The act of posting in GiP doesn't cause the ideation.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Zaurg hath Returned

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As far as I can remember it was just a brony who didn't understand proper etiquette at friends' weddings. Plural.

Found this link regarding it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/y47j0/drama_in_rmlp_as_user_shows_up_to_his_friends/

Aw man rip, I thought he was the awkward third wheel in a poly relationship

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Had

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
If Zaurg tases his balls, will he get to come back?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fantastic Flyer posted:

If Zaurg tases his balls, will he get to come back?

His head is up his rear end, he had his chance to lick his own balls two and a half feet ago

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's fake. Check his rap sheet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paladinus posted:

It's fake. Check his rap sheet.

Isn't my face red.

That is exactly the sort of avatar that will come true soon enough though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I was hoping it was some Christmas Day "forgivement of debts" thing

Sure, forgivement is a word now

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He's a bitcoiner, he doesn't believe in debt forgiveness (Unless its for his enormous electricity bill)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ExplodingSims posted:

Being a Brony doesn't mean they can't be a good person.

But it does mean that they're a person who chooses to define themselves by their singular love of a children's cartoon show. And that is plenty laughable.

Or it's just a nickname they use to identify themselves as part of the fandom? Like, yeah, gently caress the guy with the pony fedora posting about how if Twilight Sparkle was real then she would totally be okay with libertarian anarcho-capitalist policies with fascistic tendencies in order to get rid of the subhuman mudfolk, but a lady who enjoys My Little Pony because it's cute and fun and reminds her of the childhood she never had should be able to enjoy it just fine without a bunch of neckbeards frothing into their keyboards about it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

the bronies can defend themselves

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or it's just a nickname they use to identify themselves as part of the fandom? Like, yeah, gently caress the guy with the pony fedora posting about how if Twilight Sparkle was real then she would totally be okay with libertarian anarcho-capitalist policies with fascistic tendencies in order to get rid of the subhuman mudfolk, but a lady who enjoys My Little Pony because it's cute and fun and reminds her of the childhood she never had should be able to enjoy it just fine without a bunch of neckbeards frothing into their keyboards about it.

Again, there's a difference between being a Brony, and just being a fan of the show.

If you choose to define yourself as a Brony, you pick up all the baggage that comes with that.
Its the same thing as being a person who likes video games vs.being a "Gamer". If you make your hobby your defining trait, well, then you get to get mocked.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the only people I knew irl who called themselves "bronies" stopped that pretty fast once it became associated with people who wanted to gently caress underage cartoon horses

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that's the thing. I've known some lovely people who watched the horse show and they would be absolutely loving incensed if they were called a brony.

Zero of them openly claimed one of the underage horses as their waifu.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I didn't used to think bronies were oppressed but, well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel anything when I saw that pile of stuffed ponies at the Holocaust Museum.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I didn't used to think bronies were oppressed but, well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel anything when I saw that pile of stuffed ponies at the Holocaust Museum.

Lmao I'm actually internet poisoned enough to have the brony holocaust picture on hand someone please put me out of my misery

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That image takes a year off my life every time.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Lol, I manage to forget about that one and it always creeps back up on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Eox posted:

That image takes a year off my life every time.