Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
All this talk of the E-75TS made me realize there is a video of it that needs sharing.

https://youtu.be/2tL74eXJD0g

Ie, circonflex having one hell of a game in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Circon owns. Glad I threw a free subscription for him. Hope he hangs in there from not being in the community event coming up. :lol:

Mesadoram posted:

It looks more like a medium than a heavy.

Well. Yes, and no. It can definitely flank and change positions like one. But hills while fighting in medium range is great in this tank. Just dont let someone poke you in the eye and you are good.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Quickybaby is probably the lowest tier of CC to learn from, I'd say watch some of Skill or Circon over QB. He may also be a bit much, but I learned a lot from watching lemmingrush's videos.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Quickybaby is probably the lowest tier of CC to learn from, I'd say watch some of Skill or Circon over QB. He may also be a bit much, but I learned a lot from watching lemmingrush's videos.

Quickybaby's hubris is quite disgusting. Really makes watching him play annoying and tedious.

Circon is great. The right amount of jaded and cynical that I can appreciate.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Lemmingrush is pretty good but if you want a TL;DW you can also hope there is a unicum guide out there. Some of them can be hilarious but a bit edgy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8yMs591sGU

But these are not popular anymore because these are just ripoffs after ripoffs.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Taugrim's videos "Road to Unicum" are really excellent training videos. Taugrim is philosophically opposed to gold ammo so there are a few things that aren't completely realistic but overall it's a fantastic series of videos. You can also see the progression of WoT graphics from the beginning to the end of the series.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
The general rule of thumb is the better the player the worse the presentation. QB is a very good player but he is popular because he has a nice and engaging personality and is not sweary cockwomble. There are better players out there to learn from but they all tend to have warnings about toxicity or are fucknuggets.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

counter point qb is a shill

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Katamari Democracy posted:

Captain Blaargh

Mesadoran

Spunkrocket (Cannon Fodder)

MariusLecter

Redeye Flight

You guys will have my Blessing this coming Friday.

For everyone else I hope you guys have a great Christmas and hope to see you guys in the new year.

:3: funny part is, today is my birthday.

Thanks a bunch KT.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
So I logged in to collect all of my free poo poo for being an ancient beta player and everything is strange and weird now. I haven't played properly since like, 2015, what should I spend all these festival reward blueprints on at around tier VI to VIII that's fun? Back when I played the only top tier I'd made it to was the IS-7, so pretty much anything outside that line as far as suggestions go. Also the old go-to for pissing about, the Marder, seems to suck now? Same story for the Hetzer and Stug?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Stug is still alright if thats your thing, it is worse now though.

Object 430U down russian line is top dick, italien and czech lines got big dicks too.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

So I logged in to collect all of my free poo poo for being an ancient beta player and everything is strange and weird now. I haven't played properly since like, 2015, what should I spend all these festival reward blueprints on at around tier VI to VIII that's fun? Back when I played the only top tier I'd made it to was the IS-7, so pretty much anything outside that line as far as suggestions go. Also the old go-to for pissing about, the Marder, seems to suck now? Same story for the Hetzer and Stug?

The game is way different in terms of tank meta. I suggest going up the Italian tree, Russian 430U and the British heavy line. The T8,9 and 10 of the British trees are all great and the 430/430u are solid mediums.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Crazyeyes24 posted:

What's the problem with Quickybaby? Out of all the WoT streamers I've checked out he seems the nicest. I'm a grown rear end man, I can't deal with people like Claus Kellerman or with morons spouting chud memes and yelling about how they're cucking the enemy.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the highest level of shill

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Slaapaav posted:

the highest level of shill

Really? That's not at all the impression I came away with. He was quite straightforwardly harsh about putting the new hot premiums behind loot boxes etc. But then again I have only been watching his stuff for a few weeks so I admit I don't have the full picture.

From the WoWS side I've been enjoying people like Mighty Jingles, iChase and Notser. Don't really care for the Flamus and Flambasses of the world, let alone the "ANGRY_YELLING_GAMER_MAGA_420" types.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i like skill and circonflexes. sometimes i watch this tiny streamer called nick_shox who is pretty good and almost growing despite playing a completely dead game like world of tanks

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

QB is a dipshit to other streamers and community members and does what he can to prevent them getting views. Also he often incorrectly explains game mechanics on top of shilling pretty much all new tanks. The reason he seems nice is he deletes his rage outs from the internet as much as he can. Also he pushes xvm on new players with his poo poo mod pack leading to more toxicity.

Is he fine for when you just get into the game? Kinda? Not really.

If you want a pleasant person who knows what they're doing and explains things check Truvoodoo out. Bunch of other good ones already mentioned. Skill4ltu is my favorite and he does huge breakdowns but he's a goofball with a heavy accent if that puts you off for whatever reason. Taugrim was mentioned too also good. Circon is fantastic, not overly memey. Foch is a tank wizard but caustic as hell. Lemming rush is a nerd but knows what he's doing. Jingles does the occasional tank video and is always nice. Dez games is a really good, chill channel mostly news but he does gameplay too here and there and plays on his twitch streams.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Captain Blaargh posted:

QB is a dipshit to other streamers and community members and does what he can to prevent them getting views. Also he often incorrectly explains game mechanics on top of shilling pretty much all new tanks. The reason he seems nice is he deletes his rage outs from the internet as much as he can. Also he pushes xvm on new players with his poo poo mod pack leading to more toxicity.

Is he fine for when you just get into the game? Kinda? Not really.

If you want a pleasant person who knows what they're doing and explains things check Truvoodoo out. Bunch of other good ones already mentioned. Skill4ltu is my favorite and he does huge breakdowns but he's a goofball with a heavy accent if that puts you off for whatever reason. Taugrim was mentioned too also good. Circon is fantastic, not overly memey. Foch is a tank wizard but caustic as hell. Lemming rush is a nerd but knows what he's doing. Jingles does the occasional tank video and is always nice. Dez games is a really good, chill channel mostly news but he does gameplay too here and there and plays on his twitch streams.

Pretty much this.

Foch you don't watch him to learn, you watch him to see his seething rage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does anyone elses muscle memory to right click to ADS before shooting from other games often gently caress you in tanks? I swear to god I do this to many times.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Skil4ltu seems fine based on the few videos of his I watched. His "I make him pregnant with my gun" poo poo is a bit cringey but not even close to the worst I've seen.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
WoT streamer tier rankings

S+
Skill
Circon
Taugrim

A
Dez
Voodoo
Foch

B
Lemmingrush
Straik
Lebwa

C
QB
MightyJingles

D/F
Klaus

Eastern Europe's meme technology is 10 years behind the west so give Skill a pass for ESL idioms. Klaus gets no such pass, he's just a moron.

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 26, 2019

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I need to stream more so you can have a solid okish player who can rage on a bad RNG/Teams night, but more or less just plays tanks with goons and looks good doing it. :smug:

Also I tried to make sense of the WoWS tier 10 ship grind thing, and fell away pissed off and nowhere near finishing stage 1. the game I just find too boring and slow to give enough shits to grind past Tier 5 or so.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

pretty sure the gay bois in pansy have tk'd truvoodoo's platoon mates while he was streaming.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Cannon_Fodder posted:

:3: funny part is, today is my birthday.

Thanks a bunch KT.

Happy Birthday! Sorry I will not be able to get you the presents until Friday but look forward to them tomorrow sometime after 5PM EST (God willing!)

Whose KT?

saintonan posted:

Taugrim's videos "Road to Unicum" are really excellent training videos. Taugrim is philosophically opposed to gold ammo so there are a few things that aren't completely realistic but overall it's a fantastic series of videos. You can also see the progression of WoT graphics from the beginning to the end of the series.

Oh yeah I forgot about Taugrim. His videos are a bit lengthy so its good to watch during a break or something. But he does provide solid content. TruVoodoo is another cool character

Gorman Thomas posted:

WoT streamer tier rankings

D/F
Klaus

Klaus had one or two funny videos before I learned that guy is an absolute shitter and has his ego inflated a little too much. If I ever become popular in the future please shoot me if I get like that.

BadLlama posted:

pretty sure the gay bois in pansy have tk'd truvoodoo's platoon mates while he was streaming.

I only stream snipe WGNA for shits and giggles. Love those guys to death but I like to rattle their cages once in awhile. It's only for sport and by any means not trolling. ;)

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Started playing this again and I'd forgotten how much fun this game could be.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Im surprised I have not gotten reported / complained about shooting gold ammo but then again im not afraid of being banned because I know 100% I am flagged as a whale and I give no shits. Eat these double barrel gold shells. EAT IT.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

rofl if anything wging gonna give you a medal for spamming gold and tanking the credit economy

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
t20 has 243 apcr pen at tier 7 while having light tank camo, good gun depression and 400 viewrange.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Slaapaav posted:

t20 has 243 apcr pen at tier 7 while having light tank camo, good gun depression and 400 viewrange.

Yeah, too bad the Pattons are lovely tanks that have been power creeped out of any semblance of relevance.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea I have been enjoying my T20 surprisingly.

Also while they may have been power crept, I still run into enough of them that they are always a constant pain in the rear end to deal with. I dislike playing against a good Patton more than a good T44 or better player.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The patton line is still good. yeah its not one of the 4 tanks that you use to play ranked but oh well.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Der Shovel posted:

What's the problem with Quickybaby? Out of all the WoT streamers I've checked out he seems the nicest. I'm a grown rear end man, I can't deal with people like Claus Kellerman or with morons spouting chud memes and yelling about how they're cucking the enemy.

QB is a very nice and genuine guy. And he does know a bit about the game that makes him knowledgeable. But his games and showcase knowledge should be taken with a grain of salt.

His usual videos for say, a new tank starts off with him comparing stats with other tanks that are similar for its tier. Sometimes its accurate and other times it's like asking "Why"? He even explains why. But you are still kinda left dumb founded because just because X tank is similar to Y it does not mean it plays the exact same as the tank.

Here is a perfect example. His recent video of the E 75 TS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytLMY5WnDIw

Is not 100% accurate on how this tank should be played. He does play this tank somewhat correctly at certain times (And hell he is better than me) but even I can see a LOT of the mistakes he is doing (One time as he is saying it) by being SO CLOSE to his opponents! And fighting over a hill is well and good. But not over a crest like how he was playing it. You kinda have to wait on your opponents to first crest to make a better use than how he was doing it.

Wargaming's offical video is a LOT better and easier to understand. Not only that but it will not get you killed. And I normally do not like recommending wargaming's cheesy how to videos. But this would save you a lot of time and energy just to get a basic understanding compared whatever the gently caress QB poo poo out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKAyKHu0bhI

E- I also would like to say that you can watch what you want. Some of the videos QB comes out with can be informative and in a nice little presentation. I do not hate the guy. But I will say there are better people you could watch if you want to sit through their minor faults and have a greater chance at seeing something that clicks well with you to be a better player. Im not gonna fault you for watching QB. But to me while he is a good guy in person, I would rather watch someone a bit more informative than what he does.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 27, 2019

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Of all the CCs mentioned, Claus is the only one I don't particularly like. I mean he knows how to edit and narrate a video but does it in the most obnoxious way possible. I don't mind QB at all, and he's probably one of the best communicators for obvious reasons, but I could see him turning off certain viewers. Lemming is a knowledgeable resource but has a strong "obnoxious kid vibe" (he's probably about 18,) and also frequently refers to things as "retarded C-Spam Mods," which doesn't bother me personally but I know it's nigh taboo nowadays (and as mentioned, he's young enough where he probably didn't grow up speaking it casually like some of the rest of us did,) and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it here.

The non-native English-speaking Euro CCs are all good and charming in their own ways. Note that Circon is Dutch where they basically all learn ESL which is why he's at a near-native level, whereas Skill, I swear, mentioned in a video that he taught himself English :stare: which explains his thick accent and strange pronunciations (e.g. "they boof-ed this tank") and catchphrases (e.g. "make some use of all this.")

Hellsau posted:

It was the T-22 thing. Rampage mode was uninspired but could have been a good game mode from what I played of it on the first test, and the full release was horrendous.

Ok, I remember the rigging, but not the rental tanks or Rampage mode or whatever. (I didn't participate in any of that myself, didn't have time.)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Atomizer posted:

The non-native English-speaking Euro CCs are all good and charming in their own ways. Note that Circon is Dutch where they basically all learn ESL which is why he's at a near-native level, whereas Skill, I swear, mentioned in a video that he taught himself English :stare: which explains his thick accent and strange pronunciations (e.g. "they boof-ed this tank") and catchphrases (e.g. "make some use of all this.")

I admit that I thought skill had his thick accent because he was faking it. You know because heh heh this game is russian.

I never knew he taught himself English just so he can branch out. That is an eye opener for me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Circon has the best laugh, skill has the best words, and dezs is the most informative. I used to find Clause's stuff funny but its gotten old.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I thought Circon was from Norway

Tk'ing Jingles all those years ago remains my finest effort in this stupid game for dumb idiots

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

whats the name of that streamer dude that went out for a smoke and died

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Alright dudes, just wrapped up the Chimera campaign, the 279(e) is obv worth getting but all I hear is that campaign is a giant pain in the dick? Has anyone got it yet here?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
lol turmoil does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted: