Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

GoutPatrol posted:

50% of the people forums have no idea that any drama happened in the past 2 weeks. If you only look in your bookmarks and stay in those lanes, its very easy to ignore everything else.

I repeatedly miss mods disappearing and only notice months later. I have no idea what happened to Fstgrrl (or however that was spelled) or Abe, for example. I just looked around one day and realized they weren't mods/admins any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can believe it. I totally forgot QCS was a thing until that stupid poo poo in ADTRW happened.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Shmorky thing is one of those weird times when there was a huge exodus of posters/mods, but I honestly didn't even notice until it was brought up in some random thread (possibly this one or a previous iteration) like months later.

Drama really only “affects” you if it happens in your threads, or you’re one of those posters who actually visits QCS unprompted

or you follow this thread I guess

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Polaron posted:

I repeatedly miss mods disappearing and only notice months later. I have no idea what happened to Fstgrrl (or however that was spelled) or Abe, for example. I just looked around one day and realized they weren't mods/admins any more.

we dont talk about abe

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Drama really only “affects” you if it happens in your threads, or you’re one of those posters who actually visits QCS unprompted

or you follow this thread I guess

Or read the Leper's Colony.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
These forums have never had a poster named Abe and any claims to the contrary will be punished

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I think the Shmorky drama was mostly LPers right? They made their own offshoot site and like most offshoot sites was poo poo and had really dumb rules.

I'm aware of a LP offshoot site that still exists, but I'm not sure if it's the same one (I was completely away from SA at the time the Shmorky drama happened).

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Really the exodus in question was less than ten people. And only one person got banned for the whole Shmorky thing, the rest were either people upset because said person was banned for criticizing Lowtax offsite, and the rest were just "I only really joined the site because I was friends with these guys and since they're gone I might as well leave." And even then, again it was like seven people total.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Slanderer posted:

I think his post was pretty good :). Have a pleasant evening!

Why is it that everytime a trans person says something you seem to be there to say "nah, sound like bullshit, have a nice one"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anarchist Mae posted:

Why is it that everytime a trans person says something you seem to be there to say "nah, sound like bullshit, have a nice one"

:thunk:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

we dont talk about abe

Can we still talk about the "Abe gets owned for 30 days" thread? Because that was a great thread and lived up to its concept.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Anarchist Mae posted:

:thunkher: :thunkher:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

OK point taken about letting the inmates run the asylum, bad idea on my part.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

we dont talk about abe

The only thing I really miss about the Abe era was seeing a thread suddenly have "MOD CHALLENGE" in the title and wondering what godawful stupid thing the OP had done to deserve that. That and other goons showing the OP up at the challenge in fantastic ways.

I think the fruit hat was the deathknell for that whole bit.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's very Cool and Good that you can instantly identify FYAD posters without even checking the negative postcount nowadays

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wasn't that just a toxx and not a Mod Challenge?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Abe sitting in an unfurnished basement room, his eyes streaked with tears, half a hat in his hands. Hard not to crack a smile at the mental image.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Well I never could've guessed. A fyader standing for transphobia.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah the guy with a positive postcount and a cspam gangtag, real fyad stalwart

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Abe sitting in an unfurnished basement room, his eyes streaked with tears, half a hat in his hands. Hard not to crack a smile at the mental image.

until he comes out of the shadows to drop 2g's into low tax's spine fund.

Downtown Abey posted:

listen rear end in a top hat I might not be a mod anymore but YOU DON'T MOD CHALLENGE ME BUCKO

that said, I'm like 17 years overdue on my "goon spends money very questionably on a forums related donation" so I might as well check that final box off the list.

DEAR RICHARD:

we had/have our differences but I genuinely appreciate this dumbass forum & the opportunity you gave me to poorly write stuff about. SA for better or for worse was formative for me, and while there's a fair amount of stuff I really regret posting in retrospect, I am truly grateful to have been a part of the forums. No loving idea on who or what is posting here now, but the time I was a part of it was largely positive on my professional and personal life, and the friendships I made here are some that are gonna last me for a good long while.

I legitimately hope that no matter what happens with the forums, that we all collectively can agree that Something Awful did some really cool (and really terrible) poo poo.

Get well dude.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Alaois posted:

one may post in many forums

you should post in none

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Brute Squad posted:

until he comes out of the shadows to drop 2g's into low tax's spine fund.

And on the 31st day... Abe owned himself.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Screaming Idiot posted:

you should post in none

turn you’re fuckjing monitor on

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

you should post in none

you had a near suicidal meltdown because someone hit you with a "much like your posting"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Alaois posted:

you had a near suicidal meltdown because someone hit you with a "much like your posting"

yeah, and I'm still less unlikable than you

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Anarchist Mae posted:

Well I never could've guessed. A fyader standing for transphobia.

Please cite your sources and no doxxing, thanks!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Alaois posted:

Sorry, I'll do a deep-dive into their post history and research forums gang tags next time instead of, y'know, the forum they posted a thread in

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Please bring up your full-diaper related complaints in the appropriate thread. Thank you.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Slanderer posted:

Please cite your sources and no doxxing, thanks!

you: i think this post directed at trans people is good

me, a trans person: it's not and here's why

you: (dismissive noises)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Slanderer posted:

Please bring up your full-diaper related complaints in the appropriate thread. Thank you.

epic lol!!!!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I popped into FYAD because I saw it was reopened, and sure enough it’s full of people pissing and moaning about how comedy is now illegal because they can’t use slurs anymore. Thank god we’ve preserved this invaluable forums resource.

EDIT: Since when is Ralp back?

Ariong has a new favorite as of 07:10 on Dec 28, 2019

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Yeah we get it, you suck rear end

Lmao look at this loser who doesn’t eat rear end in 2019

Fake edit: it’s extremely troubling that you edited your initial problematic post

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There should be no mods for FYAD. Just a lawless wasteland, but once a month a random admin has to go through it and permaban one out of every ten posters. 2020 should be the year of decimation.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Slanderer posted:

Lmao look at this loser who doesn’t eat rear end in 2019

Fake edit: it’s extremely troubling that you edited your initial problematic post

:vince:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Since when is Ralp back?

apparently lowtax somehow brought him back to mod FYAD

he has already been demodded from FYAD

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

There should be no mods for FYAD. Just a lawless wasteland, but once a month a random admin has to go through it and permaban one out of every ten posters. 2020 should be the year of decimation.

Also, every post in FYAD automatically earns a sixer.

razorrozar posted:

apparently lowtax somehow brought him back to mod FYAD

he has already been demodded from FYAD

Lowtax went "oh no how did this happen I can't imagine how Ralp would get buttons again" when enough people called him out on it, lol.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kazinsal posted:

Also, every post in FYAD automatically earns a sixer.

it's like slow mode in discord

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Ralp is such poo poo it's amazing he was even considered to be a mod, let alone actually made one.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

razorrozar posted:

it's like slow mode in discord

but enough about the current state of fyad

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

content! Here's an extremely wholesome story out of SA-Mart of all places:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907072

Madness posted:

Man my kid would love this, wish our Christmas budget was not already spent.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'll buy it so you can give this to your kid, if that's cool with you.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019