Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Whorelord posted:

i hate to call shitpost but that's a shitpost, decently written op but then he goes into how he makes 2 million a year and poo poo and it just loses all credibility

On the other hand though is that behaviour anything but believable for someone who makes that much money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

On the other hand though is that behaviour anything but believable for someone who makes that much money

of course not, but i doubt that kind of person would have even the tiniest bit of self reflection to ask about whether or not they're a prick on reddit, or even necessarily know what reddit is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Whorelord posted:

of course not, but i doubt that kind of person would have even the tiniest bit of self reflection to ask about whether or not they're a prick on reddit, or even necessarily know what reddit is

You'd be surprised. Like the only redeeming feature of twitter is getting to see all the people who are paid way too much to have opinions have to deal with the hoi polloi being able and all to willing to tell them they're dumb pieces of poo poo, and the resulting meltdowns.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Whorelord posted:

i hate to call shitpost but that's a shitpost, decently written op but then he goes into how he makes 2 million a year and poo poo and it just loses all credibility

"I make 2 million a year" = "I'm a contractor/salesman with lumpy income and had a $150000 month once"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm starting to think making GBS threads all over the assholes in this thread actually makes some of y'all feel good inside, and that's just fuckin sad

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

snergle posted:

whats the thread title from i ctrl f'd europe and went back 10 pages. the thread moves so fast some times.

the heat goes wrong posted:

Both redditors and OP seem to be weirdly focused on there being childrens toys and pictures in the same room during the sex.

Is there some sort of taboo among the americans that I'm unaware of, or can I just file it under "people who post on reddit are weird".

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Mozi posted:

I don’t care, stop talking about it.

Stop talking about things in the talk about things thread

That's a chump opinion right there

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

kru posted:

No, they're right

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

On the other hand though that post definitely 100% is fanfiction just like the rest of the reddit front page. You would think people in this thread would realize by now how to spot fake posts. Normally it's way too on-the-nose.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

the heat goes wrong posted:

Both redditors and OP seem to be weirdly focused on there being childrens toys and pictures in the same room during the sex.

Here's a classic Dan Savage letter:

quote:

I have an awesome relationship with an awesome guy. He loves me and takes care of me. I'm GGG and he's vanilla. I only draw the line at poop, animals, and children. But he's never asked me for anything other than vanilla sex. Which is why I don't know what to do. I went downstairs late the other night, and he was sitting on the couch masturbating while stroking the cat, which was sitting on his chest. The cat was sitting ON him, Dan, WHILE he was yanking himself. I don't know if he saw me. I went right back upstairs and went to bed. In the morning, he acted like nothing happened. Now I don't know what to do. Confront him? Get him help? Get rid of the cat?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Thank you for this thread title. The best parts of this thread are smug Euros showing up to claim all Americans are hopeless prudes for whatever reason.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
BF with a fetish or pimp in the making?

quote:

My BF gets aroused by the idea of sexually sharing me with others. Getting gang banged by strangers, etc. It’s the only thing he can get off to. But his fantasy has evolved over the past year. He thinks I’m “the hottest girl he’s ever been with” and says he’s just in awe over my looks, which is why he sends private photos of me to his friends without my permission. I’ve made it clear that is not something I find acceptable.

One night, it got so out of hand that he sent a bare photo (face included) to several friends at a time on Snapchat with a message asking something along the lines of “wanna come f*ck her?” I caught him. He apologized to me and his friends. I deleted every photo he had of me from his phone, iPad, etc. and I thought we were done with the problem.

Nope.

That was May/June.

In October, I found a photo of myself on the iPad. This wasn’t from snooping- I had asked for a specific photo from a trip we went on and he told me I could use the iPad to retrieve it from his photo album while he played on his phone. Long story short, he had a photo (or two, can’t remember) hidden. I confronted him. He tried to deny it. Made up some story. Whatever. I took partial blame for not making sure I deleted everything as well as I thought I had. Gave him another chance.

It’s now December. He came home from his office Xmas party drunk and high. *Note: he doesn’t do this sober. It’s only a drunk thing. So he came home. Ate dinner. Said he wanted to go to bed yet still seemed like he had a lot of energy so I said okay but asked if we could have sex before that. We have very different sex drives. Mine is extremely high. I want it constantly. And he’s the opposite, satisfied with twice a week. So I didn’t take his rejection as anything particularly weird because he’s not very sexual to begin with and to be fair he had been out drinking all night. BUT there was this nagging feeling that he wasn’t being completely truthful. He went to bed with the bedroom door open, which I honestly left open because I didn’t trust him. So he was in bed. I was cleaning the kitchen, within full view of him. 20 minutes goes by and he yells for me to close the door because “the light was bothering him”. Spidey senses tingle. But I pushed those feelings away and closed the door, telling myself I was overreacting. My internal voice is now yelling HE’S DOING IT AGAIN. Again, I tell myself I’m being dramatic because I’m over sensitive after past mistakes. 3 minutes go by and the next thing I knew I was climbing into bed with him, pretending I didn’t suspect him. He was fake sleeping so I laid there quietly to let him believe I was dozing off. He kept inching closer and closer to his phone everrrr so slightly, making sure not to rock the bed too much. While I laid there, I could feel his energy. I could feel his frustration that I was in the room and picked up on his restlessness as he waited for me to fully fall asleep. He turned on his side to face his phone and continue fake sleeping. The draft from the bedroom fan was about to blow the door closed so I got up in an effort to close it more gently. Then I got an idea. While he was facing away from the door I quickly got down on the floor and didn’t make a noise. I knew he was going to walk right into the set up. In the pitch black room, he counted to what seemed like 30 seconds, making sure I wasn’t in the room. After the 30 seconds, he rolled over to check my side of the bed and noticed I wasn’t there. And with that, he sudddddenly was fully awake and alert. Unlocked his phone and opened it to Snapchat. It was alllllllll going down. Once he got settled, I popped up like, “hey babe! You okay? Why aren’t you sleeping?” ...knowing drat well what he was up to. He started the fake sleep bullshit again and put on the worst acting I’ve ever seen. Through his “sleepy” mumbles, he accused me of “waking him” when I slammed the door. I can feel his fear growing. I asked if he was being a good boy, which is our code language for not being the drunk pervert douche version. He said he was behaving (but always seems to think he can outsmart me and tried to kiss me). I asked him to show me his phone. He tapped it to illuminate the phone and show me the locked screen with a few notifications. Like, cool, but HA NO. I clarified I wanted it unlocked. He did it, but began pulling the phone away as he did. Meanwhile, I’m thinking game on. I grabbed the phone and begin scrolling- he starts panicking IMMEDIATELY. I get to Snapchat- there’s a new conversation with one of his friends. I couldn’t see what the first message was, but I could read the response and it confirmed everything I already knew. He sent a photo of me.

He starts babbling. Whatever. Finally starts offering an actual explanation. He says he can’t believe how sexy I am and wants to show me off. Also tells me I should think of it as a compliment. And blahblahblah. We end up having a discussion until 3ish in the morning about his behavior. And call me stupid, but I honestly believed we were on the same page afterwards. He agreed to schedule an appointment with his therapist and apologize to his friend.

Fast forward to this morning. Things clearly aren’t okay- more specifically I’mmmmm not okay and acting very distant. All while he’s trying his best to be nice. During the day, he did reach out to his therapist and friend. So I’m thinking this is good- we’re making progress. He really heard me last night.

SURPRISE! Less than 12 hours later and here we are... him with his usual attitude, not making eye contact when we speak, brushing me off, being dismissive, etc. and me with my are you f*cking kidding me attitude. He claims his hangover is so bad that he’s incapable of being nice and doesn’t want to have to listen to me. Is calling me annoying. Yada yada yada. Meanwhile he had enough energy to wake up at 8am to meet a friend almost an hour away for breakfast, after going to sleep at 4am. So... unless you’re waking up in Vegas with a face tattoo and a tooth knocked out while your friend is walking around with a baby strapped to him, I don’t want to hear about your hangover. (This is the type of guy who will whine about everything, so its safe to say my patience is already low).

I’d also like to point out that I haven’t raised my voice or flipped out ONCE during all of this. I stayed completely calm to try my best at having an actual conversation rather than a screaming match. In my opinion, I’ve been far nicer than I needed to be. Since he was unwilling to speak to me with his man-cold equivalent of a hangover, I asked that he read an article on how to be more respectful towards your partner. I had previously read it and found it to be very insightful- so much so that I ended up reevaluating a lot of my own behavior and reflecting on it. Yet he couldn’t be bothered. And told me he wouldn’t read it.

... I know how I generally feel about all of this, but I wanted some other opinions. Is this not as big of a deal that I think it is? Is this something guys often do? Am I expecting too much while he’s hungover? Is there any part of this I could have handled better? If yes, elaborate, please.

Also please don’t respond with “stop taking photos”. I already stopped. Months ago. The issue is he squirrels them away and lies like a rug.

** we’re a M/F couple, both 26, and have been together for almost 3 years.

But wait, there's more!

Why is my boyfriend (M26) afraid of his own sperm?

quote:

Boyfriend expects me to willingly swallow his cum like it’s nothing, but can’t handle it touching his skin and freaks out/gets mad if it comes into contact with him. HIS. OWN. CUM.

He frantically runs for the bathroom and nearest paper towel. And he spastically wipes it off.

If he fingers me, the fingers that were inside me and got wet are now in need of a wiping or he just don’t use those fingers during foreplay or sex until his hand is clean.

His cum is okay for me, but not good enough for him?

Wtf is this about?

TL;DR Boyfriend grossed out by his own sperm, but expects me to deal with it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zakharov posted:

Thank you for this thread title. The best parts of this thread are smug Euros showing up to claim all Americans are hopeless prudes for whatever reason.

I dunno if it’s quite as good as people claiming giving strippers handjobs isn’t cheating but it’s up there... unless quarkjets and such fun are European, in which case it’s just a subset of the smug euros/American prudes thing.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

zakharov posted:

nah im fairly sure it's actually grape coming in and telling us europeans about our own continent and getting it wrong every time

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pinecone Sample posted:

BF with a fetish or pimp in the making?

But wait, there's more!

Why is my boyfriend (M26) afraid of his own sperm?

This woman is absolutely going to wake up with one of this guy's friends raping her one day.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The future epic divorce guy implies in his edit that bread winning is the only function he thinks he needs to do so of course he says how much he makes. He thinks that earns him family man points from which to argue his position that his daughter should defer to whatever asinine opinion he has.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m an American in Europe and they’re liberal about some things but horrendous with others (decent weed, people of color, to name a few)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Barcelona outlawed nudity so euros are coward prudes just like us

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm starting to think making GBS threads all over the assholes in this thread actually makes some of y'all feel good inside, and that's just fuckin sad

He said, making GBS threads all over people without a trace of irony.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

How did it take you 6000 pages to start thinking that?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

xtal posted:

How did it take you 6000 pages to start thinking that?

Constipation is the likely cause

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Whorelord posted:

nah im fairly sure it's actually grape coming in and telling us europeans about our own continent and getting it wrong every time

Yeah, that time I compared how Native Americans aren't a monolith and have ethnic conflicts and issues like European groups do, and the Western Euros flipped their poo poo about it was pretty funny.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What do you mean there's a north and south Irish

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

kru posted:

Normally people going on and on about poo poo it just part of the deal.

But ya'll are going on and on about some poo poo that wasn't the topic of the post. I feel like people have missed the fact that he was never asking if he was the rear end in a top hat for walking out on the family and, consequently, barely included any details at all about it. Arguing at length over this is supremely stupid because the dude intentionally didn't give really any details about it because it wasn't the topic of his post. He wanted to know if he was the rear end in a top hat for revealing the truth about his "daughter's" parentage. He was not asking for opinions on him walking out, so it was mentioned briefly with only the barest detail. We know only the absolute minimum about the circumstances, so arguing in circles about this is dumb as hell.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Grape posted:

Yeah, that time I compared how Native Americans aren't a monolith and have ethnic conflicts and issues like European groups do, and the Western Euros flipped their poo poo about it was pretty funny.

lol you said that Irish and English people don't date/marry and after people pointed out you were wrong and then you started going on about when interrailing or something

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for spending more money on my car than on my girl’s engagement ring?

So I got down on one knee and popped the question to my girlfriend. Thought I was doing it right. I open the ring box and her face drops. She says yes thankfully since we are surrounded by our family and friends. And then she pulls me aside to go upstairs and all havoc breaks loose.

Backstory - I purchased a 50k car for me last week. This is my first brand new car and I’ve been frugal all year so I can afford it without financing. I don’t like to finance anything or have debt besides my mortgage. I feel like if there’s a way to pay cash you should. I am financially responsible and this has been my only luxury in a long time. Our finances are separate. Anyway, I joked that I’m gifting the car to myself for Xmas. It was my gift to myself for getting a great raise and for having a successful year at work. I make 200k and that’s not to brag it’s important info for later.

So when she sees the ring she’s clearly disappointed. It is the style of ring she wants, from the brand she’s always wanted. It’s just not big enough. Let me tell you, it’s not small. It .98 carats so just a hair under a full carat. It’s a natural diamond which I thought was wasteful to begin with because they’re essentially worthless carbon pieces but she wanted it so I wanted to make her happy. The diamond is great quality, it’s from a luxury known jewelry store that does not carry flawed diamonds. That being said, you pay for the name. I could have gotten her twice the size elsewhere from a no name jeweler with similar specs. She was very adamant she wanted the luxury brand.

She’s throwing in my face that I valued getting myself a car over her “once in a lifetime” ring. I paid 12k for her ring. She says that since I make 200k that I could have afforded the ring and diamond size she liked. It would of been 5-7k more so like 17-20k total for a loving ring. Am I dumb? Is it not okay to spend more money on a vehicle that I’ll use every day to get me to and from work? She’s says she uses her ring everyday.

I mentioned that we can return it and get her preferred size at another store where we can get more for the money. She said no. I also told her that she’s welcomed to exchange it for a larger diamond if she wants to cover the difference with her own money if she wants the same luxury brand. She said no one pays for their own diamond especially when their SO drops 50k a week before getting and makes 200k.

So this is where I’m conflicted reddit, I feel a little guilty for buying the car and spending the money right before her ring. I guess I could have spent less and spent more on the ring but I really believe engagement rings are kind of a waste of money. If I didn’t buy the car I wouldn’t think I’m an rear end in a top hat but she’s painting it that way to family and friends. It doesn’t help that her girlfriend’s rings are bigger and even my mother agrees that her diamond is small. I didn’t think engagement rings were a dick measuring contest.

Edit- she knows the carat weight because it has it engraved under the band.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Unless she wants a bigger ring so she can hop in to it and drive to work that's a pretty dumb comparison. Spending even that 12k on jewelry was wasteful.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Excuse me, conductor? Yes I'd like to make a complaint. There is not enough gravy on this train and I'm upset about it.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Lady should be glad her bf didn't get a plastic ring pop with a brown mood stone shaped like a heart lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Whorelord posted:

lol you said that Irish and English people don't date/marry and after people pointed out you were wrong and then you started going on about when interrailing or something

I said that even in places with lowered tensions that are mostly in the past you can still have awkward relationships, especially concerning older relatives.

Particularly imagine an Irish lad and his best English gal going to her home for dinner and Uncle Gammon starts talking about how Boris Johnson owned the Irish today and how they need to remember their place.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I didn’t think engagement rings were a dick measuring contest.

That was your first mistake.

Well, deciding to marry a woman that venal was your first mistake. Going through with it will be your third.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I am forever grateful that my wife's family had a legacy engagement ring that my wife loved and had been promised. I have a general moral objection to African diamonds and was also a poor student when we got married. I have no idea how I would have navigated that territory.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He said, making GBS threads all over people without a trace of irony.

yes but it doesn't make me feel good and I didn't smear on a ten foot layer of hyperbole

some people you can just tell are extremely online, that's why we have the description extremely online

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Grape posted:

I said that even in places with lowered tensions that are mostly in the past you can still have awkward relationships, especially concerning older relatives.

Particularly imagine an Irish lad and his best English gal going to her home for dinner and Uncle Gammon starts talking about how Boris Johnson owned the Irish today and how they need to remember their place.

ah so stuff on the level of tepid poo poo talking that goes on at international rugby matches then?

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
12k on a loving diamond and she's still not satisfied. If he goes through with marrying her he deserves everything he gets imo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for leaving my family Christmas party after receiving a “joke” gift?

Some background information needed: When I was 19 I did something stupid with my friends and ended up staying a night in jail, mugshot and all. It was harmless dumb teenage stuff but I will always regret it and am very embarrassed of the whole situation.

I’m now in my 40s with with my own children and a niece and nephew. My sister tends to let her children get away with things that I don’t let my children get away with and always gives me a hard time about being too strict with them.

To prove a point, she gifted me a blanket with my mugshot from years ago plastered on it. In front of my kids and her kids. None of them knew about the situation prior to this moment and I don’t think it was her place or the right way to tell them about it.

After an argument between my sister and I, my husband suggested we go home for the night.

AITA?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol: I wish I could get a blanket with my mugshot from 10 years ago on it

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

HOT BREAD! posted:

12k on a loving diamond and she's still not satisfied. If he goes through with marrying her he deserves everything he gets imo

Actually wait he up and bought a 50k car right before proposing, just guillotine them both, case closed

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

can't even really wear a ring that big

I see those huge diamond rings and I immediately think of televangelist wives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

zakharov posted:

Americans are hopeless prudes.

It's just not because in Europe people think for some reason its OK to give strippers hand jobs in hen parties or jizz all over a 6 year old sheets.