Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol I’m gonna dork around in godmaster but no way will I ever get there. Gonna try nightmare king Grimm though, think I have a shot at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I felt the same way about Godmaster for several months, but once I actually started it I got hooked pretty quickly. When it really clicks that almost every boss is very well-designed for fighting them without ever getting hit, it doesn't feel quite as daunting to go through a ton of them at once.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol I’m gonna dork around in godmaster but no way will I ever get there. Gonna try nightmare king Grimm though, think I have a shot at that.

NKG is bar none the best fight in the game. Enjoy.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I got the bad ending back over the summer but now I'm getting the itch to go back to Hollownest. What's the intended or suggested play order for the True Endings (White Palace, Radiance, etc) versus the Grimm Troupe?

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013
The Grimm Troupe is bonus content that doesn’t factor into progression, so you can do it pretty much as soon as you have the dream nail. Obviously the final boss is super tough, though, so waiting until you’re fully upgraded to finish is ideal.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tempura Wizard posted:

I got the bad ending back over the summer but now I'm getting the itch to go back to Hollownest. What's the intended or suggested play order for the True Endings (White Palace, Radiance, etc) versus the Grimm Troupe?

You need to do the White Palace to get to fight the Radiance. The various "extra" quests, roughly ordered by difficulty are probably something like

Troupe Leader Grimm < Godhome 1 - 3 < Radiance fight and all that entails < Nightmare King Grimm < Godhome 4 < Godhome 5.

Path of pain is somewhere off to the side depending on how you feel about platforming.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Martman posted:

I felt the same way about Godmaster for several months, but once I actually started it I got hooked pretty quickly. When it really clicks that almost every boss is very well-designed for fighting them without ever getting hit, it doesn't feel quite as daunting to go through a ton of them at once.

It's really satisfying when you learn how to quick kill bosses that used to frustrate you like Watcher Knights.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TheMadMilkman posted:

Chills down my spine every time the title card appears.
For like 57 attempts but goddamn it was a sweet sweet victory. Also the DLC will allow you to upgrade the fragile charms into solid ones, you just have to grind a bit.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

Path of pain is somewhere off to the side depending on how you feel about platforming.

Ask me about clearing Path of Pain on my first try

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://teamcherry.com.au/team-cherry-holiday-sign-off/

quote:

Happy Holidays Gang!

With Christmas close and Team Cherry about to take a few days off after an intensive year’s development, we’re gonna try and keep this update as snap-sharp as we can.

Silksong Development Progress

Right up front: We’re still going, building this (very large) game. Our desire to keep building, and building, and building sure hasn’t diminished, but our timelines have stretched a bit both to account for all that exciting new stuff and to tie up everything else.

As a small progress tease: You may remember for Silksong we promised over 150 all new enemies. To us, that always seemed a conservative estimate, and it turns out we were right! Here are just a few foes that came to life this week, enemy number 163, 164 and 165.

Though their names shall remain a mystery, we can say they’re members of a scholarly suite, former tenders of a dusty vault full of ancient knowledge. This is a tough later game trio who, when in battle, work closely together, covering for each other’s weaknesses.

And as some assurance: We’re not just randomly building things without an end in site. We know how this story unfolds and as much as we add, our intent is always to evoke the feeling of exploring a vast, surprising new world; one that matches (or exceeds) the scale and diversity of the original game.

We can’t wait to one day talk about all the wild evolutions to this new world that’ve taken place behind the scenes, but that day’ll have to wait until after the game is out and in your hands.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

Ask me about clearing Path of Pain on my first try

Did you clear path of pain on your first try?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol of course not

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Oh cool a dentist bug

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

These guys looking awfully... godhomely...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

TheMadMilkman posted:

Ahem... Sisters of Battle, anyone?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Ahem... Sisters of Battle, anyone?

Also one of the top fights, definitely. I still bow every time I beat them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Flowers for Algergud

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wow...

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I want an identical version except they face plant directly into the final set of spikes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What do you get for beating Path of Pain?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bust Rodd posted:

A feeling of accomplishment and a brief cutscene.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I think you also get a journal entry, but not one the Hunter cares about.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Your dick grows half an inch

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

With how wild some of these people are I'm honestly surprised I haven't yet seen someone start the quest as early as possible and then get all the way to the true ending with it Or Embrace the Void, for true doom murderheads.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

There’s the glass soul mod (I think it’s called that) where one hit deletes your save file. That’s basically the same thing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Hahahaha this is terrific

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Le'mer, why?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

White Palace was good but I just couldn't be arsed with it at that point.

Arrhythmia posted:

Your dick grows half an inch

Guys I think we've solved the mystery of what the Great Attractor is.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 31, 2019

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
There is Get Gud and then there is "use your time for something more beneficial please as you slowly creep towards the evidential death we all face?"

I guess he'll have 'got gud' on his tombstone at least!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
If only we had all “got gud” at fighting climate change...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

jeeves posted:

There is Get Gud and then there is "use your time for something more beneficial please as you slowly creep towards the evidential death we all face?"

I guess he'll have 'got gud' on his tombstone at least!

AGDQ is to blame for climate change

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Arrhythmia posted:

AGDQ is to blame for climate change

Astronomical Globes Destroyed Quick

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Decided to give the White Palace another shot and finally got through it.

I guess the way is clear to the final boss. Will probably tool around finishing up grubs. I am guessing that will give me another badge as I have a hole next to the first grub badge.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's a thing in the City of Tears that makes grubbing a breeze, if you don't have it already.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally got to the end of Pantheon 4 and holy crap this fight is amazing.

Also thought I was going to fight Sisters of Battle along the way but I guess not :negative: Do I at least see them early in Pantheon 5?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

C-Euro posted:

Finally got to the end of Pantheon 4 and holy crap this fight is amazing.

Also thought I was going to fight Sisters of Battle along the way but I guess not :negative: Do I at least see them early in Pantheon 5?

My understanding is that they're only in the Pantheon 5, but once you finish Pantheon 3, you unlock Godseeker Mode. If you go into that, they'll be one of the unlocked statues in the Hall and you can fight them there.

I know this because it's the only way I'll ever fight them, but I haven't been able to get past Nailmaster Sly. :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ahhhhhhjj we killed each other at the same time and I got the journal entry but not the notch in the Hall of the Gods :negative:

E: Got em! Now to put together a whole Pantheon run, barf.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 19, 2020

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

So I was looking to buy the humble bundle, and was thinking of gifting away the extra copies of games I already have so I just casually wandered into this thread.

I sure as gently caress don't remember that part of the White Palace, I'm just going to assume it was added sometime after I last played years ago. Cuz gently caress that noise, seriously.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Serephina posted:

So I was looking to buy the humble bundle, and was thinking of gifting away the extra copies of games I already have so I just casually wandered into this thread.

I sure as gently caress don't remember that part of the White Palace, I'm just going to assume it was added sometime after I last played years ago. Cuz gently caress that noise, seriously.

That was the aptly named Path of Pain, which exists solely for people who want to suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who recently started playing HK and has been perennially terrible at 2D platforming that video just makes me scream internally forever.