Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Hwurmp posted:

I hear this one's glitched to never finish

I didn't run into this issue when I did a playthrough a couple weeks ago, for whatever that's worth.

SHOOT HIM IN THE MOUTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mine game glitched out in a couple places until I restarted, and there's a scene in the gun-getting questline that did that. But, again, it worked on restart.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Had a shivers of 1 for most of the game. Think I missed a lot

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

theblackw0lf posted:

yeeeep.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Just ran into the Day 2 softlock. Didn't realize being a hobo required so much premeditation!

Caufman
May 7, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

Why? Are you planning on cheating on Inland Empire? Think you can just take off your horrific necktie and walk away?? For some CITY hussy???

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Caufman posted:

Why? Are you planning on cheating on Inland Empire? Think you can just take off your horrific necktie and walk away?? For some CITY hussy???

Actually I took off the necktie at one point in the game and forgot to put it back on again

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Hwurmp posted:

I hear this one's glitched to never finish

The last part of this is scheduled to appear at a certain time of day, and it took some leaving-and-coming back a few times for the relevant NPC to spawn for me, but it did eventually work.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

just find a plastic bag and carry that with you 24/7 bada bing bing bong being a hobo was never so easy

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I'm playing a physical/motorics guy and while I'm not that great at detecting, Shivers is an incredible skill. It's a Volition level bro (bro-ette?).

Of course, the drat Toxic Masculinity and EC skills are a loving disaster. At least Physical Instrument is useful and practical.

In my mind, the best split for this game if you want to be an actual detective and fix as much as possible in Harry's life is Int/Psy high, Physique at 2, Motorics at 1 and Shivers signature skill. Get the Hobocop thought for the Shivers cap and raise that poo poo pronto.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HerraS posted:

just find a plastic bag and carry that with you 24/7 bada bing bing bong being a hobo was never so easy

My mom used to say this about homeless people, except angrily.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Electrochemistry is loving useless but in an endearing way. You’re in the middle of thinking over a problem and a misfiring corner of your brain shouts “go to a public toilet and lick LSD off the urinal” and you’re like “oh EC you’re such a card”

Suggestion and to a lesser degree Physical Instrument are the really insidious ones when it comes to bad decision making. At least Suggestion has the decency to be embarrassed about it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's Suggestion not Good Suggestion

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Epic High Five posted:

It's Suggestion not Good Suggestion

Good Suggestion is called Volition, after all.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Suggestion and to a lesser degree Physical Instrument are the really insidious ones when it comes to bad decision making. At least Suggestion has the decency to be embarrassed about it

Physical Instrument is either incredibly great or trash tier depending on a situation. Turns out being strong and physical is good, while being toxic about it is bad

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shivers seems to be basically The Question, and at higher levels Rorschach.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I am in love with shivers. I love going out underdressed into the cold or the rain and just... walking, feeling. I've never been able to explain it to my friends who find it a weird loving quirk of mine.

Shivers is exactly this. Like you're gaining some understanding from just letting the elements overcome you.

This game is so loving good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
one of the better shivers checks that you'll probably only notice on a second playthrough is when La Revacholiere begins speaking to you through the Doomed Commercial Area's malfunctioning doorbell

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oxxidation posted:

one of the better shivers checks that you'll probably only notice on a second playthrough is when La Revacholiere begins speaking to you through the Doomed Commercial Area's malfunctioning doorbell
What, the stuck electronic message?

I didn't get what that was all about.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Xander77 posted:

What, the stuck electronic message?

I didn't get what that was all about.

the pale's constant recycling of the past affects electronics as well as people's memories. the stuck message is likely due to pale interference dredging up a 100-year old recording through the doorbell's speaker

but if you listen to the message a second time, the voice breaks off and is replaced by an all-caps message saying that it needs your help, which is almost definitely another communication from La Revacholiere

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

The last part of this is scheduled to appear at a certain time of day, and it took some leaving-and-coming back a few times for the relevant NPC to spawn for me, but it did eventually work.

I don't think it's "bugged", exactly. I just don't think characters can spawn in when you're already on screen, and I'm betting most people do that quest by going to the right place and then reading a book until it's the right time. And since you've been standing there the whole time, the NPC can't spawn. I got it to work by running back to the fishing village and then back to the boardwalk, where the NPC was waiting like they were supposed to. I bet it'd be fine if you passed the time elsewhere and then ran there.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You've gotta leave the area and come back and it'll trigger, the tricky bit is that the game considers the area to be considerably larger than you'd think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I was joking goons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

I was joking goons

Oh yeah I got that, it was very good, but I think this discussion is about getting Pigs to appear

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I loved that character. Just a brief glimpse at someone totally depleted by modernity and crying out. Their voice acting ruled.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

You've gotta leave the area and come back and it'll trigger, the tricky bit is that the game considers the area to be considerably larger than you'd think.

I thought of it in terms of loading screens. If you're waiting for a particular character to show up, you'll want to do so at least one loading screen away from them.

From what I can tell, it checks time of day when it loads the scene, in this case the entirety of outdoor Martinase, and spawns appropriate NPCs based on that snapshot of time. I think they have smart enough scripting in dialogues that it isn't an issue for persistent NPCs or interaction points, cause they can check time of day dynamically when the dialogue pops up, but not so for interactions that are only available at particular times. I can think of ways they could have handled it differently, but there may have been some other reason not to, like load times or something.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Picked this up during the steam sale, played it for an hour and bought it for my friend as a gift. This game is wild. I love the writing. I'm trying to both be a responsible cop who takes the murder seriously while also trying to bring back communism.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
If anyone likes woke drama there are some real hot takes about the bigoted harmful piece of poo poo game Disco Elysium being thrown around on Twitter right now.

EDIT: Fine, it's here, please don't brigade: https://twitter.com/Kathy_E_J

EDIT 2: I am sorry!!!

Megazver fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 27, 2019

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

post them

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Megazver posted:

If anyone likes woke drama there are some real hot takes about the bigoted harmful piece of poo poo game Disco Elysium being thrown around on Twitter right now.

Please post them anywhere but here.

e: gently caress you!!

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I'm not gonna bother them but it is kinda weird how many of their 360 tweets have been about this in the past year and a half

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Let me guess, it's a good old case of "you are frankly depicting racism/homophobia/etc without glowing neon signs that say BAD GUY, ergo you are endorsing those things"

There is no satisfying that kind of moral crusader

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Megazver posted:

EDIT: Fine, it's here, please don't brigade: https://twitter.com/Kathy_E_J

EDIT 2: I am sorry!!!

I haven't read all 50?100 posts but this one says it all

https://twitter.com/Kathy_E_J/status/1210011232406650880

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Lmao this is the most communist game since tetris

Edit: the creators of Mancala would tell Zaum to slow their roll FFS

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mr. Lobe posted:

Let me guess, it's a good old case of "you are frankly depicting racism/homophobia/etc without glowing neon signs that say BAD GUY, ergo you are endorsing those things"

There is no satisfying that kind of moral crusader

That's the gist I got of it when I saw it making the rounds this morning. They've continued to tweet about it since then...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

mastershakeman posted:

I haven't read all 50?100 posts but this one says it all

https://twitter.com/Kathy_E_J/status/1210011232406650880

Can't seem to access, gone private?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's for the better tbh.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Saddest Rhino posted:

"Wheres the choice that i want, to make everything better so I don't have to deal with a no win situation"

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
You know i will say that if you are easily upset by bigotry and strife this game is probably one to avoid but man they just kept goin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

May as well avoid 50% or more of any artistic medium.