Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

so it turns out my boss's father has this giant "hollywood icons" poster and in the corner there's a COBRA sly stallone and I walk by it without laughing now thanks a lot chapo

What about your boss's uncles though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

UP AND ADAM posted:

What about your boss's uncles though?

used to work for the company too. unsure about their uncle magic power though.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

used to work for the company too. unsure about their uncle magic power though.

This is the strongest uncle energy I've seen
https://twitter.com/suzyshinn/status/1209961933782339584

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's honestly adorable

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

somebody show this to matt, I want to see if he'll start seizing up like eichenwald with that gif

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1210336149857808386

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I am told the original idea behind Sonic the Hedgehog was the need to go fast, an imperative mandated by the big Other, never fully satisfied due to the presence of spikes, robots, other obstacles, in other words the return of the Real into the otherwise frictionless symbolic order sniff.

The presence of a baby Sonic is another sign of the foreclosure of the possibility to go fast, because a baby cannot go fast, it is awkward and underdeveloped reflexes and so on and so on.

The neoliberal order sniff so far offers the possibility to go fast but also provides brakes, much like coffee without caffeine, so I claim the lesson for the left today is to start going all gas without brakes, to go fast.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/1210244872667447298?s=19

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Uranium posted:

I am told the original idea behind Sonic the Hedgehog was the need to go fast, an imperative mandated by the big Other, never fully satisfied due to the presence of spikes, robots, other obstacles, in other words the return of the Real into the otherwise frictionless symbolic order sniff.

The presence of a baby Sonic is another sign of the foreclosure of the possibility to go fast, because a baby cannot go fast, it is awkward and underdeveloped reflexes and so on and so on.

The neoliberal order sniff so far offers the possibility to go fast but also provides brakes, much like coffee without caffeine, so I claim the lesson for the left today is to start going all gas without brakes, to go fast.

From the master himself:

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That's nothing more than the Hedgehog/Prower phenomenon of ostensibly adult characters engaged in prolonged and intense bouts of presexual intimacy.

FN and Poe - despite being twenty- and thirty-somethings, respectively - are several steps behind Matthew Broderick's teen hacker in Wargames, who tentatively explores how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl.

For fans, the actual erotic appeal comes from the fact that Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever. He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs. Poe and FN, likewise, will never move beyond hugging and trying on eachothers' clothes. They have no need to.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Almost clicked on the latest Red Scare because Amber is on it. Almost

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
thanks for the heads up. anyone working on an amber only cut of that episode?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Don’t just cut it out, sub in your choice of Peanuts adult speak or the Swedish Chef for the Daschas’ dialogue. And also for the Nick Mullen episode.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Don’t just cut it out, sub in your choice of Peanuts adult speak or the Swedish Chef for the Daschas’ dialogue. And also for the Nick Mullen episode.

the Nick Mullen red scare ep is worth tracking down for the absurdity of Nick trying to explain bitcoin to the Dashas.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
boots riley is a national treasure

https://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status/1210400888658939904

https://twitter.com/DanielDenvir/status/1210651328885796865

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 28, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Boots Riley deactivated his Twitter for a month because people were making fun of him for not knowing what a twink was

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gripweed posted:

Boots Riley deactivated his Twitter for a month because people were making fun of him for not knowing what a twink was

Were they just making fun of him or were they getting all woke high and mighty?

Because if the former, lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Does he not know that The Irishman was being worked on for like a decade

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You should be banned from twitter if you can't handle the blowback from your bad takes.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Groovelord Neato posted:

You should be banned from twitter if you can't handle the blowback from your bad takes.

no, twitter is actually a place for narcissists to go so they eventually grow into the walls of their echo chambers and are no longer able to interact with any other online spaces or reality.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/baronsorkin/status/1211034701932175360?s=20

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Bruenig is now a nyt opinion writer making the argument against pedophilia an issue of "sin" and what "jesus wants"

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Give her a year and her writing will be indistinguishable from rod's

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

it's been said on this forum several times before but it cannot be emphasized enough, adult conversion to catholicism is mental illness

THS
Sep 15, 2017

just briefly waded On Line to the current twitter debate about pedophilia and got about 10 meters in before i held my own head under the water and drowned myself

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

it's been said on this forum several times before but it cannot be emphasized enough, adult conversion to catholicism is mental illness
Bruenig seems nice enough but I always get the feeling she spends half her time awkwardly trying to shoehorn her actual beliefs into catholic dogma or vice versa.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i went through like 5 twitter accounts that all got banned for harassing washington post columnists, not making a new one and not having a twitter account for a year has been great. highly recommend it. everytime you use the website without an account and its like "you must create an account to use this feature" you just close the tab because you realize its not worth it and the website sucks rear end

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Hedenius posted:

Bruenig seems nice enough but I always get the feeling she spends half her time awkwardly trying to shoehorn her actual beliefs into catholic dogma or vice versa.

Well being a leftist is a very smart thing to do and being a Catholic is a very stupid thing to do, so one imagines you probably have to spend a lot of time spackling the cracks in your brain to keep the cognitive dissonance of mutually exclusive ideologies from splintering your psyche to pieces.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/CourtneySoliday/status/1211060270195519489?s=20

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Liz is correct that Jesus did not personally want to rape children.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Joementum posted:

The bible has been heavily edited.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

Q source more like qanon source

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Mr Hootington posted:

The bible has been heavily edited.

Little King James Edition

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Seriously though, if you disagree with Liz's stance that it is sinful to desire to rape babies, feel free to post the tweet of hers that you take issue with and argue your point.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

sinnng is cool, pedo poo poo is not cool, ergo pedo poo poo isnt sinning

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cael posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

terrorist ambulance posted:

Bruenig is now a nyt opinion writer making the argument against pedophilia an issue of "sin" and what "jesus wants"

I thought she was a mommy blogger now.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Joementum posted:

Seriously though, if you disagree with Liz's stance that it is sinful to desire to rape babies, feel free to post the tweet of hers that you take issue with and argue your point.

the problem is you shouldn't be using the same psychotic moral framework that says gay sex (or hell, just premarital sex, or technically, any non PIV sex according to the Holy See) is bad as your moral high ground to say to say that molesting children is bad

you could use, like, just about any other moral framework out there and stand on a much, much firmer foundation

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

the problem is you shouldn't be using the same psychotic moral framework that says gay sex (or hell, just premarital sex, or technically, any non PIV sex according to the Holy See) is bad as your moral high ground to say to say that molesting children is bad

you could use, like, just about any other moral framework out there and stand on a much, much firmer foundation

"Don't rape kids cause all the kids hate it" seems like a pretty easy place to start

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Cael posted:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Catholics are still the single largest religious group in the us lol I'm okay with liz penetrating those tight circles of thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Joementum posted:

Lol yeah you're right sin is a great and useful moral framework and powerful rhetorical tool. The catholic church has managed to stay well clear of any pedophilia problems by recognizing sexual attraction to children as "sinful" rather than say, fundamentally wrong and inherently abusive (for starters)