Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nero

EDIT: Changing this to a link because I got a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Nasu it's ok to have your Western character's names be like...James, or John, or Jorge, or even Pierre. They don't have to literally all be nonsense word salad.

To be fair, Akuta isn't a real Japanese name either. It's literally the kanji for "garbage" which is...inauspicious?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wow, her parents must've been assholes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Scandinavia Peperocino is an extremely villainous name and I will not hear a word to the contrary.

but Davinci said he's a friendly and funny guy...

Captain Baal posted:

Beryl Gut is not a crazy name, though the romanization people were using of "Beryl Gat" back when these names were first being given to us was definitely much better. Daybit and Wodime's names hold a special place in my heart alongside Altria and whatever the gently caress Sola-Ui's full name is supposed to be for awful Type-Moon names that can go to hell.

Daybit Sem Void is amazing and further increases my love for the stout boy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Akuta is her family name, Hinako is her given one.

Though Hinako is written in katakana which is a little bizarre as it's definitely a common Japanese female name?

IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S DIFFERENT

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Daybit Sem Void sounds like a Garlean name (FFXIV stuff).

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Altria is still the thing Nasu deserves to be stuffed in a locker for the most

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

how does it rank relative to the exciting new localization of Goldorf/Gordolf as Goredolf

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goredolf sounds like the generic store brand version of Gannondorf.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

how does it rank relative to the exciting new localization of Goldorf/Gordolf as Goredolf

Goldorf is better but I can live with it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gored oaf

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So for dealing with Gawain I know it was recommended that I use Euryale but would Robin Hood still work okay as I already have him up to 40 compared to a flat 1 with her.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Hunt11 posted:

So for dealing with Gawain I know it was recommended that I use Euryale but would Robin Hood still work okay as I already have him up to 40 compared to a flat 1 with her.

Uh, whichever one you end up using you'll want them to be at level 70. From 40 to 70 isn't much less work than from 1 to 70 emberwise.

The reason Euryale is the best for this is not only because she does big damage to dudes, it's also because she charms them so they can't fight back. Robin may do the damage but he won't keep Gawain from killing your party.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hunt11 posted:

Probably won't hurt, but I don't think he's as effective. I think Euryale's anti-male modifier just skyrockets her damage in a way that Robin's poison doesn't.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Raxivace posted:

I still have no idea how to say Nrvnqsr.

Honestly names that are hard to spell or pronounce should be against the rules.

:eng101: This is actually a slight misspelling of "Nron Qsr", which is "Nero Caesar" using the Hebrew Alphabet. So his name doesn't come from nothing. Apparently Nasu was looking up the origins of the "Number of the Beast" (666), and saw a name he could use for a villain, but swapped out a letter.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

dogsicle posted:

They already used "Goredolf" in Case Files.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
bad western type moon "western" names don't bother me as much because i got inoculated from bad gundam "western" names

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly i love the goofy names, they're distinctive and give the world some personality that itd lack if everyone was actually named john

plus in fate's case specifically it helps avoid name overlap with historical figures

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just finished the Prologue and I'm preeetty pumped about how will the story develop from now on. While I'm trying to stay away from spoilers, some of them, like the fact that Kotomine Kirei himself appears and gets involved into plot of FGO were pretty much impossible to avoid, which is a pity. I would really like to be there at the initial reveal to see all the "Aww hell naw! Everything is hosed now!" Reactions from FSN players

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

In spite of bullying from fellow goon OnimaruXLR, Christmas brought me a near perfect Arash

I don't think I'll go for the 100 (only got 3 grails rn anyways) and there's more Fous it could use but he's otherwise :discourse:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlazeEmblem posted:

:eng101: This is actually a slight misspelling of "Nron Qsr", which is "Nero Caesar" using the Hebrew Alphabet. So his name doesn't come from nothing. Apparently Nasu was looking up the origins of the "Number of the Beast" (666), and saw a name he could use for a villain, but swapped out a letter.

According to wikipedia:

quote:

"Neron Kaisar" (the Greek rendering, documented by archaeological finds), when transliterated into Hebrew נרון קסר (Nrwn Qsr) had a number of 666.
Assume there was a bit of confusion from the U/V merger that happens in greek texts?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

OnimaruXLR posted:

bad western type moon "western" names don't bother me as much because i got inoculated from bad gundam "western" names

Shot Weapon and Marvel Frozen remain top tier names.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Goddamit, I rolled Orion when all I wanted was my man Ricardo.

I'll console myself on his amazing crit damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Goddamit, I rolled Orion when all I wanted was my man Ricardo.

I'll console myself on his amazing crit damage.
Isnt mandri gonna be added to the fp gacha? I dont think hes story locked or limited.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
He is, and Europa. Only Orion is limited in this banner.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Calling it now: Kotomine is actually Holmes in disguise. No way I can accept that fucker actually being here and alive.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZiegeDame posted:

Calling it now: Kotomine is actually Holmes in disguise. No way I can accept that fucker actually being here and alive.

That's one thing I'm willing to go, no that's really him, no tricks involved, just joy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Plot twist: he's the heroic version, happily married and raising his daughter as a devout family man.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vengarr posted:

Plot twist: he's the heroic version, happily married and raising his daughter as a devout family man.

I almost feel like Kirei is Fate's Gul'dan
No matter what, in every timeline, he's a dick.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fwiw JP's GSSR has been announced: Limited servants only on class-based banners. Main seven classes are all separate while Avengers/Rulers and Alterego/Moon Cancer/Foreigner share banners. still costs 15sq and nets you an 11-roll due to the anniversary update

they're also rerunning Sparrow's Inn from Jan 4 - Jan 18

details about NY campaigns and the new servant being held until the actual NY stream

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I assume you mean 30sq, not 15?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Galaga Galaxian posted:

JP GSSRs have been 15 paid quartz for some time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

JP has had discounted GSSR for a while now, i think since 3rd Anniversary? so it's only 15 sq

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

dogsicle posted:

fwiw JP's GSSR has been announced: Limited servants only on class-based banners. Main seven classes are all separate while Avengers/Rulers and Alterego/Moon Cancer/Foreigner share banners. still costs 15sq and nets you an 11-roll due to the anniversary update

they're also rerunning Sparrow's Inn from Jan 4 - Jan 18

details about NY campaigns and the new servant being held until the actual NY stream
You know what that means, prepare your smiley face stickers.

Honestly tempted to go for that AE/MC/Foreigner banner and risk the NP4 BB

A cleaner image if anyone else wants it

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And there go my last hopes of Santa Quetz rerun

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ooooh fun! I changed the metric on account of I have managed to stay relatively unspoilered of future content.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're putting Saber Lily in FP gacha, as anniversary is coming up (and she's one of the only welfare that ascends via regular mats)

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
They're adding Hokusai to FGO Arcade. Not that most of us here have access to it, but the video of her NP looks really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f32BUeuqbVM

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Tae posted:

They're putting Saber Lily in FP gacha, as anniversary is coming up (and she's one of the only welfare that ascends via regular mats)

Bunyan also uses regular mats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Thats kind of a nice idea, it'd be cool if never-returning welfares started getting added to the FP gacha to get some use out of them for newer players