Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i have severe mental problems and constant paranoia, i know what i’ll do with my time, trawl the internet to find every instance of people being mean to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

imagine being an ostensibly public writer and going out of your way searching for instances online where someone has said rude things about you, then complaining about harassment

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I hope that Sady Doyle logs off and doesn't self-harm because @Bernies_Farting_Butt told her to clam down

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

THS posted:

imagine being an ostensibly public writer and going out of your way searching for instances online where someone has said rude things about you, then complaining about harassment

I believe that is called being a professional victim.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

THS posted:

i have severe mental problems and constant paranoia, i know what i’ll do with my time, trawl the internet to find every instance of people being mean to me

She had a loving Curiouscat. The thing that let's strangers anonymously send you messages. And then complained that she was getting anonymous abuse through it.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Unhinged???

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

yes let's talk more about the woman with depression issues who posts too much online and not the goony motherfuckers ITT who get off on harassing someone with brain problems.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

yes let's talk more about the woman with depression issues who posts too much online and not the goony motherfuckers ITT who get off on harassing someone with brain problems.

Yeah it's pretty lame tbh

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
We post about Will everyday

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
for penance we release some of the water from will's head.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

If people insist on talking about her please focus on her bad political takes and not the stuff where she is understandably upset about getting rape threats.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Famethrowa posted:

oh jesus was that a goon?? imagine outing yourself as a weirdo like that :yikes:

Weirdo? I've got far more weird up my sleeve than that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i've kinda wanted to search the offsites to see what people say but the thin wisp of self love i keep in a buried jar stops me

im sure its all nice things

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I hope nobody here is messaging or interacting with Sandy Doyle or the idiots who message racism at her, but it's funny that she has the political compass quiz bookmarked imo

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I hope nobody here is messaging or interacting with Sandy Doyle or the idiots who message racism at her, but it's funny that she has the political compass quiz bookmarked imo

See, not even I am going that far. She name-searched herself on Reddit (normal, good idea) to find that poo poo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the fact that she's insane isn't an excuse for the way she behaves. my brain is hosed up too and I don't try to get people fired from their jobs because they were rude online.

I mean you don't have to take my word for it.

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/734009820257366016

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

uber_stoat posted:

the fact that she's insane isn't an excuse for the way she behaves. my brain is hosed up too and I don't try to get people fired from their jobs because they were rude online.

These two shouldn't be this close together, their frequencies will vibrate the earth in twain

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

uber_stoat posted:

for every sensible tweet the scarf monster has a thousand pages of incomprehensible rambling

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Apoplexy posted:

Hahahaha, Will got ahold of the tweet: https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1210091161324605440

And, to follow up and clarify, she really DID get talked OUT of taking her bipolarity meds, which she very clearly NEEDS, by her insane audience of Twitter followers.

what the gently caress, why

do they think medicine is invented by sexist bros

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm Sany Doyl

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

net work error posted:

I'm Sany Doyl

I'm sorry that so many goons in this thread are doing organized harassment of you by reading your posts

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My posting is stronger than hers

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

all the minor chapo villains return for the final season

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Farm Frenzy posted:

Sonny Bunches of Lunches, early Chapo target of note, just popped up on my radar for the first time in ages, too. He's advocating that the CIA '''"""'''"""renew"""'''"""''' its sociological and cultural war against communism. As if it ever stopped. But, no, not against the fuckin' BLACKS and the DIRTY BROWNS the world over. No. Against CHINA. CHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those... hardline communists with their... capitalism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2018/08/22/the-cia-funded-a-culture-war-against-communism-it-should-do-so-again/

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Sonny Bunches of Lunches, early Chapo target of note, just popped up on my radar for the first time in ages, too. He's advocating that the CIA '''"""'''"""renew"""'''"""''' its sociological and cultural war against communism. As if it ever stopped. But, no, not against the fuckin' BLACKS and the DIRTY BROWNS the world over. No. Against CHINA. CHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those... hardline communists with their... capitalism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2018/08/22/the-cia-funded-a-culture-war-against-communism-it-should-do-so-again/

That article is from august 2018

But in the meantime that dork started a chud movie website https://www.rebellermedia.com/

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Farm Frenzy posted:

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1210412259702444032?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Y'know people say Dinesh knows everything he's saying is bullshit but if it were just a grift why would he spend Christmas arguing with the Auschwitz museum. That's true believer poo poo.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 27, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Groovelord Neato posted:

Y'know people say Dinesh knows everything he's saying is bullshit but if it were just a grift why would he spend Christmas arguing with the Auschwitz museum. That's true believer poo poo.

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

fatherboxx posted:

That article is from august 2018

But in the meantime that dork started a chud movie website https://www.rebellermedia.com/

I missed the date, thank you. Doesn't surprise me, the social conservative grifting game is so pathetic.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

there is no one more irony poisoned than lifelong right wing grifters whose upper class lifestyle has for decades been contingent on them willfully misinterpreting reality

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think that most of the time it's just a person who is wholly motivated in a way that is alien to anyone who has anybody who is reflective, empathetic, would ever actually internalize being wrong or sincerely apologize etc., and ALSO alien to someone who sorta doesn't care about anything. Donald Trump may be the purest and most ambitious form of this but there are many more who eagerly plunge into the local minimum of bootlicking the powerful, demonizing the opposition, and collecting checks. They know what they're doing in the narrow sense but they always think they're right. It's functionally similar to irony poisoning, maybe, but they take things extremely seriously, they are mad or afraid or smug or righteous, and any detachment is performative. Mad bros, detachment signaling!

(Over the holiday I talked to hardcore Broncos fan and hardcore Patriot fan family members, and yeah it's compartmentalized and trivial in comparison but it's probably not that different psychologically.)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh boy here we go...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's amazing that people don't know the difference between "Believe women" and just freely accusing anyone you don't like of coordinating a harassment campaign and also of being your abusive ex-boyfriend?

red19fire posted:

I would assume they’re mostly ignored by their families around the holidays. I doubt anyone around the Christmas dinner table cares about how popular his tweets are. They’re failsons after all.
I think the general read on this is kinda backwards and also more complicated than it needs to be.

They go spend a week at their parents' vacation home, where they spend way more time posting than they spend with their family.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 27, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Halloween Jack posted:

It's amazing that people don't know the difference between "Believe women" and just freely accusing anyone you don't like of coordinating a harassment campaign and also of being your abusive ex-boyfriend?

They know the difference, they still conflate it to their benefit. They're not stupid (well they are but) they're just awful people.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hot take: i don't really give a poo poo about meltdowns of twitter checkmarks, especially since at the end of the day, they're still verified and they get to create the twitter discourse (which then becomes real discourse)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

get that OUT of my face posted:

hot take: i don't really give a poo poo about meltdowns of twitter checkmarks, especially since at the end of the day, they're still verified and they get to create the twitter discourse (which then becomes real discourse)

I am interested insofar as it is an insight into the psychosis of the ruling class and their sycophants. Also sometimes it's funny, I don't know how you can be a fan of Chapo and not find some humor in these weirdos

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

this post makes no sense so I guess the take is really hot

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Will - Skimbleshanks
Matt - Old Dueteronomy
Felix - Rum Tum Tugger
Amber - Grizabella
Virgil - Mister Mistoffelees

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
so it turns out my boss's father has this giant "hollywood icons" poster and in the corner there's a COBRA sly stallone and I walk by it without laughing now thanks a lot chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pangstrom posted:

I think that most of the time it's just a person who is wholly motivated in a way that is alien to anyone who has anybody who is reflective, empathetic, would ever actually internalize being wrong or sincerely apologize etc., and ALSO alien to someone who sorta doesn't care about anything. Donald Trump may be the purest and most ambitious form of this but there are many more who eagerly plunge into the local minimum of bootlicking the powerful, demonizing the opposition, and collecting checks. They know what they're doing in the narrow sense but they always think they're right. It's functionally similar to irony poisoning, maybe, but they take things extremely seriously, they are mad or afraid or smug or righteous, and any detachment is performative. Mad bros, detachment signaling!

(Over the holiday I talked to hardcore Broncos fan and hardcore Patriot fan family members, and yeah it's compartmentalized and trivial in comparison but it's probably not that different psychologically.)

I'm of the same mind as Matt in the Glenn Beck episode that even if it starts as purely a grift you eventually become that thing.