Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku will hook up with...*pulls name out of hat*...Hagakure! Didn't see that one coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/heavenlycontrol/status/1210723556234915840?s=21

This is a crack ship and I don’t approve

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also this next episode of the anime is gonna be packed and looks good from the preview. It's probably ending on fullbody 100% I'm guessing. If so we're covering bunch of chapters.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I can't wait to see the highway attack animated

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rhonne posted:

Deku will hook up with...*pulls name out of hat*...Hagakure! Didn't see that one coming.

The main character gets the prettiest girl is a pretty standard trope.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

well, she is invisible

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Carlosologist posted:

This is a crack ship and I don’t approve
I will still accept this over Deku and Bakugo.

Rhonne posted:

I will gladly accept this over Deku and Bakugo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

tweet my meat posted:

Please god, let them bring Nakamura out for that cut. Please don't softshoe the scene in this arc that is the MOST like a proper comicbook movie scene

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i had a while there where i kind of forgot about hatsume and it's probably the worst crime i have ever committed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

tweet my meat posted:

I wish there was a version of this meme for Shigaraki, because it'd be perfect for that episode.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Rhonne posted:

:hmmyes:

I am HYPED to see the next couple of episodes when Deku eventually goes 100%, that should be fun!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
When Deku goes 100%, I want someone to edit the Gohan SS2 music over it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

flowinprose posted:

:hmmyes:

I am HYPED to see the next couple of episodes when Deku eventually goes 100%, that should be fun!
I'm very curious how the anime thread is going to feel about the development. At the time, I was pretty adamant that it felt like the kind of "only in this one specific circumstances" power-up that happens in a lot of semi-canon anime movies and filler arcs. It was kind of the capstone on my "the Overhaul arc feels like anime filler" argument.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Some random girl from the support class comes up to Deku and confesses. Seeing him destroy his hands during the sports festival awoke something in her.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Ytlaya posted:

Some random girl from the support class comes up to Deku and confesses. Seeing him destroy his hands during the sports festival awoke something in her.
"I saw you failing to do the high jump one evening and then I dunno, I just couldn't stop thinking about you"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Fabricated posted:

Yeah it's looking like the raw providers definitely haven't been affected at all since Korean/Chinese raws are showing up at the usual time.

Actual Spoilers:
The kids show off their progress from their internships. Midoriya/Todoroki/Bakugou show off their obvious gains in power. Uraraka's new gear is shown, which is grappling hooks- her and Midoriya have an interaction that isn't the both of them being annoyingly bashful. Mina actually has a new move where she literally makes a big acidic-gel blob around herself to tank incoming attacks, and ribs Kirishima about stealing his gimmick and he is flustered (fujos will probably be pissed off). Some teamwork is on display: a Sero/Mineta combo attack, and interestingly a Aoyama/Hagekure combo where she actually uses her light manipulation to redirect his beams. Everyone else is predictably one-paneled.

Eraser and Mic are brooding a bit, then Nejire calls Eraser to Eri's room- Eri's horn is sparking and the buildup in power is actually causing her physical pain (she's in tears from it). Eraser cancels her quirk out to temporarily make her feel better. All Might gives Midoriya his collected notes on the previous OFA holders. There's a happy new year page where Bakugou blows up the thing you make mochi in.

Looks like mostly a breather and set-up chapter. Can't wait to find out more about Nana Shimura's Quirk, as well as the other AFO wielders! And Eri's sparking is going to be important, I can feel it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mirio's shining moment was really good in the anime

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can tell they were saving money for super saiyan deku with the slideshow presentation at the end tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can tell they were saving money for super saiyan deku with the slideshow presentation at the end tho
I still think to a degree it was a stylistic choice to try to show that a lot of time passes during the fight. I wish it was a bit more animated but it didn't look too cheap.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I enjoy the fact that Overhaul ends up respecting Mirio enough to call him Lemillion by the time Deku gets through

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe Mirio's ultimate move got JoJoed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Star Wars references have been so blatant thus far, too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Carlosologist posted:

I enjoy the fact that Overhaul ends up respecting Mirio enough to call him Lemillion by the time Deku gets through

No he holds no respect for him, he just does not know Mirio's actual name so just uses the hero name he was told.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he holds no respect for him, he just does not know Mirio's actual name so just uses the hero name he was told.

huh, I guess that's another way of seeing it. the anime had Overhaul calling Mirio Mr. Student and by the time his Quirk was taken away and Mirio kept beating his rear end Overhaul was calling him Lemillion

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

huh, I guess that's another way of seeing it. the anime had Overhaul calling Mirio Mr. Student and by the time his Quirk was taken away and Mirio kept beating his rear end Overhaul was calling him Lemillion

He was mocking him, giving him a little bit of "So you want to be a hero, eh Lemillion. How's that working out for you?"

Overhaul doesn't respect anyone or anything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pretty high on the list of things I want to see that will never happen is Mirio becoming the first successful quirkless hero. It'd really cement his position as a foil for Deku.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't believe Mirio's ultimate move got JoJoed.

It threw me off because he audibly says Phantom Menace. Like, I need subtitles for most of this stuff but I heard him say it, Crunchyroll.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shere posted:

It threw me off because he audibly says Phantom Menace. Like, I need subtitles for most of this stuff but I heard him say it, Crunchyroll.

Look when the Disney Lawyers are involved you don't gently caress around

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Pretty high on the list of things I want to see that will never happen is Mirio becoming the first successful quirkless hero. It'd really cement his position as a foil for Deku.

Maybe his first second opponent will be the Sludge Villain from the start of the manga.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Shere posted:

Welcome to what it's like to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Mountaineer posted:

Welcome to what it's like to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Maybe his first second opponent will be the Sludge Villain from the start of the manga.
And he gets support items from Hatsume. That would tie up a lot of dangling threads nicely, and bring back in two good characters who kind of faded into the background.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hatsume just gave Deku his new gloves?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That was arcs ago.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Same but via other means.

"Hello everyone! I'm back in the hero business! And it's all thanks to this demon I have made a covenant with!"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Phantom Menace getting renamed likely stands out more because (off the top of my head) season 2 had Hoth and Season 3 had Kamino. Hoth was maybe missable because it was called Hosu, but it was still pretty obvious and Kamino was literally unchanged (except for being spelled Camino once).

This one getting Copyright Friendly but the more explicit Star Wars stuff being left in is really kinda weird.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dragonatrix posted:

This one getting Copyright Friendly but the more explicit Star Wars stuff being left in is really kinda weird.

Is it really? I would figure titles of properties would get more scrutiny than background details.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah, Phantom Menace is the actual title of a movie while Hoth and Kamino are semi-nerdy background details that are also a lot more plausibly deniable.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
When I think of Mirio having a job that doesn't require a Quirk, I think of firefighting, probably because he's swole as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That was arcs ago.

maybe but the villains, endeavor, and hawks took center stage for a long time so it's prob not that far off in terms of deku's plot line