Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Neito posted:

I get what you meant here, but it has a very "Jesus saves, the rest of you take 6d6 damage" energy about it.

uh you might want to keep reading about what happens to Jesus next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Which makes the whole thing even funnier in the context of impeachment, yes.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

VitalSigns posted:

uh you might want to keep reading about what happens to Jesus next

No spoilers. I just got to the part where he and that cutie-pie Judas Iscariot kiss.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Neito posted:

I get what you meant here, but it has a very "Jesus saves, the rest of you take 6d6 damage" energy about it.
6d6 on a gladius?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

No, from a nail gun.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

6d6 on a gladius?

He’s bound which denies him his AC so you can apply sneak attack damage.

The centurion is a 9th level Rogue.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

InsertPotPun posted:

6d6 on a gladius?

I was thinking a fairly weak fireball, but that works.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

No, from a nail gun.

:drat:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

FReeper Ann Archy posted:

We have kicked GOD and His Son, Jesus, out of this country! The feminists have talked weak women into free sex and ABORTION!!
Parents don't teach their kids ANY manners, hats off in a restaurant or at the table.....Yes Mam....No Sir.....Hold the door open for people....charitable giving....GOING TO CHURCH on SUNDAYS! Prayers at home!

GAY EVERYTHING now....soon to be BEASTIALITY and polygamy will be coming soon. Transgender everything!

NO RESPECT for Police and teachers!

But ALL this I can cull down to ONE WORD.....LIBERALS!!!! They have RUINED this country!

I don't see what issue they have with polygamy, I mean that was the thing tons of people were into during those ancient days. I'm not sure the bible really says anything against it unless it was modified by certain kings.

"We have kicked GOD and His Son, Jesus, out of this country! "
That's why you fucks have the majority

"The feminists have talked weak women into free sex and ABORTION!!"
The younger generations realize they have more freedom than you. They don't have to conform to the kitchen slave baby maker.

" Parents don't teach their kids ANY manners, hats off in a restaurant or at the table"
What is this? School?

"Yes Mam....No Sir....."
I'm not calling a whiny old gently caress like you either of these since you act like a loving child with no consideration for anyone else but yourself.

"Hold the door open for people"
People, and kids, do this all the time because it's just common curtesy. Sorry those auto doors at the store don't have a little colored door slave shackled to them to open and close it instead of the electronics.

"charitable giving"
Pfft, yeah, cause freep is well known for their charity

"GOING TO CHURCH on SUNDAYS!"
OH MY GOD THE KIDS AREN'T BEING BRAINWASHED ENOUGH! HOW WILL THEY JESUS PROPERLY WITHOUT SOMEONE PREACHING!?

"Prayers at home!"
I'll bet you only pray at home

"NO RESPECT for Police"
I have no respect for someone that abuses their power. You need to earn respect to get it, or is that something you failed to be taught oh wise one?

" But ALL this I can cull down to ONE WORD.....LIBERALS!!!! They have RUINED this country!"
Or maybe, just maybe old fucks like you are a prime motivator? I know I became less willing to go to church because old bastards like you couldn't help but lecture and humiliate all of the kids there. Slowly bit by bit they stopped coming. When questions and doubts came up in my mind i was told to just believe and sit down. I'm not going to hold the door or treat you with respect if you're like this to me, gently caress off. Again, you gotta earn respect. You don't just get it or demand it.
All the old fucks like you demand everyone give them everything while you bitch and act like spoiled brats. You can gently caress right off with all the rest of your decrepid old turd generation that's constantly trying to put the boot to everyone's throat

Jagged Jim posted:

To: carriage_hill

Past Persons of the Year include Adolf Hitler, Ayatollah Khomeini and Joseph Stalin.

This tells you all you need to know.

10 posted on 12/11/2019, 5:28:37 AM by Bitman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Also Reagan, Nixon, and Dubya. So what does this tell us all we need to know?

Icon Of Sin posted:

He’s still alive, but the spirit of dalereed has moved on to a new host.

Fairly certain his tombstone reads:

That which is not dead may eternal lie
With strange aeons even death may lie down in the street and die

P.S. I hate hats

What happened to that white male business owner that use to post about how he'd fire all the people that didn't agree with his politics/religious screed every time an election came up?

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 23, 2019

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Plinkey posted:

Here comes the meltdown.

I felt a flicker in the power system that day, must have been all of them plugging their rascalls in to get a full charge

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SocketWrench posted:

What happened to that white male business owner that use to post about how he'd fire all the people that didn't agree with his politics/religious screed every time an election came up?

Green lighting Iron Man movies apparently.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A decent amount of times annoying "polite" people hold the door open for me when I'm far behind them and then I'm obligated to hurry to not leave them "politely" standing there.

People should hold the door a shitload less. If a bunch of people are going in give it that good shove or a bit of a backwards hold to let the person behind you grab it easily so it doesn't swing shut in their face. Only hold it for people who actually need it. Don't loving stand there like an idiot for me or a small group of friends who are far behind your stupid rear end.

Same goes for cars. If I'm fifteen feet from an intersection and we're the only people conflicted about this crossing, just loving go instead of sitting there waving me on while I walk towards the crossing. Five cars could have easily just cruised across before I got near the crossing. If you sit there like a moron while I walk up I'm more likely to hesitate and assume you're on your phone or drunk or high or something and liable to randomly start up and run me over, rather than "letting" me cross.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dale Reed chat reminded me that there are (were, more like) freepers posting who were born in the 19 goddam 20s. http://www.freerepublic.com/memorial/memorial.htm

Lol at the size of that page. Did anyone else notice how young those fuckers are dying? There are a lot of 75+s at the bottom of the page, but start at the top and work your way down. There are a LOT of Freepers dying at sub-50 ages, and tons more kicking it before 60. I’m not in front of my computer, or I’d extract all their birth and death years, and calculate their AAoC, or average age of croak.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol at the size of that page. Did anyone else notice how young those fuckers are dying? There are a lot of 75+s at the bottom of the page, but start at the top and work your way down. There are a LOT of Freepers dying at sub-50 ages, and tons more kicking it before 60. I’m not in front of my computer, or I’d extract all their birth and death years, and calculate their AAoC, or average age of croak.

I need stats as soon as you can

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Heck, I'm drunk. The youngest death they reported was 31 years old, the oldest was 90. A quick check suggests AAoC was 61.2 years of age, median AoC was 60.5. That implies that the average dead freeper was born sometime in the 1950s. Average life expectancy of a white male born in 1950 was 66.5 years old, so freepers are checking out roughly 5 years younger than one would expect. An unknown percentage of the dead freepers were presumably female (life expectancy of 72.2 years when born in 1950), which would pull the overall life expectancy up and imply that freepers are checking out even more prematurely.

What's the story with St.Louie1, the dead furry with an unknown last name or birth date?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pure Rage only makes you live longer if you're dalereed.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tobermory posted:

Heck, I'm drunk. The youngest death they reported was 31 years old, the oldest was 90. A quick check suggests AAoC was 61.2 years of age, median AoC was 60.5. That implies that the average dead freeper was born sometime in the 1950s. Average life expectancy of a white male born in 1950 was 66.5 years old, so freepers are checking out roughly 5 years younger than one would expect. An unknown percentage of the dead freepers were presumably female (life expectancy of 72.2 years when born in 1950), which would pull the overall life expectancy up and imply that freepers are checking out even more prematurely.

What's the story with St.Louie1, the dead furry with an unknown last name or birth date?

I did a quick scan and counted 61 men to 27 women at a bit past the halfway point of the page. I skipped a few ambiguous names. Freepers having an AAoC of somewhere around six years below the average for their peer group is both kind of funny, and also fitting.

Another take-away from my scan: Freeper women die in pairs.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Ya coulda just said ok boomer :v:

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Is Anyone Else Alone on Christmas Eve?

Note that this thread has 289 replies

quote:

to: Skooz
Yep, reporting for duty. Alone again,naturally. Except this year without my furry best friend, so while not feeling alone years past; this is alone. Anyways, Merry Christmas!

7 posted on 12/24/2019, 4:25:25 PM by crosdaddy

quote:

To: Skooz
Yep, just me for the 3rd year.
Watching The Great Raid right now. Die Hard for later.
Having lunch with my mom tomorrow. Nothing fancy just sandwiches.

23 posted on 12/24/2019, 4:31:30 PM by oldvirginian (Sic Semper Tyrannis Governor Mengele, Sic Semper Tyrannis)

quote:

To: dynachrome
Yep alone with my 3 shelties watching Die Hard right now.

43 posted on 12/24/2019, 4:49:22 PM by LoveMyFreedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m alone, trying to ignore the holiday until it’s over.

Been a rough year, thought as recently as wo months ago there was a 50/50 chance I wouldn’t survive 2019.

I prayed. A lot, and long and hard. I don’t know know if God spared me or because of good genes, perhaps a combination of both. I’m not at all through the woods, but after two years I finally got a diagnosis and a proposed remedy.

I’m watching a lot of tv today and will again tomorrow, just trying to take my mind off not having someone to be with. Very hard to keep my mind off the wayback machine, but I expect to survive.

For what it’s worth you may be physically alone, but there are many like us, and we’re with you in spirit.

No Christmas movies or news for me for a couple of days. Looking forward to going to bed soon and sleeping a while.

Then it will be time to go to store and get a jalapeño pepper.

50 posted on 12/24/2019, 4:55:09 PM by be-baw

quote:

Alone tonight and Christmas day

53 posted on 12/24/2019, 4:58:51 PM by MadLibDisease (Proudly residing in Dar-al-Harb since 1959)

quote:

First time in some 55 years of marriage that my wife and I will be alone without any family around. Our sons are both spending Christmas with their wives’ families, far from us.

But we are fine with that, glad that our grandchildren can spend the holiday with their other grandparents.

56 posted on 12/24/2019, 5:03:08 PM by Oldhunk

quote:

yes, I am alone. Sadly my family is solo anger here.

Merry Christmas!!!

64 posted on 12/24/2019, 5:09:05 PM by BunnySlippers (I love BULL MARKETS!)

quote:

My wife and I stopped observing Christmas over 20 years ago and instead observe the biblical holy days. So it feels like another day to me...I keep forgetting what day it is!

61 posted on 12/24/2019, 5:08:00 PM by DouglasKC

quote:

Niteowl77 has to work (health care provider), so I am alone again. I've lost count of the Christmas Eves when I have been the only human in the house. My childhood was filled with great Christmas Eves surrounded by relatives, but we Niteowls have been whittled down to a very few.
Luckily, I do have a weird but nice cat to keep me company tonight.

Mr. niteowl77

89 posted on 12/24/2019, 5:32:30 PM by niteowl77

quote:

To: be-baw
I’ll be thinkin about you!!
Spending time in Church tomorrow and maybe then reading the Federalist Papers.
I think Christ and Freedom go hand in hand.

105 posted on 12/24/2019, 5:49:28 PM by lizma2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m alone today and tomorrow this year. Worked in the garage today. Tomorrow, I’ll head to the boonies to practice with my guns for my CCW renewal. Somebody will bring me plates of food.

Life is good.

134 posted on 12/24/2019, 6:27:57 PM by umgud

quote:

alone if you mean no other humans...I have my best friends with me. I have my three dogs...I value them as company more then most people so I don’t feel alone. Merry Christmas to anyone else who goes solo through the holidays.

145 posted on 12/24/2019, 6:41:01 PM by PCPOET7

quote:

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I’m spending Christmas eve with my 3 doggies.
Was all day in the hospital yesterday and not doing so well and feeling a bit lonely.
I DVR’d a few Christmas movies on TCM that I’m watching and enjoying this evening.

150 posted on 12/24/2019, 6:48:50 PM by ANKE69 (Les Deplorables)

quote:

I am alone, kids are at my ex’s but will be back because they sleep here, I don’t mind it, but every year I hope to find a kind conservative male Trump supporter that loves dogs and thinks I am the cat’s pajamas. I thought I met one, but he was mean to my dog and no one gets to do that.

171 posted on 12/24/2019, 7:15:53 PM by yldstrk (Bingo! We have a winner!)

quote:

To: rebelskid
I’ve had 6 surgeries this year, the last one was shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago, before that, hip replacement 2 months ago. I can’t do anything like cutting/stacking wood or even carrying wood today but I’m looking forward to 2020!

I can raise a double shot glass which I’m about to do again!

186 posted on 12/24/2019, 7:31:45 PM by scripter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 132 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ANKE69
I too am alone and feeling it. I lit my advent wreath, watched my room sparkle and feel better (Found peace with God)

Now I’m watching Yule Log theater.

197 posted on 12/24/2019, 7:49:15 PM by BarbM ( Dear God, please continue to hold PDJT safely in your loving arms)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 150 | View Replies]

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Legit laughing at jalapeño pepper guy.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

quote:

I am alone, kids are at my ex’s but will be back because they sleep here, I don’t mind it, but every year I hope to find a kind conservative male Trump supporter that loves dogs and thinks I am the cat’s pajamas. I thought I met one, but he was mean to my dog and no one gets to do that.

171 posted on 12/24/2019, 7:15:53 PM by yldstrk (Bingo! We have a winner!)

The sort of man that'd go for a Freeper is mean to dogs, color me shocked.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

My wife and I stopped observing Christmas over 20 years ago and instead observe the biblical holy days. So it feels like another day to me...I keep forgetting what day it is!

I was wondering when they'd finally figure out which side Christians were supposed to be on in the War on Christmas.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Guavanaut posted:

I was wondering when they'd finally figure out which side Christians were supposed to be on in the War on Christmas.

I don't even understand what he means by biblical holy days. Does he mean he only celebrates the Jewish holidays (Passover etc)? Afaik the New Testament doesn't specify any holy days.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Jewish holidays but with English/Greek names and Christian (Evangelical Protestant, no Popes) meanings behind them, I imagine. Pentecost instead of Shavuot, Feast of Trumpets instead of Rosh Hashanna, etc.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
You know it would be kinda sad if I wasn't 100% sure all these chuds hadn't alienated their families with 30 years of being complete assholes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess it’s nice that some of them love their dogs, that’s kinda humanizing

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Did Dale Reed's profile always include his address and telephone number or was that edited in after he laid down in his death vigil senior condo and died?

hardstyle
Mar 12, 2004

"...Neither seen nor heard"

It was always there. I think I remember someone calling one time when he hadn’t posted in a while (but was still alive).

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Finnankainen posted:

every year I hope to find a kind conservative male Trump supporter that loves dogs
So...not trump.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

quote:

No you didn't, no you don't (unless, oOoOo you observe the sabbath), no it doesn't, and no your lying rear end drat sure doesn't.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Jay Rust posted:

I guess it’s nice that some of them love their dogs, that’s kinda humanizing

I think it's more because dogs, unlike their families, don't really know or care that their owners are miserable, hateful assholes. All they know is that the man gives them food, a warm place to sleep, and pets them.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think it's more because dogs, unlike their families, don't really know or care that their owners are miserable, hateful assholes. All they know is that the man gives them food, a warm place to sleep, and pets them.

sadly it's this. my parents were both freeper types and they liked their many dogs a lot better than they liked their kids, because the dogs didn't know how to disagree with their shittyness.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

this one is so perfect

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scratch Monkey posted:

Freep:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Neito posted:

Jesus saves

Gretzky rebounds !
He scores !

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Sir Tonk posted:

this one is so perfect

quote:

A lot of evangelical Christians are more loyal to secular Israel than they are the US. The way they interpret the Bible makes no sense to me. The modern state of Israel has nothing to do with the Israel mentioned in the bible. Evangelicals have been manipulated into fighting wars for a secular country that rejects Jesus, has one of the world’s most liberal abortion laws, and is as far from God as any modern country. Our actions have decimated the Christian communities in the middle east. Most of the evangelical leaders who support Trump do it based on their obsession with Israel. They made that clear when Trump tried getting us out of Syria. I’m sick of the Israel first people on the right. Some of these people want to make end time prophecy a reality with irresponsible and stupid actions. I have no doubt many would rejoice if a nuclear bomb destroyed Damascus. Some would probably launch it if they could.

127 posted on 12/20/2019, 6:51:05 AM by LeeClementineKenny (The leftist/globalist are the enemy within. We must defeat them by any mean necessary! TRUMP 2020!!!)

It's amazing how close this guy is to getting it before veering off into bullshit.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean he is entirely correct about evangelical obsession etc but the only reason he seems to object is that he is of a different denomination. Like if he hadn't had that user quote of his you could almost imagine it just being a takedown post of religious Trump supporters.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Modern Israel rejects Jesus and is therefore unlike biblical Israel

Ok I’m gonna... I’m gonna need to call my Rabbi about this one

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That's as solid as we need to bolster modern Israel to start the apocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Modern Israel rejects Jesus and is therefore unlike biblical Israel

Ok I’m gonna... I’m gonna need to call my Rabbi about this one
If you read the Torah/OT from an Evangelical perspective it's 90% hints that the Messiah is coming and it's definitely gonna be Jesus and we've all got to get ready and 10% no gays or God will firebomb you.