Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
Hey guys, Merry Christmas!

I'm Quid's friend and since he's on probation he asked me to post this on his behalf:

"My package from Theo arrived one crisp Canadian morning in a discrete wrapped envelope.

Lets take a look inside and witness what miracles lay within. First off. Theophany has done another amazing work of art with photoshop for the card, these things are loving priceless.

Right beneath the card was this gem :swoon: this picture (signed by the legend Lance Stroll himself) is simply the best and I’m hanging it up in the kart trailer right next to my Ron Dennis portrait

And beneath this, reeking of agip petrol fumes that it no doubt was soaked in for authenticity, was this absolute beauty of a track suit. I can’t wait to wear it to fit in with all the poles at the kart track while I scream expletives about Ferrari.

Theophany really loving knocked it out of the park this year. As I said to him, I find the holiday season stressful as poo poo but I always unironically look forward to these gift exchanges with him and they’re a great way to cap off the year. I miss you all and I have bought a new non-stick rice cooker I plan to post about how great it is in 2020 when I’m off probation. Ciao~"
:nws:https://i.imgur.com/fz0Xr0g.png:nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That last pic :aaaaa:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Pic posted:

Hey guys, Merry Christmas!

I'm Quid's friend and since he's on probation he asked me to post this on his behalf:

"My package from Theo arrived one crisp Canadian morning in a discrete wrapped envelope.

Lets take a look inside and witness what miracles lay within. First off. Theophany has done another amazing work of art with photoshop for the card, these things are loving priceless.

Right beneath the card was this gem :swoon: this picture (signed by the legend Lance Stroll himself) is simply the best and I’m hanging it up in the kart trailer right next to my Ron Dennis portrait

And beneath this, reeking of agip petrol fumes that it no doubt was soaked in for authenticity, was this absolute beauty of a track suit. I can’t wait to wear it to fit in with all the poles at the kart track while I scream expletives about Ferrari.

Theophany really loving knocked it out of the park this year. As I said to him, I find the holiday season stressful as poo poo but I always unironically look forward to these gift exchanges with him and they’re a great way to cap off the year. I miss you all and I have bought a new non-stick rice cooker I plan to post about how great it is in 2020 when I’m off probation. Ciao~"
*mod snip*

ban for probation evasion

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 29, 2019

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

MustardFacial posted:

Did you get my pm about McDonald's? There actually is no small combo.

You never responded so I don't know if you got the message or not, just FYI.

Interesting because I was able to select small drink and fries for a combo a few days ago on the website. I regret not taking a screenshot as I was still very upset by the bullying on Discord.

Regardless, I find you deeply unpleasant people for needling a person who is clearly upset for your own amusement. “We only do it because the reaction.” Says a lot about the quality of a person to willingly hurt another for laughs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Minto Took posted:

Interesting because I was able to select small drink and fries for a combo a few days ago on the website. I regret not taking a screenshot as I was still very upset by the bullying on Discord.

Regardless, I find you deeply unpleasant people for needling a person who is clearly upset for your own amusement. “We only do it because the reaction.” Says a lot about the quality of a person to willingly hurt another for laughs.

You got upset at fast food workers over a loving meal that doesn't exist when you order in person. You abused the workers. Then told a Persian he was a suicide bomber. Shut the gently caress up

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Please stop

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Welcome to the F1 thread buddy

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Welcome to the F1 thread buddy

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the thread

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

You got upset at fast food workers over a loving meal that doesn't exist when you order in person. You abused the workers. Then told a Persian he was a suicide bomber. Shut the gently caress up

I’m currently between career jobs and working part time making minimum wage as a truck driver yet I still care more about my job than most minimum wage earners I’ve ran into—including a number of my coworkers?

Calling wirth a suicide bomber was in bad taste and I’m sorry.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Big Huski Boi posted:

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the thread

i'll let you gently caress the thread

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Minto Took posted:

I’m currently between career jobs and working part time making minimum wage as a truck driver yet I still care more about my job than most minimum wage earners I’ve ran into—including a number of my coworkers?

Calling wirth a suicide bomber was in bad taste and I’m sorry.

Your position should make you more sympathetic to low-wage workers. but instead you chose to take out your frustration over a loving combo meal that doesn't exist when you order it in person...have a racist meltdown and then continue to poo poo on minimum wage workers in the process.

Admit that you're being a piece of poo poo?

Honestly dude I respected you before all of this but..naw.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’m very much a piece of poo poo and I’ll be the first to admit that. The only reason I’m still alive is because I’m a coward.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Minto Took posted:

I’m very much a piece of poo poo and I’ll be the first to admit that. The only reason I’m still alive is because I’m a coward.

Stop posting and do some yoga or something

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
whats going on?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

whats going on?

spillover drama

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I guess that's why they call it Discord, folks

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’m at a wedding right now so I have better things to do than continue to be mad on the internet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

I’m at a wedding right now so I have better things to do than continue to be mad on the internet.

Oh did the DJ play Wild Wild West?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Big Huski Boi posted:

Oh did the DJ play Wild Wild West?

Not yet, but Mariah Carey’s Christmas song was the opener.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

See if they'll play Small Town

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Minto Took posted:

I give it 2 years, tops.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is that Max Verstappen inside Goatse? Finally after all these years the internet gets something right

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
I am new to Formula One, this is my first season watching. Was Ricciardo (and the Renault team) supposed to be... good? He seemed like a perfectly good mid field racer, but everyone talks about him like its a big disappointment?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Tagdoodle posted:

I am new to Formula One, this is my first season watching. Was Ricciardo (and the Renault team) supposed to be... good? He seemed like a perfectly good mid field racer, but everyone talks about him like its a big disappointment?

The big disappointment is the he went to Renault. He is a capable driver who is good and means well under normal non-Renault circumstances.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Renault was not even the fifth best car on the grid. Ricciardo dragged that thing into some semblance of decency.

Also lmao at Ricciardo for going to Renault

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Tagdoodle posted:

Ricciardo's a good driver, Renault are a poo poo team who can't decide whether they want to be in F1 or not. They threw a boatload of cash at him to drive for them and his career's suffered consequently

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ricciardo finished 9th on average this season.
Hulkenberg, the most average midfield German clone in history, finished 10th on average in the same car.

Calling Dan "good" at this point is an insane stretch.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Tagdoodle posted:

I once heard that a good driver, a really good driver can make a second of difference a lap, but a good car can make 4-6 seconds difference, so if he's a great driver in a dogshit car he'll still have dogshit results.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The relevant catastrophic factor here is: France

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Both Ricciardo and Renault were massively overhyped this year. Some were seriously suggesting that they would be 3rd in the WCC and winning occasionally in the pre season. Look how that turned out lol.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Renault have been picking up some very decent engineers of late, so they may surprise us next year.

Or maybe not, as all the engineers I know that went there hate each others guts.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
How much effort do you think teams will be putting into 2020 given how much is changing in 2021? It seems like a team like Renault might be tempted to invest heavily to improve results after a disappointing 2019, but there has to be a point in the season where you have to make the decision to stop focusing on the 2020 car (which is essentially a dead end) in case you miss whatever the next double diffuser is with the new regs.

Is the PR of making sure you get 4th rather than 5th or 6th worth it if you start the next era playing catch up?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rebus posted:

Renault have been picking up some very decent engineers of late, so they may surprise us next year.

Or maybe not, as all the engineers I know that went there hate each others guts.

Are you telling me Cyril Abiteboul is a lovely manager with no rhyme or reason of creating a cohesive team of engineers that compliment and give rise to each other's strengths while covering their individual weaknesses and instead just cherry picks whoever they can and throws them into a room locking the key and shoving it up his rear end until the end of the season thinking this will actually create a step forward????

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

How much effort do you think teams will be putting into 2020 given how much is changing in 2021?

Lots! Next year is still unrestricted spending so there's a good excuse to blow a load of borrowed cash on new expensive cfd clusters, infrastructure investment and other big outgoings to give the best long term return that might not be possible come 2021.

Also I believe prize payments from 2020 will come under 2021 rules, which will be worth more per position than under current rules, so it's still worth putting efforts in rather than writing it off.

I'd expect developments to continue up to summer shutdown at minimum, though tunnel time in general throughout the year will probably be spent more on the 'next season' car than in normal years.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you telling me Cyril Abiteboul is a lovely manager with no rhyme or reason of creating a cohesive team of engineers that compliment and give rise to each other's strengths while covering their individual weaknesses and instead just cherry picks whoever they can and throws them into a room locking the key and shoving it up his rear end until the end of the season thinking this will actually create a step forward????

I'm telling you engineers will smile and tell lies during interviews to move to a job that pays them more wedge.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rebus posted:

I'm telling you engineers will smile and tell lies during interviews to move to a job that pays them more wedge.

Like, potato wedges?

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Like, potato wedges?

Wedge / readies / beer tokens / insert your money slang term here.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the teams will spend like madmens this and next year developing two cars at the same time while building the infraestructure for 2021

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rebus posted:

Wedge / readies / beer tokens / insert your money slang term here.

I want to be paid in minutes. Minutes that I can spend gazing into George Russell's hypnotic eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat I want some potato wedges now