Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Hi, have two new stages.

First, a water thing. It is a Time Trial, and you try to go fast.
M86-HQM-RRG - Sunken Time Trial
An underwater level with two enemies, some shells to wear and ride, and a clear condition of getting all the coins. Don't forget that first ? block!

Also, I made a simple little thing for maybe a first level for Hot Chocolate Mountain:
0JY-XYC-0JG - HCM - Foothills
Take along a yoshi friend, melt some blocks, and play with some spikes in the snow as you begin to climb Hot Chocolate Mountain. In a few days, you may long for a return to these foothills...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

1. Spike's Snowy Vacation
By: In Training 5KB-R9K-XDF

2. Melt-Water Mountain
By: Sam Faust 367-DH0-NKF

3. HCM: Snowball Fight!
By: Haschel Cedricson 55V-XGF-0NF

4. Sunken Time Trial
By: Tonberi M86-HQM-RRG

5. Foothills
By: Tonberi 0JY-XYC-0JG

=REDDIT LEVELS=

6. Dungeon Delver
By: SheepKommando 3SD-N21-DSG

7. 5 Rooms: Pokey, Spike, & P-Switch
By: Shawny_boii K13-FMT-20H

8. Wiggler's Watchtower
By: Marc0-pol0 GM9-FL8-KXG

9. Nataliehg's level
By: Nataliehg 172-YH6-H6G

10. Catastrophe in Bhava-agra
By: ElegantOwO K9T-Q1L-9VF

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're live!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I really don't like this new speedrun and can't fathom how the top times are coming in like ten seconds faster than my personal best.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NofrikinfuN posted:

I really don't like this new speedrun and can't fathom how the top times are coming in like ten seconds faster than my personal best.

Gotta watch them ninjis.

Anyway, I came here to post this, so I'm posting it anyway:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1207883739168157696?s=19

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Gotta watch them ninjis.

Anyway, I came here to post this, so I'm posting it anyway:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1207883739168157696?s=19

Yeah, I watched one of the 27 second runs on twitter and it's the same path I took, just executed better/adding a couple time-saving techniques. I managed a pretty good run on the first one, but I don't think i have the manual dexterity to do this one well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Every stage I make has me just putting spike down. It's like he's mandatory.

Haven't finished any of my ideas though so maybe it's for the best.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My best time on the Ninji Speedrun is a little over 27 seconds. I kept trying to bring it down but my hands started cramping, ha.
https://twitter.com/cart_blowers/status/1208209447937433600

And my most-recent levels:

The Great Plateau - Four Shrines
1FT-1QK-T0H

Re-play the opening to the best Zelda game by completing four shrines and leaving the plateau. Each shrine focuses on a different Link gimmick (in order: shooting bombs with arrows, launching spike balls with the down thrust, sliding bombs with the down thrust, and finally hitting springs with the sword). There is a renewable checkpoint in the center of the plateau, so hit it if you're getting stuck!

SMB: The Movie: The Game
YKX-Y6H-MSF

A (faithful?) recreation of the plot of Super Mario Bros.: The Movie. Start as Mario is closed-off Brooklyn before entering the sewers on a one-way portal slide to Dinotropolis. Avoid traffic, fight Big Bertha in the Boom Boom Club, trust the fungus, ride the goomba elevator, and face Dennis Hopper on the bridge! Yoshi even has some hidden power-ups for you somewhere!

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 21, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Couldn't watch live but congrats on the Certified Good poo poo top 100 NSMBU level.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man I wish I'd made time for this earlier

I got all these ideas for Christmas levels and will be lucky to finish even one before the 25th lol

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Man I wish I'd made time for this earlier

I got all these ideas for Christmas levels and will be lucky to finish even one before the 25th lol

better get kraken

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I was working on a night themed course for my HCM submission, but I think my original concept may have been a bit too difficult for the spirit of these worlds. It's kind of designed to send the player hurtling into bottomless pits using springs and snowballs, and while I found it hilarious every time I died I figured if I was dying that often in my own course it's probably too hard. I ended up remixing the level to create a normal difficulty daytime course using mostly the same level design. It was a fun little experiment. While the easier version is my official HCM submission I also uploaded the original so you can compare.

HCM - Winter Summerland
Course ID: VFR-WSX-1SF
Difficulty: Normal
Multiplayer friendly?: Yes

Winter Blunderland
Course ID: LPK-TXK-TFF
Difficulty: (Super?) Expert
Multiplayer friendly?: No

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

807-XDW-YJF

Descent from Moray Towers

Mario has lost to Inkling in Mario Kart one too many times and joined the Octarian Army. Slide down slopes and ride the rails to escape from Moray Towers!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Little Mac posted:

My best time on the Ninji Speedrun is a little over 27 seconds. I kept trying to bring it down but my hands started cramping, ha.
https://twitter.com/cart_blowers/status/1208209447937433600

And my most-recent levels:

1FT-1QK-T0H

YKX-Y6H-MSF

I managed barely under 30 and it's probably time to hang it up. This one is just too technical for me.

However, that gave me plenty of time to play the levels you mentioned and they were both great!

PSA: Little Mac makes good levels, so check out his whole catalog. Also, stop in to watch Cartridge Blowers on Twitch some time, the more the merrier!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Tickle Towers - M08-Q4T-MSF - Yes, I considered calling this "Tentacle Towers." No, I did not do that.

I finally got a chance to peruse my back catalog and came across this gem. It was a lot of fun to run through!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

In Training posted:

Couldn't watch live but congrats on the Certified Good poo poo top 100 NSMBU level.

Dude, thanks! That was a real shock to see that honestly.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

NofrikinfuN posted:

PSA: Little Mac makes good levels, so check out his whole catalog. Also, stop in to watch Cartridge Blowers on Twitch some time, the more the merrier!

:blush:

New level!

HCM - Ski-Lift Skip
N0X-N4D-7VG

A fairly difficult snowy level where you must hop from falling lifts to make it to the top! There are shortcuts through the level but you'll have to go through difficult boss fights: the dreaded abominable snow-booms or a koopa kid exiled to the cold. Luckily you've got red Yoshi on your side!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
HCM-Snow Claws

B3V-PL3-JLF

Claw your way through Hot Chocolate Mountain. Watch out for snowballs and fireballs!

Lots of swinging on claws in this course.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Dang, my usual playtester is out of town, so I'll have to submit this one... untested!

HCM: Snowbound Chalet
BCG-FG9-N2G

It's a snow-themed ghost house. Except with no ghosts. Hopefully it's any good!

Last Visible Dog fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 24, 2019

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Little Mac posted:

1FT-1QK-T0H

YKX-Y6H-MSF

I played both of these before you posted them here, and it was a lot of fun figuring out the great plateau! SMB:TM:TG was also fun, but a bit ago, so I don't entirely remember it.

Little Mac posted:

HCM - Ski-Lift Skip
N0X-N4D-7VG

Another fun one, enjoyed the course and both boss fights! As NofrikinfuN said, Little Mac's stages are all great. They can be a bit on the long side, but it's obvious that a lot of time and effort and care was put into each one, and they're all fun to play.

J-Spot" post = "500998833 posted:

HCM - Winter Summerland
Course ID: VFR-WSX-1SF
Difficulty: Normal
Multiplayer friendly?: Yes

Winter Blunderland
Course ID: LPK-TXK-TFF
Difficulty: (Super?) Expert
Multiplayer friendly?: No

I think Winter Blunderland might be one of my favorite courses. I was laughing at every death, and you managed to make them better each time! Amazing! The friendlier version was also good.

Inu posted:

807-XDW-YJF
Descent from Moray Towers

I like the shortcut, and the level itself is really fun too! You can risk / have knowledge of some blind jumps, and squids are great fun to platform off of like this.

Palmtree Panic posted:

HCM-Snow Claws

B3V-PL3-JLF

This was great fun with a cool little secret. Decent challenges and nice claw setups to go fast!

Last Visible Dog posted:

HCMV Snowbound Chalet
BCG-FG9-N2G

Hopefully it's any good? It's really good. An excellent ghost house with a lot of really cool sections, and a great ending. I also really enjoy stages with secrets hidden throughout, like this one.

Rather Watch Them posted:

Spike Riders! Rolling Fury!
7BN-6F4-97G

I love this. Great shortcuts and spikes on chomps is a silly, fun combination.

Thanks for the great stages, everyone!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Agreed, if you haven't checked out Little Mac/Cartridgeblowers, you definitely should. Tends to be a pretty good time!

Speaking of streaming, here's tonight's level list for my stream at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST:

1. The Great Plateau - Four Shrines
By: Little Mac 1FT-1QK-T0H

2. SMB: The Movie: The Game
YKX-Y6H-MSF

3. HCM - Winter Summerland
By: Jspot VFR-WSX-1SF

4. Winter Blunderland
Jspot: LPK-TXK-TFF

5. Descent from Moray Towers
By: Inu 807-XDW-YJF

6. HCM - Ski-Lift Skip
By: Little Mac N0X-N4D-7VG

7. HCM-Snow Claws
By: Palmtree Panic B3V-PL3-JLF

8. HCMV Snowbound Chalet
By: Last Visible Dog BCG-FG9-N2G

=Reddit Levels=

9. The Rotten Trail
By: XXUltimaXX 6K0-G56-3RG

10. Flower.exe 2: The rise of Fire
By: Sarim144 B7N-CY0-YJF

11. The Depths
By: Brother Rooster 6RF-HRG-7RF

12. Bowser's Walljump Tower
By: One_FPS G0P-BRR-9GF

13. Mario's Snow Day!
By: Ivo_Robotnik JJH-77J-JQF

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

OneMoreTime posted:

Agreed, if you haven't checked out Little Mac/Cartridgeblowers, you definitely should. Tends to be a pretty good time!

Speaking of streaming, here's tonight's level list for my stream at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST:

1. The Great Plateau - Four Shrines

2. SMB: The Movie: The Game
YKX-Y6H-MSF

3. HCM - Winter Summerland

4. Winter Blunderland

5. Descent from Moray Towers

6. HCM - Ski-Lift Skip

7. HCM-Snow Claws

8. HCMV Snowbound Chalet

=Reddit Levels=

9. The Rotten Trail

10. Flower.exe 2: The rise of Fire

11. The Depths

12. Bowser's Walljump Tower

13. Mario's Snow Day!

A very holiday themed group of levels. Nice! ‘‘Tis the season and all. I can’t watch live but look forward to watching later.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're live!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And stream complete! Thanks to everyone who joined us, and uh, sorry it took so long to get the SA levels done.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525587923

1. The Great Plateau - Four Shrines 00:09:15

2. SMB: The Movie: The Game 00:56:00
YKX-Y6H-MSF

3. HCM - Winter Summerland 01:00:15

4. Winter Blunderland 01:05:45

5. Descent from Moray Towers 01:12:55

6. HCM - Ski-Lift Skip 03:03:35

7. HCM-Snow Claws 03:11:15

8. HCMV Snowbound Chalet 02:56:15

=Reddit Levels=

9. The Rotten Trail 03:14:15

10. Flower.exe 2: The rise of Fire 03:19:15

11. The Depths 03:23:30

12. Bowser's Walljump Tower 03:34:40

13. Mario's Snow Day! 03:41:00

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

OneMoreTime posted:

And stream complete! Thanks to everyone who joined us, and uh, sorry it took so long to get the SA levels done.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525587923

Thanks for the stream again! I actually caught some of it last night, though I'm on the east coast so I had to go to bed part way through.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I finally got a chance to peruse my back catalog and came across this gem. It was a lot of fun to run through!

I'm glad you liked it! Please continue to enjoy my stages.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

I'm glad you liked it! Please continue to enjoy my stages.

Currently playing tug of war with a japanese girl for the world record on your icicle level. (Also a very good one!)

Your levels are really fun to go fast in. Is that by design, or just a happy accident?

mektarian
Mar 21, 2005

Spike Inc.
S8T-H97-C0G
Difficulty: Expert
A level all about Spike and his balls. It was fun to come up with set ups for spike balls in 3d world.

OneMoreTime posted:

6. Bowser City 01:37:30
By: Mektarian 1PM-SJT-D0G

Palmtree Panic posted:

Another fun level. Excellent job on making it look like an actual city. Really enjoyed the aesthetic of this.
Thanks all for playing my level! I think it ended up on the popular tab the weekend after the link update since it got a few hundred plays suddenly :v:

RodShaft posted:

I didn't spend as much time on this one as the other two, just a few runs, I'm not going to rout it to try to run it perfect. But I loved it. It was big and beautiful and not even a little confusing where you needed to go, which is really impressive. The details looked great and really gave me some ideas for a level. I'd really like to know how you planned and made it or if you just had an idea and just started making and tweaked it as you went. Also I probs spent as much time on the comment as the level... I need a stylus.
Sometimes I'll make levels by picking a theme (city, quarry, etc), planning a general layout, prototyping set ups, stringing together set pieces, and doing aesthetics passes.
Other times I just throw a bunch of stuff together and tweak after.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

How does global ground work now? I'm trying to make a vertical subarea that has the N64 music play the entire time but no matter what I do it fades away when I leave the muncher with the music attached.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Haschel Cedricson posted:

How does global ground work now? I'm trying to make a vertical subarea that has the N64 music play the entire time but no matter what I do it fades away when I leave the muncher with the music attached.

Can't you attach it to Mario?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can't you attach it to Mario?

I could but I only want it to play in the subworld.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I don't know what the limit is on music trigger placements, but I have gotten sections to work seamlessly by placing the trigger over literally every piece of ground or block you could potentially stand on, as well as strewn throughout the air/water where you're likely to spend a significant amount of time off the ground. Never tried it with a whole sublevel, though.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

I think you get about a hundred SFX per side, so that would get tricky on larger sub-areas.

This may be a dumb solution, but you could attach the song to an enemy in a Lakitu cloud, then put it in the ground/ceiling where the player can't touch it. Since the cloud always follows the screen horizontally, it will keep playing so long as you don't move too far away vertically. And then you can just place one of these enemies at any point you can enter the sub-area.

The catch is the enemy has to be visible to trigger the sound, so you can't bury it a tile or two beneath the bottom screen edge. And it would only work for horizontal sub-areas, of course.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Getting music to change just for a sublevel is a pain in the rear end unless it's very brief. You could also try sticking multiple munchers with the music in the walls or out of the way just so there's always one on screen at all times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

that level i made where there's a big chain chomp on a rail as a boss kind of sucked to get the music going right because even though i put the boss music on him, when he hit the side of the rail he would bounce off screen and then the music would briefly reset.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Finally finished my Hot Chocolate Mountain level at the absolute last minute! Hope you like Yoshi, spitting fire, and occasionally melting things!

Hot Mouth Hoofin' It!
6K4-DPH-YXF

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
This is the last day to complete your entries for the SMW world.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

1. Spike Inc
By: Mektarian S8T-H97-C0G

2. Disturbed Sky
By: AptAlbatross 0XF-P9D-GQG

3. Fire Ring Rainbows!
By: Sonic4president BM4-SRY-BWF

4. Boom Boom's Winter Fortress
By: Andogreenbay G5L-PX7-MGG

5. Cannon and Thwomp
By: Dict XD0-0BN-5WG

6. Chain Chomp Chasm
By: PenguinBTW JGQ-CW8-BNF

7. Snow Cat Climb
By: Babysbug S4M-FHD-BJF

8. Heatman's Castle Code:
By: Andrew_Rosen XSS-H35-GQG

9. Propeller Heights
By: Theyummycookie XX4-BSG-D7G

10. Chocolate Desert Island
By: VGSavvy TRV-GNY-0XF

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

This is the last day to complete your entries for the SMW world.

I'm gonna try and do a castle level before the end of the day!

Edit: nevermind, though I will eventually turn this into some sort of level.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Going live with some Mario Maker levels!