Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I've never put a funcast model together before

Like wtf? Fix with a hair dryer maybe? Everything on this model is all wavy and brittle and just gross. I realize I'm having this galaxy brain moment that you all had like many many years ago but Jesus.
we're all surprised anew at the shittiness of finecast, every time we use it. i'm working on the same ogre butcher in both finecast & metal atm and I've never appreciated metal more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Gorgeous content. How did you accomplish that alpha legion metal?

Thanks! It's just Decoart metallic teal and ironbreaker.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I've had tremendous luck with a hairdryer, straightening the bit, then immediately setting it in ice cold water.

You need to hold it in position as you dunk it, which is frustrating to do as you simultaneously shut off a hairdryer.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Age of Sigmar: The Christmas Update

RagnarokAngel details out the AoS xmas update!

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I'm getting into slaves to darkness and I picked up the new start collecting and got a godsworn warband on the cheap, and I'm trying to pick a direction to build the army in. I don't have any marauders for the ravagers legion, I do have a demon prince but no other monsters, so I wonder if it's worth going despoilers.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

GIRL BRAINS posted:

I'm getting into slaves to darkness and I picked up the new start collecting and got a godsworn warband on the cheap, and I'm trying to pick a direction to build the army in. I don't have any marauders for the ravagers legion, I do have a demon prince but no other monsters, so I wonder if it's worth going despoilers.

Ravagers, despite the extra command ability, doesnt really benefit marauders only. The other abilities help anyone as long as your general isnt a daemon prince. I think Ravagers are the ideal "Default" subfaction because having multiple command traits you can switch between is insane, and has great synergy with how the marks of chaos are boosted if its your general, so you can switch your general each turn to give a boost to wherever the fight is currently happening.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Despite a bunch of clan rats that need painting in the purple scheme I have chosen, I decided to take a break and start working on my plague monks.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
One of my friends wants me to paint some skaven for him for the holidays. What's a reputable place to buy models online that isn't charging GW's MSRP and has a more fleshed-out selection than Miniature Market?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The default answer is Ministomp, but you they don't have an online store so you have to email them directly to get pricing and payment is done via paypal. For the hassle, they give really great discounts. Another option which I've heard good things baout but have not dealt with directly is discountgamesinc.com. They do have an online store and give a base 15% discount with an extra 15% added as a "rebate" if you purchase over $100 worth of stuff.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Back when I played Warmachine I used Discountgamesinc a lot and they were great, that was ~8 years ago but I would hope they are still the same.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Cross-posting my vampire boi

Zuul the Cat posted:

Currently working on the old Vampire Counts Winged Vampire Lord as a counts as for the Abhorrant Archregent since the model isn't available yet.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Had a pretty casual pair of games over the weekend.

One of those cases where not many people came in due to the holidays so we just did a pair of one-off games.

I finally got to try Hallowheart against my personal bugbear faction of Idoneth Deepkin. He had King Volturnos, a shitload of eels, a pair of sharks, and some sort of deepstriking DoK unit ally. I had a Hurricanum wizard, Nomad Prince, a pair of Sisters of the Thorn, a blob of Sisters of the Watch, and Phoenix Guard as the line-holder, plus ye olde spellportal/purple sun combo.

Made a *lot* of mistakes, and being Hollowheart, still lost the game due to objectives (read: I forgot to move one of the Thorn units in time), but won the moral victory by killing all of his eels before High Tide could happen.

Purple Sun killed like five eels between three units, plus shaving a bunch of wounds off the sharks, importantly, killing two of the Ishlaen who were screening everything else. Hurricanum rolled low but still killed another model, and the Sisters of the Watch got two more. Won the 2nd turn roll-off and took the bottom of the turn to get control of the purple sun to no effect, objective comes down along with the deep-strikers, finally they slammed into my PG and dear god eels do a lot of damage. PG managed to take down an eel on one of the Morsarr units but are wiped out by the end of the turn. My objective comes down way too far away for me to grab immediately- the cav I had on that flank ended up engaged and the others I rolled very poorly for their run. Hallowheart offensive spells it turns out are not great against small units, but I still manage to kill a shark. Shooting on my turn just mops up the rest of the survivors between the Hurricanum and the Sisters, leaving Volturnos, a single shark, and the DoK unit hiding out in cover. We called it there on account of a) me wiping most of his army and b) him being up at least 5 points with no easy way for me to come back from.

Second game we tried again since gently caress it I brought almost my entire CoS collection and decided on Anvilgard, and the LGS owner let him use his Blades of Khorne army.

Nothing too notable about this one other than it being way more of a casual game than us bringing our ostensible tournament lists and that khorne vs. a monster heavy army makes for a really loving fun brawl.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Mikey Purp posted:

The default answer is Ministomp, but you they don't have an online store so you have to email them directly to get pricing and payment is done via paypal. For the hassle, they give really great discounts. Another option which I've heard good things baout but have not dealt with directly is discountgamesinc.com. They do have an online store and give a base 15% discount with an extra 15% added as a "rebate" if you purchase over $100 worth of stuff.

These are hot tips, thank you

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Seconding both those recommendations. FYI, I have it on good authority ministomp is actually working on a shopping cart system, so it's going to be a little easier to place orders in the coming year.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

X-posting from the miniature painting thread;

LazyAngel posted:

And some Eternal Guard for AoS, with kitbashed command.

Tester for (obviously) my Hallowheart theme.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Merry Christmas! I hope the Red Gobbo has brought you something fun, even though he technically doesn't exist in AoS but who cares.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/25/happy-christmas-from-warhammer-communitygw-homepage-post-1/

So we're getting a Kharadon vs Tzeentch box set next month alongside new battletomes for the two factions.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Got a GW voucher for Christmas, spending it on:

A box of gryph hounds to add to oval bases and old empire knights to make hedge knights with hunting hounds to count as demigryph knights

Severina rayne to convert into a fleet master for my free company pirate corsairs :toot:

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 25, 2019

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Haha they forget their new seraphon codex announcement, how embarrassing for them. I wonder how long until they notice their mistake and update the page.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also free Total Warhammer for anyone that buys a physical product.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Which is totally not a marketing move for the upcoming Old World ruleset.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

TKIY posted:

Which is totally not a marketing move for the upcoming Old World ruleset.

Upcoming is a pretty generous term.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Upcoming is a pretty generous term.

Yeah I was going to say the same.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Haha they forget their new seraphon codex announcement, how embarrassing for them. I wonder how long until they notice their mistake and update the page.

:smithicide:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

TKIY posted:

Okay, I'll get it up on the site once I've done a batch of test prints.

edit: Placeholder is up - https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/761043285/chaos-mark-trackers?ref=shop_home_active_1

Look what came in! Perfect.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Glad you like them!

PLA plastic paints up easily too if you'd like to paint them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Talk to me about KoS offhand weapons. Hand or Aegis to keep it on the board as long as possible? Thoughts on the whip and knife?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

*hugs you in lizard*

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

The Warcry Tome of Champions includes campaigns and missions for a bunch of factions that don't have Warcry rules - Like Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Ogres, and so on.

Are these factions that have incoming rules and they just jumped the gun on giving them content in the TOC, or am I missing something here?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Geisladisk posted:

The Warcry Tome of Champions includes campaigns and missions for a bunch of factions that don't have Warcry rules - Like Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Ogres, and so on.

Are these factions that have incoming rules and they just jumped the gun on giving them content in the TOC, or am I missing something here?

They are on the way

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Talk to me about KoS offhand weapons. Hand or Aegis to keep it on the board as long as possible? Thoughts on the whip and knife?

Always the hand. You *want* to take wounds for depravity.

double dip with the Skintaker trait to get 2-6 wounds back each combat.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Geisladisk posted:

Skaven are coming, and that's what I'm most excited for. I hope clan Eshin gets the main focus like in Mordheim.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Cool. Do we have any eta? Also, what factions are being added?

I have friends with old, old, old 5-6th edition armies that I want to rope into Warcry, and "you can use your old models" is a hell of a sales pitch.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I finally had the chance to play with my Bonereapers yesterday and learned a few things: Mortek Guards with Petrifex are absolutely disgusting, one unit of 10 handled more than 100 wounds and survived being double turned by a couple of fully buffed DoK. I also learned that Morghasts are useless and Stalkers just shred things, but why would anyone pick anything else than "Precision Aspect" with them?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
What can kill Petrifex guard efficiently? I have noticed a trend of people talking about them lately.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Anything that causes mortals or anything with rend -2. That's about it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Always the hand. You *want* to take wounds for depravity.

double dip with the Skintaker trait to get 2-6 wounds back each combat.

Thanks, that makes sense and was in line with my thinking on how the army works in competitive play.

Otherwise - obviously it's too early to have much data, but (speculatively) do the summon cost nerfs impact that? Like, do you think KoS/hero stacking and depravity generation will be replaced by other tactics, or is it so good that it will remain the dominant game plan and the army will just drop to tier 2 or something?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

dexefiend posted:

What can kill Petrifex guard efficiently? I have noticed a trend of people talking about them lately.
Mortal wounds, magic or shooting, since their ability to re-roll saves is only for the combat phase. I was lucky to play against DoK that time. And well, if I know I'm going to play against a heavy magic army, I'll probably switch to Null Myriad.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Thanks, that makes sense and was in line with my thinking on how the army works in competitive play.

Otherwise - obviously it's too early to have much data, but (speculatively) do the summon cost nerfs impact that? Like, do you think KoS/hero stacking and depravity generation will be replaced by other tactics, or is it so good that it will remain the dominant game plan and the army will just drop to tier 2 or something?

I'm really not sure. I haven't really used my Hedonites since CoS came out.

Its still probably the way to go if you're playing the WD Syll'Esske list that doubles your depravity, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Would buying a slaves to darkness and blades of Khorne starter box be a good kick off point for a chaos army? I'll be painting them all red.