Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
BOOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Donovan Trip posted:

The Brutalist Barchitecture underscores the tones of Bauthority in Control starring Besse

The boldest bauhaus

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

Oh hey, Dead or Alive 6 core fighters is free for PS+ subscribers

Edit lol it’s only 4 characters

Yeah it's the free to play version anyway, same as they did with 5, everything else is DLC

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bake Bontrol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In my early childhood I spent a lot of time in municipal public buildings so brutalist architecture is equal parts alienating and nostalgic to me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
just loaded up death stranding to pick up where i left off months ago, early chapter 3 and ... everyone is wearing santa hats.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Merry Strandmas.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

just loaded up death stranding to pick up where i left off months ago, early chapter 3 and ... everyone is wearing santa hats.

Same! I love it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah it's the free to play version anyway, same as they did with 5, everything else is DLC

Do the characters rotate or anything like with 5? I remember there were some other characters you'd get for free with PS+ periodically

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

colachute posted:

I envied Tyler Durden’s ability to not give a flying gently caress about anything but that was me being a nihilist 12 year old who thought it was cool to not give a flying gently caress about anything.

Can't teach a nihilist to be an anarchist, it has to come organically.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

as well as Vittorio Storaro's work on The Conformist

The Conformist is loving legend.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The Conformist is loving legend.

:hai:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

It started doing that last weekend and I loved it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neo Rasa posted:

Do the characters rotate or anything like with 5? I remember there were some other characters you'd get for free with PS+ periodically

Hitomi, Bass, Kasumi and Diego are permanently free, I think there's been a couple of times characters have been free to unlock (I want to say Hayabusa most recently?)

You also have full access to everyone in mission mode regardless of purchase status and characters are like three or four bucks if you like 'em

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The only good fightmans is Smash

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

The only good fightmans is Smash

Tekken 7, DOA 6, and MK11 all loving rule. Fighting games are in a really great spot in the last 18 months.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tekken 7, DOA 6, and MK11 all loving rule. Fighting games are in a really great spot in the last 18 months.

They mean the other kind of Smash

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just finished Death Stranding and it was definitely an experience to go from regretting getting the game to loving it to wishing Kojima got to make a movie instead of having to awkwardly fit one in the finale.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Don’t forget KOF14. I really should try the new samurai shodow

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hard disagree about Kojima making a movie.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I ended up getting Control and I love it so far. just got to the parapsychology department and I love how the story is told, the flavour documents lying around, the guns, etc.

also enjoying watching the wife play Death Stranding. she thought it was hilarious that you can pee wherever

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Housh posted:

Don’t forget KOF14. I really should try the new samurai shodow

It’s very good and they keep adding characters. As a big fan of the series, particular SamSho4, I find it to be pretty perfect with the only issue being annoying loading times.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Boy people weren't joking about the mountain segments of Death Stranding, screw snow BTs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked the mountain parts

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The main issue is that I am currently in the part where you have no BB to detect the BTs so it's hard to find them until they are already coming after you

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am loving hyped for the next Guilty Gear.

MK11 was incredibly good.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bought "Days Gone" for 19$, imediatelly decided is not for me. Oh bummer.

The game feel uninviting, quiet and dangerous in a way that make me feel better not playing it than playing it. Maybe is because I am a coward?

But I finished Death Stranding, and DS have a lot of parts with personal risks.

Days Gone seems to be (to me) a game of moving around a quicksave station (your bike) with a counter down (your ammo) that when it reach zero you are f*cked. You could play . metal gear solid style making silent kills, but it don't feel rewarding or even the best strategy.. the zombies are just too random in every sense of the word, killing one is not a feat, but a waste of a bullet or whatever resource you use.

Is not a bad game, is just not for me.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'll play Days Gone next year when there is a lull.

Also, I do not expect there to be a lull next year.

Holy poo poo, we are constantly surrounded by great video games. If you can't find time for what you have, you're not living in this present.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Melee is actually super viable in Days Gone even with the default boot knife. Gotta use that sweet Souls roll to dodge the zombie swings.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What are everyones favourite weapon forms in control?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The sniper one was the only one I even bothered with after a certain point because it makes the bosses less of a pain in the rear end. Just used the superpowers for everything else.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Spin with the tighter shot grouping mod

And pierce because I love saving up power for a single kablooie. Also why I used the long axe in Bloodborne.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just got my platinum for Goose Game. What a fun little adventure. I took a picture of me wearing the crown.

I also got several of my students to get the game themselves after I showed them the game as well. Even my wife wanted to try it out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Spin with the tighter shot grouping mod

And pierce because I love saving up power for a single kablooie. Also why I used the long axe in Bloodborne.

This.

Shatter for certain bosses.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shatter and Pierce are what I usually use.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The main issue is that I am currently in the part where you have no BB to detect the BTs so it's hard to find them until they are already coming after you

The secret is fight them. Throw some hematic grenades and blast them with your assault rifle loaded with standard ammo

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Is Batman: Arkham Collection a decent port of the first two games?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lazyhound posted:

Is Batman: Arkham Collection a decent port of the first two games?

Yeah it's fine if you want to play them on modern consoles. They messed with the lighting in what I would say is a negative way. The games don't run as well as they should but they're fine! Don't listen to anyone who says they run like poo poo, they had a lot of patches.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

What are everyones favourite weapon forms in control?

I mained Shatter and Pierce for my first playthrough but really loved Spin for my second.

Charge is the only dud, but it does instantly reveal the cloaked exploding screamer guys.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Tei posted:

The game feel uninviting, quiet and dangerous in a way that make me feel better not playing it than playing it. Maybe is because I am a coward?

Days Gone seems to be (to me) a game of moving around a quicksave station (your bike) with a counter down (your ammo) that when it reach zero you are f*cked. You could play . metal gear solid style making silent kills, but it don't feel rewarding or even the best strategy.. the zombies are just too random in every sense of the word, killing one is not a feat, but a waste of a bullet or whatever resource you use.

The stealth really helps especially against human enemies. This is just like metro exodus, stealth is about reducing as much of the enemy numbers as you can before it gets into a full blown firefight making it easier for you. Also you get a lot of upgrades, including ammo saddlebags for your bike. It's really harder on you in the beginning but if you stick with it for a few hours it does get better.

Fix posted:

I'll play Days Gone next year when there is a lull.

Also, I do not expect there to be a lull next year.

Holy poo poo, we are constantly surrounded by great video games. If you can't find time for what you have, you're not living in this present.

I'm in a lull right now and it's helping a bit. I finished all the big games of this year (sekiro, metro, control, death stranding etc etc) and I'm really just waiting for next year which brings final fantasy 7 part 1, Nioh 2, resident evil 3, Cyperpunk 2077 and last of us 2 in the first 6 months. Honestly I really am trying to catch up on my backlog because once February hits (with yakuza 5 and for physical people that means yakuza 3-5) I don't know if I'll have time for anything other than those big releases. And we'll have ghost of tsushima for summer and ps5 in late fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tei posted:

I flushed it after 3-4 hours. i could stick with a mediocre game for 80 hours but days gone has some bigger problems and rough edges that turned me off.