Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Warframe isn't complete until they add Grendel Pinball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

I can't get mad at the economy decisions when the simple fact that the mode exists is loving nutso.

i can :black101:

they dropped and then temporarily abandoned two major, incredibly hyped updates to the game—liches, dumped because of railjack, and railjack, left 1/4 patched because of the year-end break—only so they could say "it's out now lol" during the game awards; waiting a month to release railjack would have probably solved everything

i fully understand that likely none of these problems will be relevant anymore in three months' time, but still, it sucks now, especially with god-drat long-press heavy attacks being in where is my toggle DE :argh:

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

facialimpediment posted:

Not to stop anyone from getting angry about stuff, but even with any jank and economy imbalance of Railjack stuff, it's worth kinda taking a step back and looking at the thing from afar.

DE basically shoved in a near-fully functional Guns of Icarus megamode into Warframe, then found ways to seamlessly integrate onboard crew combat, archwings, ship-to-ship boarding, ship-to-base boarding, and split objectives requiring inside base / outside space cooperation. I mean gently caress, some of these Railjack missions have entire missions of previous tilesets jammed into them!

How in the hell do you tell a new player about everything in Warframe anymore? HEY Y'ALL IT'S A GAME ABOUT SPACE NINJAS AND ANIME AND OH YEAH IT HAS GAMEPLAY OF EVERY OTHER GAME EVER IN IT NOW. BY THE WAY, THEIR NEW MODE BEAT STAR CITIZEN TO BEING STAR CITIZEN.

I can't get mad at the economy decisions when the simple fact that the mode exists is loving nutso.

Don't forget mining, fishing, hunting, hoverboarding, shawzin / octavia songwriting, or pokemon photography "scanning".

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.

Tallgeese posted:

A game of chance for those who have not gotten a gift from me.

If you wish, you may sacrifice the claim for a lottery entry by quoting this post and giving your ingame name. The whim of fate sees who wins the Kuva Lich Hunter Collection.

DE hid way too many colors behind it. Option closes whenever I feel like it, same rules apply, yadda yadda.

I would like to enter, thank you!

IGN: Axegrinder45

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

kxZyle posted:

long-press heavy attacks being in where is my toggle DE

I think middle click is heavy attack by default.

E: vvv that's totally valid.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 26, 2019

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
But, you can't make it so hold melee doesn't heavy attack. Which depending on your input methods and meatspace issues can be frustrating.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Time to make a heavy attack build

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wow, finally got Old Mate with the labor union. Time to go turn in some tags and... aaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Congrolences

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Inzombiac posted:

Wow, finally got Old Mate with the labor union. Time to go turn in some tags and... aaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I'm still mad at the thermal fractures, because they were happening when I hit Old Mate, and when I made the rounds hearing each character's new dialogue at Old Mate, Eudico just told me about thermia again, and talking to her counted anyway so she never gave me her Old Mate talk.

Also because thermal fractures are a bad event that gates some Amalgam Mods I would actually like to try, even if they are suboptimal.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

If you wish, you may sacrifice the claim for a lottery entry by quoting this post and giving your ingame name. The whim of fate sees who wins the Kuva Lich Hunter Collection.

DE hid way too many colors behind it. Option closes whenever I feel like it, same rules apply, yadda yadda.

Yeah sure why not!
In game name: Solumin

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

FunkyFjord posted:

If I'm running any hitscan weapons at all I love a good sonar Banshee.

Banshee is a truly delightful support option that pushes guns massively past their usual expiration date and I think one of the oddest trajectories the meta took was "Sonar Banshee is good. Now, Quake Banshee wipes entire maps for minutes. Quake Banshee gets nerfed. Now nobody plays Quake or Sonar Banshee." Sonar Banshee is still amazing!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Inzombiac posted:

I specifically turned on "Creator Mode" because of this. It's a nice story beat, but really should not be permanent

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Tallgeese posted:

IGN: hngkong

Would be a nice surprise if I won!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tulip posted:

Banshee is a truly delightful support option that pushes guns massively past their usual expiration date and I think one of the oddest trajectories the meta took was "Sonar Banshee is good. Now, Quake Banshee wipes entire maps for minutes. Quake Banshee gets nerfed. Now nobody plays Quake or Sonar Banshee." Sonar Banshee is still amazing!

she's just really squishy

markovian
Sep 18, 2000

How the hell did she write the diary if she was deaf and blind?

Tallgeese posted:

IGN: Markovian

C'mon RNGesus

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Berke Negri posted:

she's just really squishy

So squishy. She's my preferred support frame for Index, and part of my strategy is "avoid being in LOS of any enemies ever."

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was playing around with Ember yesterday and I gotta she, she is actually really great now. Seems like the equation is 3 fire blast for every 2 infernos to reduce the energy drain. Max heat infernos is loving Hilarious.

I want to play around with her more tonight to see what kind of silly poo poo I can concoct from her abilities. Also it was a while ago, but thank you to the Goons who suggested how I can play her differently. It really did change my view of her and her play style.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

ign: thylac

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Ytlaya posted:

I'm reaching the point where I think I have no choice but to do this Derelict stuff with the dragon keys and what have you so I can get the mods to do proper builds (instead of having stats capped at ~150%). I'm kinda reaching the limits of how strong I can get with the stuff currently available to me - I think I have almost every normally-dropping mod and mod from Cetus/Fortuna bounties and can easily max all mods except the ones with 10 ticks (which are mostly at 8 ticks and probably *could* be maxed since I have like 40k endo but I'm holding off on it).

I played Chroma Prime today. I read that he is good for soloing this Profit Taker stuff (which I just unlocked when I maxed Solaris United yesterday - I was barely able to do the first step and assume I'll probably have trouble with the subsequent steps). Rubico Prime is also in the oven so I can hopefully be more useful against Eidolons.

edit: I also failed my first MR test with the 13 one. The test didn't seem like anything particularly hard, but I got cocky and hosed it up.

Don’t worry too much about the effects of dragon keys. Derelict missions are infested only which is easy baby mode. Just use Rhino, Nezha, Limbo or Wukong with any high damage weapons you got and use your spoiler mode whenever you need it. Limbo in particular can just ignore the enemies the whole time. Infested are so ineffectual that you won’t be in much danger and can safely ignore them most of the time anyway. Soloing a vault run usually takes 5 to 7 minutes, so it’s not too bad.

Also if the nightwave vault objective is up you will likely have lots of people in the pubbie recruiting chat looking for people to go vaulting with. Or better yet, you can always see if some goons are up for it.

Chroma is a beast once he's fully modded out. His 1,2 and 4 are all neat and can be useful but what everyone is here for is his 3, which is one of the best damage buffs out there. Just go strength and duration and nothing else will matter.

Soloing profit taker phases 1 2 and 3 isn’t too bad, phase 1 is the one you’ll never actually do again so don’t worry about that one. 2 and 3 are piss easy to do, even solo. Phase 4 is the only really tough one where you will want others with you since it swarms you with high leveled corpus the whole time and can take a while if you are soloing, even longer if your weapons aren’t up to speed. There’s always plenty of pubbies doing Profit Taker part 4 and most of them at least understand what they’re doing so it shouldn’t be too bad.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I raided my first Sentient Ship, I only got a few Sentient cores and the Barrel for the Megaman Cannon, but I was thrilled nonetheless.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I also just hit Old Mate a couple days ago. At least that accomplished the goal of unlocking heists; I'm still kinda scratching my head over why I put in the effort of maxing Ostron (though I guess it probably would have happened anyways while trying to get all the mods). Still gotta keep doing those bounties because the one remaining bounty mod I don't have is the incredibly useful one that gives + power strength.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Completed second dream, access to all planets, MR 10. I can sorta see a way forward with quests for warframes, getting into sorties that after a few tries are more than I can tank through, eidolon hunts which encompass everything I disliked about boss fights so far, ranking up syndicates which require prime parts that I’ve had horrible luck on so despite all the work done gets me nothing, and getting to the boss nodes of these last few planets/void.

I’m finding myself half-heartedly doing nightwave stuff. I know there’s a lot more content out there, but it all seems like more of a hassle than it’s worth? I could get past some of these issues engaging with the market and cracking relics to sell for currency to get what I need specifically, but it really draws my attention to that unsatisfying wall.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
My main advice is to take breaks. Don't feel like playing? Don't. Put it down for a month or whatever. When you come back maybe the movement and horse shooting feel fun again.

For sorties just do them with goons in a tank frame.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

There is no harm in asking for help

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, finish up War Within to access better tools for eidolon hunting from Cetus -> Quills. Without a proper amp eidolons are just an excersise in frustration.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm still kinda scratching my head over why I put in the effort of maxing Ostron

Maxing Ostron gives you access to rank 5 Zaw parts and Exodia, the Zaw Arcanes. Unfortunately, Zaws are no longer the strongest melee and the better Zaw parts in Melee 3.0 are now at rank 4. So yeah, maxing Ostron is no longer the big reward it used to be but there are still plenty of good Zaw builds especially when used with Exodia.

quote:

Still gotta keep doing those bounties because the one remaining bounty mod I don't have is the incredibly useful one that gives + power strength.

Augur Secrets? Trading or clan chat is a good option when you're down to very specific needs from the drop tables. Especially the bounty drop tables that seem to have some multi-level selection and stage interactions going on - not entirely sure how those odds work.

I never got a single Eidolon Lens on my Switch run despite dozens upon dozens of T5 runs, for eg. Trading filled that gap.

E: I have an extra Augur Secrets you're welcome to, but won't be back in-game till next week.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 26, 2019

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blind Duke posted:

Completed second dream, access to all planets, MR 10. I can sorta see a way forward with quests for warframes, getting into sorties that after a few tries are more than I can tank through, eidolon hunts which encompass everything I disliked about boss fights so far, ranking up syndicates which require prime parts that I’ve had horrible luck on so despite all the work done gets me nothing, and getting to the boss nodes of these last few planets/void.

I’m finding myself half-heartedly doing nightwave stuff. I know there’s a lot more content out there, but it all seems like more of a hassle than it’s worth? I could get past some of these issues engaging with the market and cracking relics to sell for currency to get what I need specifically, but it really draws my attention to that unsatisfying wall.

If you don’t fundamentally enjoy the core gameplay enough that grinding/farming is more of an excuse to do fun things, you are probably going to have a bad time long term. Or maybe you just need to play with friends more. Or maybe you’re just burned out. All things to consider.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Realizing when youve fallen into an unfun routine and need a breather to vary things up is a valuable skill. I like NW for serving me reasons to go on a tour through the variety of things in warframe, but even then theres things in the game i don't particularly enjoy and have no problem skipping. But even then a modicum of personal initiative in making up your own varied goals has been a major part in keeping me from boiling down and burning out on a "login reward, sortie, ESO affinity speedrun" loop

Spudd posted:

There is no harm in asking for help
Especially true for the syndicate stuff - most "sacrifice" prime parts are 10p cheap (i think new loka was the weird 50p exception?) but even then asking clan vets for some augment is the best way for early on.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

v1ld posted:

Trading or clan chat is a good option when you're down to very specific needs from the drop tables.

This is a healthy thing to remember for lots of stuff in warframe. Usually half the farm or better isn't bad to chase down, but that last 5% drop on Rot C can really drive you insane.

The idea of setting up and engaging in WFmarket can be intimidating, but boy does it save some serious hassle.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
A tale of Christmas joy:

A friend who recently started playing for the first time was lamenting having missed Wukong Prime's time in the drop tables. He really, really loves Wukong.

Well, today I get to tell him that I just realized I have a full Wukong Prime set that I randomly pulled out of relics while grinding stuff for Baro waiting for him.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

v1ld posted:

the better Zaw parts in Melee 3.0 are now at rank 4.

wait what

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Kesper North posted:

A tale of Christmas joy:

A friend who recently started playing for the first time was lamenting having missed Wukong Prime's time in the drop tables. He really, really loves Wukong.

Well, today I get to tell him that I just realized I have a full Wukong Prime set that I randomly pulled out of relics while grinding stuff for Baro waiting for him.

Yay, but for clarity. Wukong Prime relics are still in all the drop tables (except the bounties)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tylana posted:

Yay, but for clarity. Wukong Prime relics are still in all the drop tables (except the bounties)

yeah i think people forget this a lot. the prime access stuff might make it sort of confusing for newer players but that's purely just the chance to directly buy the new primes and has nothing to do with the relics, which will stay in circulation for a good, long while before being vaulted for a bit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Aw, jeeze. My surprise is way less cool than I thought. Oh well, that's good.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Blind Duke posted:

You're kind of skipping a few steps, there, so it's understandable. Sorties are probably your first look at a huge enemy level hike but a few well-modded frames/weapons will make them a breeze. Dolons are great but they're endgame content you want to do after The War Within and you have at least a 1-1-1 amp. Syndicate prime parts are a bitch and honestly you're better off farming other things for plat and buying the part half the time. You're at the part of the game where almost every path has opened and Warframe is awful at signaling that it's suddenly non-linear. Get more frames and weapons, get more MR, get Prime stuff, get mods, do bounties, look up builds, etc.

The shortcut for all of this is goons. Get carried, get free stuff, and learn all the things the game never tells you. Then do it from the other side for the next new person.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Tulip posted:

wait what

In that it seems better in the new melee to have a more extreme crit from the rank 4 parts than the more balanced crit/status from rank 5 that used to be the old top melee.

Pure crit/speed builds want the rank 4 Vargeet II Jai for its high crit and speed: XXX - Peye|Seekalla - Vargeet II Jai. The Zaw can get up to 34-36% crit, better than the top melee Primes.

But the top melee Primes have much better Crit/Status distributions than you can get with the rank 5 II links if you're going for a CO/BR hybrid. For e.g., where you'd get something like a 16%/27% crit/status split with a Nikana Zaw, Nikana Prime has 28%/28%!

Wish they'd improve the Exodia or make them more interesting in hybrid builds even if they leave the grips as is. Every time I look at Exodia Triumph and think how it would be nice to free up True Punishment's slot, I look at the stats on any top Prime and go nawwww. Exodia Brave is cool because it works with crit heavy weapons.

Not saying Zaws are bad - high crit zaws are cool - but those are rank 4 builds, not much in the rank 5 parts that I can see.

E: Meant CO/BR hybrid Nikana Zaw at 16%/27%. A crit Nikana Zaw can get up to 34%/12% which is better than Nikana Prime for that kind of build - but with the rank 4 part, not 5.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 27, 2019

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mailer posted:

The shortcut for all of this is goons. Get carried, get free stuff, and learn all the things the game never tells you. Then do it from the other side for the next new person.

It takes a village to raise a kiddo!

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Have people already reached the top of this Nightwave Intermission? I was trying to use my holiday time to catch up, but stopped receiving recovered missions at rank 19. Does that seem about right or have I run into a bug? Tried relogging a couple of times and nothing changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

v1ld posted:

In that it seems better in the new melee to have a more extreme crit from the rank 4 parts than the more balanced crit/status from rank 5 that used to be the old top melee.

Pure crit/speed builds want the rank 4 Vargeet II Jai for its high crit and speed: XXX - Peye|Seekalla - Vargeet II Jai. The Zaw can get up to 34-36% crit, better than the top melee Primes.

But the top melee Primes have much better Crit/Status distributions than you can get with the rank 5 II links if you're going for a CO/BR hybrid. For e.g., where you'd get something like a 16%/27% crit/status split with a Nikana Zaw, Nikana Prime has 28%/28%!

Wish they'd improve the Exodia or make them more interesting in hybrid builds even if they leave the grips as is. Every time I look at Exodia Triumph and think how it would be nice to free up True Punishment's slot, I look at the stats on any top Prime and go nawwww. Exodia Brave is cool because it works with crit heavy weapons.

Not saying Zaws are bad - high crit zaws are cool - but those are rank 4 builds, not much in the rank 5 parts that I can see.

E: Meant CO/BR hybrid Nikana Zaw at 16%/27%. A crit Nikana Zaw can get up to 34%/12% which is better than Nikana Prime for that kind of build - but with the rank 4 part, not 5.

Huh, maybe I just built sub rank 5 zaws, most of my zaws are over 30% crit because I didn't like CO builds even when they were top of the food chain.

Sesquiculus posted:

Have people already reached the top of this Nightwave Intermission? I was trying to use my holiday time to catch up, but stopped receiving recovered missions at rank 19. Does that seem about right or have I run into a bug? Tried relogging a couple of times and nothing changed.

Not sure about whether or not that's a bug or if there's a limit on recovery, but I'm several ranks over max and took off a few weeks.