Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Those heady days of weird and bad chili, and recipes written like they were advertising the first edition Warmachine rulebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Imagine being the kind of person that needs to put a joking "offending foodies" meter on your comic about making a mediocre chili recipe

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Wasn’t there a bunch of cookbooks written like that on Kickstarter around then? I remember some possibly horribly racist “gangsta kitchen” one or something

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

watho posted:

Wasn’t there a bunch of cookbooks written like that on Kickstarter around then? I remember some possibly horribly racist “gangsta kitchen” one or something

Thug Kitchen

https://www.thugkitchen.com/

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

SunAndSpring posted:

edit: also for the love of god why is QCS still locked, admins please release us from this misery, how am I to see the awful chili recipe pic that makes me mad if the FYAD poo poo is happening here and distracting from this

QCS should stay locked until it can be opened as a place for people to post questions, comments, and suggestions and get a straight answer, instead of yet another place where a handful of posters rush to poo poo on the OP because everything has to be a competition over who can care the least and how quickly and loudly they can tell everyone about it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Oh yes that’s the one

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sweevo posted:

QCS should stay locked until it can be opened as a place for people to post questions, comments, and suggestions and get a straight answer, instead of yet another place where a handful of posters rush to poo poo on the OP because everything has to be a competition over who can care the least and how quickly and loudly they can tell everyone about it.

I just want it to be elsewhere, in a place that doesn't provide enjoyable content that may be disrupted.

I dunno, I think I'm just a bit soured on the place since the only time I've ever really needed QCS and wasn't just participating in stupid drama was because someone had changed my avatar to something really gross and transphobic, and I wanted to ask what could be done and sadly basically nothing could be done apart from a free avatar change from a mod since the code making up this hallowed website is the forums equivalent of a rat king, a squalid mess of verminous 1s and 0s tied together at the tail, and therefore no one can find who exactly did do the transphobic thing.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Xarbala posted:

Those heady days of weird and bad chili, and recipes written like they were advertising the first edition Warmachine rulebook

this reminded me that regular ordinary swedish meal time was a thing at about that same point in time

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Is it possible to open QCS and just have one containment thread, with any others that crop up getting locked and all contributors probated for like a month? I'm sure it will generate a ton of reports nobody wants to deal with, but having that happen across multiple subforums can't be much better.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the time period where everyone was maddox or wanted to be maddox

lol maddox

That recipe was posted in 2011, he was like 6 years late on the “imitating Maddox” train. That was a very mid-2000’s thing.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
cumshitter, your post immediately drew in three fyad posters ganging up at once (crimpolini, serious norman, spanish manlove). why bother engaging them as though they're neutral on the issue, just block.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Franco isn't a fyad poster

You cant just call people you dont like fyad posters

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Did that one nutjob ever finish his bathroom? Was it actually :females: approved?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dumb Lowtax posted:

cumshitter, your post immediately drew in three fyad posters ganging up at once (crimpolini, serious norman, spanish manlove). why bother engaging them as though they're neutral on the issue, just block.

I'm a fyad poster? Me?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Leavemywife posted:

Did that one nutjob ever finish his bathroom? Was it actually :females: approved?

yes

no

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Neither is crimpolini lmao

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm a fyad poster? Me?

It's wrong of you to not have done the thing that would make someone's wrong statement about you correct actually. Really this is your* fault.

*the thing I project onto you which, when failed, is a failure of you to be the thing I imagined for you

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crocoswine posted:

Franco isn't a fyad poster

You cant just call people you dont like fyad posters

That sounds like FYAD talk to me. Burn the witch.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think if you aren’t an FYAD poster, and therefore don’t know who does and does not post there, then it is fair to assume that the motley crew of weirdoes who come out of the woodwork to pester anyone who criticizes FYAD lately is made up of people who actually post there. Apparently the truth is stranger than fiction, and the truth is that some folks are really committed to defending the honor of a subforum they do not post in and whose inhabitants, it seems, don’t like them very much.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's like 20 people just check before you say stuff that's incorrect.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Here's a little forums lifehack on how to spot a FYAD poster. Check their profile - negative post count means FYAD. I still don't know why it's the case, but it is. It's kind of interesting that a feature like that could be successfully implemented at some point for one specific subforum, considering the state of the forum's code elsewhere.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'm not a fyad poster lol

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Here's a little forums lifehack on how to spot a FYAD poster. Check their profile - negative post count means FYAD. I still don't know why it's the case, but it is. It's kind of interesting that a feature like that could be successfully implemented at some point for one specific subforum, considering the state of the forum's code elsewhere.

Posting in FYAD has always decremented your post count instead of incrementing it. BYOB doesn't affect it at all. I think nobody ever bothered to change it so it's still that way. There was a time when post counts actually mattered and people took a massively negative post count as a point of pride.

I think the whole thing started as internet forums were still popular and people cared a great deal about post counts. It was always stupid but having a place that erased your post count was a funny thing. Then, predictably, it quit being funny when people rammed it into the ground.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Posting in FYAD has always decremented your post count instead of incrementing it. BYOB doesn't affect it at all. I think nobody ever bothered to change it so it's still that way. There was a time when post counts actually mattered and people took a massively negative post count as a point of pride.

I think the whole thing started as internet forums were still popular and people cared a great deal about post counts. It was always stupid but having a place that erased your post count was a funny thing. Then, predictably, it quit being funny when people rammed it into the ground.

Forums Cancer also set your post count to zero. I think that’s the last time they added anything that did anything weird with post counts.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Paladinus posted:

Almost every functional forums feature is something that was implemented over a decade ago, back when this forum was still being worked on and its software was not very, very obsolete.

I still remember when Chooch implemented quote links and I was blown away by the new innovation. There was a sense that maybe the forums were finally starting to lurch into the 21st century. That was, what, 5 or 6 years ago?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ariong posted:

Almost every functional forums feature is something that was implemented over a decade ago, back when this forum was still being worked on and its software was not very, very obsolete.

I still remember when Chooch implemented quote links and I was blown away by the new innovation. There was a sense that maybe the forums were finally starting to lurch into the 21st century. That was, what, 5 or 6 years ago?

May or June 2012.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Was Chooch the coder who disappeared with a bunch of money for heroin after doing like 5 weeks of work?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Truly, we live in the future times.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ariong posted:

I think if you aren’t an FYAD poster, and therefore don’t know who does and does not post there, then it is fair to assume that the motley crew of weirdoes who come out of the woodwork to pester anyone who criticizes FYAD lately is made up of people who actually post there. Apparently the truth is stranger than fiction, and the truth is that some folks are really committed to defending the honor of a subforum they do not post in and whose inhabitants, it seems, don’t like them very much.

I just make fun of idiots, I have no allegiances. Too often I spend time these days making fun of myself.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

manish spanlove

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ArfJason posted:

Neither is crimpolini lmao

Arfjason had 429 posts in the gbs superstar thread that existed for scanning for bullying opportunities across the forum.

Serious Norman had 447.

Crimpolini is active right now.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908174&userid=209109

Spanish Manlove may have tricked me earlier, oh well. The details of who don't matter. When you see it don't engage. Who gives a poo poo if you go one poster too far in "do not engage", it's still the right answer.

Happy Thread has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Dec 28, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Inceltown posted:

That sounds like FYAD talk to me. Burn the witch.

Easy tiger.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the gbs superstar thread was very good and people who post fantasies of their daughter having sex deserves to be made fun of, as an example

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The PYF Fyad Trials

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Arfjason had 429 posts in the gbs superstar thread that existed for scanning for bullying opportunities across the forum.

Serious Norman had 447.

Crimpolini is active right now.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908174&userid=209109

Spanish Manlove may have tricked me, oh well. The details of who don't matter. When you see it don't engage. Who gives a poo poo if you go one poster too far in "do not engage", it's still the right answer.

thank you poster of fyad

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
FYAD was once described to me as "adults pretending to be 14 year olds pretending to be adults."

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The gbs super star thread also started as a mock/call-out thread for Applewhite, former GBS mod and massive chaser weirdo

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

ArfJason posted:

crimpolini

You're doing it on purpose now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Was Chooch the coder who disappeared with a bunch of money for heroin after doing like 5 weeks of work?

nah, Chooch just got busy and/or Lowtax couldn't afford to pay them. ZDR ghosted us and lowtax, then came back and lowtax let him post a begging thread last christmas. ZDR promised custom plat icons for donators, but I never got mine. Then he ghosted again. There've been accusations about ZDR and drugs, but I've never seen anything solid.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Spanish Manlove may have tricked me, oh well. The details of who don't matter. When you see it don't engage. Who gives a poo poo if you go one poster too far in "do not engage", it's still the right answer.

lol, Spanish Manlove flexing his mensa powers on this poor poster.