Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That rules, who's the lil' chappie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Watched Aliens with the wife last night (she's never seen it before so I had to fix that).

I'm amazed at how well it holds up, good movie is still good

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

That rules, who's the lil' chappie

I think that's the Buddha 'referee' you see in Dalsim's location area

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

happyhippy posted:

I think that's the Buddha 'referee' you see in Dalsim's location area

So is it like a fun-to-say wordplay joke that it's a Dhalsim He-Man xenomorph? A Dhalxenomorph? I love it regardless but feel like I'm stroking out

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Holy poo poo....

I'm sort of Buddhist. This could be up on my shrine.

edit:

Alien Xenomorph Buddha | Carbon Mist

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

quote:

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him game over man! Game over!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Watched Aliens with the wife last night (she's never seen it before so I had to fix that).

Wait wait, hang on a sec. You married her before she had seen Aliens? Wow, that's some gambling streak you've got there. I don't know if I could commit like that with such a deal breaker as an unknown.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

The Zombie Guy posted:

Wait wait, hang on a sec. You married her before she had seen Aliens? Wow, that's some gambling streak you've got there. I don't know if I could commit like that with such a deal breaker as an unknown.

She loved it.

Besides when we first met up years ago I never saw the Godfather duology (I hear the 3rd is abhorrent) but she popped that cherry quickly once she found out.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Holy poo poo....

I'm sort of Buddhist. This could be up on my shrine.

edit:

Alien Xenomorph Buddha | Carbon Mist

Find your centre and burst out through its chest.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Well that's absolutely delightful.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I want a pet xeno now.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The last 2 panels look like it is doing sex things with it's tinymouth if you don't read it right to left

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The last 2 panels look like it is doing sex things with it's tinymouth if you don't read it right to left

It looks like sex things right to left, too, and it is cursed as gently caress

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

I want a pet xeno now.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Holy poo poo....

Here's some Alien artwork I've saved over the years. Merry Christmas.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Linux Pirate posted:

Here's some Alien artwork I've saved over the years. Merry Christmas.

Owns! Thank you!

quote:

What's the source on this one?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Code Jockey posted:

Owns! Thank you!

What's the source on this one?

Otaking77077

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"Cameron wanted his pitch for Daly to finalize the deal and had his friend Lance Henriksen show up to the meeting early dressed and acting like the Terminator. Henriksen, wearing a leather jacket, fake cuts on his face, and gold foil on his teeth, kicked open the door to the office and then sat in a chair."

lmao at lance henriksen trying to nail the role of terminator at casting

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If you want to see some primo batshit Lance Henricksen acting, you guys should check out House 3, aka The Horror Show. He’s great as a cop who’s quickly losing his poo poo because the guy he sent to the chair came back as a ghost and is loving with his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvLY8r-gH-M

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's hard to imagine something so iconic in a different light, but I really think Henrickson's terminator would be cool. He can definitely do otherworldly, off-putting android and he has very unique features. Also as an infiltration unit designed to sneak into human warrens subsisting on rats and 20 year old tinned beans, it makes a lot more sense for them to be wirey "normal" dudes than austrian bodybuilders.

I don't think the film would have been as successful without him leading it since the 80's were the age of beef-slab action heroes and Arnold was heating up as a star off the success of Conan. But I'd spend a couple hours in that parallel universe watching Henrickson play the part for sure.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I like the idea that after you wrap them in human tissue to conceal the endoskeletons enough for them to make it through the time gate, terminators are just kind of huge dudes

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
He definitely carried that energy over into Stone Cold and Hard Target.

Lance Henriksen owns.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm not normally drawn towards the little Funko figures that I see, but it was very difficult to put this one back down.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ruddiger posted:

If you want to see some primo batshit Lance Henricksen acting, you guys should check out House 3, aka The Horror Show. He’s great as a cop who’s quickly losing his poo poo because the guy he sent to the chair came back as a ghost and is loving with his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvLY8r-gH-M

written by Alan Smithee lmao

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The Zombie Guy posted:

I'm not normally drawn towards the little Funko figures that I see, but it was very difficult to put this one back down.

Funkos are the one's that are uniformly generic large-headed empty-soul big-eye lumps of plastic, this looks like its got actual detail on it

yetmy3rdrereg
Sep 5, 2019
[FAQ] how many more funkos can fit in this charging area? how many more funkos can we fit on this patch of sidewalk?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gnome de plume posted:

Funkos are the one's that are uniformly generic large-headed empty-soul big-eye lumps of plastic, this looks like its got actual detail on it

Nah those are just the Pops, funko makes a lot of different collectible junk and even tried to do some actual realistic action figures at one point

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Zombie Guy posted:

you should honestly go back and get it and just not acknowledge that its a funko

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
They're not made by Funko as far as I can see, so no need to pretend. I bought Mike Harrigan and a Predator before Christmas, because Predator 2 is an underrated gem and how often do you see a Mike Harrigan figure?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just learned the police chief from terminator was the darmok and jalad alien

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

gary oldmans diary posted:

just learned the police chief from terminator was the darmok and jalad alien

Holy gently caress

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sokath his eyes opened!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sunswipe posted:

They're not made by Funko as far as I can see, so no need to pretend. I bought Mike Harrigan and a Predator before Christmas, because Predator 2 is an underrated gem and how often do you see a Mike Harrigan figure?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Hell yeah I got the Alien blueprints book for Xmas.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

sokath his eyes opened!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the beast at west highland

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Not really Aliens related but yeah the star is an alien

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

"Cameron wanted his pitch for Daly to finalize the deal and had his friend Lance Henriksen show up to the meeting early dressed and acting like the Terminator. Henriksen, wearing a leather jacket, fake cuts on his face, and gold foil on his teeth, kicked open the door to the office and then sat in a chair."

lmao at lance henriksen trying to nail the role of terminator at casting
The role was originally conceived by James Cameron with Lance in mind, he even did early concept art with Henriksen as the Terminator:

The original idea was that the Terminator would look like an everyday guy, the better to blend in and get close to its target.